Infusion/Agony Resistance in 25th Nov update

in Crafting

Posted by: NightDreaming.8670

NightDreaming.8670

The latest patch update of 26th November includes changes around Agony resistance and infusions, but it’s not clear what it actually means.

“All infused ascended equipment now has a special infusion slot for Agony Resistance infusions”
All my ascended items had an infusion slot already. Does this mean there will now be two infusion slots, with one of them specifically reserved for Agony Resistance and the other reserved for whatever infusion we care to put in?
Will this be applied retrospectively to existing ascended equipment?

“All existing, infused ascended equipment has a +5 Agony Resistance infusion in the Agony Resistance slot by default, in place of the natural +5 Agony Resistance”
What is a “natural +5 Agony Resistance”
My equipment includes fine infusions that have +5 agony resistance. Is that affected in some way?

“Artificers can combine two identical Agony Resistance infusions with a Thermocatalytic Reagent to create a single, more powerful Agony Resistance infusion.”
What happens to the Fine infusions I have that already come with agony resistance?

Also, does this mean that new ascended items as of this update can now become more powerful (i.e. have greater agony resistance) than the already existing ascended equipment?

Sorry guys but the explanations around this bit of the upgrade is really confusing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

from what they described, I would guess this will be what happens:
Solaria (infused) with 5 AR / 5 power infusion (total of 10 AR) will become:
Solaria (infused) with 5 power infusion and 5 AR infusion (total of 10 AR)
It sounds like if you find two 5 AR infusions, you can combine them with artificer to make a 6 AR infusion, which you can then replace that old 5 AR infusion with, and retain the 5 power infusion.
I’m curious what they’ll do with a Sunrise that has two 5 AR / 5 power infusions in it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

from what they described, I would guess this will be what happens:
Solaria (infused) with 5 AR / 5 power infusion (total of 10 AR) will become:
Solaria (infused) with 5 power infusion and 5 AR infusion (total of 10 AR)
It sounds like if you find two 5 AR infusions, you can combine them with artificer to make a 6 AR infusion, which you can then replace that old 5 AR infusion with, and retain the 5 power infusion.
I’m curious what they’ll do with a Sunrise that has two 5 AR / 5 power infusions in it.

Mostly this. The only thing they did was move the +5 AR you get when infusing and made it a slot. Nothing else changed.

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

do legendary weapons have 2 infusion slots and 2 AR slots?
also, in a way this kinda demotes previous AR/stat infusions
before: 5 AR / 5 power infusion = 50g
now: 5 AR infusion = grind, 5 power infusion = 5 laurel
point being that if you went with a cheap 5 AR infusion before, it would only cost you 5 laurel to get what 50g got you before. multiply by (ring + ring + acc + acc + amulet + back + weapon = ) 8 infusions, and that’s the difference between 400g and 40 laurel.

in Crafting

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

do legendary weapons have 2 infusion slots and 2 AR slots?
also, in a way this kinda demotes previous AR/stat infusions
before: 5 AR / 5 power infusion = 50g
now: 5 AR infusion = grind, 5 power infusion = 5 laurel
point being that if you went with a cheap 5 AR infusion before, it would only cost you 5 laurel to get what 50g got you before. multiply by (ring + ring + acc + acc + amulet + back + weapon = ) 8 infusions, and that’s the difference between 400g and 40 laurel.

Legendaries only have the infusion slots, no agony slots. You gain the agony slots by doing the infusion process via the essences and forge.

in Crafting

Mystic.5934

well, I have my answer.
infusion slot is for any infusion (even infusions with AR). legendary greatsword has 2 of these, trinkets and back have 1.
agony slot replaces “infused” part of items, so a “lunaria (infused)” has an agony slot while “lunaria” does not. either of these rings could still have an infusion that has AR.

in Crafting

Posted by: NightDreaming.8670

NightDreaming.8670

Yeah I have mine too – agony infusion above resistance +5 is now available with new infusions.

Who else remembers all the lies from ANET about not introducing gear grind.

Sigh.

(edited by NightDreaming.8670)