In my view Legendaries should be account bound not sellable + SB

in Crafting

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Now that legendaries are being posted after yesterday’s patch fixing shard stacking bug and unbugging Balthazar Temple, it’s been confirmed Legendaries are sellable and soulbound on use.

It just seems odd considering most of the components to actually craft the item are account bound, including ~2mil karma.

With all the work people put into it wouldn’t it make more sense to make them account bound on craft, so people who actually have one show that they “mastered” the game which is what the devs said legendaries show? Not to mention all of the work going into them and the large amount of account bound items would also let people use them on other characters, especially in an MMO that plans on sticking around long term and the eventual rolling of alts or even possible new classes in future x-pacs.

Just doesn’t really make sense to me to have something like a legendary acts like any other piece of crafted/forged equipment in terms of sellable + SB.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Yes, this needs to be changed badly.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

If they’re account bound you make ‘em for yourself and then stop. If they’re soulbound on equip and tradable that means that people can keep buying more character slots, playing the game, collecting all the items and selling them to other people.

Which option do you think Anet is going to prefer?

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

in Crafting

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

The one that is better for the long term health of the game

I think you have Anet mixed up with Blizzard in your head

You honestly think new weapon skins are not going to get added in expansion packs? You really think that this will be the full list of legendary weapons for the entire life of the game?
Do you think logically before you post?

in Crafting

Posted by: Jasmine Salina.3609

Jasmine Salina.3609

Afaik, legendary weapons cannot be sold on TP. I talked to someone who had Sunrise, and he said that he tried to put it on the TP but it wouldn’t let him. So I’m fairly sure that they cannot be sold, but a dev confirm would be nice.

|Seer – Elementalist|

|KnT | BG|

in Crafting

Posted by: Spacefish.4623

Spacefish.4623

If they are sellable they definitely should not be. I like the idea of account bound also.

in Crafting

Posted by: Prophet.6954

Prophet.6954

Others who have aquired them confirmed its soulbound on equip, and if you open trading post, legendary is a drop down. This in my opinion completely makes them not legendary since now its pay to buy vs play to aquire….it would be really awesome to know that the person with that weapon, got 100% world completion, and massive karma, and massive wvw fights, and the like, vs just throwing $1000 at the gem store, trading it for in game gold, and buying one.

in Crafting

Posted by: Schwa.1620

Schwa.1620

If someone were to offer one of those for sale, the amount of gold required to purchase one would still be -legendary-.

in Crafting

Posted by: Drafell Moraxi.7543

Drafell Moraxi.7543

Players should have the freedom to profit from their efforts, if they so choose to. I don’t see a problem with them being sold at the Trading Post.

in Crafting

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

My guess is its just got some wording messed up on it like the Digital deluxe golem banker where it says account bound but is infact soul bound.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Agree with the original post.

I was honestly at the, “This probably isn’t worth it and I’m never actually going to finish getting one, but I’ll continue working towards it for now.” point regarding them, but thinking about it, I’ve been squarely pushed to the, “You know what? **** that.” point with them being ‘SB on Use’.

Ah well, as it is, I suppose I can at least be glad I don’t have the pressure of that grind to worry with anymore.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Crafting

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

They should at the very least be account bound if not soul-bound. Selling it on the TP just makes the whole effort cheap imo- obviously not money cheap but I hope you get the idea.
A legendary should be a supreme achievement.

Gunnar’s Hold

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Agreed, these should NOT be sellable. This is a huge slap in the face to anyone spending a lot of time in game to craft one. All that work and some rich spoiled brat can just buy one with cash…

in Crafting

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

Uhh… tilt at windmills much?

in Crafting

Posted by: GoddessHrist.8472

GoddessHrist.8472

It is interesting that legendaries are tradable since it contradicts the devs’ original description of them. When legendaries were first revealed, they were described as representing a player’s complete mastery of the game. Obviously this is no longer the case.

in Crafting

Posted by: xero.2097

xero.2097

Ummm…

First, I don’t think “Farming lots” is really a reflection of mastery.

Second, Given the lack of request for Crafted items and that due to the stats some legendaries are purely for the skin. I think its a good thing for the game in the long run.

I don’t think that months down the road legendaries are going to be super unique, as time progresses, so will the amount of legendary skins you see. I actually see the ability to sell legendaries as a step forward, since crafters still have to be able to make the components themselves it just means that the player with that “Nice sword” is not necessarily a master craftsman. Thus you aren’t forcing crafting onto players who want legendaries.

in Crafting

Posted by: MrGorkajuice.8391

MrGorkajuice.8391

I strongly suspect legendaries are in fact not sellable.
I just did a blank trade post search with the only filter being Rarity = Legendary, and Only Show Available left unchecked. Only entry found is Bottle of Elonian Wine. So it’s impossible for me to post a buy offer, and I suspect it’s equally impossible to post one for sale.

in Crafting

Posted by: Windklinge.4076

Windklinge.4076

legendarys where ALL THE TIME about money alone guys if you still havent get this. so this doesnt really matter aslong as the process of making one is so heavily based on MONEY alone mostly.

does barely matter if you buy it or farm it with the current system anyways. so this thread is useless anyway until the entire process changes. theres only a few parts of a legendary you cant buy with stupid gold. and thats the 500 wvw thing the 500 instance thing (which both are easy to get compared to the gold amount) and the items needed which can only be bought with SP + the shards bought with karma. thats it. anything else is purely based on stupid gold and RNG anyway. bad design.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

I don’t know why you don’t think legendaries should be available for sale. Shouldn’t a player be able to profit from their work if they choose?

in Crafting

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

I very much doubt you can sell a Legendary. However what disturbes me the most about the whole “Legendary” thing right now is that the game’s been going a little over a month now and some people already have them. Having one this soon just makes them very un-Legendary IMO

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

I very much doubt you can sell a Legendary. However what disturbes me the most about the whole “Legendary” thing right now is that the game’s been going a little over a month now and some people already have them. Having one this soon just makes them very un-Legendary IMO

I kind of suspect that’s why (it would appear) T6 nodes just got random placement and respawn timers in the last patch, and DR was ramped up.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

Even if you can’t sell it on the TP, you can still mail it.

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

I agree that being able to buy legendary weapons ruins the idea of them being legendary. When I see someone with a legendary weapon I want to think “Wow that person worked hard for that,” not “I bet they bought gems or got rich off an exploit to buy that.”

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Posted by: valdamus.6289

valdamus.6289

this is nothing more than OP casting kitten enlargment and see if it sticks. legendary weapons should be tradable and sellable on the AH so i can get my daddys CC and abuse that gem store then buy one legendary and transmuted to a lvl 1 so i can show it across all different maps while i level.

in Crafting

Posted by: TwinkleToes.8719

TwinkleToes.8719

Its foolish for people to think ‘some rich person can just buy a legendary weapon with gold from selling gems’.

- The more popular precursors are are being sold for 150g +, so lets assume a legendary weapon is on sale for 500g (highly underpriced imo).
- Selling 100 gems currently nets about 30-35s, but we’ll assume 35s
- You would have to sell roughly 143 000 gems to generate 500g
- 143 000 gems = approximately $1800 US

Yup, some people are totally going to dish out $1800 for a weapon skin

in Crafting

Posted by: Dark Saviour.9410

Dark Saviour.9410

Yup, some people are totally going to dish out $1800 for a weapon skin

Considering what people throw-down trivially in other games, I wouldn’t actually be surprised… Hell, I know it’s probably the most extreme example, but a guy spent $16,ØØØ on a sword in Age of Wulan before the game was even released. >_>

That said, even if nobody does, the fact they can rubs a lot of people the wrong way.

Gone for good after Halloween 2Ø12.
A shame fun things could not simply be fun.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I already heared of several people buying 100k+ gems. And I played pay to win games before where some people spent 5k a month. Some people can just dispose such an amount and dont care.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Posted by: Munrock.3092

Munrock.3092

It seems that instead of pay-to-skin removing the unfairness of pay-to-win, some peoples’ minds have adjusted by equating skinning with winning.

An investment banker can own a Ferrari, a yacht or a Legendary Guild Wars 2 Weapon. None of those things make him better at life than you, even though the marketing industry spends an awful lot of time corrupting your culture to make you think that.

The difference is that the Ferrari or yacht mean he’s leeching money out of the system, whereas with the Legendary Weapon he’s paying money into the system that benefits you by funding the people who are developing the game you are playing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Melphina.9035

Melphina.9035

It seems that instead of pay-to-skin removing the unfairness of pay-to-win, some peoples’ minds have adjusted by equating skinning with winning.

An investment banker can own a Ferrari, a yacht or a Legendary Guild Wars 2 Weapon. None of those things make him better at life than you, even though the marketing industry spends an awful lot of time corrupting your culture to make you think that.

The difference is that the Ferrari or yacht mean he’s leeching money out of the system, whereas with the Legendary Weapon he’s paying money into the system that benefits you by funding the people who are developing the game you are playing.

People still build those cars and boats so leech money out is not the correct phrase. While it may not impact us personally it does impact the people who make those items.

Buying a legendary will happen if they leave it open just like people buy said high end cars boats planes. Is it the right thing to do, well thats up to that person. Having heard some of the crazy things that have happened so far, i dont doubt people will buy it. I would much rather see people making them on there own than just purchase them outright. Since you can purchase just about every other part of the creation, i find the final item should be something the player should get the benefit of doing as opposed to investing money and getting it.

Melphina Kobe ~ Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Zhuril.9207

Zhuril.9207

I agree, if the components for the legendary are SB, so should the legendary- though In my opinion, they should be account bound.

in Crafting

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

I like the idea of being able to sell the Legendary weapons. It is one of the main badges when you log on to your account and if I don’t want to farm one I can choose to buy one. Problem?
If you want to earn it? Do it
If you want to buy it? Do it

Neither is forced.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Crafting

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

I like the idea of being able to sell the Legendary weapons. It is one of the main badges when you log on to your account and if I don’t want to farm one I can choose to buy one. Problem?

Neither is forced.

Even if they can be sold they should still be account bound for the massive amount of work they take and the fact that a majority of ingredients (gifts, shards, honor badges, dungeon tokens) are account bound. Not to mention how big alts are in the longevity of MMOs, especially after playing the hundreds of hours it takes to get just one legendary and the fact that they may add more legendaries in future expansions. I personally just think it’s a waste if you can only use it on one of your characters and would be much more inclined to actually grind for one if I knew I could use it on ~half of the classes down the road, even if I get tired of my current main..

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

in Crafting

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Neither is forced.

Even if they can be sold they should still be account bound for the massive amount of work they take and the fact that a majority of ingredients (gifts, shards, honor badges, dungeon tokens) are account bound. Not to mention how big alts are in the longevity of MMOs, especially after playing the hundreds of hours it takes to get just one legendary and the fact that they may add more legendaries in future expansions. I personally just think it’s a waste if you can only use it on one of your characters and would be much more inclined to actually grind for one if I knew I could use it on ~half of the classes down the road, even if I get tired of my current main..

Why should it be bound to account? Does the person who farmed 2-3 months for 2000G not deserve the Legendary just as much as the person who farmed for 2-3 months for all the materials needed for a Legendary?

Even if he spent real money on it, who cares? It doesn’t make him stronger than you or better at the game. It gives the person a shiny skin and ArenaNet more money in their pocket to fund the game.

And let’s be honest here, there’s not much restricting anyone getting the Legendaries -eventually-. Play enough of the game over a year and you’re sure to have enough materials to make one yourself just by casually playing. It’s not some impossible dungeon boss that wipes the entire zone when it sneezes. It’s grinding player kills, semi-easy dungeon runs, farming crafting materials, and a random number generator.

in Crafting

Posted by: Milocat.4960

Milocat.4960

No. The person who farmed 2-3 months for 2000G does not deserve the Legendary nearly as much as the person who farmed for 2-3 months for all the materials. Many of the mats can be bought in the post, but the other requirements are intended to demonstrate that the wielder of the weapon has complete mastery of the entire game as a whole. It’s true that it doesn’t make him stronger than other players, but I much prefer the idea of a reward for actually playing for huge amounts of time rather than simply spending cash. Also, players who do play enough of the game over a year to get the materials necessary completely deserve the legendary; if they play consistently for a year they have demonstrated their commitment to and mastery of the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Tbh I don’t see the weaps as any kinda of “badge” of accomplishment or mastery. Let’s be real….they show that ppl have done world completion…so does that star, they show that one has grinded wvw jumping puzzles…gift of battle…more like gift of jumping puzzle, they show one or more of the following….luck, gold buying, tp mastery, exploiting, mindless grinding and/or generosity. But the thing that they lack and the thing that they should show is accomplishment. They have already been cheapened enough for me to pass on them and stockpile my resources on hopefully them adding something new that will actually be more relative to playing the game directly.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

No. The person who farmed 2-3 months for 2000G does not deserve the Legendary nearly as much as the person who farmed for 2-3 months for all the materials. .

lol? farming is farming.

Agreed, these should NOT be sellable. This is a huge slap in the face to anyone spending a lot of time in game to craft one. All that work and some rich spoiled brat can just buy one with cash…

er someone would still have to farm it…and what do you mean rich spoiled brat? what if they farmed for the gold or played the tp. and to make a legendary you would still need a considerable amount of gold as most of the mats can be purchased in tp.

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

in Crafting

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

Why do you care? I have yet to see one on the TP. Someone is that much more efficient that they could get a spare legendary and a buyer with enough gold to make it worth their while?

Anyone out there with over 1500g that would actually buy one?

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

What if someone has two accounts, and wants to put his legendary which he farmed from one account to the other?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

i believe someone tested that you can mail legendaries to other accounts.

in Crafting

Posted by: kwolf.4306

kwolf.4306

They should be soulbound on acquire. If you get it with a warrior, you should have it on a warrior, if you get it on a thief, you should have it on a thief.

in Crafting

Posted by: ljaphillips.3497

ljaphillips.3497

With the current way of acquiring them i’m fine with them being sold on the TP. At the end of the day having a legendary is pretty much about how much gold you have. Its nothing to do with skill or mastery.

If they change the way to get them to be some sort of EPIC undertaking across PvE, PVP and W3 then they should be tied to a single character and be only undertaken once per character./ per legendary item.

in Crafting

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

To the people who lamented on how Legendary is supposed to show your mastery at the game blah blah blah, sorry to break this to you but you’re only kidding yourself. Right now only these components are truly bound to the account:

- 100% world completion: if you already ahve an 80, this can be done in 1 weeks max, I got mine 4 days after hitting 80. And this gives you 2 Gift of Exploration.
- One Dungeon Gift: can be done in one day.
- 200 Skill Point: too easy it’s barely worth mentioning.
- Gift of Battle: can be done anywhere between 4 days → 1 week doing jumping puzzle.
- 320→500 Shards: used to be the main bottleneck, but with the change to loot, dungeon reward and Fractal, one can get this done in 2 weeks doing a lot of dungeon.

Overall if a person is focus, all of those requirement won’t take more than a month for a focus player. And I said focus, you don’t even have to be good. That represents maybe a 5th of the afford going into a legendary. The rest? It’s basically a rich man game. So if 4 out of 5 the afford going into it can already be bought, what difference does it make if someone can buy it out right?

in Crafting

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

should be:
1) account bound
2) have some way to cheaply change stats from the pvt stats to what ever else to make them truely best in slot for the character thats wearing them. soldiers is NOT best in slot for many classes and builds

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in Crafting

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

The main bottleneck is the money, not the shards… 120 gold for the recipes+icy runestones. Another 100 gold for the lodestones, 200-400 gold for the precursor, and then a random amount of money for t6 materials. The shards are bought with karma, and you get loads of karma doing WvWvW.

I’d just wish that WvWvW was profitable… or that you could get t6 mats and lodestones.

Apart from that, I don’t see any reason why somebody would pay for a legendary that was more expensive than buying the materials and crafting it yourself… and if the legandary is cheaper, then the seller wouldn’t make any profit… so why would you bother on sellilng it?

in Crafting

Abriel.4103

@Apolyon: re-read my post, it should be understood I only talk about the account bound material.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Well, i guess is the reason because TP never removed legendary as a status to filters menu. I guess they are supposed to be on sale, but considering the nightmare to craft one, who is so stupid to sell one?

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Abriel.4103

Well, i guess is the reason because TP never removed legendary as a status to filters menu. I guess they are supposed to be on sale, but considering the nightmare to craft one, who is so stupid to sell one?

Well, let just say if I can find a buyer who will buy my Sunrise for 3000g, I will sell it without a second thought. I mean … why not. I can get the account bound mat to make another one in a couple of week, and after buy back all the TP mat I will still have 1.5k-2k gold left over profit.

Why not? I mean … consider I barely break 1000g (worth, not cash) after playing 3 months, even if it will take me a month to get back the account bound mats, making 2k in 1 month is still a very fantastic deal for me.

(edited by Abriel.4103)

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Looking forward to find someone with that money. Over than that, did you know there is a cap on players’money carried over one character?

1000g? You’’re quite rare, kinda of a goldseller using bots. Smart player no doubt, able to mess around with TP. Rich goes richer, after all.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

According to GW2Spidy, Twilight has been on sale on the TP since December 3rd.

That said, I don’t mind. If it were up to me, I’d make everything sellable on the TP. That would include things like Halloween Tonics, Fractal weapons, and so on. I think the more things we can sell and buy on the TP, the better it is for the overall health of the economy and for the players. I have no qualms with players being able to buy a legendary weapon; it is, after all, just a skin.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Nah, it’s just the rich goes richer mechanism. God save us.
Just to add, he removed it, realizing noone would never ever buy it.

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)