Legendary Crafter - Android app

in Crafting

Posted by: Whiz.2793

Whiz.2793

Hey, I started developing android apps a while ago and I decided to make something to help people with legendary weapon crafting process. Everything else is explained in app description on google play Check it out and please leave some feedback and if you encounter any bugs/layout problems please let me know.

http://tiny.cc/w30myw

Also, if any GW2 staff see this post, tell me if I have to mention ArenaNet anywhere because of copyright etc.? I did paste “ArenaNet, all rights reserved etc.” but I don’t know if that’s enough.

Anyway, I hope you like it.

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

No permissions required and no ads. Already liking it.

Works fine on my GS3 so far, no odd text sizes or image distortions or what-not. Very simple to use. To be honest, I don’t know how often I’ll actually use it, but it is nice for checking progress when you forget which mats go with which gift, what specifically you have left to get, etc.

Not sure about any legal issues, but considering it’s free and you aren’t claiming any of the content as your own you shouldn’t be in any serious trouble. They may ask you to change some semantics but you should be alright.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Posted by: ghost.3208

ghost.3208

Yep works fine on my Arc S, very simple which is great. Already using it for setting some personal goals and it’s a great reference, thanks!

Gliradda – The Lil Death – Too Drunk to Aim
Guerreros de la Ultima Alianza [GDUA]
#TeamKiel #TeamPrecipice

in Crafting

Whiz.2793

Thanks for the feedback guys, I really appreciate it

in Crafting

Posted by: sarahcheese.1539

sarahcheese.1539

Very cool app, and easy to use
Great idea!

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

This is great! I have always used an website for this, but this app is so much better. thanks

in Crafting

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

Great app. Works fine on my Xperia.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Finally killed some time looking for anything specific, aaaaaand…

Small suggestions: I think you should have the mats for the mystic clovers shown based on the average 1/3 return rate. Someone who might solely use this app to collect materials might end up confused when they notice it’s an RNG based system for those. Mimicking the wiki’s method of listing them would probably be the easiest way. On that note, embedding wiki links might also be a decent idea for added clarity/info on items’ specific acquisition if it’s possible to toggle them on/off.

I’d wait until some real bugfixes or additions are needed though. May not be worth a whole new build for tiny things like these considering it’s pretty darn good as-is

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

in Crafting

Whiz.2793

Finally killed some time looking for anything specific, aaaaaand…

Small suggestions: I think you should have the mats for the mystic clovers shown based on the average 1/3 return rate. Someone who might solely use this app to collect materials might end up confused when they notice it’s an RNG based system for those. Mimicking the wiki’s method of listing them would probably be the easiest way. On that note, embedding wiki links might also be a decent idea for added clarity/info on items’ specific acquisition if it’s possible to toggle them on/off.

I’d wait until some real bugfixes or additions are needed though. May not be worth a whole new build for tiny things like these considering it’s pretty darn good as-is

Thanks for your suggestions, the app is still in early development so I’m taking every suggestion very seriously and I really like yours. I will definately add some of the things you suggested in the app shortly. thanks for your feedback!

in Crafting

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

It doesn’t beat gw2legendary.com so I removed it.

So my suggestion? Make it at least as good as gw2legendary.com and I’ll reinstall it. This means:
- Add individual requirements and their progress. For instance, if I have 75 Mystic Clovers, I still have 0%. Checking a checkbox would fill the subrequirements as it does now, but unchecking it would return to the previous value, not reset it to zero. typing that we have the 77 Mystic Clovers would automatically check the box.
- Add ways of acquiring the various items when we press on them. Whether by showing the various ways of acquiring it or by linking to the official wiki.
- Optional: evaluate the total cost of the legendary and the rest of the resources needed to get it. (yeah, optional if you want to keep your application offline.)
- Language: please add DE, ES & FR as these are the supported languages of the game.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

in Crafting

Whiz.2793

It doesn’t beat gw2legendary.com so I removed it.

So my suggestion? Make it at least as good as gw2legendary.com and I’ll reinstall it. This means:
- Add individual requirements and their progress. For instance, if I have 75 Mystic Clovers, I still have 0%. Checking a checkbox would fill the subrequirements as it does now, but unchecking it would return to the previous value, not reset it to zero. typing that we have the 77 Mystic Clovers would automatically check the box.
- Add ways of acquiring the various items when we press on them. Whether by showing the various ways of acquiring it or by linking to the official wiki.
- Optional: evaluate the total cost of the legendary and the rest of the resources needed to get it. (yeah, optional if you want to keep your application offline.)
- Language: please add DE, ES & FR as these are the supported languages of the game.

Your first 2 suggestions are already planned for the next update and I will start coding them tomorrow already. The “language pack” may come with future updates and I’ll see what I can do about showing prices, it’s do-able but I never worked with APIs before so I can’t make the app connect directly to game servers so the best I could do is to manually insert prices and then update them every week or something like that but I think that’s too much work, it would be better to just learn to code with APIs but as I said for now that won’t be possible. Thanks for your suggestions

in Crafting

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

I just installed it. I was wondering if there’s a way to put in your progress rather than check boxes, like I have 200 crystalline dusts, but the check boxes are kind of all-or-nothing. I wouldn’t know if I had to farm another 50 dusts or 250 without checking my bank.

Also is there a way to have like little goals? Like double tap on a check box or whatever it gets changed to to say I’m working towards this one now.

in Crafting

Whiz.2793

I just installed it. I was wondering if there’s a way to put in your progress rather than check boxes, like I have 200 crystalline dusts, but the check boxes are kind of all-or-nothing. I wouldn’t know if I had to farm another 50 dusts or 250 without checking my bank.

Also is there a way to have like little goals? Like double tap on a check box or whatever it gets changed to to say I’m working towards this one now.

For now it’s not possible but I am already working on it. In a few days, maybe a week, there will be an update and it will be possible.

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I sent this to my guildies and bf who use Android and they seem pretty excited about it. Thanks for putting the time in on this! It’s pretty awesome.
I’ll just steal my bf’s phone since I have an iPhone -.-

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

in Crafting

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

It looks nice, but I’m removing it because of the intrusive ads.

Also I’d recommend splitting the interface into two columns. Right now the progress percentage has to scroll up when you move down the list, which is not very convenient. I think it would be better displayed in a fixed left column, while the crafting materials scroll down on the right.

in Crafting

Whiz.2793

New feature coming in a day or two!

For those of you who removed the app because it didn’t support this feature, stay up to date and try it out I’m afraid that this will ruin the percentage because when implementing a new feature like this can change the whole code, so percentages when entering a certain amount of items aren’t going to be available yet (only after checking the whole checkbox, still).

Attachments: