Legendaries with unbalanced difficulties

in Crafting

Posted by: Pig.5827

Pig.5827

Each Legendary uses Gift of Mastery and Gift of Fortune along with the respective gift for the legendary. There seems to be unfair difficulties for certain legendaries as opposed to others.
For example, with current prices, to make the Unicorn statue for the Dreamer, it would cost (at current auction prices) 17g. While, the Juggernaut’s Vial of Quicksilver would cost a little over 200g to make.

While antagonists would say: “Well stop being lazy and just farm the items.”This is easier said then done. There are multiple discrepancies with the ability to obtain certain items as opposed to others as well as the factor of the droprate. Certain items do not have a specific mob that will drop the item you are trying to acquire, such as Silver Doubloon or Unidentified Dye.
While Legendary items are meant to be difficult to obtain and be for only the exalted few, I feel it is a bit disheartening that that is not the case for every legendary. It is not Arenanet’s job to control the price of items in the Black Lion Trading House, but the way to acquire certain items needs to be looked at.

Here’s a list of the Legendaries and their specific item needed to craft their gift.

Juggernaut: Vial of Quicksilver:
250 Steel Ingot
150 Molten Lodestone
250 Silver Doubloon
1 Gift of the Forgeman

Incinerator: Vial of Liquid Flame:
250 Ghost Pepper
100 Molten Lodestone
100 Destroyer Lodestone
1 Gift of Baelfire

Frostfang: Gift of Ice:
250 Orichalcum Ingot
100 Glacial Lodestone
100 Corrupted Lodestone
1 Gift of the Sanctuary

Frenzy: Gift of Water:
250 Orichalcum Ingot
100 Glacial Lodestone
100 Molten Lodestone
1 Gift of the Sanctuary

Flame Seeker Prophecies: Gift of History:
250 Pile of Crystalline Dust
250 Cured Hardened Leather Square
100 Onyx Lodestone
1 Gift of Ascalon

Dreamer: Unicorn Statue:
1 Gift of Thorns
250 Orichalcum Ingot
100 Opal Orb
100 Chrysocola Orb

Bolt: Gift of Lightning:
250 Orichalcum Ingot
250 Bolt of Gossamer
100 Charged Lodestone
1 Gift of Ascalon

Bifrost: Gift of Color:
250 Pile of Crystalline Dust
100 Opal Orb
1 Gift of Zhaitan
250 Unidentified Dye

Twilight: Gift of Darkness:
250 Orichalcum Ingot
100 Onyx Lodestone
1 Gift of Ascalon

Sunrise: Gift of Light:
250 Orichalcum Ingot
100 Charged Lodestone
1 Gift of Ascalon

Quip: Gift of Entertainment:
250 Orichalcum Ingot
250 Bolt of Gossamer
1 Gift of the Nobleman
5 Evon Gnashblade’s Box o’ Fun

Predator: Gift of Stealth:
250 Orichalcum Ingot
250 Orrian Truffle
100 Onyx Lodestone
1 Gift of Knowledge

Meterologicus: Gift of Weather:
250 Orichalcum Ingot
250 Hardened Leather Section
100 Charged Lodestone
1 Gift of Knowledge

Kudzu: Gift of Nature:
250 Ancient Wood Plank
250 Omnomberry
1 Gift of Thorns

(Here is a website that breaks down cost that is a good example of the imbalance)
http://gw2legendary.com/

*Disclaimer: I’m not asking for it to be easier for everyone, I’m asking for balance. If that means increasing difficulty for all, so be it.

(edited by Moderator)

in Crafting

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

[quote=878377;Pig.5827:*Disclaimer: I’m not asking for it to be easier for everyone, I’m asking for balance. If that means increasing difficulty for all, so be it.[/quote]

so you would be perfectly fine IF Anet make them all difficult and cost about the same amount of gold? This just sounds like another “my legendary components are more expensive, so I will want to screw those with cheaper and easier component” thread.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Crafting

Pig.5827

The thread has to do with the balancing issue of difficulty. My personal opinion, is that for that to be obtained there has to be some change, be it easier for some or more difficult for others. So yes, people may get screwed over if they change it. But that’s how balance works.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dominae.3146

Dominae.3146

The thread has to do with the balancing issue of difficulty. My personal opinion, is that for that to be obtained there has to be some change, be it easier for some or more difficult for others. So yes, people may get screwed over if they change it. But that’s how balance works.

None of getting a Legendary is ‘difficult’, only ‘time consuming’ or ‘wallet breaking’.

Technically what you want is a level gold-cost for all the Legendary weapons, which isn’t possible, because drop rates change … people farm some areas more than others … new items are added … the market fluctuates, etc.

in Crafting

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

if there was a recipe to craft the silver doubloons(probably in jewelcrafting since you already need jewelry for the juggernaut recipes anyways). I’d be perfectly okay with the requirements. It doesn’t make sense that jewelers can make gold doubloons(from silver doubloons), but we can’t make silver or platinum doubloons.

in Crafting

Pig.5827

I used the price of obtaining Unicorn Statue for Dreamer and Vial of Quicksilver for Juggernaut as examples of difficulty of obtaining. I personally would rather farm the materials. Price does not always reflect difficulty to obtain, but makes a good foundation of the difficulty. (Lower droprate items = Higher price)

The issue I have is that the playing field is not level.
Look at Gift of Water and Gift of Ice and tell me that those are on par with difficulty to farm the items compared to Gift of Nature.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

The way these are balanced is by the dungeon tokens. The gift for the bifrost used to be cheap (when unid dyes were 3s each) but it did require Arah tokens, so there went your extra farming hours. The easier dungeons have the more expensive gifts.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kamillia.5264

Kamillia.5264

I agree. Gift of nature is way easier to farm than gift of color. I think the dyes I can make from cooking should count to make it a little bit more balanced

in Crafting

Posted by: Raybunny.6190

Raybunny.6190

I just had to choose 2 with almost the same items from top to bottom (Twilight and Flame Seeker Prophecies) . Indeed some gifts are ridiculously easy to get compared with others. Not that I care tbh since I play and try to achieve what I want. Dungeon tokens don’t make the process balanced as previously mentioned. Ex: 500 Arah tokens are as easy to get as 500 AC if everyone knows what and how to do it.

Raybunny – Warrior
[Midnight Mayhem] – Gunnar’s Hold

in Crafting

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

In all fairness, most of them are expensive, there’s only a few that are stupidly easy to make (didn’t know there were any that easy, but they are for weapons i can’t use/aren’t interested in.)

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Crafting

Pig.5827

I agree. Gift of nature is way easier to farm than gift of color. I think the dyes I can make from cooking should count to make it a little bit more balanced

if there was a recipe to craft the silver doubloons(probably in jewelcrafting since you already need jewelry for the juggernaut recipes anyways). I’d be perfectly okay with the requirements. It doesn’t make sense that jewelers can make gold doubloons(from silver doubloons), but we can’t make silver or platinum doubloons.

This is my major gripe. Trying to craft Juggernaut there is no way to essentially farm a mob that drops these on a regular basis (the same goes for unidentified dye). It seems that Transmorgify silver and platinum doubloons were left out (my cynicism says to intentionally make this more difficult purposely), but it doesn’t seem fair that if someone is crafting one legendary that they will have an easier time farming their legendary specific gift.

The fact that cooking coincides as a requirement with the Bifrost gift and Jewelcrafting coincides as a requirement with the Juggernaut gift shows that their original intentions were to give those crafting professions to be able to make those items. If not, then why even have a requirement for the profession? And why have chefs be able to make dyes but not unidentifed, and jewelers be able to make gold but not silver doubloons?

in Crafting

Posted by: LordGustoff.3752

LordGustoff.3752

What about just making it so that items that are harder to come by, the recipe requires less of them? I am trying to get The Juggernaut, and just the other day there weren’t even enough Silver Doubloons on the TP for ONE person to craft a Vial of Quicksilver. Whether it was because people are hoarding their silver doubloons or some idiot was trying to manipulate the market, the relative rarity compared to other legendaries components and the difficulty in obtaining them is glaring when there isn’t even enough in the market to craft just ONE.

I think this is what the OP is trying to get at when it comes to Legendary imbalance in obtainment.

If you did what they did, you would have what they have.
You have what you have because you do what you do.

in Crafting

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Guys its normal that weapons have different requirements and cost different prices. ALL depends on supply and demand.

Thats why dusk, legend, Dawn precursors are so expensive on TP. Cause everyone wants them.

I am almost done with my legendary, I went for The juggernaut. All I am missing now is few wvw badges and map completion.

Every price of legendary is set up by players, if greatswords are favorites ones, they will be the most expensive ones. On other side you have one handed weapons, bows, etc 2x cheaper because there is 2x smaller demand for these legendaries.

Thats how economics works … higher demand = higer prices

Just get over it. Stop looking at other legendaries, how cheaper they are and how unfair it is for you. Come on.

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

Guys its normal that weapons have different requirements and cost different prices. ALL depends on supply and demand.

Thats why dusk, legend, Dawn precursors are so expensive on TP. Cause everyone wants them.

I am almost done with my legendary, I went for The juggernaut. All I am missing now is few wvw badges and map completion.

Every price of legendary is set up by players, if greatswords are favorites ones, they will be the most expensive ones. On other side you have one handed weapons, bows, etc 2x cheaper because there is 2x smaller demand for these legendaries.

Just get over it. Stop looking at other legendaries, how cheaper they are and how unfair it is for you. Come on.

You completely missed the whole point.

Anyway, yeah, I also find it weird that they went out of their way to make some legendaries harder/longer to get. There was a topic recently, about a legendary that needs a gem only item…c’mon…a bit of balance would be good…250 silver doubloons…holy…with 2 lvl 80s and stuff…think i got like 2 of those in my bank….

in Crafting

Dogblaster.6713

You completely missed the whole point.

Anyway, yeah, I also find it weird that they went out of their way to make some legendaries harder/longer to get. There was a topic recently, about a legendary that needs a gem only item…c’mon…a bit of balance would be good…250 silver doubloons…holy…with 2 lvl 80s and stuff…think i got like 2 of those in my bank….

I have leveled 6x 80 lvl. Stop complaining here .. 2 of my guild mates are going for The Juggernaut too and they have all the doubloons. I bought Doubloons from TP in one evening and believe me, there was like 150 availible when I put the first offers in.

Also .. I am farming with one mate, hes going for Sunrise. He had to buy precursor for 250 gold and now he has to farm 100x charged lodestones, you think hes complaining? No, he knows that is the price for prestigue and unique weapon.

My first plan was to go Legendary shield but after I realized its too cheap I went for The Juggernaut, because its one of the most expensive ones, that means less players will have him and It will be bigger achievement.

If you guys think some weapons are really too expensive and its not worth the farming, just choose different ones or give up.

There are alrady tons of players with legendaries and you bet they would rage if Arenanet would make any changes to requirements, like making it easyer to obtain.

If you want to make them equally difficult, just change those cheap ones and make them equaly hard as those expensive ones but that wont be possible because players just prefer GS, Hammers, Staffs over some pistols, bows, etc

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

in Crafting

Pig.5827

Dogblaster, while I may not like it, you make valid points.

True, people trying to craft legendaries shouldn’t look at other legendary costs because it is like comparing apples to oranges. Your logic makes sense that while it may be unfair that someone can craft Kudzu easier than Juggernaut, they both are different legendaries that people want (As you said you went for Juggernaut because the Shield is easier to get making the Hammer more appealing)

Also .. I am farming with one mate, hes going for Sunrise. He had to buy precursor for 250 gold and now he has to farm 100x charged lodestones, you think hes complaining? No, he knows that is the price for prestigue and unique weapon.

I disagree with you here though. While yes, your friend does have to farm 100 charged lodestones, those have a specific drop from mobs and can be farmed.
This is why I disagree with the way things currently are.

I have leveled 6x 80 lvl. Stop complaining here .. 2 of my guild mates are going for The Juggernaut too and they have all the doubloons. I bought Doubloons from TP in one evening and believe me, there was like 150 availible when I put the first offers in.

While I commend your tenacity to craft it, I feel that here in lies the problem, you had to use the Auction House to purchase your Silver Doubloons, while your friend is given the ability to farm them without issue (as well as everyone that is going for most other legendaries)
If i was a gambling man, I’d venture to say that everyone that has crafted Juggernaut has used the Auction House or took donations from their guild to acquire their Silver Doubloons.

I just would like a way to acquire items at the same rate that everyone else does with their respective legendaries, even if its similar to Orichalcum Ore and there being only (x amount) of Chests in the world that will give you Silver Doubloons a day.

in Crafting

Dogblaster.6713

I have to agree on this one. Silver doubloons should be craftable or somehow obtainable directly from farming specific mobs. But they are still cheaper than some farmable items you need for other legendaries.

But ye, I think Arenanet will add some recipe, etc for silver doubloons in the future. Who knows.

We just have to be patient guys.

It may look like I am some GW 2 fanboy but when I am reading forums and I see all those complains I have to show Arenanet that the game is not lost and there are thousands of players enjoying it right now.

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

And I have leveled 20x 80lvl! Oh, what, that absolutely doesn’t matter, like not at all…but guess…3-933/V…gotta feed it, right?

Stop complaining here .. 2 of my guild mates are going for The Juggernaut too and they have all the doubloons. I bought Doubloons from TP in one evening and believe me, there was like 150 availible when I put the first offers in.

My first plan was to go Legendary shield but after I realized its too cheap I went for The Juggernaut, because its one of the most expensive ones, that means less players will have him and It will be bigger achievement.

If you guys think some weapons are really too expensive and its not worth the farming, just choose different ones or give up.

There are alrady tons of players with legendaries and you bet they would rage if Arenanet would make any changes to requirements, like making it easyer to obtain.

If you want to make them equally difficult, just change those cheap ones and make them equaly hard as those expensive ones but that wont be possible because players just prefer GS, Hammers, Staffs over some pistols, bows, etc

I complained? Where? Can you show me? Also, I’d love to see how you farmed 250 silver doubloons. Oh, wait, you didn’t. You bought them. And no matter how strange it might sound to you, some people actually want to farm the materials and not just gold to buy their legendary. I sure as hell am happy that dyes are easier to get than doubloons…otherwise I wouldn’t even be collecting for it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

I leveled 10x lv80!!! Oh wait… wrong topic..

TWMagimay.9057 – I get your point, and it is a valid one, but I never understood people who want to farm a specific less valued item.
By the time you farm 250 silver doubloons in this case, how much money could you make instead to buy them off the TP by farming something else?

Or did I miss the point myself here?

in Crafting

Dogblaster.6713

TWMagimay.9057 – I get your point, and it is a valid one, but I never understood people who want to farm a specific less valued item.
By the time you farm 250 silver doubloons in this case, how much money could you make instead to buy them off the TP by farming something else?

You can also farm t6 material and with the gold you make you can buy silver doubloons. Its same like If you farm Silver doubloons and with the gold you made you would buy T6 materia. Its the same.

You make around 150-200g by farming karma, etc … you still have plenty of gold to buy some stuff needed, instead of farming it. In this case doubloons.

But ye .. give us some recipes for doubloons. Not against it

in Crafting

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

I just honestly don’t understand this complaint, it’s based off the assumption that the current way of obtaining legendary weapons is correct. When they’ve stated that it’s too TP orientated, this could mean some changes to it to be less so, or none. We’ll just have to wait and see… but it was pretty obvious from day one that the system is broken and the discrepancies too large to ignore.

There’s also apparently a large discrepancy in quality of legendary weapons too.

Irony…. xD

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

I can easily farm the gold and buy everything I’m missing. But I kind of want to farm the items themselves, I’m weird that way xD The only thing I might buy from the TP is The Legend and that’s only if I have everything else sitting in my bank and there is still no scavenger hunt. But I’d rather, you know…not….and with the mystic coin acquire rate, I hope I won’t have to.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vv W.7821

Vv W.7821

This is supply and demand, nothing to balance here.

Redundant Sasquatch – 80 Warrior – [aYe] – HoD

in Crafting

Pig.5827

This is supply and demand, nothing to balance here.

Correct, it is a supply and demand issue. The price of Silver Doubloons and Unidentified dyes are increased due to the inability to correctly stock the supply, thus increasing the price of the ones that are being bought.

The balancing issue isn’t the price. The price is fine, in my opinion it is cheap considering how many are actually available in circulation.

What needs to be looked at is that there is no sure way to actively farm Silver Doubloons and Unidentified Dye. Every other item has a specific node or mob that can be farmed to acquire them, this is not the case for Silver Doubloons and Unidentified Dye.

The price is irrelevant to acquisition because that goes down a different route to acquiring them that everyone has the ability to do. The problem is that not everyone wants to spend gold to make their legendary, they would rather farm the actual materials themselves.

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

You make around 150-200g by farming karma, etc …

Sorry I had to point this out…
150-200g? I farmed 1m karma and barely made 10g off it.
I hope that “etc” plays big part in the 150-200g story.

in Crafting

Posted by: Recently.1043

Recently.1043

Silver doubloons used to be dirt cheap. I bought all mine at ~2-3silver and there was almost no demand for them. They only exploded in price after the precurosr-pinata event.

Call me when this game gets fixed…. if it ever does….

in Crafting

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Dogblaster and V are right: the OP forgot about the demand for these weapons. Just about any guardian (and maybe some warriors) would love Juggernaut, while thieves and rangers might rather have a different legendary than Dreamer. That’s why it’s cheap: no one cares.

In the end, there will never be parity with all weapons, and that’s fine, too. You just need to go for what you’re comfortable with grinding out, if you choose to grind yourself a legendary.

in Crafting

Pig.5827

Dogblaster and V are right: the OP forgot about the demand for these weapons. Just about any guardian (and maybe some warriors) would love Juggernaut, while thieves and rangers might rather have a different legendary than Dreamer. That’s why it’s cheap: no one cares.

In the end, there will never be parity with all weapons, and that’s fine, too. You just need to go for what you’re comfortable with grinding out, if you choose to grind yourself a legendary.

As I stated earlier, the price in the Auction House for items is irrelevant. I understand that the price reflects demand of the items.

My problem is that there is no way to specifically farm Silver Doubloons and Unidentified Dyes which are needed. There is a lack of balance on acquiring both these items compared to the other items needed for every legendary.

Furthermore, you are right. “Guardians (and maybe some warriors) would love Juggernaut”…..because they’re the ONLY ones that can use it.

While yes, Warriors are the most played Class and Guardians are the third most played, to say that Silver Doubloons cost so much because it is a high demand item due to how many Juggernauts are being made, is false.

http://www.guildwars2junkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Gender-Profession-Race-Crafting-Graph-590x378.jpg

Only 2/8 classes can even use Hammers
I doubt that it is a reflection of demand and more about the lack of supply that can be obtained through farming methods.

If I’m wrong and Silver Doubloons are easy to obtain, and I’m just lazy, please share this information of how/where you were able to get more than 1 a day (from a specific mob/chest/craft),if even that.

I respect the disagreements to my opinion but at least try to look at this objectively. I am not the first to complain about being able to acquire Silver Doubloons. The same goes for Unidentified Dye.

in Crafting

Posted by: morphemass.2850

morphemass.2850

Sorry, maybe this is stupid but…shouldnt pirates, about lvl 30 or so, drop silver doubloons?

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Farmed 150-200g myself (1m karma). That was when prices were low (rares/ectos 15-20s etc). Plinx has been nerfed apparently now tho. But still, if you barely made 10g then you are seriously doing something wrong, it’s literally not POSSIBLE. You make about 40-60g just from the event rewards iirc. Please stop and think for a second lol.
Also I did not use karma boosters because I needed gold more than I needed karma.

in Crafting

Shuguard.7125

Sorry, maybe this is stupid but…shouldnt pirates, about lvl 30 or so, drop silver doubloons?

To be honest that sounds logical, i’ll test this when i get the chance. Probably kill maybe 100 pirates and see what happens, then i’ll try another 100.

Edit: Okay so i killed 100 pirates(lvl 31 w/ 3 champions in the group) with 4% MF (small i know). I got 5 blue items, 17 bags, 13 sell-ables and other whites. So no silver doubloons. I will try again later and edit this post.

(edited by Shuguard.7125)

in Crafting

Shuguard.7125

Okay so i did more searching and “bags of skritt shinies” drop silver doubloons. Where you find them is up to you. Gl hf

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucillia.8297

Lucillia.8297

Okay so i did more searching and “bags of skritt shinies” drop silver doubloons. Where you find them is up to you. Gl hf

Does it matter what level the skritt are? Also do you have any recommendations on where to farm skritt?

This doubloon business is just ridiculous. I go away for 2 weeks and the price skyrockets from something like 2-3s to 40s

in Crafting

Shuguard.7125

Does it matter what level the skritt are? Also do you have any recommendations on where to farm skritt?

This doubloon business is just ridiculous. I go away for 2 weeks and the price skyrockets from something like 2-3s to 40s

i couldn’t get any on light skritt bags(the wiki didn’t show any results of them either). Now sadly someone bought out all the skritt bags. But it’s just called “bag of skritt shinies”.
Edit: yes level will matter since i’ve only found them from the particular bags.

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

>OP
>wanting easy mode for his Legendary

Balance is in the eye of the beholder. My guild knows the perfect spot to farm Charged Lodestones. We can get 1 to 5 per hour (with MF gear of course). I get unID’d dye here and there just playing in Cursed Shore, and I’ve opened over a hundred of them so far (with 2 Abyss drops among them). Once you learn where to farm the items you need, all you need to do is stay in that area. Rinse and repeat.

And for argument’s sake, I can say that 250 Steel would be hard for me to get, since I don’t usually mine Iron nodes (with the TP being irrelevant).

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

>OP
>wanting easy mode for his Legendary

Balance is in the eye of the beholder. My guild knows the perfect spot to farm Charged Lodestones. We can get 1 to 5 per hour (with MF gear of course). I get unID’d dye here and there just playing in Cursed Shore, and I’ve opened over a hundred of them so far (with 2 Abyss drops among them). Once you learn where to farm the items you need, all you need to do is stay in that area. Rinse and repeat.

And for argument’s sake, I can say that 250 Steel would be hard for me to get, since I don’t usually mine Iron nodes (with the TP being irrelevant).

Wow, so much ignorance in so few words. Everybody knows where to farm xxx lodestones. Because they actually have set farming places. you get a couple dyes a day in Orr? I get a couple dyes a day in Caledon Forest and my supplier gets a couple dyes a day in WvWvW. Heck, people even say you can get dyes from sPvP chests. Silver doubloons are the worst item on any list. With 2×100% map completion chars I have exactly…1 of those.

And that has nothing to do with the topic, because it’s very clear what you need to do to get steel. Aka, farm iron ores. Now, if steel could drop from any node and any mob in the world at 0.1% chance, your example would actually make sense.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

i find this quite interesting, i was aware from the start how different in difficulty some of the legendaries are for others but i switched from Sunrise to Juggernaught because Quicksilver at the time was incredibly easy compared to 100 Charged Lodestones, both Molten Cores and Dubloons were a mere 4s or so and the 250 steel is a joke, honestly i thought the recipe was bugged and made it quickly after i found out just how cheap it was. this was only a few short weeks ago as i finished Juggernaut on the 30th of Nov.

plus it’s a bit late to change these recipes now, Arenanet just need to add in decent locations of farming all the materials for those odd things like Dubloons and ofc the Precursor Issue.

stick with it OP, it’s worth it in the end

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Have there been any info as to whether Legendaries will have their effects/looks improved any time soon? Seriously, as much as I love the minstrel, it doesn’t evoke ‘legendary’ as much as say Bolt for example.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Crafting

Pig.5827

So after Shuguard’s advice, I looked up the drops for Silver Doubloons from different bags.

Heres a list of all the different bags on the wiki:
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Package

Heres 3 different bags that drop Silver Doubloons (Don’t remember if there was more then that):
Bag of Skritt Shines: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Skritt_Shinies
Bag of Pilfered Goods: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bag_of_Pilfered_Goods
Light Miner’s Bag: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Light_Miner%27s_Bag

Personally, while the bag idea was a good alternative, and great advice, I don’t think it is a very practical way to get Silver Doubloons.
Beginning out, I farmed Skritt in Blazeridge Steppes at Tongue Rock, (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skritt_Sentry). The Skritt there are Gear Lobbers, Bottle Lobbers, Skritt Sentries, and Pistoliers.
The Skritt Sentries dropped them the most (for me at least), I farmed about 50 Bag of Skritt Shinies and got 0 Silver Doubloons. I then wanted to see what the statistics on the bags were, so i went to the Black Lion Trading House.

I opened a lot of bags, bought them from 75c-2s.
I spent a lot of gold on them, and I currently have 18 Silver Doubloons.
I recall opening 100 Bag of Skritt Shinies and getting 2 Silver Doubloons out of them.
Opened 100 Bag of Skritt Shinies and got 0 Silver Doubloons.
I lost track of how many I opened, but I’d say maybe 1000-1500 bags total of the ones I linked. (That is just a guess though, I did lose track)

Currently, Silver Doubloons are 40-50s a piece. Assuming that the drop of a Silver Doubloon is 1-2% (This is a rough estimate of my own experience). Buying 100 Bags at 75copper would be 75 silver for only a chance to get one (if it is a 1% chance), mind you you do get oranges and chocolate bars that sell relatively well though.

I spent all my gold cause gambling is addicting :P

Hope this helps some people.

in Crafting

TWMagimay.9057

I opened a lot of bags, bought them from 75c-2s.
I spent a lot of gold on them, and I currently have 18 Silver Doubloons.
I recall opening 100 Bag of Skritt Shinies and getting 2 Silver Doubloons out of them.
Opened 100 Bag of Skritt Shinies and got 0 Silver Doubloons.
I lost track of how many I opened, but I’d say maybe 1000-1500 bags total of the ones I linked. (That is just a guess though, I did lose track)

You can see exactly how many bags you bought(and hopefully opened) in your transaction history. Which would give a good drop rate estimate and a general idea of how much you ended up paying per SD.

Anyway, happy you found a somewhat reliable source of SD…I think that’s…good…sort of xD

in Crafting

Pig.5827

Bumping this cause Silver Doubloons are still lame to farm.

in Crafting

Posted by: ArkisTruefire.1746

ArkisTruefire.1746

Lol anyone try to craft gift of light recently?

Seems pretty unbalanced to me that Gift of Sunrise costs more than Gift of FORTUNE at the moment. (300g for gift of light + price of ori/metals + sigil + 100g icy stones)?

Not to mention Charged Lodestones are harder to come by than any T6 material. 10 runs of CoE yielded 2 chaged cores 1 lodestones. Farming this is hilarious.

Guess I’ll have to go back to power-trading for the other half of my lodestones instead of actually playing the game =).

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

Lol anyone try to craft gift of light recently?

Seems pretty unbalanced to me that Gift of Sunrise costs more than Gift of FORTUNE at the moment. (300g for gift of light + price of ori/metals + sigil + 100g icy stones)?

Not to mention Charged Lodestones are harder to come by than any T6 material. 10 runs of CoE yielded 2 chaged cores 1 lodestones. Farming this is hilarious.

Guess I’ll have to go back to power-trading for the other half of my lodestones instead of actually playing the game =).

>Balance is in the eye of the beholder. My guild knows the perfect spot to farm Charged Lodestones. We can get 1 to 5 per hour (with MF gear of course).

I can sell you all you need directly if you want. I’ll do 1 silver cheaper than TP.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

>Balance is in the eye of the beholder. My guild knows the perfect spot to farm Charged Lodestones. We can get 1 to 5 per hour (with MF gear of course).

I can sell you all you need directly if you want. I’ll do 1 silver cheaper than TP.

By Odgen’s hammer, what savings!

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

Farmed 150-200g myself (1m karma). That was when prices were low (rares/ectos 15-20s etc). Plinx has been nerfed apparently now tho. But still, if you barely made 10g then you are seriously doing something wrong, it’s literally not POSSIBLE. You make about 40-60g just from the event rewards iirc. Please stop and think for a second lol.
Also I did not use karma boosters because I needed gold more than I needed karma.

Ok I lied, I made 40g…………………………………………. so that’s 760g to go

So glad I’m past it.

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

I want to send you Gold for having one of the best replies I’ve ever seen.

But to get back to the topic, Legendary reqs are only unbalanced because of
1) the desire of the player population to have certain Legendaries
2) the lack of knowledge of where to farm for certain mats

All you need is for one of the above to change, and the prices fall.

in Crafting

Posted by: ArkisTruefire.1746

ArkisTruefire.1746

I want to send you Gold for having one of the best replies I’ve ever seen.

But to get back to the topic, Legendary reqs are only unbalanced because of
1) the desire of the player population to have certain Legendaries
2) the lack of knowledge of where to farm for certain mats

All you need is for one of the above to change, and the prices fall.

Right. Your two points are pretty obvious, but not entirely accurate for Charged Lodestones. It’s not that there’s lack of knowledge and it’s not just legendaries. People know where these drop. Just like people know where Molten and Onyx drop. There are spots sure, but that doesn’t change the rate at which they drop. The least grindy option which most people go for and most people do are dungeons.

This is the reason why even though someone bought a ton of Onyx a few days ago, is slowly going back down in price and why Molten is consistently lower in price.

Secondly, for demand, it’s not just legendaries that these are used for.

Take a look at:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charged_Lodestone

They are used for Gift of Light: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Light which has 5 weapons that people want. One of which is legendary.

Gift of Lightning: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gift_of_Lightning another two weapons. One of which is a legendary. Mjolnir itself costs another additional 250 charged lodestones.

And then there’s a not so popular legendary: Meteorlogicus which uses it for the Gift of Weather.

So you have 5 non-legendaries high in demand with one using more than twice the amount of this material. Three legendaries one of which is high in demand. Compared to other lodestones, the quantity of recipes FAR outweighs any of them.

But couple that with CoE, a dungeon that is long and to the more casual crowd, hard. Nobody wants to do it. A quick look at http://gw2lfg.com/lfgs and you will see that CoF and TA have twice the number if not more of LFGs/LFMs than CoE.

Personally, I think this is flawed and will most likely be dealt with soon. What I want is not Charged Lodestones to necessary go down in price. I want the lodestones to be more fair to obtain. Either other lodestones will get more recipes (likely) that people want or CoE will be made more worth people’s time to do or there will just be more obvious places introduced for these.

Simply: it shouldn’t be the case that Charged Lodestones cost 3x the amount of most lodestones. Unbalanced is unbalanced, not necessary always in the eye of the beholder. In this case, it’s unbalanced in both number of highly demanded recipes (and recipes in general) as well as the dungeon it primarily drops from.

And for the record, this is pretty much the only thing I need for my Sunrise atm so no I’m not impatient =). I have the cash (310g) to get them all now, but I refuse to pay the ludicrous price that they are now and would rather wait on it and start funding a second legendary.

Thanks for the 1 silver bargain deal, but I’d rather farm them via CoE runs or wait until something is done about it

(edited by ArkisTruefire.1746)

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

>Arkis

Major tip – Charged Lodestones don’t just drop from Dungeons. If you know which dynamic event spawns the right enemy that drops them, all you have to do is not completed said event, and they’ll keep spawning over and over and over (and we’re not talking about something that’s broken).

in Crafting

Posted by: Futae.9312

Futae.9312

Reading the title post (and skipping all the noise after), I have only this to say:
If all legendaries were equal, they’d have equal skins, equal effects, and equal materials. Thing is, they are not equal and I’d be astonished if A-Net spent more than half a second on the question ‘should we make these equal?’ (Answer: With the trading post: They could never be equal)

Not all legendaries are created equal.
Not all monsters drop the loot you need.
The world is round.

Deal with it.
//Futae

Will the whining ever cease for legendaries?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Yep, they drop from air elementals too, when DE is DONE. Jade maw battle too. I don’t remember any DE where air elementals keep spawning, and you can abuse of it.
Enlight us

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter