Is this for REAL? (Ascended Weapons)

in Crafting

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

To get my level 400 to 500 artificer I have to spend ~200 gold??!!?!!??!?!

200gold for a weapon?!!!??!?!?

How about when ascended armors are out? Prolly 800 gold?!!??!?!??!?!

WTF!

in Crafting

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Yes it frigging insane. Anet probably thinks that every player grind champs 24/7 or cheating in TP.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in Crafting

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Already on verge of perma uninstalling due to this kittene, but when armours come out I`m gone.
Recall how low the drop rate for cloths where & still are, over a year of game play & still never had a stack of top tier cloth.
kitten that kitten for a game of soldiers lol

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Crafting

Posted by: Razon.8153

Razon.8153

WTF!

You can collect everything you need to craft. I spent 10 gold going from 400 to 500. It’s easier than you think, even better if you have alts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Razon.8153

Razon.8153

cheating in TP.

This is hilarious.

These forums sometimes…

in Crafting

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Not necessarily 200g if you have crafting boosters, but definitely above 100g in either gold or materials (I count farmed materials in gold as well since they’re still assets).

in Crafting

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

WTF!

WRONG!

There are 6 armour pieces so more like 1200g!

WTF indeed…

in Crafting

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

200 seems high, especially when you factor in that you can resell some of the items that you’ve made. 100 is more realistic.

The problem is that after you’ve spend that 100, you still have to go out and grind for all the parts of the vision crystal. That takes a long time and is not fun, especially the empyreal fragments.

in Crafting

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

If you buy the mat then it’s costly if you craft and gather your self then no. If you don’t want to make ascended Weapons for yourself you can craft for profit.

You now have a way to make money with crafting and you guys are complaining.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

200 seems high, especially when you factor in that you can resell some of the items that you’ve made. 100 is more realistic.

The problem is that after you’ve spend that 100, you still have to go out and grind for all the parts of the vision crystal. That takes a long time and is not fun, especially the empyreal fragments.

i can’t take this statement seriously. emp frags come from jumping puzzles, daily chests(not your daily, but chests that reset daily), guild mission chests, w3, dungeons…

how is that grindy? anet finally did something right by rewarding players for doing what they LIKE.

in Crafting

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

WTF!

WRONG!

WTF indeed…

And that would remotely make sense if armor was made by ‘hatsmithing’ and ‘glovificer’

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Wow I have never seen so many completely false statements in a single thread… has anyone here actually installed the game and played it before?

1. The weapons themselves take approximately 60g to make if you don’t gather anything yourself. If you gather it all yourself or use buy orders it is closer to 40g.

2. 200g is if you power level 400-500 using the fastest possible method. You can do it for free if you gather your own mats, and you can do it for <100g if you sell back your legendary weapons at sell prices after you craft them. Use refining and discover exotics using the mats you refine to get to 450 then take your time and get to 475 using only ascended items.

3. 6 pieces of armor means 6x the cost to level… really… really really….

in Crafting

Posted by: oZii.2864

oZii.2864

WTF!

You did some internet searching to get that number(probably from threads and/or crafting site) but you didn’t do any research on your own? Then start spazing out in your post.

It’s like a 5% increase in damage so its like a superior sigil of force. If your a condition build it is still 5% increase your direct damage (which is probably nonexistant) and none of your condi’s will go up in damage.

If you’re an early adopter and a “I have to be one of the first” then you will spend alot of gold.

I usually rush to get things at the cost of price but as I was leveling up here and there I slowed down. You don’t really need to rush nobody will really be able to tell what your carrying since the effects on the weapons aren’t really noticeable.

Like someone else said you can make good amount of money off this stuff if you craft for profit. People are impatient I know someone that bought alot of the material to including the 43g dowel off the TP before he got to 500 where you unlock the ability to craft the 3 wood/ 3 ingot dowel yourself. I am contemplating selling my dowel when I get to 500 because 43g > 5% increase in damage.

TL&DR: There is no need to rush and spend 200g that 200g number is for people that want to rush and follow a guide that gets you there the fastest.

When you get to 500 crafting you can make some really good money off of it.

[Good Fights]Sinndicate{Ele}Sinactic{Engineer}
Sinnastor{Warrior}Sinnacle{Mesmer}Sintacs
{Thief}

in Crafting

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Wanna know a really awesome way to level your crafting from 400 to 500, and not spend 200 gold (or 1200….whatever) doing it?

Its simple….stop whining and buy all the materials you need now before they go up in price any further! These materials are going to shoot way up in price in a month or two, especially the Gossamer, since all three armor types need it to craft. Buy a bunch now. Sell it when ascended armor gets introduced, then buy what you need to get from 400-500. There, you spent about 20-30 gold at the most, and you even got to be lazy because you didn’t have to go out and find the materials yourself.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

WTF!

You, dear Sir, dont deserve an ascended weapon if you dont know to craft or gather resourceful.

Or at least, you deserve to pay 200 Gold for leveling to 500.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

WTF!

WRONG!

WTF indeed…

So you have to level your crafting from 400-500 6 times because there are 6 different armor pieces?

This is the worst post in the worst topic i read today.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Every time someone says ,,You can have it for free if you gather all mats" a kitten dies.
Someone farm gold then buy mats and then craft, while others farm mats and craft. Where is difference? There is non. You still farm and then spend all you farmed and price is same.
Oh sory there is one difference. Those who farm gold have it much more faster and probably more fun then just running around maps and digging. But still too boring becouse it is farming anyway.

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

Every time someone says ,,You can have it for free if you gather all mats" a kitten dies.
Someone farm gold then buy mats and then craft, while others farm mats and craft. Where is difference? There is non. You still farm and then spend all you farmed and price is same.
Oh sory there is one difference. Those who farm gold have it much more faster and probably more fun then just running around maps and digging. But still too boring becouse it is farming anyway.

hey i’m a digger. a gold digger.

but really. not everyone finds that buying all their mats off the tp to be fun. some players like running around gathering their own mats.

the opportunity cost is still there either way. you pay it with time and you only get 24h in a day…

in Crafting

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

If you gather mats worth 200g to get from 400 to 500, you still put 200g into those 100 levels.

Just saying.

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

You put nothing into 400-425 because you use what you make during 400-425 when doing 425-450 and 475-500. You do 450-475 on ascended refinements because you’re time gated anyway. You are now just doing the 16 cheapest exotic weapon discoveries. That’s 80 t6 mats, not exactly a hard amount to stumble on while just playing the game.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

kittening sucks. Content decision makers dropped the ball. So kitten ed at this.

in Crafting

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

but really. not everyone finds that buying all their mats off the tp to be fun. some players like running around gathering their own mats.

the opportunity cost is still there either way. you pay it with time and you only get 24h in a day…

Yes of course you can enjoy whatever you want in game it is your right. But as you say if you gather all mats instead of farming gold and buying mats you still pay the price.
But lot of people seems to forgeting that with their statement ,,gather everything and you pay nothing".

in Crafting

Lambros Augustus.6594

gathering mats is still quite time consuming, and why do we have to craft exotics again and for all my crafters, this sucks.

instead of expensive but reasonable we get this. this is kitten.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

Yes of course you can enjoy whatever you want in game it is your right. But as you say if you gather all mats instead of farming gold and buying mats you still pay the price.
But lot of people seems to forgeting that with their statement ,,gather everything and you pay nothing".

Except that doesn`t quite work well for those that only do WvWs. Also the one place that higher powered weapons matter the most.
Rich Ori veins, of which there is only one (at times) is only a standard vein with a false name, some times we get two ori veins, both standard.
Top tier logs I`ve never once seen in WvWs.
This means we have to buy the mats that the pvers have put on tp, making them even richer whilst we get poorer, but again, WvWs gives next to sod all in the form of loot (I`ve had 3 exotics drop since pre-release).
Even towers, you get 2-3 of the new items, whereas one temple or wtk they`re called, give around 30 someone told me.
I`ve seen plenty running about with the new weapons & I`m still struggling to make even my first dagger (2-3 days until get that) & I`m broke, no mats left & still got another to make & underwater weapon, then there is my alts I have for set WvWs purposes that now may never get geared :$

The way this has been done is just plain terribad!

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

in Crafting

Lambros Augustus.6594

this is bullkitten

in Crafting

Lambros Augustus.6594

15 ori ores is 1 gold still takes time to walk the map. hate this.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

There is another way to look at this… there is a large potential to earn gold by selling things like ancient wood/ori/t6 to pay for your 500 crafting if you’re willing/able to wait until the prices drop. You only need a lot of those to get to 500 crafting, once you’re there you don’t need nearly as much.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Crafting

Lambros Augustus.6594

What happened to expensive but reasonable, instead they kittened everything over. If I hate this now so much just for level one profession. How the kitten will I feel when its all eight professions. This is kittening bullkitten. I completed map, completed story, completed dungeons, have six 80s and have no kittening legendaries (god kitten them).
At the very least should have gotten choice of a legendary instead of pact victory kittening token on condition of map and story being complete. Now I just have this dirty toilet paper crafting shoved in my face and i gotta empty the bin. 50 lvls of exotics and rehashed for what? The globs and goo that was falling in fractals why cant i use that kitten to makes ascended, why rehash the same old kitten? Why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

Yes crafting ascended weapons are too expensive for me to participate in for the benefit given.

I also hate how two handed weapons always get a big benefit versus one handed weapons in that you have to craft two one handed weapons instead of only one two handed weapon. The cost then becomes much higher for one handed weapons. That really makes no sense and I have noticed this with SAB skins as well.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rage.9723

Rage.9723

Also if I want to get range weapons on a thief along with melee weapons then I will have to not only take weaponsmithing to 500 but also huntsman to 500. That is simply way too expensive.

in Crafting

Player Character.9467

Ya and that’s clearly only something a thief has to deal with.