Is it still worth it to craft Legendary Wep?

in Crafting

Posted by: Jhulz.3657

Jhulz.3657

Q:

just like the title says Is it still worth it to craft Legendary Weapon?
I didn’t see any difference of them or just the effect of legendary or for show off.
i try to check the dmg of exotic and legendary they are the same.

any thoughts?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas of the Desert.2165

Lucas of the Desert.2165

Many players are often irritated by the design model of Guild Wars. As soon as you hit 80 you’ll probably notice that getting full exotic is easier than you expected and not taken the ascended items into account it’s the highest tier available! (You probably already saw the ascended items at the laurel vendor, you can get the rings from Fractals of the Mist too)

So awnsering your question: if you want a weapon with bettet stats then no, there currently is none. A legendary is supposed to be a kitten skin which shows that you are frigging awesome and extremly dedicated to the game. It takes around 1 year for casuals and even less for casual – hardcore.

It’s sole purpose is to say: Well i have a weapon which lets me gaze at a beautiful sunrise while i slay you with it. Or “die through my epic confetti blaster!”. That’s it basically though

in Crafting

Posted by: Jhulz.3657

Jhulz.3657

agree with you men.

in Crafting

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

“Do I want pixels that look pretty but have the same stats as other exotics or not.”

Comes down to what you like. Farming in this game isn’t that hard.

I can make 7g an hour if I pve normally. 7 * lets say for examples sake 8 = 56g / day

56g * 7 = 392g

392g * 4 = 1568g

You can make most legendaries in a months time if you farm that much a day. Some people are actually willing to do that, too. It comes down to do you want to effort for something pretty.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Only reason to craft a legendary is if you like the skin atm. When ascended weapons come out, legendaries will be boosted to ascended stats but other than that, if you don’t care for the skin, it’s not worth it.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Sauzo.6821

“Do I want pixels that look pretty but have the same stats as other exotics or not.”

I can make 7g an hour if I pve normally. 7 * lets say for examples sake 8 = 56g / day

56g * 7 = 392g

392g * 4 = 1568g

You can make most legendaries in a months time if you farm that much a day. Some people are actually willing to do that, too. It comes down to do you want to effort for something pretty.

7g an hour playing normally? WTF am i missing? Or are you counting as farming Pent/Shelter or speed runs of P1 in COF as “normal pve”?

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

all you need is money. Either in game money or real money.

It should represent the biggest achievement in game.

It actually represents nothing. It’s a shame how the whole concept of Legendary weapons got hacked by making them (and most of the ridiculous amount of mats required) sell able. Bad design right there.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

(edited by Mesket.5728)

in Crafting

Posted by: DancinPuppeh.8421

DancinPuppeh.8421

It really depends how much you want the skin, if you want a technical advantage then no it’s a waste of time since the stats are almost identical to Exotics. I have a friend who has two Incinerator Daggers, and The Dreamer bow. And all 3 of them took him around 1000 hours game play. That kind turned me of since although I’m patient I’m not that patient. I will probably slowly aim towards getting mine, and not really care too much

in Crafting

Posted by: Field Marshal.7946

Field Marshal.7946

56g * 7 = 392g

392g * 4 = 1568g

7g an hour playing normally? WTF am i missing? Or are you counting as farming Pent/Shelter or speed runs of P1 in COF as “normal pve”?

He is speaking of hitting Orr and any drops, selling them all on the TP. I never make that much because I keep everything unless I am 100% full of that item in my bank.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

How do you make 7g/hour in Orr? how much MF? which events? I’m getting nothing when I try… I used to get rares or the eventual exotic but now I’m lucky to get one or two T6 mats.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: NatureBlade.7910

NatureBlade.7910

56g * 7 = 392g

392g * 4 = 1568g

Or you can just buy it with gems. Gems = Easy Legendary no effort required, just a credit card.

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

56g * 7 = 392g

392g * 4 = 1568g

Or you can just buy it with gems. Gems = Easy Legendary no effort required, just a credit card.

Really, I hope you have about an upwards of 1000 dollars just lying around waiting to be spent on pixels? If you are willing to use a CC on pixels, nothing was going to stop from them from buying third party gold to get legendaries like in other games.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

in Crafting

Masamoon.3864

By normally I meant if I pve. I spend a majority of my time in WvW(10h+ a day) i’d be lucky to make 1g an hour there.

He is speaking of hitting Orr and any drops, selling them all on the TP. I never make that much because I keep everything unless I am 100% full of that item in my bank.

Yes, you can do this in Orr pretty easily with a full MF set and you sell everything you get. I average almost 100 heavy moldy bags alone an hour which is 3g+ and I open them all and normally get atleast 1g more worth of mats.

CoF is also another upwards to 7-8g an hour depends on RNG as to your other question Sauzo. You can also make upwards to 5g-7g doing TA speed runs but specifically. Most dungeon can be run to make atleast 5g/hour, its just not known how to most people since all the tricks haven’t been told to public eyes.

Making money in this game is really easy, people just don’t want to grind is all. Even if you only farm 30g a day(which is possible for anyone unless extreme casual/heavy irl) you’d still be at 900g a month.

(edited by Masamoon.3864)

in Crafting

Sauzo.6821

Yeah but with DR in dungeons, how are you still making that? And for CoF, problem is unless you are a zerker warrior or mesmer, usually its a no go. I mean doesn’t the 26s you get at the end get hit with DR like the tokens?

And kitten i must be getting old cause i’d go crazy sitting infront of the computer doing nothing but these speedruns for 4 hours a day everyday…not to mention the family hang me.

Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Legendaries were supposed bring esteem to the wielders, but instead it’s just apathy and disdain. So my answer to the OP is “No”.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

(edited by Svarty.8019)

in Crafting

Masamoon.3864

Yeah but with DR in dungeons, how are you still making that? And for CoF, problem is unless you are a zerker warrior or mesmer, usually its a no go. I mean doesn’t the 26s you get at the end get hit with DR like the tokens?

And kitten i must be getting old cause i’d go crazy sitting infront of the computer doing nothing but these speedruns for 4 hours a day everyday…not to mention the family hang me.

Thieves do fine too, so do Guardians and Eles for p1 speed runs too. Even with DR the boss drops the same amount, if you have multiple characters it helps too. Or just shuffle between dungeons constantly that know you tips and tricks to.

in Crafting

Posted by: Mazrim.2167

Mazrim.2167

56g * 7 = 392g

392g * 4 = 1568g

I run Fractals, CoF, AC, and CoE constantly, and I tried to farm Orr with 100% MF for several hrs per day this week, yet the most I make after all that is around 4G (TOTAL!!), and that involves dedicating a grand total of 4-6 hrs/day.

Yet I see all sorts of people talking about 7-10G/hr, and even more (which of course to me sounds even MORE ridiculous. Sorry but I call BS, and the reason is that everyone that I see who posts this nonsense either never alludes to their methods, or simply say “lol L2P newb!”, etc. And don’t even mention MF%, because even at 100%, I can, for example, maybe…..MAYBE……get a rare/exotic drop once every TWO HOURS of straight farming (changing areas of course accounting for DR). This 56g/day junk imo is far-fetched at the very least.

(edited by Mazrim.2167)

in Crafting

Posted by: Minion of Vey.4398

Minion of Vey.4398

It’s worth it if you want to have one.

That’s about it really.

One could make a case for the fact that it’ll apparently always be best in slot according to devs, letting you avoid needing to get upgrades when ascended weapons come out (and anything beyond that, whenever that might be). I don’t think that’s really as meaningful as it sounds though. I suppose there might be multiple upgrades to what best in slot for weapons are over the course of the game but unless the game went an entirely new direction and really had a WoWlike treadmill for each item slot that kept progressing at a rapid rate, the effort spent getting the upgrades is almost sure to be less than the effort spent getting a legendary even adding it all up.

They’re nice for something to do. I made an Incinerator and I like it. But if one feels that it’s just going to take too long and/or the skins don’t interest you that much, feel free to pass on them.

in Crafting

Masamoon.3864

56g * 7 = 392g

392g * 4 = 1568g

I run Fractals, CoF, AC, and CoE constantly, and I tried to farm Orr with 100% MF for several hrs per day this week, yet the most I make after all that is around 4G (TOTAL!!), and that involves dedicating a grand total of 4-6 hrs/day.

Yet I see all sorts of people talking about 7-10G/hr, and even more (which of course to me sounds even MORE ridiculous. Sorry but I call BS, and the reason is that everyone that I see who posts this nonsense either never alludes to their methods, or simply say “lol L2P newb!”, etc. And don’t even mention MF%, because even at 100%, I can, for example, maybe…..MAYBE……get a rare/exotic drop once every TWO HOURS of straight farming (changing areas of course accounting for DR). This 56g/day junk imo is far-fetched at the very least.

Its very possible if you’re willing to effort. I dunno how you don’t manage to make even a minimum of 6g/hour on CoF alone. I can run 0 MF on my Thief in Orr and still make 5g/hour too, so you must be one unlucky motherkittener.

in Crafting

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I don’t want a Legendary weapon, but if I did want one, I think with prices the way they are at present it would be easier to buy on the TP. The price has gone down a fair bit recently.

in Crafting

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

According to your description, it’s not. It’s meant to be a weapon that looks great and has special effects that enhance it to show off the accomplishment of your craftsmanship. People will argue whether or not it’s a determination of skill (it’s not) or how deep your pocket (like to see data on how many made vs bought to prove all the tinfoil theory crap), it’s just a skin that shows how much time and dedication you’ve put forward to creating a skin. While it will transcend to ascended stat values when the weapons come out (best in slot), it’s not hard to acquire a weapon with max stats as of right now, and probably not later.

If you want a pretty skin, go ahead and make a legendary. If not, then don’t. There’s only so many legendary skins, so if you see it everywhere (to those who stick around) you shouldn’t be surprised.

It all comes down to this one question- Do you want the weapon skin or not?