Legendary Speargun - Frenzy

in Crafting

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

I finished crafting the legendary speargun today.
The model looks pretty good imo and i like the fish popping around me, it was definitly worth it for me.

Effects included in that legendary:

-Water flowing inside the speargun.
-Little blue bubbles and big purple bubbles popping near the weapon.
-Fish swimming around the weapon, only works when not moving though (Bug? Would be so much worth it if they popped non stop, i need a trail of fish behind me)
-(updated, not shown in the video): The fish actually follow you around if you stay close enough to them, otherwise they just swim randomly around before disappearing. Those isolated fish will start following you again if you come close to them (but end up disappearing soon since those fish lives a short life).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmAZBhfpxgA&feature=youtu.be

I would like to thanks:

- My guildmates for lending me 6g in order to buy those last icy runestones today and helping me farming hotw and some other stuff.
- Gandara WvW population for fun battles while collecting the badges of jumping… yeah i got 1/3 by jumping.
- Guild Lords/Guild supervisors for being the best source of badge outside the jumping puzzle, almost always dropping 2.
- The people i played with while farming hotw for the gift of the sanctuary.
-The people in Orr and Southsun Cove that made farming far less boring that it should’ve been (not that i hate grinding though :p).

Attachments:

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

(edited by Puru.4217)

in Crafting

Posted by: Berkut.2837

Berkut.2837

Congratulations to you. I hope you enjoy it.

Auri Nimayil: Lvl 80 Thief (Kaineng)

in Crafting

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Don’t you feel at least a little bit like you’re trolling yourself?

I mean a Legendary is all about Prestige and yet people will rarely get to see your weapon.

Gratz though.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

gratz =DD the effects seem really really nice =D

in Crafting

Puru.4217

Don’t you feel at least a little bit like you’re trolling yourself?

I mean a Legendary is all about Prestige and yet people will rarely get to see your weapon.

Gratz though.

Not really. I had no skin i (i insist on the I) liked more than frenzy for the speargun, which definitly wasn’t the case for sword, pistols, dagger or shortbows and their legendary version. The choice was then easy really.

My second legendary choice would’ve been the underwater spear btw :p

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

congrats!D
that is awesome and i’m starting to really take a liking towards underwater combat, though chances aren’t high but when in water, it’s awesome.

my second legendary is going to be the spear as well. good luck with that s well! thanks for the share : ))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Congratulations! Looking forward to the video!

in Crafting

Posted by: Maat.2065

Maat.2065

I’m delighted to see that I’m not the only one who wants this! Congrats on the Legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: braq.1298

braq.1298

Gratz!
it was Nice to farm with u at southshore
(bragor the mighty guardian)

in Crafting

Posted by: kwolf.4306

kwolf.4306

World first?

in Crafting

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

and probably Last.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in Crafting

Puru.4217

I added a short video. Enjoy.
Not the best quality but it’s still ok.

in Crafting

Posted by: frostybroc.5329

frostybroc.5329

That looks amazing!

Brandish your weapon or get dropped to the canvas – Inspectah Deck

in Crafting

Posted by: Caelib.2497

Caelib.2497

and probably Last.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! I don’t understand why anyone would invest so much time and money into something nobody will ever see.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ivanov.8914

Ivanov.8914

Let’s hope to see more content like underwater fractal, and we won’t have so much ..reluctance…to make these legendaries.Which imo are pure awesomesauce.

in Crafting

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

and probably Last.

LOL! I was thinking the same thing! I don’t understand why anyone would invest so much time and money into something nobody will ever see.

Maybe because people like getting things for themselves and not just to show off? seriously guys, lol. This is why a majority of people rage at legendary weilders because of this mindset.

To the OP, gratz!!

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Crafting

Posted by: Leowan.4389

Leowan.4389

Very cool, Congrats!

Leowan (Ranger) / Patrel Braveling (Thief) / Agusta Steelton (Guardian) / Danner Braveling (Warrior)

in Crafting

Posted by: exits.8075

exits.8075

Look, when it comes to hunting down mesmers in the west keep in WvWvW, you’ll be feared :p

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Nice! It comes with its own pet fish!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

Congratulations! That does look awesome. Now I want a legendary more than ever.

in Crafting

Posted by: Angelavenger.9614

Angelavenger.9614

Oh that looks much cooler then i imagined. congratulations! I hope to see more cool underwater combat stuff added. I really want more combo finisher fields for underwater.

in Crafting

Posted by: ljaphillips.3497

ljaphillips.3497

and probably Last.

He did it because he wanted to, and it gave him pleasure and satisfaction. He needs no other reason.

Gratz on your personal achievement!

in Crafting

Posted by: Mercypsy.9602

Mercypsy.9602

Very, very cool. Congrats!

in Crafting

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

At least , doing underwater fractals, you will have your 5 seconds of glory. If someone even notice it. Gz i guess you’re happy with it.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Gz.
But tell me this is your 2nd legendary….

in Crafting

Puru.4217

Gz.
But tell me this is your 2nd legendary….

Nope it’s my only legendary, i actually don’t plan on getting another one atm as i find the other choice available for my thief not in my taste or overclassed (with the exception of the shark spear but i’d like a non underwater one aswell if possible), not saying they are fugly (they aren’t) but i have regular skins i like better so i don’t see the point of getting one as showing off isn’t my goal (why would i anyway?), i just want skins i like.

I’m indeed planning on crafting another one but i’m pretty much waiting for a new batch of legendaries right now. And this one will be crafted casually, which means 6 month of gameplay unless they release ascended gears with even more ridiculous requirement :p

If the new legendaries aren’t to my taste then i’ll simply wait another batch, etc.

(edited by Puru.4217)

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Bro, i don’t want to be mean, we are laughing on your back, you seriously wasted loads of mats, gift, etc for… that underwater weapon even you will see just for a few minutes doing a fractal or hotw noone is running anymore (Except a few, for personal quick interests and leave when done)? Ping it on map, if you want a gz, at least. Lol..

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Crafting

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

Don’t listen to the kids who only want the shiny greatsword everyone has. It’s nice to see not everyone is going for the same. Congrats!

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Don’t listen to the kids who only want the shiny greatsword everyone has. It’s nice to see not everyone is going for the same. Congrats!

I’m wearing tracksuit pants, but my underwear are 100% Gucci made from the finest material!!

in Crafting

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

Bro, i don’t want to be mean, we are laughing on your back, you seriously wasted loads of mats, gift, etc for… that underwater weapon even you will see just for a few minutes doing a fractal or hotw noone is running anymore (Except a few, for personal quick interests and leave when done)? Ping it on map, if you want a gz, at least. Lol..

Bro, I don’t want to correct you, but it’s not a waste if the person who used those mats didn’t think it was a waste, in which, as he states, he does not think it was a waste.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

in Crafting

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

For something called ‘Frenzy’, I was really expecting it to have an entire school of rapid fish flip out on things when you attack. Still, looks pretty nifty for a rainbow gun. Congratulations!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Bro, I don’t want to correct you, but it’s not a waste if the person who used those mats didn’t think it was a waste, in which, as he states, he does not think it was a waste.

The point was neither him can enjoy his own so hard worked legendary if not for a few minutes of fractals or playing hotw all the day just for the sake to give himself a justification of his weapon and he owns one. I mean, he maybe like that weapon, no doubt. But gw2 at the current stage doesn’t justify at all to spend so many resources for… that thing. Just to add, hotw having or not having his weapon doesn’t change a bit the results on 2 paths where there is a bit of underwater, even when will be updated as ascended , nor 3 minutes fighting the beginning of underswater fractals , the boss fight is kite him to the light, not surely based on his weapon and people jelous of him haha

in Crafting

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Speak for yourself. You should consider that maybe he isn’t so insecure that he needs to wave his weapon in your face all the time and get your approval to make himself feel good. If he likes it, then its the right choice for him.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

in Crafting

Rising Dusk.2408

The point was neither him can enjoy his own so hard worked legendary if not for a few minutes of fractals or playing hotw all the day just for the sake to give himself a justification of his weapon and he owns one. I mean, he maybe like that weapon, no doubt. But gw2 at the current stage doesn’t justify at all to spend so many resources for… that thing. Just to add, hotw having or not having his weapon doesn’t change a bit the results on 2 paths where there is a bit of underwater, even when will be updated as ascended , nor 3 minutes fighting the beginning of underswater fractals , the boss fight is kite him to the light, not surely based on his weapon and people jelous of him haha

I anticipate that there will be a largely underwater expansion in the future, so he may yet get a lot more mileage out of his legendary. That said, it doesn’t hurt you for him to enjoy his underwater legendary, so perhaps you should lay off a bit. Not everyone makes a legendary to show it off; sometimes it’s more for personal edification and the sense of achievement.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Crafting

Posted by: gogoapoxy.1425

gogoapoxy.1425

Glad I am not the only one going for underwater legendaries. I am aiming after two of them.

My reasoning is this…

They are not account bound.
I do not intend on using the same weapon for the next several years. If I were to get a land legendary, I would feel like I HAD to always use it. If they were transferable to my other characters…maybe.

As underwater only has two weapons I am stuck regardless.

I do enjoy making a new playstlye every so often…

in Crafting

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I’d take this over an eternity any day.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Crafting

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

haha, the fish swarm effect is neat.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

I anticipate that there will be a largely underwater expansion in the future, so he may yet get a lot more mileage out of his legendary. That said, it doesn’t hurt you for him to enjoy his underwater legendary, so perhaps you should lay off a bit. Not everyone makes a legendary to show it off; sometimes it’s more for personal edification and the sense of achievement.

Largely underwater expansion. On which future, how far? Because the update slowly hints appears to me more ring of fire, than an underwater section. And well, fire and water doesn’t sound so much compatible to me No doesn’t hurt me at all, i guess he’s proud of it, and sometimes even alone when water is near his feet he happily smile “Yay water, my uberexpensive legendary wielded to kill a fish and get a scale hitting him harder now is updated like an ascended than with my exotic underwater weapon” Erm..

Good for him if he crafted a legendary spending weeks of karma , work hard, mats over mats (assuming he didn’t use the cheats i prefectly explained on an other thread ) for the sake of have a legendary achievement done on login screen. I understood fantasy mmos , expecially this one so much fashonistas-based, was “i work hard for that legendary and kitten i’ll be so proud to wield one”. (Guess why i’m so proud of my arah fullset not exploited mastering the hardest longer content in-game )
About this weapons the question is “Erm… when..? Ah right, hotw, lemme group with my buddies” “No sorry i’m busy, i have to do fractals. Come, maybe we have the underwater one oke ^^’ ?”

Jeez. I wasn’t being mean, don’t make me appear one.

“I anticipate” was hylarious, didn’t see a dev tag near your name.

in Crafting

Posted by: Xaaz.8472

Xaaz.8472

and probably Last.

He’ll see it. That’s all that matters.

Some people don’t need to play for the Epeeen factor.

in Crafting

Rising Dusk.2408

“I anticipate” was hylarious, didn’t see a dev tag near your name.

I do not think that word means what you think it means.

I’d address the rest of your post, but it hurts to read due to the illegibility and, quite frankly, you’re not even making a cohesive argument. You seem stuck on the idea that one has to show off a legendary to appreciate it or enjoy it, which is intrinsically fallacious in nature.

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

You should have used the words “I keep dreaming, for his sake too” would have been less hylarious
Sorry to tell you, but underwater on this game is not so beloved nor popular, less we have , less complains about not requested content we will read.

And yes, sorrry but i don’t waste weeks and weeks and mats and mats for a value most casual can barely dream for 2 minute if i’m on a fractal, and i have to stop to fight. move the camera and zoom the weapon to remember myself i made that idiot weapon instead of many other cool ones, using similar mats. Not the 100th twilight, nor this useless crap for sure.

in Crafting

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Yes, because the only reason to get a legendary is to show off and make yourself feel better about whatever ails you.

Actually, it sounds like you’re starting to take it personally that someone was able to make a legendary weapon but made one you personally don’t deem worthy. Lol! How ridiculous.

Anyway, congrats, it looks awesome. I want to see a trident in action next…

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

(edited by Amurond.4590)

in Crafting

Lucas Ashrock.8675

No, i’m the one who will never craft an underwater weapon neither if i have all mats and money neeeded and 10 precursors for it.

The trident:

http://youtu.be/JzI7tSkSUDE