JC 500 Collecting List

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

So I know we don’t know when or even if this will happen for sure but I thought it would be a good idea to collect what I needed as I adventured along. Did some quick napkin math and this won’t quite get to 500 but it will be darned close.

If anyone sees that I am missing some items let me know and or add your own shopping / collecting list to this one.

15 flawless snowflakes
15 of each orb except Opal and Azurite (opal bellow, not using Azurite as I can’t collect it and it’s too expensive to buy)
18 Opal Orbs
123 Ecto’s
774 Ori Ore
150 Candy Corn

This list will give us about 26 discoveries in which case we are about 6 short on average for crafting to 500. Mileage may vary depending on crafting booster and such, wasn’t sure how to figure that out.

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

As you need 1 Orb along with 1 Ecto and 2 ori ingots to craft an exquisite jewel, it is much cheaper right now for most jewels to buy them directly from the TP.

An exquisite chrysocola jewel costs you between 10-20 silver right now, why get the mats to craft it yourself for 55s?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

KOPPER.1458

This is certainly an option but while collecting the Orichalcum I need I’ll get most of these mats without spending anything but time.

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

You didnt count XP you will get from refining Ori Ore. If I remember correctly this alone should give you +10 levels of craft. You could also use better salvage kits for a chance of extracting jewel and this will give you cheap extra discovery (or more) for ring/earring/amulet.

As far as current costs of mats vs future costs go I can only think how silk price skyrocketed (along with soft wood/iron/linen/etc.)

Still, IMO Jewel Crafting will be one of the easiest, fastest and cheapest craft to level up to 500 via discoveries/making exos alone.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Posted by: xanthic.9478

xanthic.9478

Always Current Crafting Guides: http://gw2crafts.net
Updated every 20 minutes based on current TP prices.

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

KOPPER.1458

wow even better than mine, thanks Xanthic. How about cooking

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

The question with cooking is whether there will be new recipes every 25, or if there will only be ascended recipes added. If it is the latter, the other complicating factor is that I suspect many people will have a large number of level 400 recipes already discovered. Personally, I am trying to stockpile the ingredients of my favourite level 400 recipes.

BLTP tip: expect meat to skyrocket to 6c each.

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

The question with cooking is whether there will be new recipes every 25, or if there will only be ascended recipes added. If it is the latter, the other complicating factor is that I suspect many people will have a large number of level 400 recipes already discovered. Personally, I am trying to stockpile the ingredients of my favourite level 400 recipes.

BLTP tip: expect meat to skyrocket to 6c each.

already discovered lvl 400 recipes were reset for the other professions.

Red meat has such a high daily supply from slapping dollies in wvw that i doubt it will become short on supply.

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

LOL @ skyrocket to 6c

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Posted by: Fingolfin.2568

Fingolfin.2568

Just a question: where is the sense in spending tons of golds for jc when I can get ascended rings for free, trinkets and amulets with laurels are not so expensive, (and almost everyone already has those)? Will Anet put new ascended accessories (or more powerful)? Right now the only thing we cannot have are some ascended backs (like the cleric)…

JC 500 Collecting List

in Crafting

Wanze.8410

Just a question: where is the sense in spending tons of golds for jc when I can get ascended rings for free, trinkets and amulets with laurels are not so expensive, (and almost everyone already has those)? Will Anet put new ascended accessories (or more powerful)? Right now the only thing we cannot have are some ascended backs (like the cleric)…

Anet never confirmed that we will be crafting ascended trinkets at jeweler 500, so that is still speculation from the player base.
Whatever we craft at 500 however has nothing to do with what you will need to lvl from 400-500, unless Anet introduces new lvl 400 or 450 recipes.

Ascended Clerics backpieces are already available through Quiver of a Thousand Arrows and Yakkingtons Tale, btw.