Gossamer as a 400 tailor

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: haemophage.4325

haemophage.4325

I’ve been a 400 tailor for a while now and have found no reliable source of gossamer. Metal crafting profs can easily go and mine orichalcum at top tier but i am smashing every cloth item and opening the bags and have found around 6-8 scraps in lots of hours of play. Am i missing something or is gossamer unfairly rare? Any help would be appreciated. It’s quite frustrating knowing you can mine high lvl mats for other tiers but tailoring seems to be unnecessarily hard to get mats for.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Just salvage basic quality light armors from farming Orr. It got me well over 100 gossamer. By the way it’s far more cost effective to buy extra bag slots than it is to use major runes of holding. Try using linen bags at the most. Trying for mystic clovers also has a chance to drop gossamer bolts. I usually go by 10s (has a much better clover rate since I got 10 clovers 3 times in a row and on the fourth try I got 20 crystals) but when I did the philosopher stone ingredient I got bolts of gossamer so I can confirm at least 1 ecto, 6 philosopher stones, 1 mystic coin, and 1 obsidian shard has a chance at it.

(edited by Agemnon.4608)

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: DenverRalphy.4185

DenverRalphy.4185

I always have a lot more Gossamer than Orichalcum. Dunno where you get the impression metal professions can “easily go and mine orichalcum”, since the nodes are really sparse and have a really long respawn.

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

I always have a lot more Gossamer than Orichalcum. Dunno where you get the impression metal professions can “easily go and mine orichalcum”, since the nodes are really sparse and have a really long respawn.

For myself, I’ve gotten a lot more Orichalcum than Gossamer. Probably because I salvage all armors so I get Orichalcum from both nodes and salvaging.

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I don’t see a reason for Gossamer (and all other fabrics) to not be something you gather like everything else. It’s the only White crafting material you cannot gather. Apparently Tyria forgot how to grow fabric materials and have been forced in to just recycling what they’ve got.

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: forever.6908

forever.6908

I don’t see a reason for Gossamer (and all other fabrics) to not be something you gather like everything else. It’s the only White crafting material you cannot gather. Apparently Tyria forgot how to grow fabric materials and have been forced in to just recycling what they’ve got.

You forgot hardened leather section, which cannot be gathered either, although it’s cheap at TP. The four basic crafting materials, 2 of them (ore and wood logs) can be gathered from nodes as well as salvage and loot, the other 2 (cloth scrap and leather section) can only be salvaged or got from loot.

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

You forgot hardened leather section, which cannot be gathered either, although it’s cheap at TP. The four basic crafting materials, 2 of them (ore and wood logs) can be gathered from nodes as well as salvage and loot, the other 2 (cloth scrap and leather section) can only be salvaged or got from loot.

Very true – HOWEVER – every piece of lvl 80 exotic crafted armor – EVERY single piece – takes at a minimum 10 scraps of Gossamer for the inscription… doesn’t matter if it is light, medium or heavy. Not every piece of armor takes leather – only medium armor.

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Yeah well, I got so desperate for gossamer that I took a gamble and made some in the forge- it got me 28 scraps for about 20 silver since I already had most of the ingredients. It gave me 13 bolts- I think.
If I feel lucky I will do it again since I have gotten 0 from salvage.
Ecto’s yes, gossamer not at all.
You need 30 bolts just for the insignia’s on exotic armor, not counting the armor pieces itself.

Gunnar’s Hold

Gossamer as a 400 tailor

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

forever.6908, eh, I considered the leathers as fabrics too.