in Crafting

Posted by: Sharingandid.1540

Sharingandid.1540

But that doesn’t tell me how much to get to 80

How much gold to craft a level 11 to level 80

in Crafting

Posted by: xanthic.9478

xanthic.9478

Take a closer look at my site. Also be aware there are merchants for all the karma heart cooking ingredients in the new zone which halves cooking cost.

http://gw2crafts.net/total.html — you need 7 crafts. At the time of this post, 75g55s73c – 15g27s97c(wc)+1g76s3c(cooking) = 62g3s79c

From 15-80 going 0-400 in a craft gives you exactly 10 levels. 1-15 gives 30% more xp than expected. So you will need slightly less than 7 crafts.

Always Current Crafting Guides: http://gw2crafts.net
Updated every 20 minutes based on current TP prices.

in Crafting

Posted by: Falgar Usher of Woe.5194

Falgar Usher of Woe.5194

If you’re smart, it will cost you absolutely nothing. It is possible to max professions and break even. Or even make a profit. Of course, not all portions of the process will be crafting profitable things, but in every tier of materials, there are profitable items. If you max a profession and are a bit over cost, simply craft a few more of the profitable items. You simply need to be smart about it.
Torrenal’s Crafting Gadget – http://www.gw2gadget.com will tell you the cheapest method to craft ANY item, sortable by discipline, difficulty, and profitability.

in Crafting

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^ +1 … it’s possible to break even … or atleast it WAS before the latest 4 whatever Bazaar and the huge Demand spike put on the market by everyone needing to learn additional crafts to get their pointless awful Celestial Gear just like Izzy has.

Though there’s also a weird anomaly going on right now with certain level 80 Rare 2 handed weapons being bought in mass for upwards of 29s each. The only rumor I’ve seen explaining it is some people forging Precursors out of them or something?? Those might be one possible source for recouping a lot of the up-front investment (12-16 gold??) needed to hit that sweet spot on every discipline.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Lets look through a couple professions by level:
Chef: 19-90% profit possible by from chef level 0 to 100. 49% profit at level 100, but you need a steep karma input, or a near 0 profit for a minimal karma input. 125-149 gets you 29% profit, but at 150-174 there’s no profit to be had – I suggest karma recipes. 175-199 has profit, 200-299 is all profitable, but you may need to outlay some karma, 300-325, just aim for the cheapest thing to make (peach cookies), and after that the range of profitable recipes opens up.

Tailor: Profitable at all levels, although a couple have very few choices for where to make money.

Leatherworker…. I’ll let you decide (see image). I’ve listed just the masks and helms, aiming to get a cross-section. Rows in bold you can sell to the high bidder and instantly make a profit. Non-bold rows you may find yourself waiting a few days or occasionally weeks to sell, but that’s the nature of any market where prices shift.

The money’s there, and if you choose wisely and price properly, things will sell. The level 80 stuff is currently a big risk however, with the announcement of ascended gear. Sub-80 stuff should sell, but again with the release of ascended gear, it looks like people will need to craft their own, meaning lots of them may craft stuff and dump it on the market at a loss in the weeks to come – In short, normally you can make a profit leveling up, but we’re at a sensitive stage where that may not hold true for a couple weeks.

//Torrenal
— Author of Torrenal’s Crafting Gadget, available @ gw2gadget.com

Attachments: