Legendary Weapon rarity

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: StaplesofDoom.1230

StaplesofDoom.1230

This was just a random post I was thinking of while browsing the Trading Post. I see legendaries on there, for high amounts of gold. I was just curious about opinions on this. It’s my feeling, that legendary weapons should NOT be able to be sold, because to me, this takes away a lot of the pride of owning one, when someone may look at you and think “That person just bought gems, traded for gold, and bought the Legendary, all in one afternoon”. This makes the person who DID do the grinding work, hours upon hours of play and put a significant portion of their resources into it, indistinguishable from Mr. High Credit Limit. I may be wrong on a LOT of this, but this was my opinion, and I’m curious about yours.

A possible solution I’m sure was discussed was making the weapons character bound on creation.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Masamoon.3864

Masamoon.3864

At first I thought they weren’t going to make them sellable, but that changed fast. Though I still wouldn’t mind selling the Kudzu I still haven’t used for ~1700-1800 gold to get two Sparks and make them into Incinerators instead.

Sanghae, legends can be true.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

If someone actually bought gems and traded em for gold to buy a premade legendary, they are morons. I mean thats like 1000$+ RL cash for some pixels which atm are just skins. And yes i agree, making legendaries sellable was a big mistake but looking at ANet’s trackrecord so far with game decisions….yeah i’m not even gonna touch that one.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

I am glad that they are sellable, I am trying to get one at which point I plan on sending it to a rl friend.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Revan.6259

Revan.6259

I am glad that they are sellable, I am trying to get one at which point I plan on sending it to a rl friend.

Man, you’re a nice friend. That’s a lot of work for something to give away

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Nonfat.8742

Nonfat.8742

He’s probably hoping she’ll finaly love him back after he sends her the legendary.

If I’m wrong then you’re the niecest person I don’t know

[Piken Square]

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Let’s not kid ourselves.

90% of the Legendary grind came down to money anyway and could be bypassed if you could afford it.

So while it does diminish their value to have them sold for gold, I can understand why.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Culzean.8571

Culzean.8571

Don’t forget the 100% map completion, hundreds of skill points and million karma. You can’t just buy those.

-Wulf

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

Don’t forget the 100% map completion, hundreds of skill points and million karma. You can’t just buy those.

None of those are hard to get.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

well gold is not hard to get either. for me it took longer to get karma. not fan of DE’s

kill all ze thingz

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Im concerned about how cheap they are selling for. There has been a drop in price in the last couple of weeks for them. Also this whilst the precursor has slowly and steadily been increasing in price. IMO if you want to acquire your legendary by gold, then Id do it now. I can’t imagine the prices staying as low as they are now.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: ddak.3150

ddak.3150

Arena net promised a lot things ….Legendary is…hmmm… Just not worth it

1. They said that you won’t be able to buy best gear – that you will need to play to earn it that someone will need karma, lot of time playing – well – someone pay 1500 euros and buy the legendary – no playing, no farming – just pay the real money

2. They mocked other games for grinding (WoW) , even on gw2 manifesto Collin says “hey I swing a sword,hey I did it again…” mentioned boring grind – while Guild Wars 2 is the most epic grind among MMO games – leveling is the only thing not grindy – leveling character is really epic I admit

3. I remember 1st time they mentioned legendary weapons- they said – “our legendary weapons are nothing you’ve ever seen so far” – well it’s true. The design of the 95% of them is absolutely non imaginitive- non legendary. 90% of the people wants the greatsword,other 10 wants the bow perhaps, or nothing

4. Game is still not optimized well – in Orr, i’m standing still at one place – 50 fps. Turn just a little bit to the right (like 2 milimetres) – drops to 23 fps.Nothing happening on the screen.Pro programming..

And so on..

Don’t get me wrong, I play this game every day for a couple of hours, it has the potential to be truly epic – some parts of the game already are the best you can find in any MMO game. But they just did not delivered all the things they promised, that made a lot of people hyped- so perhaps in future they will.

After all, thy have the small team, doubt that they can handle everything at once that few million people throw on them.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

This was just a random post I was thinking of while browsing the Trading Post. I see legendaries on there, for high amounts of gold. I was just curious about opinions on this. It’s my feeling, that legendary weapons should NOT be able to be sold, because to me, this takes away a lot of the pride of owning one, when someone may look at you and think “That person just bought gems, traded for gold, and bought the Legendary, all in one afternoon”. This makes the person who DID do the grinding work, hours upon hours of play and put a significant portion of their resources into it, indistinguishable from Mr. High Credit Limit. I may be wrong on a LOT of this, but this was my opinion, and I’m curious about yours.

A possible solution I’m sure was discussed was making the weapons character bound on creation.

If a person has an extra $200 (Approximately 2000 gold, at 1.5 gold per 100 gems, or ~13500 gems) to throw at ArenaNet for a subscription-free game, let him have the Legendary Skin that gives him 20% more coolness factor. Doesn’t effect your gameplay.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Unless it’s way too late at night, you are short by one zero on that 200$. You would need close to 2000$ for a legendary since 13500 gems at 1.5g per 100 is about 203g.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Bailey.6892

Bailey.6892

He’s probably hoping she’ll finaly love him back after he sends her the legendary.

lol no it is actually for a friend who I hope does not love me. Besides as far as I am concerned any “girl” in game who asks for help is really a 300 pound truck driver from Iowa.

Sadly no luck in getting one, more farming this weekend and will try again. Does magic find help with creating things in the mf?

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Aristio.2784

Aristio.2784

Unless it’s way too late at night, you are short by one zero on that 200$. You would need close to 2000$ for a legendary since 13500 gems at 1.5g per 100 is about 203g.

I always lurk late at night, but yes, $2,000. Anyone who literally donates $2,000 to a game with no subs deserves something special.

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I already spent $75 on gem cards currently (two make overs and 50 fine stones and 2 storage panes). What I’m probably going to do in the next 2 years career wise will probably give me enough money IRL to do anything I want game wise. Yet I’ll probably see if there is an in game way to get all the legendaries easily for my characters before I stoop that low.

$2000 isn’t hard to acquire and spend if you really don’t require much in needs in life.

I don’t drink alcohol, smoke or drink coffee, so that could save me or anyone more than enough a year to buy a single legendary if you add up how much would be saved in a year from not drinking or smoking or going out to eat or anything.

This is all saying if certain savings methods are applied.

A non smoker saves $1500 a year. Not sure how much you save not buying beer/alcohol ever.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

Legendary Weapon rarity

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

lol no it is actually for a friend who I hope does not love me. Besides as far as I am concerned any “girl” in game who asks for help is really a 300 pound truck driver from Iowa.

Sadly no luck in getting one, more farming this weekend and will try again. Does magic find help with creating things in the mf?

O.o I’m from Iowa, small world.