Is it possible to get 13+ levels from a single 0-400 craft?

in Crafting

Posted by: Coldviper.6794

Coldviper.6794

I’ve on several occasions read and heard people make claims to gaining more than 10 levels per craft. But I don’t understand how it’s possible. Am I missing some element here? Because everytime I’ve done it under ideal conditions, with craft booster, and over 20% bonus from WvW and I’ve never gone over 10 levels. Honestly I think it’s questionable if I’m actually even getting 10 full levels, feels more like 9 or 9 1/2.

Is there something besides the booster and wvw that I’m missing? Or are these 10+ level claims bogus?

[TW]Furion Zax – The Juggernaut Hammer Warrior

in Crafting

Posted by: Sinner.9367

Sinner.9367

It might depend on your level, as I hate the first 20 to 30 level on most professions and I was still missing cooking for my 8 400 professions, I decided it was time to do it.

I started at level 2 and ended up at level 24 with 37x on artificing and 400 cooking, I used a crafting booster but as it was saturday evening there was no noteworthy bonus from wvwvw.

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Very possible, but you need to be low leveled. Not sure how much crafting boosters affect it since you get a given amount of xp per crafting level, but anywho, here’s my experience:
Lvl 2 Sylvari: 0-400 Cooking → Lvl 16
Lvl 9 Asura: 25-400 Leatherworker → Lvl 20

Both times I used a crafting booster (not sure about WvW bonuses though), and I don’t recall how far along the current level I was when I began but it is very possible to get 13+ if you’re low leveled. I’d say it’s nigh impossible if your char is already level 30+ or so since the xp may not be enough to level you.

Now that I look at it, the 10 levels per craft claim is probably just an estimate since you get more if low leveled, and less if higher leveled. I’m starting to get curious what other people have seen now :P

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Posted by: Skar Hand.5037

Skar Hand.5037

I believe that the level scaling is somewhat different at lower levels. I maxed 2 crafting profession on three alts that were freshly created. All they did was the intro quest and port to LA. After maxing 1 profession they were each lvl 16 after 2 maxed lvl 26.

You get enough experience for 10 levels normally, but i think that while you are low level it takes less to go from 2-3, 3-4 etc (keep in mind it does scale, still just differently).

I didn’t do any testing to check my theories really; just what I noticed while crafting on low level characters.

I need to be able to dodge and leave a clone behind at work/home.

in Crafting

Posted by: Slark.1263

Slark.1263

My level 2 alts went from 2-26 by maxing 2 crafting professions without any bonuses. They never left town. They never got the POI, Vistas, and Waypoints in town. They only stood at the crafting station and crafted. So yes…it is possible to get more then 13+ levels if you use a boost, and are level 2 when you do it. The crafting booster is 50%.

in Crafting

Posted by: obiemvy.5632

obiemvy.5632

Crafting booster doesn’t effect Character EXP gain, only the crafting EXP gain. (tho it will make your craft level faster, so your character will level faster, but your character will not level more than without it.)

I leveled a character from 2 to 26 by just maxing 2 crafts to 400 as well. I did not use the crafting booster. (I forgot lol, I had 2 crafting boosters in my bank too >.<)

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Yeah, levels 1-15 scale differently, and experimental evidence with crafting suggests that the scaling allows you to traverse all 15 of them with about as much time and effort as any 9 or 10 levels starting from a higher point.

in Crafting

Slark.1263

Crafting booster doesn’t effect Character EXP gain, only the crafting EXP gain. (tho it will make your craft level faster, so your character will level faster, but your character will not level more than without it.)

I think the Crafting Booster does help Character Exp gain, but I have not really look at it that closely.

I think you only get Character Exp whenever you get a Critical in your crafting. That is why you do not get a boost every single item but I remember getting a good bump about 10% of the time.

Using a Crafting Booster would increase your Crafting Exp. If you get a Critical while under the effect of a Booster it only makes since the Critical Exp gain would be boosted also. This results in a both a boosted Critical Exp and a Character Level exp boost (only on crits of course).

in Crafting

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Oh. Interesting. I thought all 0-400s were 10 levels exactly.

Perhaps I have been wrong? I will look into this, I have a few Lv2 alts I could powerlevel.

in Crafting

Slark.1263

Crafting Experience Starts at 500 for level 1 and each level goes up 1% each level. So it takes 505 points from 1-2. To go from 399-400 you need 24028 exp. In short crafting an item of equal level is designed to give you X% of your exp to next level, not a set amount of exp for each item itself. So for each level if you are making equal level items should take the same number of crafted items. This is the what make this crafting system so unique.

Character Level has a small incline rangeing from needing 1%-5.7% more exp each level. For level 2 you need 1% more then level 1. To reach 80 you need 5.7% more then level 79.

When your crafting exp gets applied to your character level you will gain more from 0-400 when your character is low level because you need less exp for each level and the higher level crafting recipes are providing substantial more then you could gain while actually playing your character. In the upper levels you may only get 10 Levels from 0-400, but at the lowest levels you get about 13 with no boosts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

I think the Crafting Booster does help Character Exp gain, but I have not really look at it that closely.

I think you only get Character Exp whenever you get a Critical in your crafting. That is why you do not get a boost every single item but I remember getting a good bump about 10% of the time.

Using a Crafting Booster would increase your Crafting Exp. If you get a Critical while under the effect of a Booster it only makes since the Critical Exp gain would be boosted also. This results in a both a boosted Critical Exp and a Character Level exp boost (only on crits of course).

It does not, it only makes your crafting level faster, the character xp gain from gaining a crafting level is the same.

The thing here is as others have said that 1-15 xp scales differently that 16-80 in the sense that 1-15 = 10 levels from the 16-80 range. This allows you to get more levels out of the first craft you max out.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Ibbuli.4027

Ibbuli.4027

I went from level 19 to level 30 (almost 31) when I maxed my cooking from 0 to 400.

I didn’t use any crafting buffs or anything. I don’t really know how I did it if it’s supposed to only give a bit over 9 levels. :P

in Crafting

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Admittedly, I used a crafting booster, but i went from lvl 2 to 18 with cooking 0-400. I wanted to maximize levels gained with cooking which is why i started immediately at lvl 2.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I guess I missed the boat. I got from lvl 43 to 52 with armorsmith, had crafting booster and the wvw 20% bonus, but I already did 0-75, so the lvl 43-52 is only 75-400. It may be possible to give another level though.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Hippocampus.8470

Hippocampus.8470

Again: the crafting booster just means you’ll make progress faster, but you won’t make any more progress total.

in Crafting

Posted by: Skarsha.6704

Skarsha.6704

Between 0-400 there is 10 char levs, you can get 15 by making all discoveries left over via boosters, food, guild buffs, my guildy went from lv1 to 15 like this. Just remember after your prof is 400 make all the discoveries left over and if u have used the great guides getting around there are heaps of left over discoveries. Even though you wont get any more craft points beyond 400 the xp from discoveries is still awesome.

in Crafting

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

I did cooking 0-400 on alt and got from around lvl 1 to 17, mainly focusing on discoveries and using a crafting booster from ~ 300-400. Higher lvls of cooking will get you leveled up faster, as far as I observed.

(edited by Treplos.5182)

in Crafting

Posted by: ninjoel.4795

ninjoel.4795

My main I just started one time I logged in on 71. I couldn’t have done more than 75 levels of huntsman and i was at 77. I was in the later range for huntsman but I’m sure you could do it