Legendary Changes (please respond anet)

in Crafting

Posted by: QualityApproved.1286

QualityApproved.1286

Hello,

I am now 70g away from getting Bifrost. I am wondering if I transmute Bifrost for different stats if they will get better when ascended weapons come out. Also, if I transmute the precusor for different stats will I still be able to craft Bifrost? And if so will Bifrost come out power,vit,tough or will it be whatever stats the precursor is (heard a rumor about that several months ago)?

From searching the forums for this anwser I have noticed a lot of people wondering the same thing with no anwser. There is a lot of time and money spent on obtaining these weapons, so even a “We are not sure right now, but will have a better understanding in x months” would be greatly appreciated!!! I am a WvW player so I would hold out for the better stats.

Thanks!

in Crafting

Posted by: Shadow Novus.7321

Shadow Novus.7321

I’m not an anet dev but speaking from how things tend to happen with mmos (glitches, oversights, etc.) I would not attempt transmuting legendaries just in case it somehow messes with it getting the ascended upgrade.

Dunno about the precursor thing.

in Crafting

Posted by: QualityApproved.1286

QualityApproved.1286

aye, that is what I plan on doing for the moment. It would just be nice to have some clarification about end game weapons that take a lot of time and money to get. I have played many many mmo’s, and this is by far the most in-the-dark mmo I have played.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Personally I wouldn’t do anything to a legendary except change out the sigil til ANet actually gives a response. IMO soldier stats aren’t that bad and really how much will you gain from say going zerker on a weapon alone.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

in Crafting

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I would expect it to NOT be upgraded to ascended if you transmute it.
however, I also expect that it will be possible to transmute it into the ascended stats you want by getting the ascended weapon with stats that you want.
I’m also not too confident current non-transmuted legendaries will be upgraded to ascended stats…

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Transmuting the precursor will break it. Transmuting essentially creates a new item while destroying the original, so the forge will not recognize said new item as being a precursor.

The fact that transmuting the stats of an exotic onto legendaries now preserves their “Legendary” rarity, I’d guess that was in preparation for the ascended change, so it’ll probably be fine. I personally wouldn’t risk it though :P

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

I’ve transmuted my Frostfang, and to be honest, if Anet doesn’t upgrade it to ascended when ascended weapons come out, I’m going to be angry.

Even if it’s a new item after being transmuted, I expect a magical script to upgrade all transmuted legendary weapons, or at least receive a free ascended weapon in the mail to transmute our legendary onto.

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

in Crafting

Posted by: Frosti.4856

Frosti.4856

Ill be mega kitten if my transmuted dreamer doesnt recieve ascended stats, its a legendary for crying out loud, theyre meant to be the best weapons in the game and they have wprse stats than ascended for goodness sake.

Frozdí 80 – Ranger Rainbows from my Bow? I Think So
Frózdí 80 – Thief IF you DARE be AWARE