Large/High Item Cost and their "fixes"

in Crafting

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

As I understand it, one reason the Spool of Silk Weaving Thread requires 100 Bolts of Silk (double what others in its range require) is due to the mass amount of Silk in the economy. As I’m also understanding, part of the reason the Watchwork Mechanism requires 500 Sprockets (100x what anything like that requires) is also due to the same reason.

All in all, I think making recipes have higher cost just to quickly remove material from the economy is a really bad and under-thought decision. Sure, we remove the materials, but then what?
Example: We only get 7-11 Sprockets per day from the Gift of Sprockets. At that rate, it will take about 100 days to make two Exotic Armor pieces, or one trinket. 50 Sprockets for one trinket, and 150 per armor piece makes more sense to me.

Sure, if it was left at the “normal” cost, it would cause a flood in the market initially. But then it would stabilize. And new players who get the recipes wouldn’t have to wait even longer to craft the stuff.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

+ over 9000. Of course, that has been denoted by anet as: “we are looking at it…”

in Crafting

Posted by: Fext.3614

Fext.3614

I think it has nothing to do with number of bolts of silk in economy – rather I see it as an attempt to make ascended armor harder and slower to make. As a long term goal to keep people playing.
However, I’m affraid it has a different effect on me. I rather feel frustrated and thinking about other MMOs already. I feel somehow obsessed by the armor, I want to finish the whole set, but the gaming experience turned into a tiresome grind for mats and gold for me.
I feel also cheated by the change of rules – if they kept the ratio and the silk thread cost only 50 bolts it would be more acceptable.
Even if they say "well we made a mistake, silk is back at 2 scraps for a bolt, and swt cost only 50 bolts, I would be happy despite the fact that I already spent huge resources on the armor pieces I already have.

in Crafting

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

As of a few days ago, I am simply no longer spending a dime on these mats. If I get them, I get them, if i don’t, I do not care either. My exotics are just fine. And yes, other MMO’s indeed…

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

They want you to buy them from someone that used the tp to stockpile them. Remember it’s a trading game in disguise not an adventure game.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

Posted by: Dalent.9358

Dalent.9358

So, they want me to go back to WoW? Done.

Akurn – Asura Necromancer
Elzareth – Asura Mesmer

in Crafting

Posted by: Roland Shadow.6192

Roland Shadow.6192

So, they want me to go back to WoW? Done.

Mmmkay, bye.

I sometimes wonder how many of the Forum Wars 2 players even play Guild Wars 2 being as out of touch as they are.

in Crafting

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

yea, i was just going to say that these type of recipes are huge mistakes. Things that will remove extra items from the economy should not be long term. Ascended is the perfect examples, they made silk bolts require 300 scraps, then made it so people need 300 scraps a day. There is no way to get that playing the game normally or semi casually without spending massive money or time.

They do need to stop designing items based around whats in the market/costs. They need to create a different system for using up excess items that doesnt make item creation by any means other than being a TP focused player a total waste of time. Its totally illogical that if you have a lot of silver in your country, suddenly a necklace uses 100000 silver items.

No matter how much of an item has built up, at the end of the day it still requires X amount of man hours to come into existence. ultimately these items end up being way more man hours than they are worth. The items creation team has been contributing very largely to making the game extremely grindy.

in Crafting

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

What i suggest is create a crafting “guild” that basically has events/tasks/acheivements/exploration that give you crafter points. Crafter points can be used to buy various accountbound crafting materials, some special recipes, as well as sells items that can be used in certain special recipes.
One of the means of getting these points could be an item dump of excess items in the economy that changes every day. This would give value to these excess items, only while they are out of balance. Since there will be other ways to get points, this will not be the only method, but would be the primary method for crafting merchants, because it will allow them to make more of these items to sell per day, as well as by having more recipes to buy that people want.

This can also be used to create more town based events, and minigames(even crafting themed ones). It also solves the problem of everyone being a max crafter, without having to use hard limits like 24 hour timers. While small time crafters can still make items by doing events, merchant crafters can supply the people who dont want to get involved in such crafting/merchant tasks.

As for the items? well… im a fan of creating a user generated armors/weapons system, whereby players vote(think a tab in BLTC were users rate an item 1-10 scale or just a website) on completed (not just visually designed, but modeled/rigged armors) then anet approves/uses some. The recipes are sold in gem store, and also possibly for crafting points, Creators get a portion of the gems sold per recipe (say 1 gem for every 100) or crafter points. Actually crafting these custom armors/weapons will use crafting points.