Legendary weapon? why?

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

What’s the point in legendary weapons? I notice some have certain perks next to their damage (fire) etc.

Are these weapon’s worth the effort? I don’t know why I would want to get a legendary weapon when other weapons have higher stats? Or do legendary weapons do damage that isn’t blocked by armor I dunno what the point is can someone tell me?

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

the damage (like fire) is purely cosmetic

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

I dunno what the point is can someone tell me?

The point is that they have skins which some people enjoy looking at. If you think a Legendary is pretty enough to be worth all the trouble of getting one, go get one. If you don’t like how they look, don’t get one.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

i got incinerator simply because there are no other cool looking daggers (Well… Almost) and i needed a long term goal to keep me playing. I LOVE having a goal, and see the progress.

Now, after my legendary i am going for commander status. Then to gear my warrior with weapons (Foefire power atleast) And we will see what i want after that.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

Legendaries generally look better than most other weapons of the same type. They’re also guaranteed to be upgraded stat-wise whenever ascended or higher tier weapons are released, guaranteeing it will always be BiS. Since this question usually follows: It’s currently unknown whether legendaries with transmuted stats will be upgraded when ascended weapons are released. (I’m talking about ascended stat-wise, not the fractal skins.)

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

There’s also an achievement which hits you in the face every time you log in. If it wasn’t for the achievement, I think many players would not even consider obtaining a legendary. The effort and gold required is excessive for simply a BiS piece of gear that scales upward with future releases.

However GW has always been about skins (as it should be). However, I don’t like that achievements are associated with such skins.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Jayw.1045

Jayw.1045

Thanks for the info I don’t like how any of them loooook soo that’s a wasted effort I don’t have to go for. Still crafting one eventually and selling it will prob be what I end up doing =D

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I think that’s inaccurate. The weapon does fire based damage instead of physical (but plenty of other weapons can do that…not just legendary ones). The Legacy sword skin is an example.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

Just wait for second generation Legendaries and hope there are some better looking short bows

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

I think that’s inaccurate. The weapon does fire based damage instead of physical (but plenty of other weapons can do that…not just legendary ones). The Legacy sword skin is an example.

Nope, just visual. I have the incinerator and (fire) means that sometimes, the enemy gets a new death animation where they burn to death

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Serkz.3140

Serkz.3140

I see the value of legendaries. I have the Twilight. However, I am contemplating about the Mjolnir. The requirements are as egregious as legendaries but without the “accomplishment”. In fact, it will cost more to craft than some legendaries. It’s rare but the ele conjure hammer also shares the same skin. idk…

80 ele | wolf rank | Bgate

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Emokidlol.5270

Emokidlol.5270

I have a guildy that says it’s a way of showing “Progression” I don’t see it that way at all, I think how you play your character shows progression. Either way he’s spending hundreds of gold etc for the item’s skin, for Incinerator. And ya see the things stats, absolute garbage. To me it’s wasting your time/gold for a skin, complete utter waste imo. Too each his own ..

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I see the value of legendaries. I have the Twilight. However, I am contemplating about the Mjolnir. The requirements are as egregious as legendaries but without the “accomplishment”. In fact, it will cost more to craft than some legendaries. It’s rare but the ele conjure hammer also shares the same skin. idk…

… Your post didnt explain how you see the value of legendaries.

Put simply: There is no “value”. It doesnt give stats boost even though I think that legendaries should be classed as their own, better tier (ie Legendary, one tiny notch above Ascended) and not mere exotics. The visual effects are not in any way worth the expense and time invested – I seriously doubt even hardcore farmers will say that even if they want the effect and they play just for that goal. You do get an achievement but its a tiny one. Hell a Legendary should be like 200+ acheivement points!

That said, I just bid on The Legend.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

The visual effects are not in any way worth the expense and time invested.

That is your opinion. With limited amount of weapons in the game, most of us strive for the coolest looking one. It gives us a goal.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Zumy.6318

Zumy.6318

My goal is to fill up my signature.

Thief | Zumy [Buka]
Legendary counter: Twilight, Bolt, Incinerator, Incinerator Nr. 2, Meteorlogicus, The Dreamer

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Heylo.4938

Heylo.4938

I like how they look and the effects they have, plus it gives me a long term goal. Good enough for me.

Sickest Guild [NA] Blackgate

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I have a guildy that says it’s a way of showing “Progression” I don’t see it that way at all, I think how you play your character shows progression. Either way he’s spending hundreds of gold etc for the item’s skin, for Incinerator. And ya see the things stats, absolute garbage. To me it’s wasting your time/gold for a skin, complete utter waste imo. Too each his own ..

Guild Wars is, was, and will be about horizontal progression though. There will always be a plateau of power this is relatively easily reached. Anything after that is cosmetic. GW1 is the same way.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Outside of the login medal and a few ap, I don’t see any reason. Atm I see them as cof grind weapons or tp weapons and do not hold the same level of respect for them as I do for…fractal weapons or arah armor as examples.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

What’s the point in legendary weapons? I notice some have certain perks next to their damage (fire) etc.

Are these weapon’s worth the effort? I don’t know why I would want to get a legendary weapon when other weapons have higher stats? Or do legendary weapons do damage that isn’t blocked by armor I dunno what the point is can someone tell me?

To impress people who are impressed by such things if you care to impress them…yeah that’s pretty much it.

Currently the time it takes to get a legendary can be spent getting maxed out (even when asc gear is fully added I’d reckon it would still be far easier to get maxed out w/asc gear than craft legendaries), but they added some stat changing out-of-combat thing to them so stat-wise you don’t need to have 2-3 sets of gear in your inventory. However since you can’t change out runes/sigils/traits in the same way I wonder exactly how useful it will be-usually your different sets of gear have different runes as they serve different purposes and require a different trait load out as well.

So…really it’s just to show off if you think getting a sword based on luck in a game is noteworthy.

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

They’re pretty and they give me something to do :P
I don’t regret getting my bolt, I’m happy with it everytime i log in

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Bahlol.6125

Bahlol.6125

Based on the latest blog its worth getting a legendary. They will be upgraded into acended status and also you will be able to change the weapons status into how ever you want ( berserker, cleric, night, … Etc) when you get out of combat and no need to transmute it. So 1 weapn with changable status is somting i look for in a legendary, and you cant complain about the looks

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: PMilkos.9103

PMilkos.9103

and you cant complain about the looks

Well, actually I can. The reason why I never even considered trying to make a legendary is because the dagger is hideous, the staff is boring and the Axe/Focus, while very nice, clash heavily with each other and with any necromancer aesthetics I can think of.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Based on the latest blog its worth getting a legendary. They will be upgraded into acended status and also you will be able to change the weapons status into how ever you want ( berserker, cleric, night, … Etc) when you get out of combat and no need to transmute it. So 1 weapn with changable status is somting i look for in a legendary, and you cant complain about the looks

That alone would truly make it a Legendary unlike any other weapon, yes. It would even weigh up the cost a bit.

Anyway, I built my Bifrost 5 minutes ago and I kept thinking about this before equipping it (I couldnt afford the 105 gold listing fee anyway).

Ignoring what we know about potential future changes, then I would still say no, it wasnt really worth the time and the cost. Yes its pretty and all, but in the end running around with say The Crossing (130g) vs Bifrost (2100g) is the same kitten thing. Bifrost isnt 16 times prettier and/or better. If it would have been 130 vs 400 gold or something like that, then it would be a whole different argument.

Its really the same argument about cars. Yeah you can get a $2,000,000 Koenigsegg or you can get a $2000 15 year old Volvo – if it does whakittens supposed to do it will still be a good car. Would people argue that the Koenigsegg is “worth it” over said Volvo in order to get a better car? Errr… I doubt it. Most people – if not all people – would argue thakittens extreme waste and only serious enthusiast would even consider it. A luxuary car would be “only” $100,000 or something, just a fraction of the cost for the Koenigsegg.

You can even see how this directly relate to GW2: 2g, 100g or 2000g? Same factors.

AAAAAAAAAH! Too philosophical. Dont care. Got Bifrost.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

lol Dawdler, I see your point about Legendaries like Bifrost vs The Crossing, but unfortunately there is too much inequality between Legendaries for this comparison to be generalizable to the issue of whether Legendaries are worth it.

I was originally going to get Frostfang, but had the same issues as you, I might as well just get a Corrupted Axe, there’s not much difference, especially from a distance.

I changed my mind and got Sunrise instead because, to me, those greatswords are everything a Legendary should be. It blows my mind how much more epic they are than many of the others, and honestly it really seems unfair. But meh I guess.

So the answer for me, prior to the news about changing stats while OOC, would be yes some Legendaries are worth it on a purely cosmetic basis, others are not.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

THUNDERKITTENS HO!

Attachments:

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Legendaries generally look better than most other weapons of the same type. They’re also guaranteed to be upgraded stat-wise whenever ascended or higher tier weapons are released, guaranteeing it will always be BiS. Since this question usually follows: It’s currently unknown whether legendaries with transmuted stats will be upgraded when ascended weapons are released. (I’m talking about ascended stat-wise, not the fractal skins.)

Assuming your definition of best includes ostentatious, waving your kitten around, godawful gaudy, then yes. It’s the best looking.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Sleel.8365

Sleel.8365

Well, actually I can. The reason why I never even considered trying to make a legendary is because the dagger is hideous, the staff is boring and the Axe/Focus, while very nice, clash heavily with each other and with any necromancer aesthetics I can think of.

Second that. I find them all godawful fugly.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

PMilkos.9103

Second that. I find them all godawful fugly.

I think you’re exaggerating. Not all of them are bad looking – the greatswords in particular are incredible (though if they’re really worth 500+ times more than a more common exotic greatsword is a whole different matter). However, if I ever get my hands on the person that decided that the only legendary mace should be a discoball on a stick I’ll definitely have to bash some sense into them…

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: animalmom.1062

animalmom.1062

they look better. If that pleases you and you like achieving something that takes a long time than have at it.

I personally like when I’m chasing someone in WvW and I toss an Incinerator cripple at someone. Looks excellent.

And the dreamer shuts my ability to play well down for a few seconds every time someone shoots at me.

i see the rainbow and say w.t.f.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

Outside of the login medal and a few ap, I don’t see any reason. Atm I see them as cof grind weapons or tp weapons and do not hold the same level of respect for them as I do for…fractal weapons or arah armor as examples.

i hold the same respect for any set of armor and weapon as all of them are equal easy to obtain tho some takes longer but that wont make them harder
given your comment fractal weapon should give alot of respect(i think i have 7-8 in the bank just collectiong dust as they are ugly in my oppinion, arah is to easy and boring to do with the looks only semi ok where there are bether looking othere places like HotW)
but thats just my opinion, and yes legendarys are way to easy to maky in my opinion to as there is nothing legendary about them.

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Why do you assume that any other weapon would have better stats??
legendary weapons have and will have the highest stats!

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

They look cool and if you get for example Frostfang, that will be the only Axe you will ever need for that character. Always highest stats, which you can decide out of combat from all the available combos.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Dempsey.8760

Dempsey.8760

No, there is no “fire” damage, there are only 2 damage types in this game direct damage and condition damage.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

No, there is no “fire” damage, there are only 2 damage types in this game direct damage and condition damage.

And fall damage.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Phate.4871

Phate.4871

And fall damage.

Fall damage is subtracted from current health based on height, aka directly.

FA warrior and mesmer.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Guild Wars is, was, and will be about horizontal progression though. There will always be a plateau of power this is relatively easily reached. Anything after that is cosmetic. GW1 is the same way.

I think you missed the memo where they said Vertical Progression is the new goal.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

I think you missed the memo where they said Vertical Progression is the new goal.

Got a link for that? Pretty sure they said character progression, NOT vertical

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Got a link for that? Pretty sure they said character progression, NOT vertical

http://www.reddit.com/user/Mike-OBrien-ArenaNet

Try that one.

or this one.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/13v5is/chris_whitesite_ama_11262012_qa_transcript/

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

I have to say that in light of the alterable stats announcement, there now IS a real reason to own a Legendary Weapon. Whether or not it is a legit reason and worth the cost and effort depends on the individual.

I still have 7 characters around LVL 60 so, I’m not looking for an “impossible dream” at the moment, but the adjustable stat announcement changed my view from “no way!” to “I’ll see when I get there”.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

to make pve players feel like they did something

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

to make pve players feel like they did something

do i see someone who is jealous because he cant achieve anything? ^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Lets not forget one of the best reason to own a legendary.

In a future update, legendary wielders will be able to change the stats of their weapons at will, as long as they are out of combat.

Sweet!

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

ShadowMaster.5708

I decided to get incinerator because i needed something to do. I wanted a goal. 7 months later i got it. It felt amazing, thats why i wanted it.

I couldnt care less about what people say. I see most complain these days “OhH, I hAvE a LejEnDairy, BuT peOplE DonT PraISe Me liKE a Gawd. WhaT Is THIs”? So… You shouldnt go for a legendary because you want people to do recognize you. believe me, i have had mine for 1 month now, maybe 3-4 people in total have said nice legendary to me (Excluding guildies ofc)

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

… because whenever you’re choosing your character, you’re annoyed since one of the achievement thingies isn’t golden.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Brother Grimm.5176

… because whenever you’re choosing your character, you’re annoyed since one of the achievement thingies isn’t golden.

That’s a sad, sad reason….OCD checkup may be in order.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Shakki.3219

Shakki.3219

If you got all you char’s max equipped, there’s simply not much left to do with your gold.

Reaper – Anguîsh

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

PMilkos.9103

If you got all you char’s max equipped, there’s simply not much left to do with your gold.

Well, there’s still 7 alts to level and gear out, a bunch of minis and cultural armor to collect, a bunch of equipment to transmute so that your armor actually looks good, commander tag if you feel like it… a legendary is, imo, way, waaaaaaay down the checklist…

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: kiba.2768

kiba.2768

Well, there’s still 7 alts to level and gear out, a bunch of minis and cultural armor to collect, a bunch of equipment to transmute so that your armor actually looks good, commander tag if you feel like it… a legendary is, imo, way, waaaaaaay down the checklist…

everyone’s got different priorities. not everyone wants or collects minis, etc

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Onis.2418

Onis.2418

That’s a sad, sad reason….OCD checkup may be in order.

As good as any. It’s just an item, like the rest of the things you could buy with the money you could get from selling it.

Legendary weapon? why?

in Crafting

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

everyone’s got different priorities. not everyone wants or collects minis, etc

Collecting minis and buying cultural armor give achievement points though. If a player is serious about completing the meta achievements they’ll eventually have to spend some big bucks on those.