Legendary weapons, Mystic Clover and 2 million karma

in Crafting

Posted by: Moonpuncher.7250

Moonpuncher.7250

My issue is that there’s just way too much difference between getting an exotic and getting a legendary. What’s in between? The second I hit 80 I got 5 pieces of exotic gear. I’ll have the rest of myself in exotics within the week. Are you saying I have zero incentive to look for gear now unless I want to embark on this thousand-hour abomination of a legendary?

I find it very hard to believe 1) Arenanet wants me to farm and grind and save up this ludicrous amount of gold/karma/mats just so i can get a COSMETIC upgrade, and 2) There’s no interim gear between exotic and legendary.

This is a big problem I think. If I’m getting close to satisfying requirements for a great item or achievement, I’ll consider that motivation. But as of now, I have no near-future carrot to chase. The reward doesn’t even come CLOSE to justifying the cost. Granted, I understand people’s opinions will vary from mine, I feel like there should be a few steps in between these two things that help me get better gear that I feel is actually obtainable.

in Crafting

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

My issue is that there’s just way too much difference between getting an exotic and getting a legendary. What’s in between? The second I hit 80 I got 5 pieces of exotic gear. I’ll have the rest of myself in exotics within the week. Are you saying I have zero incentive to look for gear now unless I want to embark on this thousand-hour abomination of a legendary?

I find it very hard to believe 1) Arenanet wants me to farm and grind and save up this ludicrous amount of gold/karma/mats just so i can get a COSMETIC upgrade, and 2) There’s no interim gear between exotic and legendary.

This is a big problem I think. If I’m getting close to satisfying requirements for a great item or achievement, I’ll consider that motivation. But as of now, I have no near-future carrot to chase. The reward doesn’t even come CLOSE to justifying the cost. Granted, I understand people’s opinions will vary from mine, I feel like there should be a few steps in between these two things that help me get better gear that I feel is actually obtainable.

There IS gear in-between exotic and legendary and it looks very cool.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/10209r/lets_have_a_nice_discussion_about_level_80/

in Crafting

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Let’s make this clear ArenaNet doesn’t want you, is forcing you, is deciding for you, hindering you, or anything else having to do with a legendary item.

You are making a choice, get the legendary or not.
If you decide you want to, you know what you will need to do
If you decide that you don’t want it, because its too much farming, it doesn’t upgrade you etc

It’s your choice plain and simple. No one is forcing you to do anything

The main problem with people is plain and simple. You 2nd generation gamers have been pre programmed to expect to be fed upgrades for little investment. I do not need to go into all the games over the last 8 years that have been instantaneous gradification cause they are too many to list.
Those people that are 1st gen gamers look at this as finally someone is making something epic that takes awhile to accomplish.
An actual goal, over time, in a modern game is completely unheard of

I’m sure alot of EQ people, like myself, see this as refreshing and I will not complain one bit.
I can only hope that there are many many more things like this in the future

So all these AN is forcing me to farm and quotes like the result doesn’t justify the cost, well plain and simple, you have your decision then. Don’t do it. You don’t have to
But if you want to and make the decision to just keep in mind you are making yourself do it
Hell a guy in my guild says he’s going to get one for everything he can wield, and yes he’s a 1st gen gamer too

in Crafting

Posted by: MattVid.7905

MattVid.7905

Is it even possible to get multiple legendaries (beyond 2) in the game? One character can only get 2 Gifts of Exploration. Are Legendaries Account Bound? Are the Gifts Account bound? Even then, you would need like 12 characters with 100% world completion to get them all …

I think the Gifts of Exploration are a poor choice for legendary creation. I hope they end up replacing that requirement with something else for the sadists that want to possibly get many legendary weapons on their character.

I am planning on getting mine … but I know it is a very longs ways off still I am shooting for the skill points and the 100% world completion first, as well as upgrading my other gear with exotics. Once I get those done, I will worry about all the karma and cash farming I need to do.

Vidrak Ironwill – Norn Guardian
Omniscient of Jade Quarry

in Crafting

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@mangarrage,

LOL@ calling EQ a 1st generation game. I’m going to assume you meant 1st gen MMO.

For the record, I come from the generation where Pong was the only game you could get at home besides a bulky Astroids system. And yes, I still have mine. It’s up in the attic if you want to ever play it with me.

For some of us who are “complaining” about the grind, its not about entitlement, its about time constraints and the penalty we get for that. It’s something I’ve delt with for several years now and looks like something I’ll have to deal with again if I want those items. I find it ironic that a game that boasts of getting rid of grinding, still adds a grinding element to the game.

As far as forcing you to grind, yes, ANet is doing that by offer those legendaries and if you want them. On the other hand, if ANet offered the weapons via gem store AND through grinding, then there would be other options. Afterall, they are just costmetic items, and that would make more sense. I’m actually amazed nothing like them are offered in teh store. It would be a source of income.

@Matt. I think the Exlpore gifts are Account bound, meaning you can transfer them to your other toons. I also think the Explore Gift requirement is ridiculous. I concur on getting rid of that requirement.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Crafting

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

>Lonewolf Kai

Seriously. mangarrage makes some good points, and you should listen to it. I’ll try to simplify the arguments so you can understand, since you contradict yourself in your post.

1) Legendary weapons are OPTIONAL.
2) Legendary weapons are purely COSMETIC (save for the tiny increase in damage output).
3) Legendary weapons are meant as rewards for putting time and effort into the “grind” to make them.
4) If Anet made it available for everyone in the Gem store, lots of people would have them, thus reducing the “awe” factor. At the same time, people would QQ that only rich players could afford it.
5) You say it’s not about entitlement, yet you go on to say it takes so long to get. Thus, you just told everyone that you feel Anet should make it easier to get (as you feel Entitled to it).

This game is for everyone. Hardcore players, casual gamers, and the mix of people in between. Think I’m gonna stop and stare at someone whacking me with Twilight in WvW just because he has a cool looking weapon? No. But that doesn’t take away from the fact that someone put effort to gain something so unique. I’ll congratulate the dude who kills me if I notice his weapon.

BUT… there will always be the player who QQs. Why can’t I get all the good stuff? Why do I keep dying when I Leeroy into mobs? Why does it take effort to get a Legendary? Why am I complaining about grinding when I’m the one who chooses to do so?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Crafting

Posted by: Findecano.8124

Findecano.8124

I’m aware that few people read past the first page, but anybody who complains about time consumption on GW2 – or any MMO for that matter – needed to play FFXI upon release. You couldn’t solo level and findings groups was HORRIBLE. You could barely solo the storyline. Crafting took ages to farm. HNMs took multiple hours of camping and crazy kill stealing fiascos. Farming sky took full WEEKS just to spawn Kirin. The Kirin Osode, one of the most coveted items in the game, took months of coordination in a Linkshell just so ONE person could snag the item.

Edit: I guess I should mention crafting, since this is about crafting. Well, crafting in FFXI was no exception. The degree of farm time (the AH was pretty so-so in the beginning) to fully level a craft was about 10x as long as this game.

Yes, most people have heard this before, but I for one am glad Anet kinda shrugs about this stuff – although other things about the game I am less satisfied about

? Creator of Thunderlord

(edited by Findecano.8124)

in Crafting

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

I think really it is intended that exotic is the end of the gear quest. Basically you go for exotics, and there appears to be a great variation of awesome looking exotics to go for.

Legendaries aren’t intended for most people to aim for. They are there for OCD super-achievement seekers who want something VERY long term to strive for… which for most of us, they will be. Maybe because you’re thinking of them as the top tier they seem like a massive grind, but because exotics are really the top tier stat wise, we don’t need to worry about the grind for Legendaries.

in Crafting

Lonewolf Kai.3682

>Lonewolf Kai

Seriously. mangarrage makes some good points, and you should listen to it. I’ll try to simplify the arguments so you can understand, since you contradict yourself in your post.

1) Legendary weapons are OPTIONAL.
2) Legendary weapons are purely COSMETIC (save for the tiny increase in damage output).
3) Legendary weapons are meant as rewards for putting time and effort into the “grind” to make them.
4) If Anet made it available for everyone in the Gem store, lots of people would have them, thus reducing the “awe” factor. At the same time, people would QQ that only rich players could afford it.
5) You say it’s not about entitlement, yet you go on to say it takes so long to get. Thus, you just told everyone that you feel Anet should make it easier to get (as you feel Entitled to it).

This game is for everyone.

Let me refute some of that with some simple comments so you can be sure you get the meaning to it.

1. Never said Legs weren’t optional and that they are required.
2. No arguments there, thus my suggestion for the gem store. That’s there for cosmetics which include armor skins. I see no reason to refrain from adding weapon skins as well.
3. Time and effort is fine, grinding is not. (See #4 response.)
4. It was just a suggestion, my point was that maybe there could be alternatives to a grind, which is just not fun anymore. I’ve been there/done that, done it again, done it again, and again; grinding is just not a fun feature anymore. Also, I personally don’t have the time for grinding like I used to.
5. I also never once said, Anet should just give me a legendary outright for no reason. That’s the true meaning to entitlement. Did I once say there shouldn’t be some effort to get them? The gem store suggestion could be a yes to that, but again, that was just a suggestion off the top of my head (see response #2 and your #2). I simply “complained” about the amount of grinding involved. I think the effort needed to get them is simply outrageous and at least needs to be reduced a good bit.

As I explained, which you seem to ignored, I and many other casual gamers simply do not have the time to put into it for them, thus being punished by our playstyle. So, no, argumentively, the entire game is not for everyone, just most of it. Further, that unconfirmed little bit of extra damage output could be put into another argument against grinding requirements altogether in terms of advantages for those that do not own one.

I see no contradictions in what I wrote before.

I’d also like to point to the part where I said that I find it ironic that a game that claims to get rid of grinding put some major grinding in it for some of its features. I noticed you chose to ignore that too in your rebutal.

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

>Lonewolf Kai

Sorry, I normally pass over other stuff people post when I see something horribly wrong. Then I zone in on that one thing. So my apologies in advance, but I’m gonna do it again.

You are a casual gamer. Fine. I have nothing wrong with that. But then you say you are “punished” for your play-style because God knows you REALLY want a Legendary, but just can’t (and in some people’s cases won’t) make the effort to go for it?

I REALLY wanted to be a doctor, but I’m being punished because I have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet.

I REALLY wanted to get to level 80 first, but I don’t have enough friends to feed me mats to craft with. How dare the game punish me for being anti-social.

I REALLY want to buy a GSR, but my wife won’t let me. I’m being punished for being married (had to throw that one in to amuse the wifey).

Nothing in life comes easy, whether it be real or in game. The simple fact that you wish it were easier to get a unique weapon skin, and argue that you can’t put in the hours to farm the reqs, indicate that you feel a bit entitled to it as a paying customer.

Do you see where I’m going with this? You feel you should get the item. Me too! The item is there in game. Anet made requirements to get it. Now it’s the players’ choice to pursue the requirements, or not. Simple. If you want to spend money to buy Gems, then convert to Gold, so you can afford to buy the base Exotic weapon and mats to craft a Legendary, you can. Nothing is stopping you. But you do have to put effort into getting certain tokens that make up the sub-reqs for the Legendary.

And just a side note on “grinding”. It exists in this game. Do you have to do it? No. Is it required to completed the game? No. Is it required to have fun? No. Anet succeeds in these aspects. But how dare Anet put in rewards to players who do make extra effort to “grind” for the good stuff.

(edited by Smooth Penguin.5294)

in Crafting

Posted by: AllAmerDB.2840

AllAmerDB.2840

Smooth Penguin +1.

A player should choose and do exactly what is fun. Otherwise the game becomes boring. People who complain that they don’t want to put the time and effort in has either 1) been giving everything in life 2) Their parents never taught them self commitment. The finer things in life are achieved by only the effort put forth.

in Crafting

Posted by: Saolite.4782

Saolite.4782

>Lonewolf Kai

Sorry, I normally pass over other stuff people post when I see something horribly wrong. Then I zone in on that one thing. So my apologies in advance, but I’m gonna do it again.

You are a casual gamer. Fine. I have nothing wrong with that. But then you say you are “punished” for your play-style because God knows you REALLY want a Legendary, but just can’t (and in some people’s cases won’t) make the effort to go for it?

I REALLY wanted to be a doctor, but I’m being punished because I have to work 2 jobs to make ends meet.

I REALLY wanted to get to level 80 first, but I don’t have enough friends to feed me mats to craft with. How dare the game punish me for being anti-social.

I REALLY want to buy a GSR, but my wife won’t let me. I’m being punished for being married (had to throw that one in to amuse the wifey).

Nothing in life comes easy, whether it be real or in game. The simple fact that you wish it were easier to get a unique weapon skin, and argue that you can’t put in the hours to farm the reqs, indicate that you feel a bit entitled to it as a paying customer.

Do you see where I’m going with this? You feel you should get the item. Me too! The item is there in game. Anet made requirements to get it. Now it’s the players’ choice to pursue the requirements, or not. Simple. If you want to spend money to buy Gems, then convert to Gold, so you can afford to buy the base Exotic weapon and mats to craft a Legendary, you can. Nothing is stopping you. But you do have to put effort into getting certain tokens that make up the sub-reqs for the Legendary.

And just a side note on “grinding”. It exists in this game. Do you have to do it? No. Is it required to completed the game? No. Is it required to have fun? No. Anet succeeds in these aspects. But how dare Anet put in rewards to players who do make extra effort to “grind” for the good stuff.

This post pretty much summarizes everything to do with anything beyond Exotic – dungeon armor/weapons, legendary weapons, etc.

Absolutely terrific post that I 100% agree with. I am glad that Arena Net did something that proves you really want that Legendary, so you went out and got it.

And if you don’t want to go through the hassle/trouble of trying to get it? Then don’t. Personally? I love farming in Guild Wars 2. I don’t mind it at all. I don’t mind the “grind” – and don’t see it as such. Is that fun for everyone? No, of course not. So don’t do it if you don’t want to.

Having a legendary or not having one isn’t going to make the world stop spinning.

in Crafting

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Legendaries only give you an edge that your opponents will be stunned by your awesomeness.

Shadowmourne…

One – Piken Square

in Crafting

Lonewolf Kai.3682

>Lonewolf Kai

I REALLYwant….
"
"

Anet made requirements to get it. Now it’s the players’ choice to pursue the requirements, or not. But you do have to put effort into getting certain tokens that make up the sub-reqs for the Legendary.

If you’d like me to define entitlement to you, I can. But do yourself a favor and look up the meaning. You apparently have a reading comprehension problem, which is quite common nowadays, especially when something is being taken a little personally. Step back from the thread a bit and re-read what I said in previous posts. It may help to read it aloud.

A request for reduced requirements and/or complaining about current conditions does NOT equate to entitlement. Period. Now if I said, “Anet should just give me a legendary because I bought the game,” then you would have grounds on blaming me for that. However, I never once said that. Please stop implying that is what I am saying because it’s not.

I realize, and agree with, that there should be some sort of requirement to aquire these illustrious weapons. However, I don’t agree with the grinding part. That’s a matter of opinion, which is something you can actually claim “entitlement!” on me for, but then you are entitled to that as well.

I could also debate the part about “required” to be “completed” and to “have fun” , but that would come down to semantics and opinions, and discussing that is pointless.

On a more personal note, you are also implying to a degree that I, myself, am not willing to work for them, which I’ve already stated I was going to try to get one.

And your point about grinding existing in the game, that’s supposed to address the point I made about the game boasting/advertising that grinding won’t be in the game? That doesn’t really address the point I made, if anything, it supported the point.

To everyone else, if it is true, which its unconfirmed for now, about the legendaries providing extra damage, even if slight, it is still an advantage over someone that does not have one, especially in terms of WvW and combat moves that damage multiple opponents. In a 1vs1 situation, I can see no advantage, however adding another person and then advantage comes in. Thus grinding equates advantage, something yet again, that Anet has advertised their game as against. However, I won’t debate that anymore since it is unconfirmed. They may have been changed since Beta.

in Crafting

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Sorry I totally disagree and to debate that fact with you isn;‘t really worth the time tbh
You, like many others look at the list and say omg look at all I have to do
You look at it as grinding, I look at it as playing the game
I posted in another thread something similar
I don’t grind karma, I do events because I enjoy them
I don’t grind WvW coins because I enjoy WvW and I get coins as a bonus
I don’t grind dungeons, I do the dungeons because I find them enjoyable

You see a ton of grinding, I see playing the game

You say you want less time contraints on achieving the Legendary. I see I have all the time in the world

in Crafting

Posted by: Olkyr.4821

Olkyr.4821

>Lonewolf Kai
A request for reduced requirements and/or complaining about current conditions does NOT equate to entitlement. Period. Now if I said, “Anet should just give me a legendary because I bought the game,” then you would have grounds on blaming me for that. However, I never once said that. Please stop implying that is what I am saying because it’s not.

You have an intentionally closed definition of entitlement. If you think something should be just given to you for no work, that’s entitlement. If you think the requirements for something are too hard and they should be reduced to MEET YOUR STANDARDS, that is also entitlement, thinking that everything needs to revolve around you. As soon as you want something nerfed because you personally do not agree with it, you’ve crossed into entitlement.

in Crafting

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

What im disapointed with as far as getting Legendaries goes is that its not a journey. Its quite an uninspired grind. The only thing that actually has anything that makes me feel as if it takes you somewhere is the World Completion.

Everything else could pretty much be done in a few zones/instances. You just do them a few hundred or thousand times.
Doing 20 dungeons 10x or 1 dungeon 200x is already a big difference.

I was hoping for getting a journey, a story and achievement on its own. One that you would do not just for the flashy skin at the end of the long road but also just to travel the road itself.

in Crafting

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@Mangarrage: I can concede to that. As I stated earlier, although in more rougher terms, there’s two factions here: those with a lot of time on their hands and those that do not have (or will not make in some cases[ie laziness]) the time.

@Olkyr: Except that entitlement also infers a more personal meaning. I’m not the only one that feels this way about the grinding. Also, I never stated my own standards. Further, you’re crossing the line of semantics and definition, and that’s a pointless argument.

@Terrahero: That would be more inline with what the game feel is about. I was indeed surprised and disappointed about it as well.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sylv.1960

Sylv.1960

Sorry lonewolf, but you are being really dense here. You think that it should be easier to get because YOU want it to be easier so YOU can get it with less effort. Wanting more for less is most certainly an entitlement issue.

Terrahero, it is a journey, its only a grind because you make it one. I’m well on my way towards my legendary and I haven’t done any grinding. I’m doing some WvW, taking my time exploring the entire world for my 100% completion. Running the exploreable dungeon paths for my tokens, but also running the ones my friends want too. Playing the TP to make some extra money for my runestones. I’m having a ton of fun on my way to getting the legendary because I enjoy playing thekittengame. If you don’t like the game and feel it is too grindy, don’t play it.

in Crafting

Lonewolf Kai.3682

@Sylv: No, not really. You and those that debate about the importance of having a grind in games all abuse the term Entitlement. What you are describing, and apparently defending, is an interpretational meaning to the word, whereas I take a more literal meaning to the word, thus semantics in your case. Semantics do not necessarily mean your interpretation is wrong, but it doesn’t make it correct usage either. Dense or not, its something that leaves room for pointless debate. And this has just what it has become.

Calling someone out for entitlement is a tired, abused term much in the same way as calling someone a “noob.” Lets put it this way: by your same argument, I could simply say you feel entitled to having a grind because YOU want it to be harder so YOU can get it with more required effort. So calling entitlement is pointless, both in meaning and context.

in Crafting

Posted by: Imspecial.3206

Imspecial.3206

Assumptions are simply that. I recommend doing some more research so you can base your time estimates on facts. That said, Legendaries are meant to be a long term investment and we made them super cool so as to be worth that long term investment. Anyone I see with a Legendary will certainly have my respect and yes, I do plan on one day crafting one myself.

I am one of the people who spent tens of gold and thousands of karma working out the out the full recipe by ruling out the various Mystic coin recipes, one thing that irks me is that 2 of the components(Base Exotic & Mystic Clovers) are as far as we know to date, completely random to get. It is not fair to have such random elements in a recipe that already has an obscenely large mats cost (I estimated over 300g, 500k karma, 500 wvw 500 dungeon tokens, not counting Mystic Clovers + Base Exotic) With bad luck you might NEVER get the clovers you need or the base exotic you need. I would be much happier if you made it a set recipe to get clovers and each Base Exotic, even if that recipe was 4-5x the price of the random ones we are using currently.

A legendary is a long time goal, we all accept and want this. But can you imagine how frustrating it will be for someone who has everything bar the 77 mystic clovers to spend tens of thousands of karma and tens of gold making the random recipe 10+ times to not get any clovers….

Random chance to obtain components do not belong in something with such mat heavy recipes.

(edited by Imspecial.3206)

in Crafting

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

Legendary weapons wouldn’t be legendary if everyone could just farm one up in a week.

There is a reason why it’s one of the medals listed on your character select screeen.

in Crafting

Smooth Penguin.5294

>Lonewolf Kai

I really think you need to stop digging your hole deeper. You QQ over and over again that you are not claiming to be “entitled” to anything. And in the same breath, you say the Reqs are too dang high.

en·ti·tle·ment
3: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

“request for reduced requirements” = “I really want that Legendary to be easier attained than the current stated requirements because everyone should have access to such awesome items and I’m a casual player so I’m being punished so don’t blame me but make the game easier” (note: intentional run-on sentence)

Next on the list, you QQ that GW2 said there is no grind, but there is! Perhaps you should re-read my previous statement on this. Aw heck, I’ll copy-pasta it for you: “And just a side note on “grinding”. It exists in this game. Do you have to do it? No. Is it required to completed the game? No. Is it required to have fun? No. Anet succeeds in these aspects. But how dare Anet put in rewards to players who do make extra effort to “grind” for the good stuff.”

Grinding exists. But Anet made it so YOU AREN’T REQUIRED TO DO TO HAVE FUN. You choose to want to grind (by way of wanting a Legendary), but then get mad that you made that choice. If you don’t like it, don’t do it. But… you’re forcing yourself to want something that you can’t get, therefore you displace your self inflicted anger on the MMO. Bottom line, don’t blame Anet.

Lonewolf… take a deep breath, relax, and then admit that you feel entitled to something, and everyone here can stop facepalming.

in Crafting

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I would like to add my feedback on this. I fully intend to craft a legendary one day.

Your calculated 40 days is “baby tier easy mode” for the best thing in-game right now. 40 days is nothing when talking about MMOs. It doesn’t “blow out of the water” any other MMO with legendary weapons. WOW had you grinding raids for months, and not only that, not all players got the items, so you’d have to be in a guild that actually gave the items to you. MONTHS. Years if someone else in your guild is prioritized over you.

Korean MMOs I won’t even argue about, if you aren’t botting you will never, ever, ever have best in slot items before the next expansion comes out, even playing 12h a day and using all the boosts in the world.

40 days is nothing. If anything I’d say it’s too low. The joy players get when getting a legendary…

There is nothing to whine about here. Being that what you need is karma, which you get from basically having fun AND you have a 100% chance to get karma (unlike other MMOs where you must fight other players to get the items needed for a legendary) it’s not even a grind.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

in Crafting

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

in Crafting

Lonewolf Kai.3682

>Lonewolf Kai

en·ti·tle·ment
3: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

blah,blah,blah.

…everyone can stop facepalming."

se·man·tic
1: of or relating to meaning in language.

Also known as pointless debate material. I had already let go of this. You seem to keep holding onto it. Will it help you sleep better at night if I admit to your and proponents of grinding tired, attack expression to those that ask for something different?

in Crafting

Posted by: Titarion.2609

Titarion.2609

So much QQ in this thread really.

Anyone who played Aion will know about the Hot Heart of Magic. Dear god….don’t get me started on that.

You effectively need the armor set you get from crafting this because it had an amazing set bonus. Without it you were kittened in pvp early game. To get a hot heart of magic you had to do a kitten tonne of farming. The chance of it being successfully crafted was really low as well. Some people failed 10 times even and still didn’t get the armor set.

For me I got lucky the first time. I was literally gonna quit the game if the craft failed. Thats how pivotal it was. Also it wasn’t even Eternal rank (Eternal = bit better than Rare in GW2). So yeah…

People here are complaining about mystic clovers which are just a component.

Has anyone got a confirmation of what the % chance is like? If its 50/50 I see no problem whatsoever.

in Crafting

Posted by: Soban.3754

Soban.3754

It’s the best looking skin in the game, why wouldn’t it be ridiculously hard to get? It’s like crying that the best mini in the game took a lot of effort to obtain. It has zero effect on your gameplay.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

Legendary weapons are all about vanity, I have no problem with them taking 6 months to a year to complete. It just makes it that much more rewarding when you do craft it, and also increases the ‘awe’ factor when you see a player who has one.

Its not like there is nothing else to do along the way. Getting these weapons is an adventure, and remember it is the journey itself that is important, not the destination.

If you find the required materials for these weapons to be too extreme, and think you will never be able to get them with your playtime, then dont go for them. You arent entitled to them, and again, they are just vanity.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: Linlana.8573

Linlana.8573

It’s 77 clovers, not 250, no? I don’t mind that getting a legendary is so difficult. It’s a fun goal to slowly work toward.

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

So anyone even bothering with this even tho most of the weapons look extremely bad? e.g the Staff, take about 3-4 months for a casual gamer to get (1.5mil karma 400g+RNG). For that ? God some poeple at the Anet need a bit more imagination, HOW HARD is it to make ONE epic looking staff, that would fit perfectly for every profession (The bifrost is a white stick with rainbow glow and im a necro). Legendary weapons were supposed to be the endgame grind, the epic looking unique weapon, no other game that I know of has these kinds of weapons etc. But hey, the developers couldnt spend another 30 minutes designing the staff, and many many other weapons that look like a starter weapon…
but we are supposed to grind for this massive piece of … for several months ? very poor, honestly there are so many staffs out there, even green rofl, that look better than the legendary.
Weapons like Sunrise, Twilight, the sword whatever its called and the scepter (meteorlogicus) actually look good and worth their title.

Probably some people will like the staff, female character, mesmers whatever.
There should be more options. If the staff would actually look good Id grind for it no doubt, but at this current state I wont even think about it.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

in Crafting

Posted by: frOst.2198

frOst.2198

I simply need to laugh at the people who say getting karma, and running dungeons is fun.

Obviously they haven’t actually started the process, or they are delusional, or mentally ill…and I say that with as much honesty and as little disrespect as possible.

Getting 500 tokens, quite possibly the easiest requirement is just flat out mind-numblingly repetitive and disengaging task possible. Play the dungeon once, twice, 3-4 times…thats great. Play it upwards to 30 times, and its getting masochistic.

I can argue that MAYBE if you plan on being as inefficient as possible in regards to karma farming that you MIGHT be able to avoid the repetitive feel. Go through every zone and participate in different events continuously. However, good luck with that. Low level zones give 1/4th the karma reward compared to higher zones…so you’ll be farming karma for roughly 3x’s as long.

And thats not even counting the karma/skill points required for mystic clovers.

The only thing having a legendary is going to prove is that you are legitimately insane. That you are the embodiment of a wasted life.

With the current recipe scheme, I would be embarrassed to actually hold one of these prior to 1-2 years after this point in time.

in Crafting

Posted by: XalkyriezzZ.9634

XalkyriezzZ.9634

Well.. I actually had all the mats required for the legendary staff [The Bifrost] already like 2days ago.. but was denied/delayed due to the bugged event right now at temple of balthazar @ strait of devastation..

Well.. I actually had all the mats required for the legendary staff [The Bifrost] already like 2days ago.. but was denied/delayed due to the bugged event right now at temple of balthazar @ strait of devastation..heres the proof: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/64363-legendary-weapons-guide/page__st__240#entry1960755
post #269

in Crafting

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Fr0st is right, besides all that, as I mentioned, most of those weapons dont even look good.

Also I love how he says:

-The only thing having a legendary is going to prove is that you are legitimately insane. That you are the embodiment of a wasted life.
With the current recipe scheme, I would be embarrassed to actually hold one of these prior to 1-2 years after this point in time.-

Then mister Xalkyriezzz says that he has basically got the weapon already, 1 month into the game. Haha, what a guy.

(edited by Aphix.9846)

in Crafting

Posted by: frOst.2198

frOst.2198

Fr0st is right, besides all that, as I mentioned, most of those weapons dont even look good.

Also I love how he says:

-The only thing having a legendary is going to prove is that you are legitimately insane. That you are the embodiment of a wasted life.
With the current recipe scheme, I would be embarrassed to actually hold one of these prior to 1-2 years after this point in time.-

Then mister Xalkyriezzz says that he has basically got the weapon already, 1 month into the game. Haha, what a guy.

There are 2 way he could have done it …

1) Have people feed him everything he needs
2) Invest a wahoo amount of real $$’s into the game. (something like 1500 dollars for ~500 gold @ 34s per 100 gems)

in Crafting

Strill.2591

I simply need to laugh at the people who say getting karma, and running dungeons is fun.

Obviously they haven’t actually started the process, or they are delusional, or mentally ill…and I say that with as much honesty and as little disrespect as possible.

Getting 500 tokens, quite possibly the easiest requirement is just flat out mind-numblingly repetitive and disengaging task possible. Play the dungeon once, twice, 3-4 times…thats great. Play it upwards to 30 times, and its getting masochistic.

I can argue that MAYBE if you plan on being as inefficient as possible in regards to karma farming that you MIGHT be able to avoid the repetitive feel. Go through every zone and participate in different events continuously. However, good luck with that. Low level zones give 1/4th the karma reward compared to higher zones…so you’ll be farming karma for roughly 3x’s as long.

And thats not even counting the karma/skill points required for mystic clovers.

The only thing having a legendary is going to prove is that you are legitimately insane. That you are the embodiment of a wasted life.

With the current recipe scheme, I would be embarrassed to actually hold one of these prior to 1-2 years after this point in time.

1. Buy second monitor

2. Download lots of TV shows.

3. Watch TV while you mindlessly complete events.

in Crafting

Posted by: Andele.1306

Andele.1306

frOst.2198 – Maybe some people are into BDSM thus its ok for it to be masochistic?

When life gives you lemon, ask if its from a anime or manga.

in Crafting

Posted by: La Folie.7309

La Folie.7309

I’m wondering, why the increase in damage (around 1% if what I’ve read is correct)? Weren’t legendary meant to be just something cosmetic?

I was hoping that I wouldn’t need to craft a legendary to get the best stuff I could. Isn’t that fact in the opposite direction of saying that no one’s gonna need to farm/grind a lot to have max stats?

in Crafting

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

So…if you want a legendary it has to be easily obtainable but still have the “oh my god, you have a legandary?!” effect?

please…

It’s a legendary for a reason and legends take a while to craft. Or in other words, the ridiculous amount of time and effort needed to get one is it’s raison d’être.

Or think a little ahead, what are you gonna do after you got a legendary after 1 month? complain?

in Crafting

Strill.2591

I’m wondering, why the increase in damage (around 1% if what I’ve read is correct)? Weren’t legendary meant to be just something cosmetic?

I was hoping that I wouldn’t need to craft a legendary to get the best stuff I could. Isn’t that fact in the opposite direction of saying that no one’s gonna need to farm/grind a lot to have max stats?

That information was a lie propagated by gw2db.com. If you link the legendaries in-game using the chat link trick, you see that their stats are identical to exotic weapons.

in Crafting

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

Define “super cool”.

Yeah. I’m that guy.

in Crafting

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

So, just to get this straight: you’re complaining that to obtain the most legendary of legendary weapons in the game it takes too long? Kind of negates the whole “legendary” status if you can just acquire it in a week doesn’t it?
And it’s only a “grind” if you try to get all the items in a month’s time. If you just play normally but with a goal in mind, it’s not a grind…it’s playing the game. You’re turning it into a grind because you want something that’s designed to be hard to obtain right now.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Crafting

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

If you are not willing to put in a grind for an item that is legendary then don’t, play up to the point you are satisfied. If you want it badly enough then you will grind for it, look at any other game on the market, they all have their grinds. Stop being in a rush.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Crafting

Posted by: La Folie.7309

La Folie.7309

That information was a lie propagated by gw2db.com. If you link the legendaries in-game using the chat link trick, you see that their stats are identical to exotic weapons.

That’s nice to know. I wasn’t sure the info provided here was right but had no way to check it out. (didn’t knew about the chat trick, that’s also good to know ).

in Crafting

Posted by: tamzooka.5637

tamzooka.5637

I plan on outfitting my main with full level 80 exotics (of my stat choice), gain 100% map completion, then SPvP/WvW with no more grinding. Just fun with that char and alts. Legendary is not for me.

in Crafting

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

I did not play GW1 so I have no idea how long Obsidian Armor took you to get. However in the case of these Legendary weapons and the 2 million karma grind it will take you minimum 50-60 days to get a legendary weapon if you play 12+ hours a day (obviously would require you to have no job, studies etc). Those numbers only apply if you do nothing but grind for the legendary when you are logged in. I cant honestly believe that the Obsidian Armor was anywhere near as hard to get.

If you didn’t play GW1 why do you assume Obsidian Armor was nowhere near as hard to get?

You have to get (following values are before all the patches / expansions and farms / speedclearing)

120 Globs of Ectoplasm (2-3% droprate from certain enemies in the Underworld, get 1 from last chest 1-2h completion time depending on team)
120 Obsidian Shards (2-3% droprate from certain enemies in the Fissure of Woe, get 1 from last chest, 2-3h completion time depending on team)

Keep in mind that these dungeons are actually hard compared to GW2 dungeons, and if your party wipe you get kicked out and have to restart.

You also have to get;
75,000 gold. I remember finishing the storyline a few months after release gave me ~10,000 gold.

Rare / common crafting materials worth anything between 15,000 and 50,000 gold.

Of course you could also buy the ectos / shards. I think they were about 20,000g / 10,000g -ish each respectively at the start of the game.

Grand total: ~3,700,000 gold.
Cost today (just before GW2 release): ~1,600,000 gold.

While it is hard to judge the time required to spend to get these amounts of money, I can assure you that the average GW1 player never accumulated enough wealth to even make a dent in this sum, and this is after playing maybe 1-2 years.

For example, before I was introduced to speedclearing by a good friend, I thought 30k was a huge amount of money, and I had played for a good 300h by then.

tl;dr: Be happy, ArenaNet let you off easy to cater to the casual MMO crowd who want everything now, now, now!

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in Crafting

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

You say 50k Karma a day, grinding for 12 hours a day. For 40 days.

And then you let us know that Arenanet must’ve been crazy coming up with that.

Has it occured to you, that Arenanet didn’t envision anybody having this Legendary after 40 days, but expected it to show itself after 6-12 months?

The grind is a choice, and it’s your choice. So don’t complain to anybody else for your decision, which is a dumb decision. How serious can you take a silly game anyway.

in Crafting

Posted by: Sephirote.5167

Sephirote.5167

hpnostly I dont mind if I have the legendary only in 8month cause it’a a legendary and if it take a month to get it everyone in this game will walk with one so for 10month till the next release you will see thousand of them around =S that would suck.
and since everyone can have one ‘’ not like in wow when you pray this expension will be yours lol ’’.

I really like that fact that I can work hard for it and have it still

in Crafting

Strill.2591

You say 50k Karma a day, grinding for 12 hours a day. For 40 days.
And then you let us know that Arenanet must’ve been crazy coming up with that.
Has it occured to you, that Arenanet didn’t envision anybody having this Legendary after 40 days, but expected it to show itself after 6-12 months?
The grind is a choice, and it’s your choice. So don’t complain to anybody else for your decision, which is a dumb decision. How serious can you take a silly game anyway.

50k karma for 12 hours!? What kind of terrible place are you farming? What, are you just sitting at the three town defense events in cursed shore and not doing any other events?

If you actually take the time to map out all the events you can get about 10-15k karma per HOUR. That means that the 1 million karma you need for a legendary will take 75-100 hours of farming. That can easily be completed in 15-20 days if you farm for 5 hours a day.

If you actually farmed for 12 hours a day you’d have the karma in a week.

(edited by Strill.2591)

in Crafting

Posted by: Vash.1852

Vash.1852

I think it’s generally agreed right now that the legendary weapons take far too long to grind out and are just that, a grind.

Grinding is not fun in the slightest and the game was built from the ground up to be fun.

In my opinion, the process to obtain legendary items needs to change.