Legendary Greatsword Eternity

in Crafting

Posted by: Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

I have heard that Eternity was never meant to have footsteps or a blade trail and have also heard that there will be a patch coming in January that will fix this as well as some other Legendary items.
I Recently finished my Eternity after an almost 700 hour grind fest and am a little disappointed that it has not been fixed yet. I understand that there is other “important” matters in the game as well but this item took me and others a lot of time to create and I for one would like it to be as epic as possible.
There are other obvious flaws with eternity specifically being the day/night transitions which lead me to believe that it is an unfinished product currently. For example, when you un-sheath your sword during the night time while the sword is Twilight the Sunrise aura effect surrounds you instead of the twilight aura for that split second.
I can not find anywhere in most forums I have visited to validate that there will be a fix. i am here seeking an answer from a Dev and not just pure speculation.
I appreciate any helpful information that follows

in Crafting

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

I have heard that Eternity was never meant to have footsteps or a blade trail and have also heard that there will be a patch coming in January that will fix this as well as some other Legendary items.
I Recently finished my Eternity after an almost 700 hour grind fest and am a little disappointed that it has not been fixed yet. I understand that there is other “important” matters in the game as well but this item took me and others a lot of time to create and I for one would like it to be as epic as possible.
There are other obvious flaws with eternity specifically being the day/night transitions which lead me to believe that it is an unfinished product currently. For example, when you un-sheath your sword during the night time while the sword is Twilight the Sunrise aura effect surrounds you instead of the twilight aura for that split second.
I can not find anywhere in most forums I have visited to validate that there will be a fix. i am here seeking an answer from a Dev and not just pure speculation.
I appreciate any helpful information that follows

Hate to deviate from the topic, but do you have a link to the jan fix?

in Crafting

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Probably the worst legendary to get past the focus and the underwater.
Simply for the ripoff feeling you get out of it.

It’s like putting 4 endless tonics and get an endless golem tonic.

I hope for you there’ll be a fix.
And protip: youtube is your friend next time.

1+1 = potato

in Crafting

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Probably the worst legendary to get past the focus and the underwater.
Simply for the ripoff feeling you get out of it.

It’s like putting 4 endless tonics and get an endless golem tonic.

I hope for you there’ll be a fix.
And protip: youtube is your friend next time.

Meteorlogicus also got the shaft, but it’s not so bad since it looks cool.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Cool looking but so few effect that is not noticable unless someone asked you “Is that a legendary?” That is what some legendaries are like.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Thanks for the youtube tip there
Here is the link to the vid i made of it, and at 36 seconds you can see when it pops from sunrise to twilight it flashes the sunrise aura when twilight comes out. I do agree there are a lot of legendaries lacking for sure so I am not taking away from that fact at all. I feel especially for those with the mace….

in Crafting

Posted by: Mouby.7096

Mouby.7096

100% have to be a bug. Eternity, the “ultimative” greatswords has to have footsteps. They would be dumb if the create a Legendary which needs 100% more effort but is like 50% less legendary. Don’t worrie, they will fix it. I think the just need some time.

in Crafting

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

It looks far better without those footsteps to be honest.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Crafting

Posted by: God Of Kittens.7308

God Of Kittens.7308

Yes, something really does need to be done about this. I’ve seen Feanaro spending countless hours working towards acquiring this weapon only to see no added bonuses besides the greatsword skin itself. He helped me acquire Sunrise, which is an awesome weapon in itself, but what makes it even more special is the fact that you get those extra added effects. So for Eternity not to have any is really a great disappointment. Please fix devs!

in Crafting

Posted by: Riaky.8965

Riaky.8965

Eternity still looks better than most other legendaries out there.

in Crafting

Posted by: Zygil.1276

Zygil.1276

I feel Eternity would be far more desirable if it showed a ideal unity between Sunrise and Twilight. If I could suggest more ideal differences:

-The Hilt is a mixture of Sunrise and Twilight; Half Angelic and Half Demonic. The hilt core transitions between gold and red. Similar to Eternity’s item icon in inventories.
-During the Day does Eternity appear similar to Sunrise. During the night it appears as Twilight. The major difference is when the sword is used during attacks it transitions between Sunrise/Twilight.
-Footsteps transition between Sunrise style and Twilight style as the player walks, despite time of day.
-The player is wrapped in a light & darkness aura when Eternity is drawn.
-Add in some additional effects neither Sunrise or Twilight currently have.

I’ve finished Sunrise and working on Twilight (if I ever get a Dusk). I plan on keeping the two blades separate unless Eternity is improved. Just having it supposedly changed based on the time of day seems too shallow, whereas the sword should be rapidly transitioning to show it’s light and darkness nature.

in Crafting

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

It looks far better without those footsteps to be honest.

I agree. That’s why I have no interest in obtaining a legendary. The footsteps look stupid IMO.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jaxon.5392

Jaxon.5392

I’d like to see when the sword is drawn as twilight your armour is sunrise, and when the sword changes to sunrise your armour changes to twilight

That would be sweet

in Crafting

Posted by: Fook.3914

Fook.3914

longbow legend look like bird crap for the foot steps

in Crafting

Mouby.7096

still unfinished. Hope we will see a official statement soon.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

IMO eternity is a waste anyway. When you have both Sunrise and Twilight you can switch between them whenever u want. You’re not bound to time or anything. They also have more effects than eternity.

Eternity shouldnt be just an exact copy of Sunrise at daytime and Twilight at nighttime, it should bring more to the table than that.

in Crafting

Mouby.7096

Yeah, i think you should see a person got Eternity and not twilight/sunrise.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ashless.5126

Ashless.5126

Would love to see a response from dev on this one. Waiting.

in Crafting

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Just recently got Sunrise(love it <3), and was thinking about Eternity. Then I was like it’s pointless. As Shizzlenit said you could just swap out the two when ever you feel like it. Then there’s no footsteps on top of it….

Eternity is the ultimate legendary. Yet it is inferior to both Sunrise and Twilight.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Crafting

Posted by: DJSkittles.7196

DJSkittles.7196

Idk, It still looks pretty kitten coming from someone whos rolling around with a Mysitc Spike and Corrupted Shard. Just be thankful you aint a Dagger Dagger Ele…aint nobody ever gonna see my puny weapons…

in Crafting

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Still no fix for this as of the latest patch. And not to mention it is actually worse now than before…I made a quick clip to show the sword does the opposite of what i stated before now meaning when I un-sheath the sword it flashes the twilight aura instead and the sword is clearly sunrise. Not to mention that when I took this video I was about 30 minutes into night time in curse shore so my sword never changed from sunrise to twilight. Please please please fix this, i know something was changed with it because the sword is acting different but it is still so broken. I spent too much time making it to just sit back and watch other legendaries get more epic and eternity just gets left in the dust.

in Crafting

Mouby.7096

Still bugged, all other legendaries get more and more epic but Eternity is just crap….

I wish we could ever get a statement to this topic…

Eternity should be way better than sunrise/twilight.

At the moment it’s even less epic <.<

in Crafting

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Still bugged, all other legendaries get more and more epic but Eternity is just crap….

I wish we could ever get a statement to this topic…

Eternity should be way better than sunrise/twilight.

At the moment it’s even less epic <.<

Agreed. It seems that it was their intent to give eternity some different features so you could distinguish between the swords which makes sense. It is a real shame that they decided to take away some effects to achieve this. It really should keep the effects of twilight and sunrise at the very least. I think that is all we are really asking at this point. It would be much appreciated to receive a response. Right now I’m just left feeling I made a mistake making this sword and wishing I could uncombine them.

in Crafting

Posted by: KiIIitch.2360

KiIIitch.2360

That’s why it’s called Eternity, cause that’s how long it’s gonna take for them to fix it! ROTFL! xD

I have the twilight and even checked the wiki…which states and shows image of a black aura but I never even see the aura on when I have it drawn. Is this issue related?

EDIT: I did a total makeover, making my size as small as I could and now I can see it. Apparently it vanishes when you are a maxed size norn. Changing to petite female definitely shows the aura.

(edited by KiIIitch.2360)

in Crafting

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

im working on eternity as well just stuck on loadstones and precursers atm. i wanted it because it is a mix of 2 legendary wepons.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Crafting

Posted by: Ashless.5126

Ashless.5126

Make it like your character dual wielding 2 greatswords ..one is sunrise on 1 hand ..twilight on another ..with a chain connecting them lol.

in Crafting

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

id really like the option to hide footsteps from legendaries tbh.
speaking about eternity, what about dividing the sword in two parts with an horizontal line (golden maybe?) – half twilight and half sunrise.

in Crafting

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thanks for the youtube tip there
Here is the link to the vid i made of it, and at 36 seconds you can see when it pops from sunrise to twilight it flashes the sunrise aura when twilight comes out. I do agree there are a lot of legendaries lacking for sure so I am not taking away from that fact at all. I feel especially for those with the mace….

I think Eternity should have it’s own unique handle and then just the blade should change appearance at the switch-over. But that’s just my HO.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Crafting

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Bumping this again in the hopes of getting some attention. Please give Eternity a blade trail if nothing else. Been on this Eternity fix for the past 4 months, lets get this epic blade the attention it deserves!

(edited by Feanaro Telrunya.5037)

in Crafting

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

I’m not going away =P

in Crafting

Feanaro Telrunya.5037

Today was the day. WooHoo!