How to farm Armored Scale?

in Crafting

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

Hi, I really need to find a way to farm some Armored Scale .
I tried to kill some drake, krait, shark etc. in Cursed Shore but they dropped nothing.
Anyone of you knows a way to farm those materials?

Thank you!

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

in Crafting

Posted by: Strydder.1083

Strydder.1083

just keep trying those guys,they have a really low drop rate

in Crafting

stemare.2578

So I was doing the right thing… thanks for the tip!

in Crafting

Posted by: Kraun.2961

Kraun.2961

you’re on the right path, the drop rates are just abyssmal, keep at it, you might be lucky enough to get 2 per day.

in Crafting

stemare.2578

And I suppose that my full traveler armor (increase magic find) it’s completely useless here…

in Crafting

Posted by: Psymasta.9257

Psymasta.9257

Oddly enough I found that the jelly fish in frost gorge near the instance/ jormag fight have dropped em, why jelly fish no idea.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dorpen.4653

Dorpen.4653

I hate farming for all these stupid fine materials.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vim.7318

Vim.7318

I don’t like that you need to farm ungodly amounts of these fine materials when you can come by the other resources just exploring through the game.

I was getting a few of these when i was farming the normal scales in frostgorge. I also like the zone a whole lot better than any zone infested wall-to-wall with risen, as their AI is either really buggy or intentionally obnoxious.

in Crafting

stemare.2578

I don’t like that you need to farm ungodly amounts of these fine materials when you can come by the other resources just exploring through the game.

I was getting a few of these when i was farming the normal scales in frostgorge. I also like the zone a whole lot better than any zone infested wall-to-wall with risen, as their AI is either really buggy or intentionally obnoxious.

Where do you farm scales in frostgorge? Is there a specific place?
Thank you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Syl.5842

Syl.5842

is it possible to upgrade from large scale with the mystic forge?

in Crafting

Posted by: PrimeTime.7459

PrimeTime.7459

Yes it is possible to transmute large scales into armored scales. You would need a total of 50 Large Scales, 5 of the tier 6 Dust (forgot the exact name), 5 Philosopher Stones and 1 Armored scale. Then combine them all in the mystic forge. This will generate a random number of Armored Scales. I use this to transmute Potent Bloods into Powerful and it usually gives me a number around 10-15. Not sure what determines the amount you get though. But you could use this recipe for most of the fine crafting materials and also ores, cloths and etc.

80 Warrior Blackgate Server

in Crafting

Posted by: blink.4239

blink.4239

Yes it is possible to transmute large scales into armored scales. You would need a total of 50 Large Scales, 5 of the tier 6 Dust (forgot the exact name), 5 Philosopher Stones and 1 Armored scale. Then combine them all in the mystic forge. This will generate a random number of Armored Scales. I use this to transmute Potent Bloods into Powerful and it usually gives me a number around 10-15. Not sure what determines the amount you get though. But you could use this recipe for most of the fine crafting materials and also ores, cloths and etc.

Terrible advice..

I just did this and got 5 scales. Nobody listen to this person.

Only lost about 10s in the end, but still kitten annoying.

in Crafting

Posted by: Element.9603

Element.9603

Terrible advice..

I just did this and got 5 scales. Nobody listen to this person.

Only lost about 10s in the end, but still kittening annoying.

I didn’t have any issues with this method. I turned 100 Large Scales into 21 Armored Scales in two conversions.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I’ve made ~7g off Large Scale to Armored Scale conversions in the last 48 hours, just popping in once in a while to take my money and run another batch. You really need to know what you’re in for before you start or you may easily be upset.

The yield is random. The least I recall receiving is 5, the most 12. Since the recipie calls for 1 to be used, this means 50 large yield 4-11 armored.

I tend to run in batches of 250 large scales. The yield for 250 is typically 28. Sometimes lower, sometimes higher (more often higher than lower), but 28 is the median and what I base my investments on.

This holds for all other fine t5-t6 conversions I have done.

Getting 5 will no doubt leave you feeling cheated; you got on the low end, it happens. In the long run, it tends to balance out to a gain over the price of buying rmored scales—i typically run a profit doing this, and that counts the 15% TP cut. Lately the profit margin has been shrinking and I expect I’ll be moving onto other products soon—I wish I had enough money laying around I could diversify all the time, but alas, I do not.

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

They also drop off krait in wvw if you find yourself bored in there.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Any sort of scaly/reptilian creature has a chance to drop Scales, including drakes, skale, fish and krait. (But NOT skelk, despite their reptilian-looking appearance.) For some reason, crabs and jellyfish also drop Scales.

in Crafting

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Farm the kraits in wvw (the one underwater in the regular battlegrounds).

There was several bots last time i went there, so i ended up farming to see if there was something valuable and I ended up with 3 armored scale in 5 minutes killing those kraits.
I might have been lucky though.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Elthia.4092

Elthia.4092

Malchor’s Leap – Risen Sharks and Risen Drakes
Curshed Shore near Gavbeorn’s Waypoint
Straights of Devastation – Kraits
Frostgorge – Go under water and kill everything (jellyfish, skales, drakes)
they will drop scales/blood.