Krait Obelisk Shard mining Skill Points?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

So you mine skill points now?

Release Notes:

Finishing the Tower of Nightmares meta-achievement will reward the player with a personal Krait Obelisk Shard, a place of power for their home instance. It can be used to obtain a skill point and to charge Quartz Crystals once per day.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

My wager would be you get one skill point once and after that it works like all the others – once a day to create charged quartz.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Crafting

Sola.7250

It says: It can be used to obtain a skill point and to charge Quartz Crystals once per day.

That imply’s you can mine Skill Points of 1 per day!!

in Crafting

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

It says: It can be used to obtain a skill point and to charge Quartz Crystals once per day.

Nope, most likely it is:
It can be used to “obtain a skill point” and to “charge Quartz Crystals once per day”. Once per day likely applies only to the quartz.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Crafting

Posted by: Avatara.1042

Implies.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Wishful thinking. This is Anet!!!

Insert Sparta.gif here.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: boredinbc.2786

boredinbc.2786

To me it reads as one skill point per day, and given how easy skill points are to acquire already one a day is not an unreasonably large number. Not to mention Anet has plans to add new skills into the game, so this provides a casual stream of sp for players who just want to log in and muck about – at the going rate of Antitoxin Spray (25) that’s one skill per month minimum for just showing up.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

Stop speculating, go play and complete your meta and once you have found out come back here to tell us.

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

in Crafting

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Stop speculating, go play and complete your meta and once you have found out come back here to tell us.

lol +1

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

You get 1 SP, after that you can make a Quartz thingy once a day. Basically it works like the other skillpoints spread across the world.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

awww man, not a whole skill point a day.

[DONE]

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yeah, I’m pretty certain it’s “one skill point” and then after that it can be used to “Charge quartz once per day”.

in Crafting

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

And this is a reason to kill 10 rats run around the maps looking for 24 hidden things?

Anet has some strange ideas about “fun” and “rewarding”.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

And this is a reason to kill 10 rats run around the maps looking for 24 hidden things?

Anet has some strange ideas about “fun” and “rewarding”.

The obelisk shard is given for the overall Tower meta-achievement, not the 24 transcribe achievement (that just gives you a 5-skill point scroll). You can get said obelisk shard without doing the 24 achieve through dailies and other Tower achievements. So if you don’t like the idea of searching for 24 objects, don’t.

in Crafting

Posted by: MIKE.6218

MIKE.6218

i used mine and it disappeared. is it a bug?

in Crafting

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

You get 1 SP, after that you can make a Quartz thingy once a day. Basically it works like the other skillpoints spread across the world.

We’ll see after reset this evening. Today is the earliest you could get the shard, and yes it appears to be a normal skill point (one use). But it might reset daily; it might not. We’ll find out in 6 hours.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Every single other one is a one-time deal.

This will be the same.

Sheesh, use your noodle.

in Crafting

Berner.7289

Every single other one is a one-time deal.

This will be the same.

Sheesh, use your noodle.

Yes, because this is exactly like all the other dynamic skill points created in your home instance since launch. Also, Anet has been much more liberal about dishing out skill points as a spendable currency.

Bottom line, it’s probably one-time, but no one will know until reset. Certainly not you.

in Crafting

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

i used mine and it disappeared. is it a bug?

You use it from your inventory, then it disappears from your inventory and places an interactable Obelisk Shard in your home instance. Not a bug, unless you don’t have one in your Home Instance.

in Crafting

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

We’ll see after reset this evening. Today is the earliest you could get the shard, and yes it appears to be a normal skill point (one use). But it might reset daily; it might not. We’ll find out in 6 hours.

Actually some people got it on the day of release. There was probably a ToN daily item that could have been complete assuming you were on before reset then do another on reset and do the rest.

Anyway, I see this as more of a convenience thing. I can do the quartz/candy mining and charging all in one go without having to jump over to a different place. Hopefully it is just that and not a prelude to more once a day charging thing like the quartz.

in Crafting

Berner.7289

There was no ToN daily the day the ToN was released because the dailies were already issued earlier that day.

In any event, the skill point is one time, per character. It does not reset. So you can get as many skill points as you have characters.

in Crafting

Sola.7250

Thanks for confirming! That makes this node just about worthless in my view, too bad, it adds nothing.

in Crafting

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

It is not worthless to me, but nearly so. I had hoped to be able to regain the sp spent on the healing skill over time. I still want to collect the shard, but I am not in so much a hurry now as I will not be missing on anything while waiting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yep, called it. Still, never having to leave my home instance to charge Quartz again is a good QOL improvement in my books. Plus, 5 mains, 1 mule = 6 skill points.