Globs of Dark Matter

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Is there any other way of getting these without RNG Wars salvaging high lvl exotics?

My luck must suck because 10+ exotics and still no globs of dark matter….

gg.

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The better the salvage kit, the better the rewards. BLTC kits only if you want Dark Matter.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Reconsider needing the ascended if you don’t get the exotics to salvage through dungeon tokens or account bound exotics in fractal drops that can give you the Dark Matter.

As to answer your question – nope, but as above use a BLSK.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Reconsider needing the ascended if you don’t get the exotics to salvage through…

Using Black Lion kits I’ve gotten all the Dark Matter I’ve needed just by salvaging the exotics I created to level my crafts to 500. YMMV.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: zaybug.9284

zaybug.9284

Look for specific Runes / Sigils that sell for 2-11 gold. You will find that the exotics that have these sell for near the same price or sometimes less.

Buy the exotics that have sellable Sigil’s / Runes and salvage them with BLSK. Place a buy offer for 15% less than you plan to sell the rune / sigil for and you will get all the globs of dark matter you need for the price of one kit use.

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: DarkSpirit.7046

DarkSpirit.7046

Use this:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/88517-sharing-my-way-of-obtaining-ectos/

Basically, I buy cheap exotics from the TP and salvage them with BLSK. You may be surprised that many people actually sell their exotics at a lower price than the price of the upgrade they contain. Because of the high price of gems, buying BLSK with gold, for this purpose, is generally not worth it anymore. However, you can buy the gems with money and use your bought BLSK this way or you can use any of your free BLSK of course.

You can write an app that does this and I have developed such an app which I frequently rely upon for my ecto supply for almost a year now. This is allowed because you can always use gw2spidy and ArenaNet official api to do that.

You can gain a small profit selling the valuable upgrade after salvaging the cheap exotic. Whatever ectos, dark matter, or crafting materials you gain through the salvage are icing on the cake.

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

You could also level an alt by completing areas – those give you BLSKs often enough. Will also net you money from killing stuff and completing hearts.

Polka will never die

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Note: I got more GoDM with the mystic salvage kit (50 exotic salvaged = 48 GoDM) than with the BLSK (50 exotic salvaged = 38 GoDM).

I also got more ectos :P

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

Note: I got more GoDM with the mystic salvage kit (50 exotic salvaged = 48 GoDM) than with the BLSK (50 exotic salvaged = 38 GoDM).

I also got more ectos :P

According to published results, BLSK is suppose to have a higher chance of ectos than mystic salvage kit.

GoDM however, may be independent of the salvage kit.

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Use this:

Basically, I buy cheap exotics from the TP and salvage them with BLSK. You may be surprised that many people actually sell their exotics at a lower price than the price of the upgrade they contain. Because of the high price of gems, buying BLSK with gold, for this purpose, is generally not worth it anymore. However, you can buy the gems with money and use your bought BLSK this way or you can use any of your free BLSK of course.

You can write an app that does this and I have developed such an app which I frequently rely upon for my ecto supply for almost a year now. This is allowed because you can always use gw2spidy and ArenaNet official api to do that.

You can gain a small profit selling the valuable upgrade after salvaging the cheap exotic. Whatever ectos, dark matter, or crafting materials you gain through the salvage are icing on the cake.

See folks, people like this, writing “apps”, in other words using a computer program to do the work for you, are the ones that completely ruined the TP for you. The same apps automate buy offers, even remotely. Some parts of the market are off limits because of guys like this; if they aren’t automating their buying behavior, their app is alerting them the moment they’re outbid so that they can change it. Yea, it’s cheating, straight up.

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Scanning the tp for the player gives an advantage over another player not using an app and seems like it’s in violation of the 1 click 1 action rule as well. They don’t seem to care though so : /

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

Use this:

See folks, people like this, writing “apps”, in other words using a computer program to do the work for you, are the ones that completely ruined the TP for you. The same apps automate buy offers, even remotely. Some parts of the market are off limits because of guys like this; if they aren’t automating their buying behavior, their app is alerting them the moment they’re outbid so that they can change it. Yea, it’s cheating, straight up.

Then you should tell gw2spidy owner not to release his API to the public or even close his website since apps can still be written, even without an api, to scrap data off a website.

Also tell ArenaNet not to release their official API. That way, no one would be able to write such an app to analyze the market. Currently, gw2spidy and ArenaNet are both ENCOURAGING people to use their apis as they have provided documentations and many examples to do so.

https://github.com/rubensayshi/gw2spidy/wiki/API-v0.9
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API

Good luck.

(edited by DarkSpirit.7046)

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

apps can be legal. it’s all in what they do.
sure, it’s possible to write an app that will make buy orders for you. I’d consider that against the rules (as 1 click = 10,000 buy orders)
however, an app could just give you a list of items, how much they currently cost, what you can get out of them by salvaging, how much the salvaged material would sell for, then order it by (sell-cost). it’s just giving you information. so 1 click = 0 actions. later, you place buy orders yourself.
here’s an example of a similar list: http://www.gw2spidy.com/crafting/3

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

I use almost exclusively BLSK to get DM, and I don’t remeber not to get at least one DM per exotic salvaged. BUT I don’t do it per batches. I salvaged mostly pieces I did myself when training gm crafts, and drops. I believe ANet has some kind of unpleasant mechanism which nerfs droprate if you do things too often.

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

DarkSpirit.7046

If I take into account the worth of the inscription/insignia from the salvage, I can earn about 1g 8s per salvage after TP taxes and the cost of the BLSK salvage itself, also not counting any of the ectos, dark matter, or crafting material that I may earn.

This means because of the inscription/insignia, I can now buy BLSK with gold and still make a good profit from it, even if I am unlucky and get zero ectos from the salvage!

Globs of Dark Matter

in Crafting

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Dont do what i did: tried the Salvage-o-matic on 8 dungeon exotics….no dark matters. Story of my life. Now i have to blow gold onto a pay-to-win specific kit.

(I only have that kit because someone gave me a gem card for christmas)

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension