Gossamer to Silk conversion

in Crafting

Posted by: tevoro.1587

tevoro.1587

So with silk prices still high and gossamer prices being close to the lowest they’ve ever been can we have a way to revert gossamer back to silk? Like you can do with Mist Essence? I have 250 bolts of gossamer and scraps of gossamer and don’t really want to sell them because its so worthless and there isn’t really anything else I can do with it except waste T6 mats and craft armor which doesn’t sell well either.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

If you could downgrade any crafting mat it would greatly effect the entire market.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

tevoro.1587

And…? Anet has done things in the past that have “greatly effected the entire market”. So its clearly within their wheelhouse to do it again. I don’t think its that extreme of a request to want to exchange mats that I’m not going to use for mats of the same type that I will use.

in Crafting

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

sell gossamer and buy silk then mate problem solved

in Crafting

tevoro.1587

Thats great, if gossamer sold for much of anything. sell price bolt of Gossamer: 98c, buy price silk scrap: 2.35s. In case you didn’t catch that, I went with the highest price for gossamer and the lowest price for silk. So for a full stack of Gossamer…I’d get about 100 silk scraps which turns into 33 bolts of silk.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

Man, they will never change it, cos this will ruin whole market. Also if they make it for gossamer they will need to change this for whole thing, then cotton etc will drop at price and according to that damask, which is one of best profitable things in this game – and no1 will give a… about ascended rarity cos u will be able to make this for a very low price( atm worst thing is gathering damask) and that is something that can’t happen according to anets words.

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

in Crafting

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Oh it’ll happen alright. I’d say a month or two before a new item tier is introduced that requires thousands of Gossamer. See Silk, Bazaar lootboxes and ascended gear.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Crafting

tevoro.1587

Kasteros, let me make sure I understand you, being able to go from a common material lets just say jute to another tier lets say wool would ruin the market? Making damask and ascended armor not worth the grind or seem as rare? The only other way I can interpret your statement is that you already know about being able to go from kitten etc, but you think that some of the mats are so widely available that everything would become common if you could convert backwards. Either way, I don’t think it would effect it so dramatically as you and Ulion seem to think.
Cafard, you’re referencing the legendary armor that will require 10k Gossamer to make right? /sarcasm.
Now if only I could get someone from Anet to acknowledge this as quickly as all of you…