I will craft Ascended but not Legendary...

in Crafting

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

The crafting of Ascended weapons does involve the RNG. While this may not be an issue for many others, I will never, ever attempt to craft a legendary as long as certain parts rely on “luck”. Not to mention the Legendary Short Bow is a unicorn that shoots rainbows… sheesh.

I have made significant progress towards my Ascended Short Bow and am looking forward to the day it is complete.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

So how do you plan to obtain Dark Matter without the involvement of RNG?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Windwalker.2047

Windwalker.2047

K.O. by reasonable argument.

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Welcome to RPG’s, enjoy your stay.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nevermore.3820

Nevermore.3820

well just in the OP’s defense there is a deference between RNG that equals a 20% to 30% chance per salvage (roll) and something around 0.005% chance per forge (roll)

I feel the same way, somewhat, I will not use the Mystic Toilet for a precursor if one drops for me then I might look at starting the forging processes or sell it for the precursor I need.

in Crafting

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

Legendary has no RNG. You just buy the precursor off the TP and craft it.

in Crafting

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Mystic clovers say Hello there.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Crafting

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Mystic clovers say Hello there.

Mystic clovers only require ectos (which can be had from rares) and karma/skill based stuff. The Dark Matter requires exotics. Now, I know lots of people have exotics drop here there and everywhere (or so the forums make me believe), but I’m happy if I get 3 rares in a day and an exotic per month. Also, T5 materials drop way more often than T6 materials (I’m trying to get T6 mats, but only get T5…), so you can craft some rares to salvage as well.

in Crafting

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

you should be getting clovers as you try to get T6 from mystic forge anyways. getting clovers is by far one of the easiest parts of getting a legendary, aside from the badges of honor.

in Crafting

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

Yes, because obtaining Dark Matter is nearly as difficult as obtaining a precursor without spending absurd amounts of gold.

In addition to what the OP said, I won’t be going for a legendary as long as their functional benefit is the same as exotic. Just like ascended weapons are stronger than exotics, legendary weapons should be stronger than ascended weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Yes, because obtaining Dark Matter is nearly as difficult as obtaining a precursor without spending absurd amounts of gold.

In addition to what the OP said, I won’t be going for a legendary as long as their functional benefit is the same as exotic. Just like ascended weapons are stronger than exotics, legendary weapons should be stronger than ascended weapons.

You better start going then.
Legendaries dont have the same functional benefit (whatever you mean by that, my guess is stats) as exotics anymore.
Legendaries also have more functional benefit than Ascended weapons because you can change their stats everytime youre out of combat.

Again K.O. by reasonable argument.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

If you want to make a legendary, you have choices. You can use RNG or you can get it guaranteed.

I don’t understand why people complain about legendary RNG when you have an alternate way of getting it guaranteed.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Crafting

Posted by: Snaq.3408

Snaq.3408

No, you do it like me…

I was up all night to get lucky, up all night to get lucky..

And what do you know, i actually got a Dusk first and 2-3 attempts later i got myself a Dawn…
That made it 2 Dawn and 1 Dusk in less than one week, needless to say im now finally wielding my Twilight

Attachments:

in Crafting

Snaq.3408

And hereĀ“s my Dawn

Attachments:

in Crafting

Snaq.3408

If you want to make a legendary, you have choices. You can use RNG or you can get it guaranteed.

I don’t understand why people complain about legendary RNG when you have an alternate way of getting it guaranteed.

Mainly because it gold millions and millions of gold (no, not really but the precursors are expensive)