Glacial Lodestone farming location?

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Q:

Since I’ve been working toward Frostfang, I’ve been gathering corrupted and glacial lodestones as much as possible, but I’ve run into a problem: the glacial lodestones.

Given their price on the trading post (about 50 silver), they must be fairly common in comparison to the others. Yet I have had more charged lodestones drop from a random pass through Malchor’s Leap than I have had Glacials. In fact, I have never had a glacial lodestone drop from anywhere (chests, loot, mystic clover “failures”, etc.) I have twelve total right now, ten of which I bought off the TP and the other two were core promotion (half of the cores were given to me by guildies).

Since I am obviously missing something, is there a farming location for these?

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: bomber.1540

bomber.1540

A:

pretty sure you get corrupted from grenth temple.

anyhow, in frostgrove, just south of where jormag spawns, you will find a heap of ice elementals in those canyons (and imps).. thats where i go if i need to farm..

tbh, id just buy them on the tp as they are way cheaper than all the others..

in Crafting

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

I’ve got them quite often from Grenth temple (Cathedral of Silence) in Cursed Shore – the ice elementals on each side of the temple (not during the event).

Maybe they also drop from the other ice elementals at the top of the temple near the mini-chest but I’ve never got any from those.

in Crafting

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

Jormag Ice zone.

during the event vet ice mobs spawn.
Good time to farm lodestones if u focus on the vet’s and not jormag entirely.

BTW this area was botted til Anet killed the bots, hence why the prices were low.

In honesty, the price of glacial as it is now, your best buying it now instead of farming it, b4 it goes up insane like charged does.

in Crafting

Posted by: The Blue Ace.2850

The Blue Ace.2850

Farm them quick too, I’ve had this gut feeling the lodestone prices are gonna stabilize in the next patch.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I’ve never worried about farming these guys because they were so cheap. I’d recommend buying them up in case prices go up soon. Corrupted are my problem, but I’ve been getting them from farming as well as guildies finding them in fractals.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: Jake.1842

Jake.1842

I have 200 in my bank which I bought for 25s each. It was 250, but I sold 50 to get some quick cash. I’ve no idea where you might farm them though.

I did get a core once from Fractals though. Not sure how common they would be though.

Faelinor | Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Hurrakan.4259

Hurrakan.4259

pretty sure you get corrupted from grenth temple.

Only the mini ice elementals during the event to take the temple of grenth give corrupted lodestones. Before/after the event the larger ice elementals there give glacial lodestones.

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Sorry to hijack thread but WHY are corrupted Lodestones going up in price? I remember buying them for 1g25s last month, then it dropped to under 1g for wintersday and now its over 1g50s. Any insight? I was thinking of getting a Corrupted Axe to match my Jormag’s Breath but not at that price, lol.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Sorry to hijack thread but WHY are corrupted Lodestones going up in price? I remember buying them for 1g25s last month, then it dropped to under 1g for wintersday and now its over 1g50s. Any insight? I was thinking of getting a Corrupted Axe to match my Jormag’s Breath but not at that price, lol.

They nerfed the loot drops from the Claw of Jormag event. I think they also nerfed the drop rate at the main farming locations in Frostgorge, but I can’t really confirm that.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

They nerfed the loot drops from the Claw of Jormag event. I think they also nerfed the drop rate at the main farming locations in Frostgorge, but I can’t really confirm that.

Yes, they nerfed it around nov/dec patch with the adds not dropping them but that was 1-2 months ago. I mentioned the time frame, and look at Spidy graph,

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/24340

It dropped to as low 80s buy orders back on Jan 3rd. Now its doubled, manipulation?

in Crafting

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

I’ve gotten tons from Honour of The Waves; both from mobs and in the chests.

Actually, the reason why is simple. Take a look at the Icebrood Colossus farming places: they are all devoid of bots! They were driving down the prices by supplying a lot of them, and now they’re gone.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Yes, the Claw of Jormag event adds were nerfed.. and the drop rate on Corrupted Lodestones in general appears to have been nerfed. The usual farm spots that would turn up a lodestone about every 20-30 minutes now yields one about every 1-1.5 hours.

And I agree, I think the bots were driving the price down.

in Crafting

Posted by: roperratt.6917

roperratt.6917

Corrupted lodestones have been badly nerfed. I used to get 2-3 for a 1 1/2 run through frostgorge. Now I’m lucky if I get 1 every week. MF doesn’t seem to help at all. It’s almost as if farming is a bad thing.

IGN: Roper the Ratt, Mithril Knight, Sophie the Golden, (TTS), (DTtD), (KCCO), (BANA)
Fort Aspenwood