Legendary weapons, Mystic Clover and 2 million karma

in Crafting

Posted by: Arrk.6507

Arrk.6507

I read through some posts here and wanted to explain something. My statement is: ANet is truly insane. But in a good way.

1) Just check Blizzard’s way to get Honored with the Bloodsail Buccaneers, and amounts of cash required for getting old-school Insane in the Membrane (i do have it in WoW), and you will see that ANet takes legendaries way more casually.

2) Obsidian armor is nothing close to GW2 legendaries. Ectos/Shards are still hard to farm, but through regular gameplay you get around 15k/hour just questing/doing missions. It can go up to ~50k/hour if you’re running dungeons (which are still as hard as upon initial release), thus you can easily buy the mats in the mater of days. Personally, it took me 2 weeks to get my second Obsi this summer playing casually 2h/day as I deleted the char with my first Obsi before HoM release.

3) You must all say THANK YOU to ANet that they didn’t make your have anything to do with sPvPs title for getting legendaries, especially something around r15. “You would need to win 2,509 times consecutively to gain the 100,000 fame needed to max this title. This would take over 500 hours of holding Halls.” (wiki) If they made have something like this along the mats, we woldn’t see any legendaries for the following 5 years (the number of years since the HA release there was no one with the max HA rank).

P.S. I won’t try to make this post understandble for non-GW1 players as I will never treat those as human beings. I truly don’t understand people not wanting to try out GW1 for any reasons, as it’s truly superior to any other game, online or not, out there.

Cheers,
Arrk.

in Crafting

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

I just wish the temple of balthazar event wouldn’t constantly get bugged. It’s really hampering everyone’s progression for legendaries.

in Crafting

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i plan to get a legendary (one will more than suffice lol) and one set of T3 cultural armor as my personal “end-game”.

i am no hurry to get there, and i KNOW will take a long time. not saying i’m going to see the game as a grind. by all means, i don’t mind grinding, but this game is so fun as well that i love rushing to events, not even for the XP or karma or rewards, i just like being part of it. i WP-ed back when someone else called out for help against a troll (forget which one) and i had just done it maybe 15 minutes back and my wife goes, “again?” lol that’s the thing, every event, with different people, amount to such a different experience.

that being said, i will be mindful of where i spend my resources as well as gold. do i aim for a full set of exotics first before i even attempt the legendary? or just hope for good enough drops? lot of things to think about, but i don’t mind at all.

i gues what OP was worried about was the “randomness” of such a seemingly long ang gruelling process. though if you think about it this way, to become legendary DOES take a lot of work, and takes a bit of luck and timing as well. if not, everyone could and would be legendary no? ; )))

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall