Is It Possible To Create Precursors By Forging Random Level 80 Weapon Types?

in Crafting

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

I know it’s possible to create precursors by throwing like weapon types into the Mystic Forge and the quality of those 4 items increases the output chance. However, I was wondering if it was equally possible to forge precursors by throwing in any random items? Such as a torch, a trident, a sword and a dagger (or any 4 completely random combinations).

I’ve forged randoms thousands of times and I’ve gotten all kinds of exotics in the past in but the only time i’ve ever been lucky enough to get a precursor was when I threw 4 shields in and got out The Chosen.

Do you think it’s possible? And does throwing random weapon types in reduce or increase the chances of getting any type of precursor compared to throwing in only one type of weapon and hoping to get that single type of precursor?

in Crafting

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

Yes, you can get a precursor by throwing weapons of different types into the Forge, but it can be any precursor – including the ones that people don’t want much and are only worth ~50g.

As for the odds of a precursor, that’s very difficult to say. My guess would be that the odds of a precursor in general would be pretty much the same as with specific weapon types, but of course the odds of getting any specific precursor would be much lower.

One advantage of random weapons is that if you’re throwing exotics in you can use a Mystic Forge Stone instead of one of them, which is cheaper at current gold:gem rates.

Overall, I’d say it probably isn’t worthwhile, because too many of the precursors you can get out of it aren’t worth that much.

in Crafting

Posted by: Atramentous.1923

Atramentous.1923

Indeed you can get pre-cursors by combining variety of weapons and mystic forge stones.

treborIRL – in case you did not notice, Trading Post is game-wise, meaning all servers share it (there isn’t anything like server-specific Trading Post)… And also, the least wanted pre-cursors are indeed very cheap – Rage of Rage for example (for legendary speargun) is 35g ~.

in Crafting

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

precursor for 50g?? lol WHERE? everything on my server is 100g+ or even 200g+

Cause its not like the trading post is world wide wait it is. The water weapon precursors go for like 50g have been for a while.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}