Here's the thing about "getting" a legendary, give or take 3 years.

in Crafting

Posted by: LoneWolfie.1852

LoneWolfie.1852

1) Have you gotten all your exotic equipment?
2) Do you have alt characters leveled up to lvl 80?
3) Then people, start gathering, large bones, ancient bones, orichalcum ore, mithril ore, elder wood log and ancient wood log.

Here’s the thing people are missing out. 3 years * 365 days = 1095 tries. If you farm for 1 hour every day in cursed shore, you will get at least enough to produce 4 Carrion Krait Slayers.

Step 1.

15 Large bones, 18 mithril ore, 6 elder wood logs to produce 1 Krait slayer. You can get this by getting the loot.

Step 2.

Sell blue/greens, buy the above mats to produce 3 krait slayers.

Step 3.

Throw 4 rares into forge.

Step 4.

Gather 42 orichalcum ores, 30 wood logs, 5 ectos (salvage rares), 5 ancient bones, and make an exotic every 2-3 days. You get 300 exotics in 3 years, 1000 rares in 3 years.

Step 5.

Hope ANet adjusts the RNG slightly and you can “get” your legendary (FINALLY!).

Some people here keeps thinking that only skilled people should get it, and whine about how others get it in a month (oh come on, legendary should be gotten after 2-3 years). I say Luck, Determination and Skill should be the route to getting a legendary. Stop complaining and whining about how RNG is screwing you up when the game just started (also ANet is already looking into this). It’s not as if getting an EXOTIC equipment is very hard and legendary should be an optional thing.

in Crafting

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

How about just make a system to get them that doesn’t rely on RNG that is actually fun for more than 1% of the games population? Problem solved.

in Crafting

LoneWolfie.1852

How about just make a system to get them that doesn’t rely on RNG that is actually fun for more than 1% of the games population? Problem solved.

How about no.

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

Not sure why you think grinding the same spot over and over again day in and day out for materials to throw into a magic blender hoping it shoots out a precursor is legendary.

in Crafting

LoneWolfie.1852

Not sure why you think grinding the same spot over and over again day in and day out for materials to throw into a magic blender hoping it shoots out a precursor is legendary.

Then again, some people actually like fun in their games. Others play korean mmos.

I’m pretty sure the game will add more content in the future. You don’t expect legendary weapons to pop out in a single month.

I have already stated many times that a legendary to me is something that can only be gotten by luck, skill and determination. It is something that cannot be gotten either by one component.

(edited by LoneWolfie.1852)

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

You’re not even worth talking to. I’m a huge fan of this game too but I can see faults where they lay.

When something can be made better, why not work towards that end instead of closing your eyes and plugging your ears and screaming it’s fine how it is now.

And that process for getting a precursor weapon can definitely be made better.

in Crafting

Posted by: binidj.5734

binidj.5734

Wow LoneWolfie you make that sound like such a legendary undertaking. Truly by digging in the dirt, chopping down trees, and then gambling with the proceeds I will prove my status as one of Tyria’s greatest heroes.

While I don’t mind grinding for things, bringing an RNG into the equation makes any process much less appealing. Give me a target and I’ll strive to achieve it, tell me to go play roulette once a week in the hopes of making it big someday and I’ll tell you to shove it.

Glad to be [Grey] – http://thegrey.enjin.com/home
Piken Square

in Crafting

LoneWolfie.1852

Sure the process can be through events rewarding mats leading to throwing in the mystic fountain. I’m not about to go any other way other than this method, because other people have thrown in their money in that well. Suck it up.

in Crafting

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

If there was a rolling eyes emoticon on this board I’d be using it.

Yes, devote the next three years to repeating the same grind-task every day. Such devotion is obvious testimony to the measure of genius instilled in this game.

Actually, your post may be sarcastic, but I honestly can’t tell anymore. There are too many players that don’t “get it,” and there’s no helping them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Loxias.2375

Loxias.2375

I think the “Epic Weapons” system in Everquest was a much better method myself. Each class had a long string of quests, combines and crafting, and instead of combining junk in the forge, the RNG was getting to your camps to get the rare spawn drops first. If nothing else, there are tons of Champions and stuff in the game that could have a special item, or just killing them could be required, like hunting down a string of tough, rare mobs.

It seems like quite a bit of this game is, “Combine in Forge and cross fingers.”

in Crafting

Posted by: Jalie.1356

Jalie.1356

Or you could sell all those mats and it would net you 1500 gold.

Not to mention that your numbers are all wrong, the actual mats required for one Carrion Krait Slayer are 15 Large Bones, 24 Mithril Ore, 12 Elder Wood Logs.

Buying on the TP looks quite a bit more appealing now, doesn’t it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Revshift.2394

Revshift.2394

I like this idea!
I want to incorporate this into everything!

I should tell my employees that, if they are feeling like their jobs are not “epic" enough, that we can go to a legendary paycheck system.

Every employee gets to pick a number 1-5. Then come payday, I will roll a dice to see whether or not they will get paid for that pay period.

BAM! Now when you finally do get paid it feels LEGENDARY!

in Crafting

Posted by: Revshift.2394

Revshift.2394

^

Yes! Guild Wars 2 is a job! Brilliant!

^ Totally misses the point in time = value = reward

And how can you not agree that the RNG makes things legendary! Only when it’s applied to a different scenario does it not work?
NONSENSE !

I demand that Arenanet makes it so when you log in to play the game you have to roll a random number, (I’ll be generous and say 1 – 5) and if you don’t hit that number you are locked out of the game for a day.

BAM! All of a sudden the game feels legendary when you get to play it!
You see, it does apply to everything!

in Crafting

Posted by: sidneijr.7051

sidneijr.7051

I like this idea!
I want to incorporate this into everything!
I should tell my employees that, if they are feeling like their jobs are not “epic" enough, that we can go to a legendary paycheck system.
Every employee gets to pick a number 1-5. Then come payday, I will roll a dice to see whether or not they will get paid for that pay period.
BAM! Now when you finally do get paid it feels LEGENDARY!

Awesome reply!
Legendary is not a journey to achieve something…. you feel more like you’re shooting into the sky with the hope that you hit a star.

in Crafting

Posted by: Reclusiarh.2674

Reclusiarh.2674

Well if someone would be able to single handed slay a dragon, that would be a legendary feat, enough to entitle him/her for a legendary weapon loot. grinding mats is no feat at all, it’s just boring manual labor.

Guild wars should be war between orders, because orders are guilds too.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

^

Yes! Guild Wars 2 is a job! Brilliant!

^ Totally misses the point in time = value = reward

And how can you not agree that the RNG makes things legendary! Only when it’s applied to a different scenario does it not work?
NONSENSE !

I demand that Arenanet makes it so when you log in to play the game you have to roll a random number, (I’ll be generous and say 1 – 5) and if you don’t hit that number you are locked out of the game for a day.

BAM! All of a sudden the game feels legendary when you get to play it!
You see, it does apply to everything!

I love this logic, it’s simple and effective and it sums up just about everything wrong with RNG reliance

Irony…. xD

in Crafting

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Items should be legendary because you used them in some legendary undertaking (thus becoming legendary yourself). Like, for example, beating Chuck Norris in a potato peeling contest. Thereafter, the potato peeling device you used would be viewed with awe by potato peeling contest fans the world over and might even be displayed someday in some museum as the Legendary Potato Peeling Device of You.

Not because you crafted your potato peeling device from chicken lips and iron ore soaked in 100 gallons of ear wax extracted at midnight from blind, ur-flea infested monkey spiders that have been taught to dance the macarena while eating tater tots.

Then again…

The table is a fable.

in Crafting

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

I don’t get why people like this think they need a legendary asap. If there wasnt rng then legendaries would be easily obtainable making them less legendary

in Crafting

Hellkaiser.6025

Items should be legendary because you used them in some legendary undertaking (thus becoming legendary yourself). Like, for example, beating Chuck Norris in a potato peeling contest. Thereafter, the potato peeling device you used would be viewed with awe by potato peeling contest fans the world over and might even be displayed someday in some museum as the Legendary Potato Peeling Device of You.

Not because you crafted your potato peeling device from chicken lips and iron ore soaked in 100 gallons of ear wax extracted at midnight from blind, ur-flea infested monkey spiders that have been taught to dance the macarena while eating tater tots.

Then again…

Those monkey spiders sound pretty legendary to me, I can barely even remember how the macarena goes, so they’ve pretty good memories like.

Irony…. xD

in Crafting

Posted by: kojenks.9204

kojenks.9204

adding a legendary precursor into the game through RNG isn’t really intended to award them to those who want them. in fact, its more than ideal if the people who are lucky enough to get one are NOT the people throwing silly amounts of mats into the forge looking for them. the people who want them have to show mastery of the economy and redistribute some wealth if they want one.

a legitimate complaint would be if they were acquired through RNG and soulbound.

in Crafting

Hellkaiser.6025

adding a legendary precursor into the game through RNG isn’t really intended to award them to those who want them. in fact, its more than ideal if the people who are lucky enough to get one are NOT the people throwing silly amounts of mats into the forge looking for them. the people who want them have to show mastery of the economy and redistribute some wealth if they want one.

a legitimate complaint would be if they were acquired through RNG and soulbound.

So flipping items is mandatory in GW2 if you want a legendary?

I know a lot of players who would rather tell you where to stick the economy in it’s current state, let alone what they would consider “mastery” of it. But it wouldn’t be very polite or pleasant

Irony…. xD

in Crafting

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

If a legendary required 3 years of playing religiously, no one would care about them. That kind of grind would put Korean MMO’s to shame 3 times over. Not to mention that’s not a legendary feat, it’s a sign of sever mental problems.

in Crafting

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Those monkey spiders sound pretty legendary to me, I can barely even remember how the macarena goes, so they’ve pretty good memories like.

Oh, if you have an infinitely large room filled with an infinite number of spider monkeys and play the macarena on an infinite loop… they’ll figure it out eventually

in Crafting

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

If you do all the other parts first, the task of acquiring the precursor will seem much less daunting.

Couple thousand wvw kills.
500 dungeon tokens.
100% map complete.
Hit ~ 100 orichalcum nodes, ancient wood, etc
Do enough DEs for the karma

All that’s gonna get you such a big pile of cash and sellables…

in Crafting

Posted by: Suddenflame.2601

Suddenflame.2601

Here we go i think i have a plan that would make everyone happy and removes the RNG from it but would create a huge grind fest and bots would win it. To get a precursor weapon you have to max (literally max) the number of kills for that weapon type and then have max kills for a specific monster type (such as centaurs). Such as to get the Dusk precursor you have to Max kill Shadow Shelks and get max kills with Great Sword. And to get Dawn you need to max kill Hylek along with max with Weapon. There we have a extremely hard to get system that would make you legendary.

Ranger; Warrior; Mesmer; Elementalist; Guardian; Engineer
[GWAM] and [LUST]
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

This game has no raiding content i.e. end game PvE other then grinding. So A.Net had to make the way to get a Legendary through grinding. They did this for sure and I would say getting a Legendary in GW2 is definitely Legendary.

Do I agree that this is the only method to acquire it? Do I prefer this method? Nope.

Honestly I prefer the way it is in WoW. Sure there is some grind too but also it requires one to have some skills in order to complete the hard mode raiding.

In GW2 you do not need skill what so ever to get a Legendary. You just need determination and time.

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

in Crafting

Suddenflame.2601

ummm not true there Mog to get the 500 badges of Honor takes a lot of skill cause they drop a lot more from killing players then any other way. So you could take forever at it with no skill or less time with a lot of skill.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

in Crafting

Posted by: Guardian Of Tyria.6397

Guardian Of Tyria.6397

If you do all the other parts first, the task of acquiring the precursor will seem much less daunting.

Couple thousand wvw kills.
500 dungeon tokens.
100% map complete.
Hit ~ 100 orichalcum nodes, ancient wood, etc
Do enough DEs for the karma

All that’s gonna get you such a big pile of cash and sellables…

you forget that there are major gold sinks hidden in all that stuff, the easiest to see is the Icy Runestones of which you need 100 at 1g each.

I have almost 80% map completion, 260k karma, and picked up 180 acalonian tears last night, and have nearly 375 Badges of Honor…. and have 60g in my bank. I don’t buy items off the TP, I shop for deals why crafting, I mine tons of nodes, minimize waypoint use, try not to die….so I do all the stuff to save/conserve money and still am a LONG way off from the current prices of some of the precurors (not to mention that I would still have to front 100g for the Icy Runestones and would still need well over 250 ectos).

Doing just the things mentioned in your post will get you no where near enough gold to buy/randomly make a precursor.

Best advice for average people who want legendaries who didn’t take advantage of any of the early market tricks or game exploits would be to just play the game, work on the steps that don’t involve crafting or mystic forge first (map completion, dungeon tokens, Badges of Honor, saving the needed crafting material stacks), then work on the crafting gifts that you need, then get the Icy Runestones and Obsidian Shards…..then hopefully by the time you reach that point you have enough starter cash (after spending 100g on Icy Runestones) to be able to be close to buying a precursor you want or enough to start with the RNG of the mystic forge to craft/buy exotics (whichever is cheaper) and throw them in.

in Crafting

Mog.1589

ummm not true there Mog to get the 500 badges of Honor takes a lot of skill cause they drop a lot more from killing players then any other way. So you could take forever at it with no skill or less time with a lot of skill.

Getting a lot of badges does not take skill. Equip an AoE weapon and spam it on zergs. You will get a lot of tokens that way. Does not take skill at all.

in Crafting

Suddenflame.2601

Mog you only get those badges of honor if they die and your zerg doesnt get wiped out by their zerg so there is some skill involved. Also if your entire zerg has no skill and their zerg has skill guess what your not going to get any Badges of Honor cause you will be dead 99% of the time.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

in Crafting

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Legendaries should have had a huge personal quest line and extremely challenging bosses and a story of the legendary weapon kinda like how WoW does it, bar the challenging part of course. RNG is never good, nor is it fun when it is required for something.

ANet didn’t really get this part and just figured legendaries are purely for the grind, when really legendaries are supposed to be… wait for it…. legendary, so is the path to them.

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

in Crafting

Posted by: slazzy.7309

slazzy.7309

From my experience in these mmos, if I wait long enough, legendaries will become commonplace. There’s no need to go through whatever grind you guys are currently experiencing.

For all who played SWG, remember what it took to become a Jedi when the game first came out? That was changed to accommodate the casuals. Eventually you could select a Jedi from the start.

So, one player’s grind is another player’s item shop purchase. All you need is a little bit of patience to wait it out

in Crafting

Mog.1589

@Suddenflame (quote button is gone)

Dude you can get a crap ton of badges by standing on a keep wall and spamming AoE down on attackers while they throw themselves at your keep doors. I have done it many many times. I have even tested it out.

I gained far more badges per hour by using a AoE weapon and defending towers/keeps then by attacking a keep/tower. In fact you get more of everything by defending then attacking. Not to mention it is easier to defend a keep/tower then take one.

in Crafting

Suddenflame.2601

@Suddenflame (quote button is gone)

Dude you can get a crap ton of badges by standing on a keep wall and spamming AoE down on attackers while they throw themselves at your keep doors. I have done it many many times. I have even tested it out.

I gained far more badges per hour by using a AoE weapon and defending towers/keeps then by attacking a keep/tower. In fact you get more of everything by defending then attacking. Not to mention it is easier to defend a keep/tower then take one.

I am aware of that but your missing the point. The people throwing themselves at the keep have no skill. I fought a team in WvW that didnt even get close to the keep doors and just used catapults to destroy the doors. Your AOE trick fails hard against a competite team.

[GWAM] and [LUST]

in Crafting

Mog.1589

I am aware of that but your missing the point. The people throwing themselves at the keep have no skill. I fought a team in WvW that didnt even get close to the keep doors and just used catapults to destroy the doors. Your AOE trick fails hard against a competite team.

Quote button is back yay!

I am not missing the point. Yes you describe skillful play. I am in WvW guild. All we do is WvW. I know what skillful play is.

However if I want to just farm 500 badges of honor I look for a zerg attacking a keep and sit on the wall and AoE to farm badges. Its that simple. That takes no skill, just being smart and looking for the right combat situation to farm badges.

in Crafting

Suddenflame.2601

@Mog the smarter they get the less likely you will find a zerg attacking a keep that is in range of your spells

[GWAM] and [LUST]

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

I don’t get why people like this think they need a legendary asap. If there wasnt rng then legendaries would be easily obtainable making them less legendary

Where did I say I wanted one asap or easy? Reading comprehension – not everyone has it.

I just do not want to rely on RNG to get my precursor weapon. What is so hard to understand about that?

Where in that sentence does it say I want one now, and I want it handed to me on a silver platter? Please explain.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Crafting

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Well if you don’t need one now, you should have no problem working the RNG forever.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Crafting

fellyn.5083

Well if you don’t need one now, you should have no problem working the RNG forever.

Well my original post was deleted even though I edited it to be “meaningful”.

I’m curious to know what people consider a good time frame for getting a legendary. Because I have almost 400 hours in the game. I’ve rolled alts. I’ve done dungeons, I have full sets of dungeon armor. There isn’t a whole lot left for me to do in this game besides pvp.

So what is an acceptable time frame for getting one? 500 hours? 600? 1000? 2000? Please clue me in. I’m patient and willing to accept a grind to a certain extent, but there is a certain point of not seeing a return on my time investment where enough is enough. And I know a lot of other people feel that way too.

If it wasn’t an issue to a lot of people you wouldn’t see threads about it daily and Anet wouldn’t have posted on the subject specifically about the rising prices of precursors being a concern.

Also, often you’ll see people who say they are fine with the grind for legendary weapons how it is now, but when you ask them if they even know what all is involved in the process they say they don’t know.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Crafting

Posted by: Bohrium.5047

Bohrium.5047

i personally like how legendaries are so hard to get. i don’t think everyone should be able to get them. Even as a casual player i think its a a good thing it is taking people this long to get them. as supposedly the best weapons in the game they should be extremely hard to obtain and shouldn’t only take a month after the game is released to have tons of people getting them.

As an example (i know i bringing up the game everyone loves to hate) in vanilla WOW to get thunderfury (a legendary weapon) you had to go through the RNG drop rates of some of the mats from raid bosses that you could only do once a week plus a lot of other things so barely anyone had these and it took months for people to acquire them.

so i say leave the RNG in and just deal with it. not EVERYONE should be walking around with a legendary weapon IMO.

in Crafting

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I cared how people percieved my toon in GW, I don’t in GW2. Sure the legendaries are hard to get (for people with lives) but I don’t even get the ‘I must have them’ feeling that I got with Chaos Gloves etc. in GW1

I think it’s probably because legendaries are just one hoop too many to jump through for me. In GW I could slowly save up for what I wanted, in this game I need to sit, fetch, rollover, downboy too much.

(edited by Paul.4081)

in Crafting

Hellkaiser.6025

And thus they’ve crossed the line from “zomg it’s hard to get but I must haz it” to
“omg… I’m not totally batpoop crazy and have much more interesting things to do with my time as opposed to grinding for months on an RNG fail”

It was the same as miltonius’ secret area in Adventure quest worlds, and Dage the Evils, they both offered up some hardcore grinding and hard to get items which in a game that was designed for all ages seemed pretty insane by comparison, only the latter was so lazily and heavily reliant on RNG it was nowhere NEAR as appealing and many burnt out and walked away from it seeing that it had gone from “solid reward to dedicated” to “Glorified Daily quest lottery”

The former was incredible! you’d work for days to get a sexy new skin that looked very unique and evil-esque, fiends and void creature armors that made you look inhuman and powerful, to then just “moar black and skullz plz…k I done where paycheck” that you’d have to cross your fingers once per day and suffer continual disappointment, that’s not to say the first didn’t have tough rng requirements, but you could farm your way past them and have fun doing it and it didn’t get boring as fast.

A bit of an odd piece of anecdotal insight, but ultimately people LIKE when you can work towards a goal with rewards along the way, as opposed to just “hey spin the wheel again kid, we know you love this korean-esque rubbish and will keep pushing the gamble button”

That’s not even taking into account that they force you to participate in everything such as pvp which you may have NO INTEREST IN, again this occurred in AQW too though not to this extent as it was optional, this offers you a crappy option of

if want legendary = yes, then wpvp = mandatory
if want wpvp participation = no then legendary = non obtainable item

Irony…. xD

in Crafting

Posted by: Veldan.4637

Veldan.4637

Why does everyone feel like they should be able to get a legendary? There are lots of nice skins in this game, racials, dungeon rewards, vigil / priory / whisper weapons, and even some regular exotics look great. What’s the problem in playing without a legendary? The loss of bragging rights?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

@Veldan….i guess so eh. Thats what it seems,

Why the heck is the reply button gone along with all the other buttons?

@SuddenFlame….you seem to be forgetting how you can get badges of honor by doing the jumping puzzles in Borderlands maps and Eternal Bttlgrounds…just by doing those 4, i got like close to 50 badges?….they can be done quickly once you know how to do them…so 500 badges doesnt seem extremely difficult in comparison to getting a precursor or grinding for all the other mats.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

Forgot to mention you can get badges for mapping the 4 WvW maps…close to another 50. If they are account bound (i forget whether they are or not), map them on multiple chars = more badges = less killing in WvW….

in Crafting

Hellkaiser.6025

Why does everyone feel like they should be able to get a legendary? There are lots of nice skins in this game, racials, dungeon rewards, vigil / priory / whisper weapons, and even some regular exotics look great. What’s the problem in playing without a legendary? The loss of bragging rights?

I honestly think it’s just a lack of a solid alternative long term goal for many, that’s not to say they can’t have other long term goals if they set their mind to it, but for many an RPG is a game where you try and get the “greatest trousers of all” to use a phrase some may recognize, even if it’s just aesthetic is that’s hard to get factor that makes it worth bothering, however… when said aesthetic is obtained in a way that is counter intuitive, boring and outright nonsensical with it’s RNG factors. Then you run the risk that some will gain advantages via say exploits and thus they begin to cash in on the nonsensical design of the journey to a legendary weapon, at the expense of others.

Don’t get me wrong here, I don’t think EVERYONE should get a legendary right away without trying hard, I’m not going to side with those that claim they’re entitled to one, but the fact is they force you to participate even passively in wpvp, which is already a problem with queues etc, and also are subjected to the horrid RNG mechanic that plagues too many games and doesn’t offer FUN, just random nuisance.

RNG should always be used sparingly, the more times it exists in long term goals, the more people loathe it and feel that their work is a huge time and money sink that will offer them a stupid skin that many will more resent you for and question your sanity than think “that guys legendary” lol

To add though, I’m personally NOT trying for a legendary, not a friggin hope in heck will I spend ANYWHERE NEAR that amount of time and effort on an aesthetic skin.
However a lot of players feel like they’re being punished because they would put in the effort, only the RNG hammers them every step of the way, as do their fellow players with precursor prices being totally unfeasable

Irony…. xD

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

Then again…

That’s actually a genious idea! o.O

Your exotic weapon should have it’s own xp bar and achievement system. As you slay monsters with it the xp bar grows but you also need to fill up it’s achievement list by using it to slay unique monsters around the world (Shatterer, Tequatil, dungeon bosses etc.) and once you do all that your mighty weapon that has been your companion for so long through thick and thin gains the precursor status which gives you the option to turn it into a true Legendary weapon.

Make it happen Anet!

in Crafting

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

May I just add to this what I’ve said in many other threads. The average production cost of 1 precursor (rage weapon) is over 300 gold. OVER. 300. GOLD. If you want proof, go youtube some of the attempts. Now, let’s for a second overlook this obscenely ridiculous (but accurate) statistic.

So why 300g? This is not because if you spend 300 gold, you WILL get it. No, spending more and more gold doesn’t guarantee you anything, because the rate of precursors, even with 4 lvl 80 exotic weapons being combined, is way less than 1%. In fact, it’s very likely less than .1%.

So OP, you’re not understanding something here. How come 1 person gets to get this precursor on the 1st try of 4 lvl76 rares, spending 50 silver total. While another person gets to spend over 500 gold and gets nothing to show for it (i.e. total loss)? Where’s the justice in this? Where is the justice you speak of when you say it should be not only luck, but also skill and determination? What part of 500g+ versus 50s is skill or determination to you? Does the 500g+ not equal about 1000x more determination/skill?

(edited by Slic.2406)

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

Ye, what the guy above me said. When a person can get a legendary 3 years faster than the next guy who plays the game at the same speed, that’s when you start thinking there might be too much luck involved.

I mean WAAAAAAY too much.

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

A lot of things in life involve LUCK which is the real world equivalent of RNG. Everybody works hard to be rich but not everybody will be rich. The point being life isn’t really fair. Someone will get their dusk or precursor after 50 attempts and some will get it never that’s how life is. Just like millions will buy the powerball and only one will win, is not fair but that’s just life. Same with tens of equally qualified ppl will apply for job but only one will get it and it is usually for reason beyond skill aka luck.

Making the precursor Weapons RNG, significant cuts the amount of people getting it and therefore making it legendary. Even in the real world alot of things we use today is the result of luck, it just happened by accident.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.