In need of vanilla beans?

in Crafting

Posted by: katsu.6431

katsu.6431

Hey guys over the last few days i spent a bit farming for vanilia beans with little to no luck besides the starting zones but as of today it would seem that the drop rate for them has been increased! (happy days right?), i’ve dotted down a great spot in mout maelstrom 60-70 zone (sorry i haven’t found a low zone yet for them) reason why this place is so good is because there’s barely any veggies though this may not be useful i thought it would be good for those that are lost and a bonus is you can also pick up cloves that are worth a decent amount

Here’s the map i would suggest you be at least mid 60 another thing is at the very bottom there’s a artichokes patch but it’s guarded by a 67 vet!.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: blink.5274

blink.5274

Thanks! Since the vanilla bean change I have run out and was having little to no luck finding any. This helps a lot.

in Crafting

katsu.6431

anytime! next on the list is finding an good spot for chill pepper.

in Crafting

Posted by: tmakinen.1048

tmakinen.1048

I’ve had a decent yield of Vanilla Beans from herb nodes both in Metrica Province and Caledon Forest. Because of the gathering tool pricing structure it wouldn’t appear to be economically viable to use higher level nodes if Vanilla Beans are the only ingredient that is sought for.

tmakinen of [SoF]

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystfit.8309

Mystfit.8309

I’ve spent today in both those places (besides leveling there and doing a full map clear of hearts and such) and have no vanilla beans to call my own 1 silver on broker

in Crafting

katsu.6431

That’s odd you didn’t run into any vendant or mature herbs the whole time? i’m on blackgate and i noticed that they started to spawn in different spots but are still in the same areas.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystfit.8309

Mystfit.8309

Well, since I have no clue what Vendant or Mature herbs are, perhaps that’s my problem?

in Crafting

katsu.6431

haha those are the higher tier herb seedings that you can find beans cloves a few other herbs in the 60+ zones try looking around for those and let me know.

in Crafting

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

How it’s working is that for herb spawns and root spawns, you can get seemingly any herb/root from that node that is of the proper level or lower, provided the climate is right in the zone.

You can get vanilla in tropical zones of basically any level, from Verdant Herbs or below.

Meanwhile you can ONLY get Tarragon from verdant herbs. So just a good thing tarragon isn’t in demand like vanilla or even worse, coriander.

Coriander is more expensive than Orichalcum ore, because it’s rarer and is used to make unidentified grey dyes. You can pretty much only farm it in Bloodtide coast and you usually come out with maybe 2-3 Coriander seeds walking through the entire area.

I suppose you can get lucky with verdant nodes in Mount Maelstrom or Sparkfly swamp, but you’re as likely to get Tarragon or Cloves or Black Peppercorn, or Vanilla Beans, or hey, Garlic, which is in any herb node anywhere.

The shared spawns SUCK.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

in Crafting

Posted by: Kelly.7019

Kelly.7019

Does anyone know of any website like Orrmaps.com but for the rest of Tyria? Yes nodes respawn and reset at each server reset. But I’m looking for a map you can make yourself like orrmaps. You can mark yourself then jump on alts and run same route would be more simple. There are some world node maps, but i believe those are very outdated. Any ideas?

Yo, Ho, all together, raise the colors high,
Yo, Ho, thieves and beggars, never shall we die

in Crafting

Posted by: Valin.4527

Valin.4527

I’ve been getting a few in the WvW borderland maps, just saying if you happen to PvP don’t forget there are harvestables out there….

-A man of many Valins [KONG]