Glob of Ectoplasm??

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: Nepocrates.3642

Nepocrates.3642

ok have salvage 25 rare level 70+ items using master salvage kits. I got 0 Ectoplasm. What do you have to do to get them? is there something I am missing or am I just having horrible luck?

Thanks

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Wow that is the worst luck ever. I feel sorry for you. It is supposed to be any lvl 70+ rare(yellow) quality or higher. Wow that really sucks.

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Nepocrates.3642

ok so I am using the right stuff. good to know. I will keep at it. remember you cant spell stubborn with out U

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

If your bad luck continues, just sell your rares on the TP, and buy the ectos from the TP. Thats the only way to be guaranteed to get ectos from your rares ;-) tho it is an indirect way.

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: Methias.3521

Methias.3521

Well I am really grateful that I did this but I saved all the Black Lion Salvage Kits that I had gotten from opening chests and from exploration (I saved up around 15 kits with 25 charges each) and I am currently sitting at 99 Globs of Ecto and that is AFTER I have crafted over 10+ Exotic Greatswords and other armor that use up 5 exctos per craft. If you want the best chance of getting an ecto you want to be using black lion kits but I know that is easier said than done as you don’t get those too often (again I got super lucky with my kits and just hoarded them when I did get them).

Edit: Forgot to add that I get just about 1 ecto per rare that I salvege (mind you that is the rate at which I get them, some times I will get 3 ectos from a rare and others I will not get an ecto at all).

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: Marshall Teach.9064

Marshall Teach.9064

Black Lion Salvage Kits are godsend, especially after the buff that let you get a better chance for rare items and 100% salvage of upgrades. i get a minimum of 1 ecto per salvage and if the upgrade is worth ~15S, i practically got the ecto for free.

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: chedder.6302

chedder.6302

Ive crafted mithril rare weapons (which cost 0 ectos) used black lion kit on it nad got 2-3 off of them

President of Believegate

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: Midnight.9205

Midnight.9205

I will generally salvage out an average of 1-2 rares a day (talking level 70+).

I always use a Black Lion salvage kit for these salvages, and I can say that it’s rare for me to salvage something and not receive a Glob of Ectoplasm, and sometimes, I will get 2 or 3 instead of 1. My gut feeling tells me I get extras more often than I get 0, so on average, I would say I salvage a minimum of 1 per salvage on average.

Despite comments I’ve seen regarding a possible change in the salvaging of items to Ectos reveived, my experience in these numbers has been very consistent over the last 3-4 weeks (the time I began these salvages). I’m not saying people haven’t had a run of bad luck, all I can attest to is my own experience above.

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: Niaru.1036

Niaru.1036

I did some salvaging of lvl68+ rare items and after several ones using the master kit it seems that the first few times give the best results and that the outcome deminishes faster after that.
A dozen a day is what I would go about now since after that the chances are worce than 50/50.
Also salvaging different items seems to help – if you salvage the same item the chances seem to drop rapidly.

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Keep in mind master kits give a 25% chance to get an ecto, and BL kits give a 50% chance. It’s possible, but not likely, to get nothing 25 times.

However, given the price of rares and the continually dropping price of ectos, if that happened to me I’d just buy the ectos.

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Nepocrates.3642

Thanks for the tips

Glob of Ectoplasm??

in Crafting

Posted by: ItGamer.1742

ItGamer.1742

This is a little mathematical brain tickler. Haha this what I do when I get a really rare item 70+. Look at the price of the ecto look at the price of the item. I have hootenannies drops 50+ silver which I sell automatically due to you can only get a max of 3 ectos per rare item and the average price of a ecto ranges between 13-14ish silver 3x 14.5 (max I have seen)= 43.5silver giving you a 6.5 silver profit now that you have 6.5 profit imagin that as a discount. Assuming you did not get this rare item by osmosis you were grinning/questing sell your junk and get your self another ecto.. 4 ecto for the price of half of one ? Seems like a decent method.

Other then that, that is some horrible luck! I have master salvage kit about 10 70+ rare items and all but 4 gave me ecto. You all should check out the mystic salvage kit it has the same as the black lion salvage and it gives you 100 of them.

Level 80 – Sexy Norn Thief
Level 400 – Jewler – Huntsman – Leatherworker
Turning a 2 gold production into a 5 gold profit FTW baby!