How to level up crafting the cheapest way?

in Crafting

Posted by: NatureBlade.7910

NatureBlade.7910

So I am on my journey for a legendary, and I need to get my Weaponsmith and Armorsmith up to 400. I have spent around 3-4 gold just to get Weaponsmith lvl 120, and I think I am doing it wrong. I always sold my mats so now I have no lower tier crafting ones.
I really need help on how to boost it up.

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

If you’re a weaponsmith, grab a stack of pick axes and logging axes for whatever tier you’re on and run a zone harvesting everything you see (preferably one you’ve already cleared). For fine crafting materials, you’re either going to have to farm Dynamic Events with waves of enemies that drop bags containing what you need, or you’re going to have to buy from the Trading Post. Refine materials until your experience gain halts, then maximize your experience gain by discovering new recipes (as close to your crafting experience level as possible). I hope that helps get you started.

in Crafting

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

Weaponsmith and Armorsmith are tough to run at the same time because they compete directly for virtually all mats. The place you can get the most relief from the overlap is by focusing the discovery you do as a Weaponsmith on things that use Wood (Axe / Mace / Hammer) and save some of your metal for armorsmith…. wood is cheap by comparison, and you can gather wood in tandem with ore so you’re getting access to more nodes.

Fine mats will also put the pressure on, one place you can get the most bang for your buck is to get the recipies for karma that allow you to craft Rares….. you can usually manage to sell off the crafted rares for either a small profit, or break even, and you need to craft fewer of them to get significant chunks of crafting experience.

When tagging between the two professions, refining raw mats will move you a chunk…. but you refine till you stop getting ‘good’ xp from the refinement (turns blue from green for xp gain) switch to the other profession to keep refining at a higher exp value while you still have raw mats to refine, rather than hucking it all at the ever diminishing value in one craft.

Hope some of that helps and GL on your legendary!

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: xanthic.9478

xanthic.9478

I would suggest grabbing the relevant guides from my site(see sig) and if you need even lower prices, placing buy orders for the parts.

Always Current Crafting Guides: http://gw2crafts.net
Updated every 20 minutes based on current TP prices.

in Crafting

Posted by: lunarminx.3624

lunarminx.3624

So I am on my journey for a legendary, and I need to get my Weaponsmith and Armorsmith up to 400. I have spent around 3-4 gold just to get Weaponsmith lvl 120, and I think I am doing it wrong. I always sold my mats so now I have no lower tier crafting ones.
I really need help on how to boost it up.

Google pwniversity

in Crafting

Posted by: Mika.9815

Mika.9815

This site will dynamically generate you the cheapest crafting paths: http://gw2crafts.saladon.net/

in Crafting

Posted by: Adele.6058

Adele.6058

Yeah, I just went up from 200 to 350 in weaponsmithing because I had over a stack of both platinum and mithril. Let your materials pile up and remember your characters share storage.

Oh, and trick: weaponsmiths use a lot more of their metal than their wood per level. If you create four of each inscription and only make a spear, a hammer, a mace, and an axe, you are being more economical about the more precious metal.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zimlobo.3962

Zimlobo.3962

I would suggest grabbing the relevant guides from my site(see sig) and if you need even lower prices, placing buy orders for the parts.

I can vouch that gw2crafts.saladon.net is all you need for crafting. Exceptional resource. Don’t forget to use a crafting boost

in Crafting

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Karma can get you atleast half of the way to 400 sometimes.

Save up karma jugs and vials and drink them on the low level hero. Works nice!

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Crafting

Posted by: Grayson.2375

Grayson.2375

if getting 2 craft to 400 is even a money issue to u, then u ain’t ready for legends