How Do You Forget a Craft?

in Crafting

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

For some reason my artificer thinks she’s also a cook, so the discovery panel is full of everything from apples to zucchini, which don’t really make satisfactory orbs or sceptres.

How do I get rid of the second crafting ability?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

Food items are often used for potions, which Artificers do make. As far as I know, anything in the discovery panel can be used in some way for some recipe at some level, based on the crafting station you are at.

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Yasocim.4326

Yasocim.4326

silly question, but are you standing at the cook station or the artificer station?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

Hint try buying some jugs of water from a Master Artificer

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

in Crafting

Posted by: Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Daysy of Ascalon.1974

Okay so just another irritating thing I have to live with Thanks for the answers and yes, it’s at the artificing table. My chef also has an unwanted second craft (the crafting masters in Ebonhawke fortress seem to be broken) and I was hoping to find a way to get rid of that too.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rehero.7821

Rehero.7821

Why is it irritating and why would you need to get rid of a second craft?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

The crafting tables will only show you ingredients in the discovery tab that can be used to discover a recipe for that craft that you haven’t discovered yet. There’s no need to forget the other craft, just don’t go to the crafting tables for that discipline.

If you can’t figure out the recipe, go to guildhead.com, search on the ingredient, then sort by discipline and see what can be made from it.

Spinach for example is an ingredient in potions of Nightmare Court slaying:
http://www.guildhead.com/item/12241/spinach-leafplleaves#ingredient-for;sort:discipline,id

(you have to copy & paste the link, the forum code doesn’t like it)
Potions generally take water and dust. If you put those two ingredients in your recipe discovery at an artificer table, only the other items used for potions will highlight.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams