In my view Legendaries should be account bound not sellable + SB

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

so the guy had to shell out 400g just to put it up? :O

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

1000g? You’’re quite rare, kinda of a goldseller using bots. Smart player no doubt, able to mess around with TP. Rich goes richer, after all.

No offense, but on the same token I can say that mentality is also why the poor stay poor. You look at what other have and isntead of trying to achieve, you make assumption and accusation. And I’m not only talking about in game term, but real life in general. My family history has been a roller coaster, we had taste the height of power (political cloud, live in maid, mansion) and the bottom of society (living in slum), and we had repeat that cycle more than a couple of time. Whenever we fail down, we never look at the rich and envy them, instead we pick outself up and strive to get to their level.

Back on the topic, no I’m not a smart player. I don’t manipulate the TP, the four times I tried I suffer devasting lost that pretty much wipe out all I have so I made a pledge of never try to play the TP ever again. Neither I’m a basement nerd, with a job and gradschool I play for like 5 hours per night except weekends. Like I said, 1000g I have is not in term of cash, the most I ever had is around 200g and that’s when I dumped all my SP to make and sell the Anomaly. Running dungeone, gather material, map completion you name it, I did it. Did I think 3 months ago I would be able to get a Legendary? I can assure you not.

I’ll be making my Sunrise within the week, and I can say that everything I got for it is legit or did the hard way. I missed the Precursor exploit, the lost shore event didn’t give me any, I missed out all the cheap market stuffs and most of my shard was earn farming karma before they were made easier with later patch.

The only difference between me and you is: I see a goal and run toward it while you see a goal and complain about how impossible far it is.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

A post like this to me is fun, definitively. Did you click my signature at least? Just so you know, my armor wasn’t exploited, i worked on it for weeks and weeks, and with pugs, and guess , leading them when most of the playerbase didn’t see anything more than shardfarm 1st boss chest. No exploits nor skiprun was published nor know yet.
We was killing every single add. I actually know every centimeter of arah, all paths, every single adds and behaviour.
Now add dungeon master. And no, arah path 4 not carried, i was one of the top player doing dps.
So wait, you have 200g or 1000g? Ah right, you sum all mats, everything you have, and you made a count and it makes 1000g. So i guess i’m around 2000, uhm, i should check. Erm..cough

p.s. Some worked on legendary, going around with a meh-armor. I had my target, and accomplished.
Kinda of what i did with my real life, my bachelor, my work.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Just to add, he removed it, realizing noone would never ever buy it.

I wish he would’ve just sent me by mail the 444.44g he needed to list that thing in the first place instead! Sheesh!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

That’s the funnier part

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

Nah, it’s just the rich goes richer mechanism. God save us.

how is that rich gets richer?

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

When you have got money to buy precursors, you buy lower priced. Increasing the price, someone else will buy, you will cut off quite a lot. Rinse repeat.
Some others overfarmed lost shores event and got even 4 precursors, sold them.
Now rich as hell, can play with TP happily. I met a guy with 1500g, showing me real time how he ruined in 1 minute a t6 mat price lol
He made juggernaut and twilight (he ruined twilight retransmuting it as exo for stats) not even farming 1 second lol, more than play dungeon for gifts
I can make billion other examples of manipulation of TP camping on cutoffs.

in Crafting

Posted by: Abriel.4103

Abriel.4103

And … what exactly that have anything to do with a person like me going for legendary? I kinda have a hard time figuring what you’re trying to say, or is there even a (related) point between what you say and the topic at hand.

Yes, according to market price my net value is around 1000g, and when Sunrise come out of the forge, I will be as poor as a fresh 80. I don’t know what your armor have anything to do with this. I have an Ele in Arah armor, a mesmer in CoE armor, a Guardian in mixed of both but again, what does that have to do with anything?

I don’t care how many gold you have, I wasn’t making a comment as your gold, you made one about mine. And what part of it is the rich become richer? The point is, the legendary is something is within the reach of anyone, and they can do this without doing shady stuff or being a rocket scientist.

in Crafting

Posted by: TabMorte.5297

TabMorte.5297

Added to my watchlist for pure amusement.

Golemancy 101: total and complete catastrophic
failure is still a monumental success, assuming
losses remain within acceptable parameters.

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

o_O Twilight is up for 8888 gold…. I can’t even fathom what the listing price on that would have been….

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I wish he would’ve just sent me by mail the 444.44g he needed to list that thing in the first place instead! Sheesh!

I dont think he removed it, you cannot even leave buy offers for legendaries on TP, so chances are you can only offer them, but noone can buy them.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

When you have got money to buy precursors, you buy lower priced. Increasing the price, someone else will buy, you will cut off quite a lot. Rinse repeat.
Some others overfarmed lost shores event and got even 4 precursors, sold them.
Now rich as hell, can play with TP happily. I met a guy with 1500g, showing me real time how he ruined in 1 minute a t6 mat price lol
He made juggernaut and twilight (he ruined twilight retransmuting it as exo for stats) not even farming 1 second lol, more than play dungeon for gifts
I can make billion other examples of manipulation of TP camping on cutoffs.

i dont get it. …..whose fault is that people buy items for listed value and not put a cheap buy order? if someone is so impatient they want to buy something for 50more gold than they have to instead of putting a reasonable buy order then, that person should not complain.. people do that in real life….its not ruining the economy, at some point items will stabilize and the buy orders and sell orders will be just about the same. also if he transmuted his legendary again…whose fault is that? it is well known doing so turns ur wep into an exotic

idk about manipulating the economy but i have been on both sides, at the start of the game i grinded alot and now i just tp, i can say i prefer trading post to rng+ diminishing return as my source of income.
as to ur friend who didnt farm well tht isnt completely true 1 because a u need 1.1m karma on average he had to go and kill something to get that….2 you need 500 honor badges, he could just do jumping puzzles but he may have had a few pvp bouts doing that. 3, you need 100% world completion, and atleast 300 skill points again…..he had to have killed something. just because he didn’t grind snow trolls everyday for t6 mat doesnt mean he isnt entitled to a legendary, he simply worked at it from a different angle.

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

in Crafting

Rising Dusk.2408

I dont think he removed it, you cannot even leave buy offers for legendaries on TP, so chances are you can only offer them, but noone can buy them.

You can only leave buy orders for something once someone has posted it for sale on the TP. Then it becomes available to put buy orders in for as long as there is a supply at all (with the exception of those silly account bound items…). That’s why Volcanus had no buy orders up until the 22nd of November, for instance. Note that this may not be exactly how it works, but it’s what I’ve gathered from my experience.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

but according to gw2spidy there is/was a twilight for 8888g for sale. But I cannot find it on TP or leave a buyorder for it.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

i dont get it. …..whose fault is that people buy items for listed value and not put a cheap buy order? if someone is so impatient they want to buy something for 50more gold than they have to instead of putting a reasonable buy order then, that person should not complain.. people do that in real life….its not ruining the economy, at some point items will stabilize and the buy orders and sell orders will be just about the same. also if he transmuted his legendary again…whose fault is that? it is well known doing so turns ur wep into an exotic

idk about manipulating the economy but i have been on both sides, at the start of the game i grinded alot and now i just tp, i can say i prefer trading post to rng+ diminishing return as my source of income.
as to ur friend who didnt farm well tht isnt completely true 1 because a u need 1.1m karma on average he had to go and kill something to get that….2 you need 500 honor badges, he could just do jumping puzzles but he may have had a few pvp bouts doing that. 3, you need 100% world completion, and atleast 300 skill points again…..he had to have killed something. just because he didn’t grind snow trolls everyday for t6 mat doesnt mean he isnt entitled to a legendary, he simply worked at it from a different angle.

Curious, i didn’t see any order of legendaries at a resonable price (wasn’t this one the title of the thread, legendaries soulbound?)
Ye, he didn’t care, juggernaut was untouched, he answered “Meh, i’ll make one more what’s the problem”.
1: karma boost+de plinx etc tagging. Took 3 days per weapon. To be sure, he got enough karma for 3 more legendaries.
2: 2 friends mesmer portaled him to EB jp chest for a few hours. Using alts too. Pass badges. Delete alt. Rinse repeat. Few hours, 2 weapons done, 1000 badges.
3: Ye, he got rid of it at beginning for a few days, planning his future rich life. 2 gifts, 2 weapons.

Do you realize or not, 99% of the legendary around you are cheated, or i have to type you every other exploit was used to get his weapons? Oh ye, i forgot to mention how he got his precursors cheating (now is fixed hehe, he was smart to craft a few of them).
Now add the lost shores event + overflow. Guess, he’s so rich to log just to have fun to ruin a bit the TP, swing his weapons, and logoff.
Shortly, accordingly to the thread’s title: those legendaries MUST be soulbound when crafted, precursors too. We will see, finally, the end of those kind of trash players around laying on thousand of gold, ruining the TP and our game just when bored.

I’m surprised the Anet economist didn’t understood was time, after 3 months, to just get rid of them, and make both (precursor and legendary) just a soulbound weapon. After all, is a personal hard, long grinded achievement, isn’t it?
Such a fail.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

Curious, i didn’t see any order of legendaries at a resonable price (wasn’t this one the title of the thread, legendaries soulbound?)
Ye, he didn’t care, juggernaut was untouched, he answered “Meh, i’ll make one more what’s the problem”.
1: karma boost+de plinx etc tagging. Took 3 days per weapon. To be sure, he got enough karma for 3 more legendaries.
2: 2 friends mesmer portaled him to EB jp chest for a few hours. Using alts too. Pass badges. Delete alt. Rinse repeat. Few hours, 2 weapons done, 1000 badges.
3: Ye, he got rid of it at beginning for a few days, planning his future rich life. 2 gifts, 2 weapons.

Do you realize or not, 99% of the legendary around you are cheated, or i have to type you every other exploit was used to get his weapons? Oh ye, i forgot to mention how he got his precursors cheating (now is fixed hehe, he was smart to craft a few of them).
Now add the lost shores event + overflow. Guess, he’s so rich to log just to have fun to ruin a bit the TP, swing his weapons, and logoff.
Shortly, accordingly to the thread’s title: those legendaries MUST be soulbound when crafted, precursors too. We will see, finally, the end of those kind of trash players around laying on thousand of gold, ruining the TP and our game just when bored.

I’m surprised the Anet economist didn’t understood was time, after 3 months, to just get rid of them, and make both (precursor and legendary) just a soulbound weapon. After all, is a personal hard, long grinded achievement, isn’t it?
Such a fail.

that example is pretty unrealistic lol…..3 days at phlinx only? so u know for that to even be possible he would have had to have been at phlinx for literally 20-23 hours a day and not experience diminishing returns and always be at every single event on time all the time…………..lol k. if someone had the stamina balls and concentration and no other responsibility to do that then id say they deserve it.
- do you know how many tokens u get from a lv1 toon? lol….assuming some how he magically got 4 tokens every time (improbable) tht would mean for 20 straight hours no enemies showed up there and just 1 shotted him and that’s assuming it only took him 5min to finish it…. i need to find this magic server where this is possible. and even if it was this person is already " *grinding*" more than i would at any given moment.

world complete = idk atleast 1 week?
he had to do dungeons…..
not to mention have like i said over 300 skill points….. while tht might not be hard it still takes time.

also maybe some ppl exploited to get their legendary but dont say 99% did because that is not true, i know alot of ppl who did not…godskull was not the only way to be omni rich,…at the time the trading post was literally a gold mine….

in the end what difference does it make? if someone goes through the trouble of attaining a legendary they should be able to do w/e they want with it. its not like you are going to buy one anyways. if someone wants to throw their life savings away let them. instead there should be a visible title like world completion for creating a legendary out of the forge.. that way you know who bought their legendary and who made it.

(edited by Ulquiorra.6903)

in Crafting

Posted by: xExitium.5198

xExitium.5198

Currently, legendary weapons are soulbound, although Dev Lindsey has hinted that they may be changed to account bound in the future.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon

End of story.

Don’t know why bring back old topic. -.-

in Crafting

xExitium.5198

Currently, legendary weapons are soulbound, although Dev Lindsey has hinted that they may be changed to account bound in the future.

End of story.

your ignorance…..it gave me aids.
http://upload.booncontrol.com/images/sunrisewat.jpg

Not sure if you did read carefully before hit quote.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

End of story.

i don’t think you know the difference between “soulbound on use” and “soulbound”

in Crafting

xExitium.5198

End of story.

i don’t think you know the difference between “soulbound on use” and “soulbound”

Then i don’t think you talking something that’s related to the thread anymore.
Moreover, I do know the different & sentence was directly copied from Official GW2 Wiki.

in Crafting

Ulquiorra.6903

End of story.

Then i don’t think you talking something that’s related to the thread anymore.
Moreover, I do know the different & sentence was directly copied from Official GW2 Wiki.

sigh…..
i feel as though u did not read this thread… no one here is asking weather a legendary is account bound the moment it is crafted, but rather the argument is over the fact that a legendary weapon is trad-able from the moment it is crafted, it is basically like any wep you make from the forge. the argument the op made is that it should be auto account bound and not be an item that can be mailed or posted in the trading post……..

in Crafting

xExitium.5198

Sigh.. that’s why I put that link & end this thread.
I know it’s tradeable now. But Dev Lindsey has hinted they may change into account bound in future, so no point keep talking about it anymore.
Unless, they change their mind again & not making it into account bound.

in Crafting

Rising Dusk.2408

There is a point to this thread. Users are asking to prioritize making it account bound, and there is a discussion revolving it about whether that’s a good plan or not. You coming in and posting a link to a wiki page which can be edited by anyone with access to the internet does not in any way end a thread.

in Crafting

Posted by: Solidius.5146

Solidius.5146

I think that Legendary Weapons should be account bound on use meaning that once you equip it you can use it over any of your own toons, unlike a normal exotic weapon the required amount of input to attain a Legendary should give this weapon special dispensation. This means that the oportunity to sell it is also there should you decide to just make 1 and sell it.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

that example is pretty unrealistic lol…..3 days at phlinx only? so u know for that to even be possible he would have had to have been at phlinx for literally 20-23 hours a day and not experience diminishing returns and always be at every single event on time all the time…………..lol k. if someone had the stamina balls and concentration and no other responsibility to do that then id say they deserve it.
- do you know how many tokens u get from a lv1 toon? lol….assuming some how he magically got 4 tokens every time (improbable) tht would mean for 20 straight hours no enemies showed up there and just 1 shotted him and that’s assuming it only took him 5min to finish it…. i need to find this magic server where this is possible. and even if it was this person is already " *grinding*" more than i would at any given moment.

world complete = idk atleast 1 week?
he had to do dungeons…..
not to mention have like i said over 300 skill points….. while tht might not be hard it still takes time.

also maybe some ppl exploited to get their legendary but dont say 99% did because that is not true, i know alot of ppl who did not…godskull was not the only way to be omni rich,…at the time the trading post was literally a gold mine….

in the end what difference does it make? if someone goes through the trouble of attaining a legendary they should be able to do w/e they want with it. its not like you are going to buy one anyways. if someone wants to throw their life savings away let them. instead there should be a visible title like world completion for creating a legendary out of the forge.. that way you know who bought their legendary and who made it.

Unrealistic? I tried his method, karma banner+karma booster, all DE tagged + grenth etc for 2 days. I had 70% of the karma needed for a legendary.
Yes, playing most of the day (12 -13 hours), not 24 hours straight at all, just a weekend of fun. Commitment, you know?
Just to add, my ex guildleader was one of the friend farming with him, as felony.
They truly farmed for a weekend and done. I, trying, can confirm. Worked.
Yes, i know very well how many badges a lv1/2 get opening the chest , as i said, is a matter of hours. Hey, speedbooster running to the chest, passing badges, and deleting is not that hard or long to do
And no, no enemies, the server was total pwness leading the entire wvw.
World complete? Ye he did during 1st week from prelaunch, playing smartly and fast,+craft + xp boosters + craft booster (fun, he found all boosters needed just opening 5 chests, keys dropped just to add, so fun huh) , he was soon 80 able to deal with all the map completition.
And dungeons, hehe. Smart guy with smart friends supporting him. They have their legendary too
Skillpoint? Xp booster + crafting booster (growing rapidly to 80 as explained) , skillpoint completing the map etc. As said, just a matter of a few days of work.
Then yes, the goldmine you mentioned. End of the story, he’s the “what i do today? Oh wait, i can ruin that gw2 lodestone price a bit and back to play halo 4 haha yeah. Lemme check the price of precursors, maybe i can grow em up of 100g more before logoff. Crap, noone sell legendaries, i should have crafted one and sell, doubling my pocket, poor stupid kids, they dream to be able to buy one”
I asked him if he was truly able to craft and sell a legendary on demand, the answer was “sure why not?”. I made this question to him 2 days ago, he added " Now we have vials +karma from dungeons etc, i don’t even need to do the DE farm anymore, easier life for mess the TP, deffo. Shards are even available doing fractals, i don’t need balthazar done anymore. I’m just waiting the marketing of legendaries on sale, then yeah, you will laugh looking how i will rise the price of everything of double/triple haha. Bro, buy x and x, it’s what i will ruin next week. Profit"

Nothing wrong, he was smart, and you will agree, 99% just made the same/similar cheating way. Not a player’s fault or shameful players. The fail, is the design at all.
Making precursors and legendary resellable instead of soulbound from beginning.
Guess, loads complained about it from weeks and weeks. Clearly, who was growing his pocket was well aware to post around “Everything is fine, don’t touch it”

p.s. oh i forgot to mention how fun is craft Eternity and get Eternity+ Sunrise again, fancy bug he passed me, haha, he gave the free sunrise to his buddy for fun , idk about eternity i guess he’s waiting to sell it for an extreme price

(oh yes, i have found even a video as proof of this bug, if someone is gonna attempt to post " i have eternity and it’s a lie" No idea if fixed, as much i know it isn’t)

in Crafting

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Unrealistic? I tried his method, karma banner+karma booster, all DE tagged + grenth etc for 2 days. I had 70% of the karma needed for a legendary.
Yes, playing most of the day (12 -13 hours), not 24 hours straight at all, just a weekend of fun. Commitment, you know?
Just to add, my ex guildleader was one of the friend farming with him, as felony.
They truly farmed for a weekend and done. I, trying, can confirm. Worked.
Yes, i know very well how many badges a lv1/2 get opening the chest , as i said, is a matter of hours. Hey, speedbooster running to the chest, passing badges, and deleting is not that hard or long to do
And no, no enemies, the server was total pwness leading the entire wvw.
World complete? Ye he did during 1st week from prelaunch, playing smartly and fast,+craft + xp boosters + craft booster (fun, he found all boosters needed just opening 5 chests, keys dropped just to add, so fun huh) , he was soon 80 able to deal with all the map completition.
And dungeons, hehe. Smart guy with smart friends supporting him. They have their legendary too
Skillpoint? Xp booster + crafting booster (growing rapidly to 80 as explained) , skillpoint completing the map etc. As said, just a matter of a few days of work.
Then yes, the goldmine you mentioned. End of the story, he’s the “what i do today? Oh wait, i can ruin that gw2 lodestone price a bit and back to play halo 4 haha yeah. Lemme check the price of precursors, maybe i can grow em up of 100g more before logoff. Crap, noone sell legendaries, i should have crafted one and sell, doubling my pocket, poor stupid kids, they dream to be able to buy one”
I asked him if he was truly able to craft and sell a legendary on demand, the answer was “sure why not?”. I made this question to him 2 days ago, he added " Now we have vials +karma from dungeons etc, i don’t even need to do the DE farm anymore, easier life for mess the TP, deffo. I’m jsut waiting the marketing of legendaries on sale"

Nothing wrong, he was smart, and you will agree, 99% just made the same/similar cheating way. Not a player’s fault or shameful players. The fail, is the design at all.
Making precursors and legendary resellable instead of soulbound from beginning.
Guess, loads complained about it from weeks and weeks. Clearly, who was growing his pocket was welll aware to post around “Everything is fine, don’t touch it”

Nice try lol. It’s impossible, trust me, I literally sat a weekend before Plinx farm died, and did the DE chain for about 12 hours with a small cereal break with karma boosters + 24 hour 15% karma boost + 5%karma banner boost. Doing events with and without DE almost nonstop and the most you can muster up is 15k in an hour, roughly. Maybe you can do 20k? But that’s a bit too much given that there are 9-10 events in Cursed Shore that is do-able in a chain. If you are even better at tagging, maybe 11-13.

Plinx has 5 parts + broodmother + pentinent camp + shelters camp + contestor veterans + contestor champ + skritt escort + tars + escort the tree spirit thing = 13

All boosters is 378 * 1.70 = 642.6 per event w/o DR which is 8358.3. Given my experiences, you can do all of these events twice, roughly within an hour if it’s set up well aka ppl start it in in order and not simultaneously because you’ll miss some events trying to get credit for it and running/waypointing to get to others if they are happening at the same time. That’s about 17kish karma.

If you farmed 12-13 hours * 2 days and had 70% of karma needed for legendary, that’s impossible. 13 * 17 = 221 * 2 = 442k karma. Cool bro, you made half of the karma for a legendary given that you had really good tagging + NO DR + not time for anything else except farming during those hours. You do realize legendaries require 525k + ??k karma due to mystic clovers right? On average, it’s 1mil karma total. Which you cannot make with 2 days at 13 hours commitment. Bump it up to 24hours/day for 2-3 days with no DR. Sure, I’ll believe you then. I farmed for karma myself, pretty hardcore, quit making stuff up on people who may or may not be trolling you with how much gold/power they have. And 1000g is not enough to control anything, especially precursors.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Crafting

ArcTheFallen.7682

Also, agree with you on WvW badges and most of the things you said, but sorry to say karma is one of my expertise, and you are absolutely wrong.

Edit: have no idea what you are talking about with the eternity/whatnot

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Maybe i’m wrong, but you wrote, accordingly to your math 221*2=442k karma. Of 525k. Yess, mystic clovers adds the amount a bit more because of the lucky strike. Which you know, sometimes doesn’t need 1mil, sometimes luck strike your back and you get everything soon. A hint, do the 1, not the 10 attempt

Oh just to add: did i mention on my post he did map completition with karma booster+karma banner all the time? Hearts gives karma. Boosted. Plus special events in the middle. When he was at the “let’s do the karma farm” he wasn’t for sure from 0, nor me when i tried his method.
Which you will agree, playing as explained (and detailed now) , well, it wasn’t that much hard task

p.s. 1500g was weeks ago, before the lost shores event farm. Now he’s way more rich hehe

Arcthefallen, do you want to see the video? It’s on youtube

p.s. ouch i forgot the lv65 rares ecto farm using TP at beginning before the patch, he got loads of ectos, and people was selling them for a few silvers haha
Did i mention the overflow cheat for gathering?

in Crafting

ArcTheFallen.7682

Maybe i’m wrong, but you wrote, accordingly to your math 221*2=442k karma. Of 525k. Yess, mystic clovers adds the amount a bit more because of the lucky strike. Which you know, sometimes doesn’t need 1mil, sometimes luck strike your back and you get everything soon. A hint, do the 1, not the 10 attempt

Oh just to add: did i mention on my post he did map completition with karma booster+karma banner all the time? Hearts gives karma. Boosted. Plus special events in the middle. When he was at the “let’s do the karma farm” he wasn’t for sure from 0, nor i when i tried his method.
Which you will agree, playing as explined (and detailed now) , well, it wasn’t that much hard task

p.s. 1500g was weeks ago, before the lost shores event farm. Now he’s way more rich hehe

Arcthefallen, do you want to see the video? It’s on youtube

p.s. ouch i forgot the lv65 rare ecto farm using TP at beginning before the patch, he got loads of ectos, and people was selling them for a few silvers haha

First, you never said he used karma boosters while traveling. And you CANNOT discount that from karma farming. In most people’s scenarios, people start off with less than 100k karma when they decide to farm because they don’t think that far—And no, it’s not their fault and this guy isn’t much smart in doing so, he just knew what he wanted faster. So maybe he did do it more efficiently. But my number stands correct, he cannot have done all of that in 2 days with 13 hours. There is no way he could’ve avoided DR and made perfect tags (because DEs are controlled by people who start them) and there’s no way he could’ve made 100% clovers using the 1 mystic clover method. That’s a loss of 2100 karma per miss which is equivalent to 3-4 DEs with all the karma boosters.

I do not know what you are trying to tell me; I’m telling you its impossible to do it in such a short time frame as 2 days given 13 hours straight. No one is that perfect and the game itself does not allow it.

As for the money, whatever, nothing in the market today is outside of my reach with longterm goals. Even if said person X is manipulating the market, it’s not scaring me away from it and I’ve witnessed, at least with the stuff I’ve been buying, a good drop in some prices.

in Crafting

ArcTheFallen.7682

Anyways, back on topic. I’m indifferent about their bounds, but they should definitely not be sellable. IMO, character-wise, it makes sense for one character to have it since they are the ones who ‘earned’ per say. But I can undeerstand why gameplay-wise, it’s pretty annoying. I wouldn’t mind either, but I feel like it’s okay the way it is now.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

DR didn’t exists. (pro karma farmers should be well aware of the method to reset the DR and back, right? )
And i said all the time he used boosters all the time for every task.
Guess he was a bit more than 100k, didn’t ask. Oh, i said a weekend, not 2 days. 3 days, friday, saturday sunday. Try the math again. Guess was lucky days loads of people was doing DE farm, who knows There is no way he could’ve made 100%? when i said he did a perfect strike with 525k karma..?

Sure, i don’t care of him too. But don’t be surprised if “mortals” wonder why T6 mats have that so high price, whine around about how some weapons or other stuff are so unreachable, what is going on on the TP
Well ok, let’s add the droprate. Smart players bough loads when price was low, laying on them now
“Bots bots, goldsellers it’s them. Now anet get rid of them, we are safe”
Opps, you’re wrong.

As i said, precursors and legendaries must be updated as soulbound and every weapon on tp removed (clearly the owner who put them must be able to reclaim them going to talk with NPC). Ah right, guess some will whine about the money lost for the fee putting that price.. now guess who are they..
If well planned, the owner will find his precursor able to be reclaimed, with fee refunded. Just a matter of send a couple Anet emplyee to take care of it, do a formal statement about the change and open to refund the fee. Argh wait.. wrong game?

in Crafting

ArcTheFallen.7682

DR didn’t exists. (pro karma farmers should be well aware of the method to reset the DR and back, right? )
And i said all the time he used boosters all the time for every task.
Guess he was a bit more than 100k, didn’t ask. Oh, i said a weekend, not 2 days. 3 days, friday, saturday sunday. Try the math again. Guess was lucky days loads of people was doing DE farm, who knows There is no way he could’ve made 100%? when i said he did a perfect strike with 525k karma..?

Sure, i don’t care of him too. But don’t be surprised if “mortals” wonder why T6 mats have that so high price, whine around about how some weapons or other stuff are so unreachable, what is going on on the TP
Well ok, let’s add the droprate. Smart players bough loads when price was low, laying on them now

As i said, precursors and legendaries must be updated as soulbound and every weapon on tp removed (clearly the owner who put them must be able to reclaim them going to talk with NPC). Ah right, guess some will whine about the money lost for the fee putting that price.. now guess who are they..

Dude, read your post again, and tell me you didn’t make it sound like he was almighty in his ways of the karma farm. Also it is unrealistic today, I don’t know why you would mention things that don’t exist nowadays given that they have been fixed. But I agree with the soulbound position. It’d save a lot of trouble on who deserves what because it’d be less of a pay2win scenario with the precursor/legendary at the disposal of gold coins.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

The point was how senseless is from day1 the precursors and legendaries as BoE.
IF they was soulbound from pre launch ( or just patched in time before all i wrote was possible) now the game would have been so much different.
Still, if finally they will be soulbound with a future patch, something can still be saved. But ye, we cannot get rid of some uberrich players who abused of the system.
Sadly, most of what i wrote is still possible, not everything disappeared. Some is even easier, like karma or shards or ectos.
We all know how good would be this game if they just disappear from the TP as soulbound. We will see a patch about it? Uhm..

in Crafting

Posted by: Talyjta.9081

Talyjta.9081

I’m indifferent about their bounds, but they should definitely not be sellable.

Why not? That would at least make crafting a bit more rewarding… for people like me, e.g., who don’t like the skin of any of them. But making some profit from them would give them at least a little bit of sense. Or – what probably I would prefer – make them a present to someone else who is more fond of them.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

And who is your buyer, and how much you will ask, for sell them? A mail of 1500g, TP or what

in Crafting

ArcTheFallen.7682

If your problem is profiting from crafting, that’s a whole new issue. Legendary shouldn’t be your salvation. The price anyone would put a legendary is ridiculous and only those who either no-life gold farm or ‘cheat’ and get gold from gems—-or even worse, buy gold from gold sellers will be able to get them. I have seen quite the number of legendaries out there, and I’m kind of skepticial that most of them got them legitly, especially this late into the game.

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

But then, what’s the point of trying to prevent something – if it’s already too late? And I could bet that there will be exploits at all times.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

If the system is implemented as i explained, a path, everything soulbound, mats too, no exploit at all. Do this, go there, bring this to him. 250 ectos needed for future legendary, soulbound not reusable/resellable for no other purpose than legendary craft as reward. With a comment “Used to craft legendary weapons”. Then the same with lode/any other mat etc. As you see, the currently existing content is untouched, using content and npc currently online and “dead” (npc just there, we have loads of them around the world) a matter of a tiny patch, just “tagged” appropriately to be a big, long, beautiful adventure for who is so fond and worthy to wield a legendary weapon. Not just a stupid cheater who abused of the system, as i perfectly explained yet.

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

But still: it’s too late now, and, well, the system that’s immun against exploits is still to be found…
There’s a gap between theory and practice.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

There is not purpose at all to exploit it following my post. It’s a personal achievement, reward is in a mail soulbound and for legendary only, you cheat yourself, you don’t abuse of the system nor other people’s money nor anything requiring cheats.
I guess they gave the legendary design to the wrong hands from beginning.

in Crafting

Posted by: taomang.2183

taomang.2183

A “Legendary” isn’t anything but a grade/rarity of an item. Just like in any other game. I don’t see any reason why someone shouldn’t just sell it and someone else with enough gold buy it.
It’s how everything works in this game anyway.

“You can either farm materials, or farm gold and buy things with gold from the TP.”

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Looking forward to sell the weapon for 1500/2000g and be banned because a transaction with a goldseller XD

in Crafting

Talyjta.9081

And? Things like that can always happen… that’s not linked to “legendary” equip.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

Met a guy with twilight in WvW I can fully assure you he has no mastery of the game. lmao

in Crafting

Posted by: Senzox.2850

Senzox.2850

TBH if Anet do decide to make legendary sell-able I guarantee you there will be another group of people posting the exact opposite version of this post, complaining. Anet will never be able to please all the players when it comes to such issue, so it is better just stick with what you are given.
Not saying you should not have your own opinion of the game, but such topic is rather pointless due to the fact there are two contrasting idea from the player base.

in Crafting

Malediktus.9250

Met a guy with twilight in WvW I can fully assure you he has no mastery of the game. lmao

QFT
I met so many bad players with a legendary already.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Considering is cheat based, not a big surprise, i have plently times a legendary weapon guy on my pug, playing like a DE zerg. Asking him what happens, he never saw any dungeon more than the one needed for the gift using fast skip/exploits, not so fond about pve, mostly wvw (such of skillbased environment deffo XD )