I just wasted my ambrite recipe

in Crafting

Posted by: Dvorak.7364

Dvorak.7364

I know it’s my fault that I learn a recipe on the wrong character, but it did make make me wonder about some things. For one the required crafting level is only red when you actually have the required profession, otherwise it’s white as if you’re crafting level is enough which seems kind of inconsistent. Secondly I don’t understand why it’s even possible to learn recipes that you can’t even use.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

1. The required level is red when you have the profession but not the right level, and green when you have the right profession AND the right level. Otherwise it is white. I agree that it would be nice to have a clear warning though.
2. It is possible to learn recipies regardless of chosen crafting professions since you can change crafting professions very easy, and change back just as easy without loosing the levels in each craft.

Is this good? Well, I like it, others may not. I feel your pain though, I have made the same mistake a couple of times, though not on a grind recipe like amberite..

In due time, all will serve the asura.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dvorak.7364

Dvorak.7364

To be honest I probably would have never cared if it wasn’t a recipe that takes a couple of days of grinding to get and 400 crafting levels. This game constantly warns whenever someone you want to salvage a rare, but in the case of these recipes you lose about 15 gold for training from 1 to 400 if you learn it on the wrong character by accident.

Nevertheless I’m aware that I’m just venting my frustrations here, but I sincerely hope that nobody else makes my mistake.
(and that Anet makes crafting account-wide someday)

in Crafting

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

instead of acc.bound crafting. (I can’t see that happening because of the fact that it gives exp. ) all recipes learned should be account bound. That would be a major QoL feature.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

instead of acc.bound crafting. (I can’t see that happening because of the fact that it gives exp. ) all recipes learned should be account bound. That would be a major QoL feature.

While I agree it’s a good idea for a change, am I going to get back all the karma I have spent on multiples of the same Recipes for different characters? I’m guessing it’s not a huge amount, but somewhere on the order of 10K-20K karma.

I’m not going to put up a big stink about it, but you can bet some players here WILL.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

While I agree it’s a good idea for a change, am I going to get back all the karma I have spent on multiples of the same Recipes for different characters? I’m guessing it’s not a huge amount, but somewhere on the order of 10K-20K karma.

I’m not going to put up a big stink about it, but you can bet some players here WILL.

I totally understand why somebody would be upset, but that clearly puts the Devs in a tough spot. How are they going to improve things for everybody if some people are going to get angry?

in Crafting

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

There’s alot of people upset over the wardrobe changes and runes on karma armour. tough kitten.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

There’s alot of people upset over the wardrobe changes and runes on karma armour. tough kitten.

But they did make quite a bit of refunds, freebies and concessions when those systems were introduced. I’m not saying they made everyone happy but you must admit they made a rather good effort to do so (I was personally quite pleased with the results).

Note the above is about Wardrobe / Dye systems changes. Runes on un-salvageable items is STILL quite a dilemma that has never been resolved (and was really just a side effect of the Wardrobe System removing the ability to “move” runes to another item look).

My comment wasn’t to imply I was against the idea (I’d LOVE if all my recipes were available to all craters), but to play the Devils Advocate and mention the imminent “RAGE STORM” that would follow such a change.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)