Legendaries

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

Hi ANET,

Same discussion as before, and likely no responds from you but I have to say this again:

Next to the rediculous increase in costs precursors I now see that with the new trading post for example the legendary Eternity has increased again in gold.

As before I waas working toward getting money to buy a precursor for 600 that is now 1200g. So I figured its better to buy the eternity and have all skins right away on buying for 4200 on OLD trading post. So as frustrated as I am, I thought well, lets buy the eternity instead… Now to see since new trading post the eternity went up to around 5000g.

Oh my god ANET, my head hurts! Will this never end?

Now again I am saving for something only to see that the 600 g I made in a month was only to compensate again for that update?

And yes, I made 600g so yes,, I accomplished something, but not what I have intented.
And yes, I know how the TP works, but and some point it feels frustrating and annoying.
And yes, legendaries are not for everyone. I have 2300 hours play in it, I do dungeons, wvw, pvp like all…

So maybe some boundries or increase in drop rates would even the scale? Or don’t you care at all?
Because I don’t feel like I am getting somewhere, and I thought that is one of the primairy in gaming?

Regards

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Your head hurts because other players increased prices while you were busy getting gold and you’re blaming arenanet?

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: kuittaa.7360

kuittaa.7360

Try buy orders.

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

Blaming ANET because of the way trading post works. It is a game, not real life. They should come up with some fair mechanics

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Yep everyone should have a legendary that is fair :P. The cost of crafting a legendary increases as the price of the mats needed to make a legendary increase. The prices are set by the players depending on the demand and scarcity of the item. Since the trade post is global it is fair. its hard for anyone to control a specific market for a prolong period of time.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

would you care to explain how, exactly, Anet’s updating the TP UI is responsible for an increase in prices of any item?

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Next to the rediculous increase in costs precursors I now see that with the new trading post for example the legendary Eternity has increased again in gold.

hmmmm, I feel there is a lot wrong about this statement.
For starters, I attached a screenshot of the price of eternity over the last 2 months. The highest it was during that time was 5400g, it’s currently at 4444g-4950g. This doesn’t look like a graph illustrating that ‘Eternity has increased again in gold"
Graph 2 is eternity’s price since the beginning of the year. same thing: it’s always jumped around between 4000-5000 and is practically flat-lined.

now onto point 2:
you can buy sunrise for 3085g buy order or 3849g instant
you can buy twilight for 3250g buy order or 3749g instant
So to make eternity costs 6335 – 7598g.
Eternity’s price is currently discounted 22%-35% off. Anyone who makes it is selling it for a guaranteed 2127g, or higher, loss. up to 3820g loss.
Seriously, someone should invest in eternity because it’s currently wayyyyy undervalued. It should be at least 7452g-8938g. If you invest now, you could make a 3153g profit (71% profit) when the price equilibrates.

Attachments:

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

The price of eternity is lower because many people are unhappy with their Sunrise or Twilight and make it to Eternity. They make some cash back and got 2 legendary skins in return.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Blaming ANET because of the way trading post works. It is a game, not real life. They should come up with some fair mechanics

What’s wrong with the way it works? Items sell to the person willing to pay the most? The problem, is that the only guaranteed way of getting a precursor is to buy it from another player, not the Trading Post in and of itself.

Legendaries

in Crafting

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

What’s wrong with the way it works? Items sell to the person willing to pay the most? The problem, is that the only guaranteed way of getting a precursor is to buy it from another player, not the Trading Post in and of itself.

There are a lot of problems with having the Trading Post set prices of items as opposed to players. Having prices be static instead of dynamic causes that specific market to become stagnant or hardcapped (as to how high or low it can go). Additionally, it stops the market from being a free market.

Now, if you’d like to support sides to your argument as to why you want to see the TP have set prices on items as opposed to players setting prices, I’d be inclined to listen. However, don’t just throw around ideas that suit you because they… well, suit you. The game does not revolve around you or me. It revolves around itself.