Iron Chef Tyria

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

You chefs ready for a competition? I’m going to name a secret ingredient. This ingredient is not currently featured in the game. You must combine this ingredient with between two and four other existing ingredients to create a new dish. You can submit three dishes. If this garners any interest, I’ll declare a winner for tastiest sounding dish sometime Sunday or Monday then reveal the next secret ingredient.

Today’s secret ingredient is: Slab of White Meat

Sample Entry

Grilled Pork Chop
– Slab of White Meat
– Pile of Salt and Pepper

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

Inspired by the actual tasty dish:

Lemon Chicken
- Slab of White Meat
- Bottle of Lemon Sauce
- Flour (for breading)

Bottle of Lemon Sauce
- Lemon
- Jar of vegetable oil

Chocolate Chicken Pasta
- Pasta Noodle
- Slab of White Meat
- Chocolate Bar
- Jar of Tangy Sauce

Jar of Tangy Sauce
- Cinnamon
- Pile of Tangy Seasoning
- Cumin

Adobo (Filipino Traditional dish)
- Slab of White Meat (this time, as pork)
- Vinegar
- Bottle of Soy Sauce
- Pile of Adobo Seasoning

Pile of Adobo Seasoning
- Sugar
- Black Peppercorn
- Bay leaves
- Head of Garlic

:D

They’re mostly real dishes :p I’m particularly proud of the third entry. I’m sure other Filipinos here in forums can attest to the goodness of Adobo (in real life :p) I’m also sorry I had to invent some intermediate ingredients. I hope that’s ok :|

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

darkace.8925

This went nowhere. I suppose you win, penatbater; congratulations.

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

It’s an interesting idea, but “slab of white meat” isn’t a very inspiring ingredient. White fish fillet, mustard, chunk of crab meat, pineapple, shark steak, peas, … I could probably come up with a few more that aren’t so close to poultry.

It might be interesting to take an ingredient already in the game – there are a bunch that only have a couple recipes.

Nut butter (oil + almonds) + loaf of bread + grape pie filling = a GW2 style PB&J add a glass of buttermilk an you have yourself a nice lunch

Seasoned bread crumbs (loaf of bread + parsley + oregano) + clams + lemon = stuffed clams.

Mayo (Eggs + oil + lemon) + eggs + green onions + loaf of bread = egg salad sandwich

Hmm I think that fresh bread and spicy capacolla I bought earlier has got me stuck on sandwiches. Anyhow, you get the idea.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

darkace.8925

I could probably come up with a few more that aren’t so close to poultry.

I had in mind “pork” when I made the thread, and was hoping for pork chops, glazed pork loins, bacon on everything, etc. But you’re right, there are certainly plenty of ingredients in the game with too few recipes (I’m looking at you, grapes).

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I could probably come up with a few more that aren’t so close to poultry.

I had in mind “pork” when I made the thread, and was hoping for pork chops, glazed pork loins, bacon on everything, etc. But you’re right, there are certainly plenty of ingredients in the game with too few recipes (I’m looking at you, grapes).

Oh, I see where you were headed. The thread may have gotten more response if it was a bit more open ended… or maybe not. I think the folks that take up cooking for the fun of it are vastly out numbered on the forums by the folks that do it to level quickly.

And here’s my contribution to fix the grape recipe deficiency :
Mayo (or sour cream I suppose) + grapes + poultry + walnuts = chicken salad

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

darkace.8925

I think the folks that take up cooking for the fun of it are vastly out numbered on the forums by the folks that do it to level quickly.

Sadly, I get the same feeling every aspect of this game, from crafting to exploring, is viewed as a blur to be blown by on the way to “end-game” by the majority of players.

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

Posted by: Fildydarie.1496

Fildydarie.1496

I think the folks that take up cooking for the fun of it are vastly out numbered on the forums by the folks that do it to level quickly.

Sadly, I get the same feeling every aspect of this game, from crafting to exploring, is viewed as a blur to be blown by on the way to “end-game” by the majority of players.

Majority of the vocal players, perhaps.

The people that enjoy playing the game spend more time in-game than on the forums. The people that want the game to be something different come to the forums to gripe.

I’m only here because the alternative is dealing with my boss—once I go home, I log in and forget about the forums.

In my house, when I ask the family what they want for dinner (or when I am asked that) the response is generally a link to a recipie on the GW2 wiki. Krytan Meatball Dinner is a family favorite.

So take heart that you’re not alone. The forums, however, aren’t always the best place for such activities. Fan sites might have a better turnout.

(for what its worth, I didn’t reply because I wasn’t as active on the forums at the time it was posted)

-Fildydarie
Hutchmistress of the Fluffy Bunny Brigade [FBB]

Iron Chef Tyria

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

“Successful” or not, this thread did make me hungry .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.