In regards to legendary update

in Crafting

Posted by: NinjaBreadMan.8926

NinjaBreadMan.8926

I know tons of people have more than one of same legendary one hander(2x bolt. 2x quip 2x incinerator etc…). With regard to the legendary update, would it make sense to supply titles to those who have gone and crafted 2 just to set them apart from those who can now have 2 shown for the price of one? Not to feel entitled in any sense of the word but just as a sentiment to those who have dedicated time and gold to this goal. It seems like a straightforward implementation.

TL;DR give people who have equipped 2x bolt/quip/incinerator/moot/frostfang a distinct title

sorry if this is not posted in the right section.

Maguuma: Good Fights
Incinerary: 80 Elementalist S/d Glass 0/30/0/20/20 D/d Bunker 0/20/0/20/30

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

They don’t lose anything from the update, no matter how many of these threads appear this does not mean they deserve any compensation. With your logic, everybody in the game who has bought 2+ skins deserves something for “compensation” even though they lose absolutely nothing.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

NinjaBreadMan.8926

you say they lose nothing but they gain less compared to others. The argument im trying to make is that it doesn’t matter if these are just skins they still cost a ridiculous amount of gold or take a ridiculous amount of time to acquire and the fact that no one will know now how hard you worked compared to others that have worked less for one is not acceptable. Its like the only reason u wanna argue is because you can buy a legendary and technically dont have to work for one. Is it too pay to win to give titles for something you can buy?

in Crafting

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Gain less? They gain the same. They can still withdraw as many skins as their charges allow them. The second weapon still has it’s stat changing functionality, as well as being BIS if ever a tier above ascended is released.

Where is the line drawn. What if I have 3 Ghastly Grinning Shields. Their peak is higher than FSP has ever been. Do I deserve a pretty title for that? Infinite Light is expensive too, what if I dual wield those. Say I have multiple Mjolnir. or Chainsaw skins.

People who were happy to purchase/craft 2 Legendaries deemed it worthwhile at the time. Asking for compensation every update is ludicrous. Shall I expect compensations when a new Legendary Spear is released that is cooler than my Kamohoali’i? No.

Besides, all in game items are the property of NCSoft and ArenaNet. Players deserve nothing.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sennis.9604

Sennis.9604

Their reward is being able to swap stats at will….

in Crafting

NinjaBreadMan.8926

Nice arbitrary example and people dont make legendaries for the stats… I made 2 before they were bumped up to ascended. Lets get it straight legendaries are for the skins and having made 2 and equipped 2 =u got shafted to kitten compared to others who can now have your look for less work. No point

in Crafting

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

You forget the best point Flissy made:

Where is the line drawn. What if I have 3 Ghastly Grinning Shields. Their peak is higher than FSP has ever been. Do I deserve a pretty title for that? Infinite Light is expensive too, what if I dual wield those. Say I have multiple Mjolnir. or Chainsaw skins.

If they will compensate 1 group of players, another will pop up and demand compensation for their double skins. The examples provided should say enough and yes those skins are cheaper than a Legendary (mostly,) but those skins are still a fair amount of effort. Everyone loses value in their belongings to some extend (unless there is some person out there with no double skins what-so-ever.) But no-one loses what they worked for, what they’ve enjoyed for a while until the patch hits. It’s not like they take away your Legendary and donate it to some poor orphan. (Even if they did, it’s their property and they can do what-ever they want, a safety precausion in any terms of agreement.)

They improved their game, possibly a bit late, but in a few months everyone will have benefited from it in some way or another. Maybe by then you’re the one double-wielding a real + fake Bolt along-side with your real and another real Incinerator.

How-ever if they give out some title for double Legendary owners I won’t complain. I’d be quite happy even. I’d just find it a bit ridicilous and don’t support the idea of compensation when all they do is improve their game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gwarrior.4952

Gwarrior.4952

U r asking too much for a title.
Suppose a title would be rewarded for 2 same L weapons, it would change the reward system entirely because that would be look like Anet encourage players to get 2 exact same L weapon. It would be ridiculous for Anet of what they are trying to do now.
Plus, the benefit of a L weapon has been pointed out before: change ur stats combination as u wish.

Grind, grind and more grind.

in Crafting

Posted by: ungascarlo.7459

ungascarlo.7459

Gain less? They gain the same. They can still withdraw as many skins as their charges allow them. The second weapon still has it’s stat changing functionality, as well as being BIS if ever a tier above ascended is released.

People who were happy to purchase/craft 2 Legendaries deemed it worthwhile at the time. Asking for compensation every update is ludicrous. Shall I expect compensations when a new Legendary Spear is released that is cooler than my Kamohoali’i? No.

Besides, all in game items are the property of NCSoft and ArenaNet. Players deserve nothing.

this one sums it all up