Glob of Dark Matter

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Chaoleo.1854

Chaoleo.1854

I was having zero luck with mystic salvage kits and then tried the black lion kits and got a bunch of the dark matter with even more regular ecto on top of that.

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

I salvaged well in the thousands of exotics (ranging in between level 70-79). The rate seems to be 1:4 (or 25%). Meaning for every 4 exotics you salvage you get 1 Glob of Dark matter. Sometimes you get 1, sometimes 3, that’s just RNG. But I had well over 2 stacks of ecto for every 1 stack of glob of dark matter. I’ll agree that the droprate is a bit low, but you don’t need that many. I still have a few stacks in the bank and I wouldn’t know what to do with them.

I used Mystic Salvage Kits for all of them.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

(edited by Charming Rogue.8071)

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I salvaged well in the thousands of exotics (ranging in between level 70-79). The rate seems to be 1:4 (or 25%). Meaning for every 4 exotics you salvage you get 1 Glob of Dark matter. Sometimes you get 1, sometimes 3, that’s just RNG. But I had well over 2 stacks of ecto for every 1 stack of glob of dark matter. I’ll agree that the droprate is a bit low, but you don’t need that many. I still have a few stacks in the bank and I wouldn’t know what to do with them.

Did you save them or dump them?

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Pity you can’t sell that Dark Matter. I’d love to buy some. XD I’m working (very, very) slowly towards my Ascended gear, but I calculated I’ll need 350 Dark Matter to craft Ascended variants for my main weapon sets and 1 set of Ascended armor for my 5 characters. That’s a lot of salvaged Exotics…

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Yea I wish you could sell them as well.

At this point, I’m just hoping they’ll be used for precursor crafting (or other high end stuffs). Makes sense imo… instead of tossing random items in the forge you can get dark matter more regularly from salvaging exotics. Exotic prices are also too low and this would help kick that back up a bit.

If it’s not using for something I’ll have to wind up dumping 3 stacks of them : /

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Did you save them or dump them?

“I still have a few stacks in the bank.”, I used a lot for crafting. So I saved them. I’m hoping they will be used for precursor crafting or something like that in the future.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Every time I come across an exotic from a champ bag that I haven’t already put aside in the bank for alts, and doesn’t sell for that much money on the TP, I get the BL salvage kit out and try for dark matter salvage. I think my salvage rate actually has been rather good, as I’m approaching half a stack of dark matter and my mean salvage rate seems to be up around 0.7 – 0.8 globs per.

My bet is they’ll see some influence in precursor crafting. I just hope we don’t need that many of them.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

looks like nothing has changed, salvages still low or unreliable, extreme materials required. wonder when we’ll have a CDI on these issues?!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

We’ll know tomorrow when we all start salvaging like a mad man.

Pardon my ignorance but ….

I haven’t noticed any changes to salvaging / generating globs of dark matter in any of the previews, interviews, notes, dev posts I have read with regards to tomorrows patch.

If there are such, could someone please share the details and source ?

Thanks a lot

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

We’ll know tomorrow when we all start salvaging like a mad man.

Pardon my ignorance but ….

I haven’t noticed any changes to salvaging / generating globs of dark matter in any of the previews, interviews, notes, dev posts I have read with regards to tomorrows patch.

If there are such, could someone please share the details and source ?

Thanks a lot

That statement was made 5 months ago, 1 day before ascended weaponcrafting got introduced.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Do you get globs of dark matter from crafted exotics or dungeon armor?

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Any exotic weapon or armor that can be salvaged.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

From my experience, you get more dark matter from the BLSK than the mystic salvage kits. I was using mystic and when I switched to BLSKs there was a noticeable increase in frequency of getting dark matter.

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Do you get globs of dark matter from crafted exotics or dungeon armor?

Yes. I don’t see a difference in rate between different types of armor. There is however (as mentioned above) significant difference between BLSK and Mystic/Master. Use Black Lions whenever you can.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

With BLSK you can “profit” from making the Dark Matter (if you don’t count in the BLSK price, and break even or small profit even if you do). Place buy offers for armor/weapons that drop either insignias/dowels or valuable runes/sigils, or both. Salvage and resell all but the Dark Matter and you should be well on the black.

One – Piken Square

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

It’s all RNG unfortunately..though it has been good to me lately
(150 lvl 70 rare’s bought on TP salvaged 178 Ecto’s)

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Thank you for this totally unrelated info.

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

From my experience, you get more dark matter from the BLSK than the mystic salvage kits. I was using mystic and when I switched to BLSKs there was a noticeable increase in frequency of getting dark matter.

I love people using me.

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I love people using me.

Sorry Mystic, but your Globs of Dark Matter were too few and far between to keep using you. I’ve moved on to a better salvage kit. :P

You still have my heart when it comes to ectos though, so don’t be too sad.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

One thing I did notice is that if you craft exotics, say 10 exotic weapons like I did once for an experiment, the dark matter drop rate is significantly reduced. “For science”, I salvaged those 10 exotics I made with a BLSK and not one dark matter appeared. Ok so it’s not a great sample size, but to me it served more as a warning.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

JCROY.5730

One thing I did notice is that if you craft exotics, say 10 exotic weapons like I did once for an experiment, the dark matter drop rate is significantly reduced. “For science”, I salvaged those 10 exotics I made with a BLSK and not one dark matter appeared. Ok so it’s not a great sample size, but to me it served more as a warning.

Gonna advice you smt weird maybe..

Equip the newly made exotics,(making it bound) also, upgrade your self-made exotics with cheap Jewels (like beryl orbs or smt) and un-equip..then salvage

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

JCROY.5730

How is RNG not related?
Thank you for acting like the OP

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

How is RNG not related?
Thank you for acting like the OP

Because your salvage rate of ectos from rares has nothing to do with dark matter.

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Elonian Leather Squares deldrimor ingot and spiritwood plank

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

What are Ascended item materials listed randomly in a necroed thread, Alex?

Wait….oh, sorry.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Glob of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Meta.

15 Char.