Is crafting worth it?

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: misterDEAN.3027

misterDEAN.3027

Just started playing. Crafting in wow wasnt fun. It was a chore. A time sink. It required a ton of gold. And since your character levels faster than your crafting the stuff you crafted was useless and people only did it for max level buffs. What is crafting like in GW2? Can a new player with no gold keep his crafting level appropriate with character level? Im thinking chef and jeweler for buffs and accessories. If i start to level those two can i swap them for other professions and maintain the crafting level?

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Tetriandoch.6145

Tetriandoch.6145

Crafting is nice: it levels your char too, you can make and sell some items that are quite worthy on the market (provided you already have some of the mats required to decrease your own cost), you can have all professions (with a small cost in order to swap through them) and most importantly you can look cool with higher tiers stuff!
The catch is that there are tons of alternative ways to acquire higher tiers stuff, mostly tokens from dungeons or WvW or Fractals: they require more time of course, but crafting requires more gold…. It’s up to you.
I don’t particularly like to use it, since I’m not a very hc gamer, but with the recent release of new gear, I’m giving it a second look…
Enjoy your time in GW2!

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Barfoi.9537

Barfoi.9537

What is crafting like in GW2?

It’s probably best to learn for yourself. What one thinks is a chore, or a time-sink, for example, could be quite the opposite for another.

I enjoyed leveling and keeping my crafts on-par during the process when I first started on release, but I do things much differently now, and enjoy them less as such. Ignorance is bless, they say. ;P

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Paciunek.2496

Paciunek.2496

I think it’s not Worth it. But it’s something you can do to level up faster, and get ascended gear at 80 if you’ll need it.
Chef can be always useful, as for jeweler – it depends, but mats are more expensive than item, and it’s the least useful crafting because ascended accesories can only be bought for laurels/fractal relics/guild commendations. For leveling, it’s better to buy stuff from TP or from hearts vendors. Even champion loot bags are better, because it always drop green items with runes for your actual level.

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Faranox.4217

Faranox.4217

Give it a shot. If you get to 500 all the ascended crafting material might actually be useful to you instead of garbage you have to destroy.

Chops Mcgee, of Anvil Rock

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Just started playing. Crafting in wow wasnt fun. It was a chore. A time sink. It required a ton of gold. And since your character levels faster than your crafting the stuff you crafted was useless and people only did it for max level buffs. What is crafting like in GW2? Can a new player with no gold keep his crafting level appropriate with character level? Im thinking chef and jeweler for buffs and accessories. If i start to level those two can i swap them for other professions and maintain the crafting level?

Sounds like WoW crafting is pretty much the same as GW2 crafting (never played WoW). Unless you buy mats on the TP, you’ll always out level your crafting level.

You can swap crafting levels and keep your old levels.. but it will cost a fee to switch back. The amount you have to pay depends on the level you’re switching to.

Personally, IMO, crafting is the worst part of the game. The process of crafting is tedious and repetitive but at this point necessary because it’s the only way to get max stats weapons and armor.

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

crafting is ok in this game and can be even called fun – only the ui suck hard and everything is jsut a list you always have to scroll through to find something

would love when they give crafting ui the archievement ui and refine it a bit with hotbuttons at top for categories

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

crafting is ok in this game and can be even called fun – only the ui suck hard and everything is jsut a list you always have to scroll through to find something

would love when they give crafting ui the archievement ui and refine it a bit with hotbuttons at top for categories

I’d like to see one-click-crafting. You click on the item and it crafts all intermediates, as well as the item, automatically. Doing all those intermediate steps yourself can’t really be called gameplay anyway.

Is crafting worth it?

in Crafting

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

ye and i would love to can popout the recipe like an archievement and show me the materials i still need

would be soooo coool^^