Items From Crafting Should be a bit Stronger to Compete with Drops

in Crafting

Posted by: Pirhana.8935

Pirhana.8935

There are lots of things i like about the crafting system, exp and discoveries.

But the main flaw i am seeing is the items you make for use is too quickly replaced, even when you make masterwork items. the 2 main problems are there are just so many item drops from pve kills and you level very fast in this game. Also since there is such a huge abundance of item drops nothing is worth anything, everyone basically sells them for the price they are sold to NPCs.

while lowering the rate of items dropped from pve kills would help. I would really like to see the power of player crafted items raised. Atleast 5 levels above drop items. example: a blue level 15 dagger will have higher damage and more stats that any blue dagger drop level 15-19.

This would help make crafting more desired and worth the time invested. Also the items would actually be worth value to sell.

in Crafting

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

NO, crafting must always be weaker than pve drops. You can not expect to get loot without working for it first and crafting is a gold only thing.
mystic forge crafts excluded

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Crafting

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

The crafting is fine the way it is. The point of crafting is not to have super powerful armor but to be able to get the stats you want easily.

in Crafting

Posted by: Glog.1267

Glog.1267

I think high level crafted items SHOULD be better than random drops (dungeon drops not included) because you invested a lot of time into leveling your craft skill

in Crafting

Posted by: Tanqueray.4837

Tanqueray.4837

The crafting is fine the way it is. The point of crafting is not to have super powerful armor but to be able to get the stats you want easily.

This.

It would be nice to receive a bonus of sorts when unlocking all of a certain level of discovery though. Something suitable for that level, but tweaked stats (i.e., a copper-based rare, level 20)

in Crafting

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

Exotic crafted stuff should be same or better than dropped. Because it is not that easy to get. At least the same than drops. Because it is same rarity. Otherwise it would not be worth it and you could just wait for drops and trade them and buy at the trading post to get the stats you wanted.

Edit: Let’s say same. Same rarity = same stats. Dropped should not be better. Crafted should not be better. Same rarity = same. That is okay. Isn’t it now like that?

in Crafting

Posted by: Pariah.1457

Pariah.1457

Remember that you can get recipes for Rare inscriptions from your Crafting master, those will allow you to make Rare weapons/armor (didn’t see any for copper tier though…)

in Crafting

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

You can already craft level 80 oranges…the max level gear in the game…how much stronger could the gear get?

in Crafting

Posted by: Wombatt.2546

Wombatt.2546

Crafted items are already stronger than purchased or looted items of the same level. Significantly, in fact. About 20% more damage or defense at the same levels.