Karka Shells

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Hi guys, im bored waiting for the next patch, so i gonna open this topic:

What do you guys think made the price of karka shells go up steadily to 6-7s in the last 3 months while supply is still higher than demand?
I dont see much use for it at this price.

The Apothecary Inscription/Insignia is not cheap to craft compared to the other ones, so demand for lvling to 500 cant be the reason.

Sure, you can make infusions with it, but i am not sure, anybody actually crafts infusions in the mystic forge, due to the high price of over 50g each.

http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/37897

Any ideas?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I have crafted that infusion a couple times before. I think it cost me about 30g each at the time. When you have 500g there are only so many ways you can improve your equipment. 5 AR / 5 toughness was preferable over just 5 AR.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

all you are seeing is the old stuff posted as the price dropped and the undercuts being sold off. So the old price posts are now next on sale. Considering how always empty SS is, not like there are people farming it for new shells.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

all you are seeing is the old stuff posted as the price dropped and the undercuts being sold off. So the old price posts are now next on sale. Considering how always empty SS is, not like there are people farming it for new shells.

There are the ones from the karka queen chest. Then there are always the extra vets that get pulled in.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

There are the ones from the karka queen chest. Then there are always the extra vets that get pulled in.

The increase in price would seem to indicate that this event, and general activity in Southsun is creating less karka shells then people are buying. On my server that zone is dead, people only drop by occasionally to farm ori and the meta is always at 0/4 camps. The rewards are just not worth it, I would be very surprised if other servers were different.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

The increase in price would seem to indicate that this event, and general activity in Southsun is creating less karka shells then people are buying. On my server that zone is dead, people only drop by occasionally to farm ori and the meta is always at 0/4 camps. The rewards are just not worth it, I would be very surprised if other servers were different.

It gets done on average around once a day here for the times when I am around/looking.

I am not sure if everyone is actually aware that the non-bonus chest is no longer once a day per character. It was mentioned in the patch notes but many people miss that kind of detail.

I guess it also means there is a better source of powerful blood.

Actually is this real demand or speculators buying up stuff because of fractals? You need 250 shells for a defensive infusion.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: House Calls.7641

House Calls.7641

People stocking for ascended apoth armour?

Charr Ger (Ranger OCAU)
Infantryman (Warrior OCAU)
Crystal Desert

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It might have had a small effect. I believe you need Passiflora/Karka Shells to make Infused versions of Backpieces, for instance. However, the new AR infusions do not utilise Passiflora or Karka Shells, so that in itself wouldn’t increase demand. (Indeed, I’ve been selling all the +1 infusions I’ve been getting for a tidy profit, since they’re useless to me as I don’t have Infused Ascended gear.)

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

It might have had a small effect. I believe you need Passiflora/Karka Shells to make Infused versions of Backpieces, for instance. However, the new AR infusions do not utilise Passiflora or Karka Shells, so that in itself wouldn’t increase demand. (Indeed, I’ve been selling all the +1 infusions I’ve been getting for a tidy profit, since they’re useless to me as I don’t have Infused Ascended gear.)

The only tradeable item involved in infusing backpieces is globs of ectoplasm.
Passion Fruits are for making offensive infusions. Karka Shells for defensive infusions and Pasion Flowers for omni infusions.

Anyone who had an uninfused item with a defensive infusion in it will need to make replacements if they decide to infuse the item.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Ahh, gotcha. Still, I wonder how large the market for people who actually make Infused Ascended gear will be. It’s only needed for those who intend to do very high level Fractals, and I have a feeling only a small minority of the player base is going to do that. Casuals will likely never go beyond level 10, and more hardcore players will probably not go beyond 30.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

mostlikely because of infusions and lack of karka farming outside of few servers

i sold few hundrets the other day within hour or so, so demand is still there

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I find a lot of newer players that have not been around as South Sun was introduced farming the place for shells. There is a specific Accessory that’s still available and some people rather have those than the ascended gear or other exotic pieces for their characters. Then there are the back pieces that need those shells, some people still want that item as well and yes the inscriptions. Let’s not forget those And on top of all that, we have the people that throughout the year just hoard materials in the hope they get something awesome whenever that event or region returns. In other terms, there’s always a demand on specific items but it’s defiantly not one of the items that get you rich over night or without converting it to something that’s actual more profitable.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Khisanth.2948

This should have been obvious but if all ascended weapons have offensive slots then it wouldn’t be surprising if all ascended armor has defensive slots. 1,500 karka shells per armor set is a lot of karka shells. There are only enough shells on the market right now for around 33 armor sets.

Karka Shells

in Crafting

Zaxares.5419

Good point, Khisanth! Thanks for pointing that out.