Gossamer farming?

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pridedemon.3041

Pridedemon.3041

Ok so we have got weapon making crafts had their cap moved to 500 to be able to make ascended weapons. That brought lots of changes to economy, an ancient wood log which used to sell before for 4 silver is now selling for 30s each and they are the main bottleneck for the astounding amount of exotics everyone needs to craft in order to get to 500 in every 3 of weapon crafting professions. Orichalcum also went up in price but the jump wasn’t as much as ancient wood log. Now here is the thing, if you have many 80 lvl characters then you can mine/log mats yourself, there are websites that help you locate nodes and in a week I was finally able to get to 500 and get my ascended claymore.

Now Anet has made it clear that there will be another update that will also allow us to make ascended armor which means Armorsmithing/Leatherworking/Tailoring being also getting a 500 skill cap and if we have learned anything from the recent update we will need to make 25-30 exotics to get from 400-500. Seeing as we are almost to the final quarter of year that update isn’t looking much far away.

It is safe to assume that the new bottleneck will be Gossamer and it will be far worse then wood as it is needed to craft insignias, it is also needed for armor parts in all 3 crafts while tailors need a lot more of those. But here is the thingy, there is no sure way to farm gossamer, there are no nodes for them, no enemy drops them, the only way you got is to salvage lvl 70-80 cloth armor or get them from various bags rarely. The price of gossamer has already gone up and I won’t be surprised if it reaches a lot worse then ancient wood log.

Does anyone know a good way to farm these that isn’t rng dependent? I am planning to get 8-10 stacks of scrap before that update is announced

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Nope. Guess why everyone bought tons and tons of silk scraps already?

MF recipe…

One – Piken Square

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Getting cloth is the worst part for tailoring/crafting compared to any others by miles & then some.
Never once heard of a good drop, just random chance via bags, so good luck, we`ll need it.

P.S. We`re screwed, heavy armour classes are already able to make the bars they`ll require for their gear, we`ll have to play catch up, especially as I bet it`ll all be time gated crap :$

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Pridedemon.3041

MF recipe…

Silk scrap isn’t much better, I tried twice and the result was 13 and 19 gossamer scraps….

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

MF recipe…

Silk scrap isn’t much better, I tried twice and the result was 13 and 19 gossamer scraps….

Yeah I’m not going to tell you how to make money, if you can’t yet figure it out from what I just told you

One – Piken Square

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Pridedemon.3041

Lets do the math shall we?
Silk to gossamer conversion: (all prices are current tp prices buyout)
250 silk = 22s 50c
1 gossamer = 4 silver
5 philosopher stone = 0 (not counting skill points)
5 crystalline dust = 70s
Total = 96s 50c

The result I got in my couple attempts was:
13 gossamer scraps = 52s approx.
19 gossamer scraps = 75s approx.
which both is a net loss, not to mention the money I will lose in TP if I list them for sale, you will only gain realistically if you get 30 scraps+ each attempt, anything lower is either breaking even or a loss, its called a mystic toilet for a reason. Anything you putting in there is gamble but then again you can get a precursor on your first attempt or burn through 300g+ and never get anything good.

Yes it is true the recipe will be beneficial if you buy silk now and turn them into gossamer after the update goes live but then again why waste your bank space with stacks and stacks of silk when you can directly buy gossamer for cheaper or same price?

Please enlighten me if I have missed anything

(edited by Pridedemon.3041)

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Tom Gore.4035

The difference is that there is practically an unlimited amount of silk scraps for 8c on the TP, whereas if you start stocking gossamer the price climbs up rapidly.

Second, if you want to use the recipe, you generally use bolts, not scraps, to cut down the cost of dust per forging.

Average amount of T6 mat you get from the forge is 17, btw.

If you can get a ton of gossamer at 4s right now, go ahead and buy it. The price will go up, there is no doubt.

One – Piken Square

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

…the only way you got is to salvage lvl 70-80 cloth armor or get them from various bags rarely…

This just goes to show how well Anet listens, junk loot becomes desireable when people complain about having mountains of it.

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I guess certain aspects of the old loot system have survived from the looks of it.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

once I got a bunch of gossamer scraps from area completion, but once again, that’s rng, sad days

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: muni.4830

muni.4830

Perhaps this is the “disequilibrium” of the economy they talked about?

How do you explain to a new player in Queensdale running around after champions that when he/she gets to 80 they’re going to be doing exactly the same on Cursed Shore to get Gossamer to make Ascended armour?

Grind mechanism for the Far East market perhaps?

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Maybe Anet will introduce some type of farming before ascended armor comes out just like they did this time. And, maybe, that farming will involve lots of heavy bags with a change in the drop rates for stuff like Gossamer.

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

Maybe Anet will introduce some type of farming before ascended armor comes out just like they did this time. And, maybe, that farming will involve lots of heavy bags with a change in the drop rates for stuff like Gossamer.

champion bags already drop gossamer…

I don’t know why everyone is concerned over gossamer – prices are not going to be like ancient wood for many reasons, but will probably be similar to current prices of orichalcum. Tailors should probably stock up now if you are concerned and must have Ascended asap – LW/AS should have plenty for leveling to 500 if you play semi regularly and salvage drops (for luck.)

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

I don’t know why everyone is concerned over gossamer – prices are not going to be like ancient wood for many reasons, but will probably be similar to current prices of orichalcum. Tailors should probably stock up now if you are concerned and must have Ascended asap – LW/AS should have plenty for leveling to 500 if you play semi regularly and salvage drops (for luck.)

The point was that it is one of a few items that you can’t just go out and farm because there are no nodes. The only place to really get them is in bags with a “Heavy” prefix and the drop rates on those were nerfed pretty hard. So, it’s not like you can really go out and farm them easily. Hence the reason I am saying that maybe Anet will change the drop rate so the material becomes more common before ascended armor is released.

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

The point was that it is one of a few items that you can’t just go out and farm because there are no nodes. The only place to really get them is in bags with a “Heavy” prefix and the drop rates on those were nerfed pretty hard. So, it’s not like you can really go out and farm them easily. Hence the reason I am saying that maybe Anet will change the drop rate so the material becomes more common before ascended armor is released.

possibly, but gossamer isn’t used nearly as much as orichalcum…neither is leather which is also only from bags and salvaging (but demanded by even less items than cloth, of course.) They very well might analyze how much Gossamer/silk/dust is in the system and adjust accordingly, but I personally don’t feel there is a need for any adjustment at all.

(edited by azurrei.5691)

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: AzureHeaven.4259

AzureHeaven.4259

Come now it doesn’t seem like its going to be so terrible, assuming you refine mats to get to 425 and do the ecto/obsidian refinement between 450-475, we’re only looking at needing to craft around 15 exotics. Or if you wish to power through with exotics maybe 25 max. Max bolts per exotic would be 7, so most you’re looking at is 175 bolts or 350 scraps. That’s 14g worth of gossamer at market price of 4s each. Compare that with 525 ancient logs that go for 10s each, i don’t see much to complain about. TLDR: buy 2 stacks of gossamer scraps before armor patch gets announced and you’re pretty much set.

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s not a leap of faith to understand why gossamer is probably going to be the MOST expensive material when ascended armor is released.

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

Im sure anet will add a way to keep prices in check.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

They want to keep prices in check but I think 4s for a t6 mat is still too cheap. They won’t let it get absurd like 20s per gossamer but I think they’d be satisfied if the market forced it up to 12s.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Gossamer farming?

in Crafting

Posted by: rjnemer.7816

rjnemer.7816

They want to keep prices in check but I think 4s for a t6 mat is still too cheap. They won’t let it get absurd like 20s per gossamer but I think they’d be satisfied if the market forced it up to 12s.

I agree. They have been pretty adamant lately about how exotic is to easy to get.

“If you want to get rid of “zerk” you have to make content
hard enough to make them cry, not just rivers but oceans."