Immobulus..(Sigh)

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

I want to craft this because it’ll match nicely with my mesmer. But then I see the recipe….

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Immobulus

I am at a loss as to how to get Giant Eyes quickly without farming gold to buy them, or spending the next year or so farming Orr. Piles of Crystalline Dust would also be nigh-impossible without salvaging from Globs of Ectoplasm as well..

Seriously, 250 Giant Eyes for that scepter….not only does that not make any sense for the weapon itself (it’s not Lidless Eye or some other undead-ish weapon that you’d expect Giant Eyes to be used for), it’s only from Heavy Moldy Bags (at less than 1% chance of being in a bag, if the drop research is accurate).

Right..pardon my complaining. I just get annoyed how they say there’s no grind (and to their credit, none of the grind is a required thing), but then make exotic Forge recipes like this requiring materials that you have no good way to obtain outside of using the Trade Post, since you can’t really farm thanks to diminished returns and RNG.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is a recipe I don’t think the devs have ever looked at. I made 2 of them. It’s amazing but with current giant eye prices… I don’t see it as easy as it could be. It’s a pseudo legendary in my eyes ^^

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Nearly all of the nicer looking exotics from the forge are pseudo legendaries with the ridiculous amounts of material need to make them. And, it’s not like you can go farm up the materials thanks to ridiculous luck needed, or just buying everything to make it off the Trading Post (and with the cost of it all, one might as well just try buying the weapon itself). It’s just discouraging.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

It’s a shame you don’t like the look of Storm, because that’s cheaper at the moment.

I am ok with the idea of grinding for fashion, but I understand your frustration given that the item you happen to be after is also ridiculously expensive. With 250 giant eyes you can’t even farm a decent percentage of them. At least with something like charged lodestones you can get them occasionally and upgrade charged cores.

Mind you, once it’s on your character and you are running around with it you might decided that you are less impressed with it than you thought you would be. I just had that experience with Abyssal Sceptre.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

Mind you, once it’s on your character and you are running around with it you might decided that you are less impressed with it than you thought you would be. I just had that experience with Abyssal Sceptre.

Abyssal scepter is cool but it has a really simple model. Immobulus is a large beautiful singular model… not a single part of me lost that feeling after having it. I have it on my Asura, and then I put it on my norn, and wow. It’s such a large and detailed scepter.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Lalocat.6793

Lalocat.6793

It only costs ~662g for everything to make it right now, still way cheaper than a legendary.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Since I bought it not too long ago, I’ll share my experience here

I first thought about buying the 250 giant eyes at around 2g each, but with my huge buy order I kinda screwed up the market I think —’ (I didn’t care much about cancelling my b/o everytime since I have gold so at some point I was buying 750 of them).

In the end I got about a hundred of them but I was pressed by the time (it’s Lilith’s fault) so I cancelled everything and bought it at 775g. I’m now selling my eyes at 2,5g each. I have 50 left and can sell them at 2,25g to you if u want. Just message me ingame.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: meklin.4530

meklin.4530

Your best bet might be to but stacks of moldy bags, use buy orders. Maybe 500 a day? Open em all and sell everything you don’t need until you have your 250 eyes. I know personally I have had 4 of them drop, opening about 500 bags.

Just a thought

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Eriksson.7148

Eriksson.7148

Your best bet might be to but stacks of moldy bags, use buy orders. Maybe 500 a day? Open em all and sell everything you don’t need until you have your 250 eyes. I know personally I have had 4 of them drop, opening about 500 bags.

Just a thought

4 Giant Eyes out of 500 Heavy Moldy Bags is real big luck.
One bag gives you 0.001 eyes averagely so you would have to open 4000 bags in order to get 4 eyes on average. Trust me, I have opened hundreds of thousands of them (back when it was profitable).

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Stars.2179

Stars.2179

Since I bought it not too long ago, I’ll share my experience here

I first thought about buying the 250 giant eyes at around 2g each, but with my huge buy order I kinda screwed up the market I think —’ (I didn’t care much about cancelling my b/o everytime since I have gold so at some point I was buying 750 of them).

In the end I got about a hundred of them but I was pressed by the time (it’s Lilith’s fault) so I cancelled everything and bought it at 775g. I’m now selling my eyes at 2,5g each. I have 50 left and can sell them at 2,25g to you if u want. Just message me ingame.

So you were the person that had a price war with me at 350g → 411g for the immobulus?
I bid it at 500g and that night i saw the 774.99g one was gone. I was like OH MAN. So it was YOU!!, the next morning, someone sold it to me for 500g XD

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Enaretos.8079

So you were the person that had a price war with me at 350g -> 411g for the immobulus?
I bid it at 500g and that night i saw the 774.99g one was gone. I was like OH MAN. So it was YOU!!, the next morning, someone sold it to me for 500g XD

Yep that was me :p

I bid it at 600 then 500, then 350, 360, 450, 500 then got bored and bought it.

My Twitch

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: JCROY.5730

JCROY.5730

You both are still friends I hope? :P

“see cow, grab bundle, feed cow?”

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Woljnir.7810

Woljnir.7810

That’s the fundamental problem with this game. When you want to craft something, you simply can’t just go out and get it. You need 350 Charged Lodestones total for something? Good freakin luck. Farming is necessary in MMOs. It just is. Yeah, it sucks, but people who want stuff are going to get it. People who don’t, won’t.

I see a great skin on the TP and think to myself what could the mats be? Then I find it’s 250 Lodestones, 250 eyes, or 250 of something I simply don’t even remotely ever have a chance of acquiring. Absolutely never will I under any circumstance EVER acquire 250 of any Lodestone. It’s disheartening. People shouldn’t have to sit there knowing they will never be able to make something they want.

If the eyes had a drop rate and could be farmed 4-5/hour, people would still do it to work towards what they want. With NOTHING of any kind having any droprate whatsoever, what’s even the point anymore. And I’m not trying to put ANet out on blast and have this modded, it’s just how a lot of people are starting to feel.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

250 lodestones/giant eyes is far preferable to something like 1 precursor.

With the former you can make steady progress to it, getting/buying a few at a time, and this even helps to hedge against price hikes (if you had 125 of the 250 already, then a sudden price jump of 20% only hurts you 10%, etc.).

People aren’t supposed to make Infinite Light overnight.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

Farming is necessary in MMOs. It just is.

It’s only necessary if you want a particular something that has a high requirement for one or more materials. That’s limited to legendaries, ascended items and prestige skins (and, arguably, precursors). None of these are necessary in order to play the game, only to have your character match your own aesthetic vision.

Now, you could possibly argue that presenting reasons to farm is necessary for MMOs to keep players interested…but that’s another thread.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

There are two points. First, you don’t need to grind it, it’s an Exotic. It’s just for looks and therefor a vanity item. Second, you are right, it is nigh impossible to farm. I had about 2-3 giant eyes drop in more than 2k hours. That’s ridiculous. Either they forgot about that recipe or they simply want us to buy it – if not with Gold, then with Gems by Credit Card.

The latter is pretty likely, more and more the game is just a cash shop for vanity items and offers nothing else. It’s a shame and discrace for the once so good franchise…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d change it so that they have a chance to drop from Risen Giants, while Champion Giants (like the ones in Diessa Plateau and Harathi Hinterlands) give a guaranteed drop, similar to how adult Karka always give a guaranteed Karka Shell.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

It’s just discouraging.

Probably because Anet would much prefer you buy gems and turn them into gold.

If it’s just too much work to get the skin otherwise, some people will want it badly enough to pay $ for it. Most people will not, but they probably won’t stop playing the game if they can’t get the skin they want, and even if they do, they weren’t willing to buy gems anyway, so Anet isn’t losing any money off of them quitting.

It’s a sad state we find our beloved studio in these days. But that’s what relying on cash shop purchases will get you.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

“sigh” – Devs NEVER said there would be NO grind, just that there would be no REQUIRED grind. Obtaining this scepter is NOT required…..it’s a vanity item.

Yes, this is one of the “L33T” weapon forges just south of Legendary. I’m guessing the obscene cost is due to the ability to select stats at equip (like a few of the Ascended back pieces).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

“sigh” – Devs NEVER said there would be NO grind, just that there would be no REQUIRED grind. Obtaining this scepter is NOT required…..it’s a vanity item.

Yes, this is one of the “L33T” weapon forges just south of Legendary. I’m guessing the obscene cost is due to the ability to select stats at equip (like a few of the Ascended back pieces).

No. It used to have magic find stats. Because Anet never fixed it, it still is created with the “choose stats” when you soul bind it.

[ARES]

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

I’m guessing the obscene cost is due to the ability to select stats at equip.

I thought it was more to do with the price of 250 Giant Eyes…

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

It’s just discouraging.

Probably because Anet would much prefer you buy gems and turn them into gold.

Wont work if there’s none to buy from tp, lol.

I am about to start working on one for my mesmer, in all of my 3.6k hours playing, I’ve only gotten 2 Eyes from 1000s of Moldy Bags I’ve opened. They need to increase the drop rate on them because its kitten near 0% to get one.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Head Kracker.4790

Head Kracker.4790

yeah….even with a couple hundred thousand players popping bags…the amount of eyes on the market isn’t enough to even reasonably craft one of these. Personally id NEVER spend 600+ gold on the market for a non legendary exotic no matter what the thing looked like

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

It took me a couple of months to get 250 giant eyes. A couple of my guildmates helped by donating an eye here and there but mostly I’d do dungeons, play the game, farm for gold and every night put in a buy order for however many I could afford. The fact that the eyes only come from heavy moldy bags makes the price stupid high and they’re hard to get. I don’t even want to think about how much I spent on getting eyes, but it was worth it to me.

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Enaretos.8079

yeah….even with a couple hundred thousand players popping bags…the amount of eyes on the market isn’t enough to even reasonably craft one of these. Personally id NEVER spend 600+ gold on the market for a non legendary exotic no matter what the thing looked like

I got 300 eyes at 1,5g lately though :/ I call it reasonable when looking at their drop rate. And Immobulus isn’t a random exotic. It is an expensive weapon, that very few people have !

My Twitch

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

I got 300 eyes at 1,5g lately though :/ I call it reasonable when looking at their drop rate. And Immobulus isn’t a random exotic. It is an expensive weapon, that very few people have !

Worth every single copper.

[ARES]

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

@OP Why not consider the Princess Wand Skin?

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Immobulus..(Sigh)

in Crafting

Lilith Ajit.6173

@OP Why not consider the Princess Wand Skin?

It really just isn’t comparable. Too small not enough lucky charms.

[ARES]