Is it ok to skip crafting?

in Crafting

Posted by: PrinceCola.5620

PrinceCola.5620

Hello. I was just wondering if i will be punished for crafting after i reach the level cap? I honestly just want to level and explore. The crafting system is something i don’t like and don’t understand. But then again that is not just GW2, i usually skip crafting in all the MMOs i have played. But will i be punished for it in GW2? I heard it gives exp, but do i really need that? Can i not level by just questing

in Crafting

Posted by: Uther Deathhand.1570

Uther Deathhand.1570

You certainly can skip it. While it does give exp when you craft you don’t need it.

Work for a cause, not for applause.
Live life to express, not to impress.
Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt. ~ unknown

in Crafting

Posted by: Mistro.3059

Mistro.3059

You will probably want to craft when you hit 80 to get the max level gear, otherwise it will be a rare drop (ascended weapons, and armor later this year). Otherwise it is cheaper to get equipment from the auction house.

On the other hand though, you can level faster by crafting if you have the cash, and there are guides on http://gw2crafts.net/ that make leveling crafts a breeze, just don’t refresh the page as it updates to the cheapest possible, which may be different by the time you buy the mats.

(edited by Mistro.3059)

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

At first glance Ascended weapons seem to be turning the game into World of CraftCraft

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Crafting

PrinceCola.5620

I don’t know what Ascended weapons are. And i don’t have any money since i don’t have any high level characters

in Crafting

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Crafting and the Storyline will level you really quick. Leveling 2 crafting profession on a single character nets you roughly 20 levels just by itself.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I don’t know what Ascended weapons are. And i don’t have any money since i don’t have any high level characters

They’ll be the strongest weapons (along with legendary weapons). It looks like it’ll be very expensive (or time consuming) though.

You don’t need to craft though. You can do everything in this game in exotics np (thus far).

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

PrinceCola.5620

Crafting and the Storyline will level you really quick. Leveling 2 crafting profession on a single character nets you roughly 20 levels just by itself.

But crafting is really confusing. I don’t understand how it works. Yes, i have read guides but is still find the system confusing. I just wish it was like normal crafting

in Crafting

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

You definitely do not have to craft anything. I purchsed all my exotics with gold or karma. I found crafting boring and confusing but just decided to do it now for achievement points. I’m using gw2crafts.net and it is awesome and makes it way easier.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Crafting

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Yeah, don’t bother with crafting till you hit level 80. You should have some mats and gold by then to do it if you decide to. Use a guide like this

always current crafting guide

It will get you to level 400 at least. It tells you exactly what to buy or have and what items to craft for the cheapest amount.