Legendary Focus - The Minstrel

in Crafting

Posted by: Soni.7056

Soni.7056

Finally finished crafting the legendary focus Minstrel today. It seems rather underwhelming and possibly the worst legendary yet.

http://i48.tinypic.com/denp7r.jpg

The only effect that I can see is that notes will fly out from the focus, similar to the Immobulus, though to a much weaker degree making it hardly noticeable. There’s also no trail or anything similar to that of the Immobulus.

http://i49.tinypic.com/348q83s.jpg

The note effects are not even constant like the Immobulus and will disappear after a certain amount of time, making the weapon look basically just like any standard weapon without effects.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2kh64x.jpg

There is no hit, audio, or footprint effects. All you basically get is a focus with an occasional weak Immobulus effect. I figured there would be at least an audio effect considering the name of the focus.

in Crafting

Posted by: Nikkala.5842

Nikkala.5842

Congratulations on such a momentous accomplishment! I am sorry you are not happy with the special effects. Maybe they will tweak them later.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

At first I thought it was the item in your right hand on the first picture and I thought, “magically delicious”.

Then I realized it was the item in your left hand -.-;

Congratulations, though I agree with you that it appears underwhelming.

in Crafting

Posted by: orci.5019

orci.5019

Yet another Legendary letdown. Not sure what the Devs were thinking making this Focus so underwhelming. Exotic-skinned Mystic-forge items are way better than the majority of the legendaries, and that’s just pathetic.

Server: Yak’s Bend.
Main: Hunter.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jujube.4981

Jujube.4981

Wait…the legendary is in the left… hand…?

in Crafting

Posted by: Noviere.7309

Noviere.7309

Well that was my last hope for a legendary that I would use on my main, a mesmer.

in Crafting

Posted by: fykick.2569

fykick.2569

Well guys, you gotta look at it this way. You get what you worked for, and I don’t mean that in a sense of reward equals effort. I mean that in a sense of reward matches its intended use.

Its an off-hand weapon, and can’t be equipped in any other position. So what most people haven’t seemed to factor in is : What happens when I equip two legendaries with clashing auras or effects? I’m very curious the answer to this myself. Such as a bolt AND incenerator for a thief. Which footsteps?? or both??

But in wondering so, I can’t help but to think that for example, the sceptre is a main hand weapon, and main hand only, where as dagger is both off and main hand and can be equipped at the same time as a sceptre…so if both had footsteps, which would you see? Or is there something implemented that in the case of clashing effects the main hand weapon rules out? But in this scenario we don’t have to worry about that because, sceptre doesn’t have footsteps.

I really think it was kind of logic if you sit down and think about it, why some weapons have more effects than others. And that’s simply due to the mechanics of each professions ability to equip either in main hand and off hand and maybe ANET was having problems with them clashing.

Not saying that this Minstrel shouldn’t have more amazing effects, but after all, that’d prob be the extent of it, amazing particle effects.

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

It doesn’t have to be a re-use of other existing legendaries’ special effects. It could, for example, add musical accompaniment to your skill uses. Just saying there’s a lot of ways they could’ve gone with this offhand, and it appears like it went nowhere.

in Crafting

orci.5019

The harp itself looks neat, but even exotic-skinned items such as the Immobulus or The Anomaly have better model creativity (eg moving parts) and particle effects than this LEGENDARY. If legendary only means “takes a lot of time and meterials to get”, they should remove all particle effects from dusk, dawn, and the staff. Just make dusk black, dawn white, and bifrost a static rainbow colour. Equal effort should have been put into all legendaries, or they should have scrapped the idea altogether.

in Crafting

Posted by: fykick.2569

fykick.2569

On a side note

Shortly after this post, giant eyes shoot up from 30 to 50s and both 100 g immobulus are gone from the TP.

-_-

in Crafting

Posted by: Gingelyr.3648

Gingelyr.3648

I’m wondering if the particle effect is bugged. Are there any other particle effects that disappear after a certain amount of time? Maybe they are supposed to be flashier but are bugged so we never see them in flashier mode…

in Crafting

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

is the one on the right hand the immobulus? o.O

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

in Crafting

orci.5019

I’m wondering if the particle effect is bugged. Are there any other particle effects that disappear after a certain amount of time? Maybe they are supposed to be flashier but are bugged so we never see them in flashier mode…

It really would be nice to get a word from the developers/CMs if the majority of Legendary weapons really are bugged/unfinished, or if they were intended to be completely lackluster in comparison to mystic-forged exotics.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kathias.8532

Kathias.8532

Well guys, you gotta look at it this way. You get what you worked for, and I don’t mean that in a sense of reward equals effort. I mean that in a sense of reward matches its intended use.

Its an off-hand weapon, and can’t be equipped in any other position. So what most people haven’t seemed to factor in is : What happens when I equip two legendaries with clashing auras or effects? I’m very curious the answer to this myself. Such as a bolt AND incenerator for a thief. Which footsteps?? or both??

But in wondering so, I can’t help but to think that for example, the sceptre is a main hand weapon, and main hand only, where as dagger is both off and main hand and can be equipped at the same time as a sceptre…so if both had footsteps, which would you see? Or is there something implemented that in the case of clashing effects the main hand weapon rules out? But in this scenario we don’t have to worry about that because, sceptre doesn’t have footsteps.

I really think it was kind of logic if you sit down and think about it, why some weapons have more effects than others. And that’s simply due to the mechanics of each professions ability to equip either in main hand and off hand and maybe ANET was having problems with them clashing.

Not saying that this Minstrel shouldn’t have more amazing effects, but after all, that’d prob be the extent of it, amazing particle effects.

Necromancers can have axe in main hand and dagger in off hand – both of them have footstep effect so there would be a clashing of these two effects. I don’t think that this is the reason for some legendaries being so plain, perhaps they just didn’t expect us to get them so fast (in warhammer online players got to the final instance before the devs finished it – so they had to have a GM manually syncing their IDs :-D, this might be something similar).

in Crafting

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Well that was my last hope for a legendary that I would use on my main, a mesmer.

Don’t mesmers have access to a great variety though?

I don’t want to be another GS pusher so… the sword Bolt looks phenomenal in my opinion!