Legendary weapons, Mystic Clover and 2 million karma

in Crafting

Posted by: Allso.5093

Allso.5093

On guildwars2guru we are a bunch of players who have been trying to figure out how to make the Legendary weapon Twilight. Here is a link to the thread: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/62812-crafting-twilight-speculation-and-how-to/#entry1906790

We have a list of items that we think you need to make the weapon. However the most interesting item is the Mystic Clover, we have come to the conclusion that you need 250 Mystic Clovers. The only known way of getting the Mystic Clover is by combining “10 Obsidian Shards + 10 Ectoplasm + 10 Crystals + 10 Mystic Coins”.

HOWEVER it is a random out come which means you have a chance of getting Mystic Clover, when taking into account that it is random and that you need 10 Obsidian Shards it basically takes aproximately 1,5 million, yes 1,5 million karma to get your 250 Mystic Clovers from this random recipe.

In addtion to the 1,5 million karma needed for the 250 Mystic Clovers you also need 525k karma to buy another 250 Obsidian Shards. This makes the total Legendary grind cost you aproximately 2 million karma. Asuming you spend 12 hours a day farming 50k karma it will take you 40 days to get 2 million karma. I have seen rediculous grinds before (Diablo 3 – Paragon lvl 100 comes to mind) but this grind blows everything else out of the water.

I see two options either the recipe costs a lot more than was originally intended or the Mystic Clover has its own recipe too (which of course would have to be much cheaper). So if anyone have any insight on a recipe to make Mystic Clovers in the Mystic forge please share.

in Crafting

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

On guildwars2guru we are a bunch of players who have been trying to figure out how to make the Legendary weapon Twilight. Here is a link to the thread: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/62812-crafting-twilight-speculation-and-how-to/#entry1906790

We have a list of items that we think you need to make the weapon. However the most interesting item is the Mystic Clover, we have come to the conclusion that you need 250 Mystic Clovers. The only known way of getting the Mystic Clover is by combining “10 Obsidian Shards + 10 Ectoplasm + 10 Crystals + 10 Mystic Coins”.

HOWEVER it is a random out come which means you have a chance of getting Mystic Clover, when taking into account that it is random and that you need 10 Obsidian Shards it basically takes aproximately 1,5 million, yes 1,5 million karma to get your 250 Mystic Clovers from this random recipe.

In addtion to the 1,5 million karma needed for the 250 Mystic Clovers you also need 525k karma to buy another 250 Obsidian Shards. This makes the total Legendary grind cost you aproximately 2 million karma. Asuming you spend 12 hours a day farming 50k karma it will take you 40 days to get 2 million karma. I have seen rediculous grinds before (Diablo 3 – Paragon lvl 100 comes to mind) but this grind blows everything else out of the water.

I see two options either the recipe costs a lot more than was originally intended or the Mystic Clover has its own recipe too (which of course would have to be much cheaper). So if anyone have any insight on a recipe to make Mystic Clovers in the Mystic forge please share.

From what i understand the legendary’s are on par with the original obsidian armor from gw1 which took months to get at first.

in Crafting

Allso.5093

I did not play GW1 so I have no idea how long Obsidian Armor took you to get. However in the case of these Legendary weapons and the 2 million karma grind it will take you minimum 50-60 days to get a legendary weapon if you play 12+ hours a day (obviously would require you to have no job, studies etc). Those numbers only apply if you do nothing but grind for the legendary when you are logged in. I cant honestly believe that the Obsidian Armor was anywhere near as hard to get.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kraun.2961

Kraun.2961

Legendary.

Game’s been out barely 2 weeks.

in Crafting

Allso.5093

Your point being? Even if it had been out for 12 months and you decided today that you wanted to make a weapon you would still have to spend 50-60 days of playing 12+ hours a day to get one.

in Crafting

Posted by: Rabinu.6423

Rabinu.6423

So ? even if it take 6 month what’s the rush ?

+ you are giving some very wrong number. We dont even know if mystic clover is realy used and the quantities.

in Crafting

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

Your point being? Even if it had been out for 12 months and you decided today that you wanted to make a weapon you would still have to spend 50-60 days of playing 12+ hours a day to get one.

WoW Rogue’s legendary daggers on cataclysm used to take like 4 months of a straight forward “grind” on the last tier raid, so whats your point regarding the time it takes to get the most “high-end” item?

in Crafting

Allso.5093

I have sources that had these weapons on the closed beta. The only thing that might not be correct is the recipe to make mystic clovers and thats why I made this thread, I want to know if anyone know a Mystic Forge recipe that gives you Mystic Clover 100% of the time.

in Crafting

Allso.5093

WoW Rogue’s legendary daggers on cataclysm used to take like 4 months of a straight forward “grind” on the last tier raid, so whats your point regarding the time it takes to get the most “high-end” item?

Did you even play WoW? It never took 4 months, world first pair of daggers took a month and a half, if you add an additional month you could get these daggers by playing 3 hours a week as long as you were in a half decent guild. These daggers are the easiest legendary item to get in WoW so far.

If Blizzard had allowed raiders to reset raid instances once they were cleared someone would have gotten the daggers in the first 3 days.

in Crafting

Posted by: Belmont.4682

Belmont.4682

I was on a pretty decent guild (6/8H before the nerfs) and their first pair of legendary daggers took 4 months, 2 months for each stage.

in Crafting

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

You know that this weapon is completely optional, right? Those legendaries are in the game to reward gamers who really love to spend all their time in the game.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

in Crafting

Posted by: Kuroin.1703

Kuroin.1703

Blows everything else out of water? Son let me tell you of this game called Lineage 2… We would spend weeks and months leveling characters and using a whole clan to kill a raid to get ONE item for ONE character. This raid is a world raid you have to fight other clans over which only spawns once every 2 weeks and takes 2 hours to kill IF you win the PVP. Everyone also have to have an item they have to do quest for in order to enter the world boss. Well there are plenty of those items in the game and they arekittenneeded unlike the stuff in GW2 which is just there for the looks afaik.

in Crafting

Posted by: Crica.1503

Crica.1503

So ? even if it take 6 months, what’s the rush ?

This ^

Why do you care how long it takes to get as long as you CAN get it?

If I don’t like it, I won’t do it.

in Crafting

Posted by: Stalzy.9548

Stalzy.9548

For 1 weapon. 6 months is absurdly long IMO.

in Crafting

Posted by: TheKow.7604

TheKow.7604

On guildwars2guru

where there’s you problem anyways the Twilight Great sword is THE HARDEST TO OBTAIN LEGENDARY OF THE WHOLE GAME as it has been stated you need both the dawn an the dusk legendary great swords just to craft it(didn’t you watch the dev blog on it and the rainbow shooting unicorn bow?) for it to be the hardest in the game this is completely fair if it was easy to get it would be no fun

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/324689481b 12 mins in enjoy

/thread

Kouto 80 Engineer,Traveling Merchant of the Grove.

in Crafting

Posted by: Jakula.1072

Jakula.1072

Excellent somethign to strive for.

Jakula – 80 Ranger [Phaxx]
Isles of Janthir

in Crafting

Posted by: Khaine.9286

Khaine.9286

Seeing as legendary weapons do nothing but give you a spectacular skin, i see no problem in that they take months on end to get, and cost an absurd amount of money and karma. Infact that just makes them more desirable IMO.

in Crafting

Posted by: jasonb.1720

jasonb.1720

I agree with the OP wholeheartedly! Grinding’s days are numbered. It is an archaic practice that kills MMOs. I’m not saying we should be spoon-fed everything, as that would be boring, but the goal should be to make a grind seem less “grindy”. Been playing MMOs for a VERY long time, and I’m over mind-numbing grinds. Since WoW seems to be THE benchmark of choice, I leveled many alts over the years… and guess what?
I only leveled Fishing and Cooking once!
Why?
It sucked <mule>.
…but that’s just my opinion.

in Crafting

Posted by: jasonb.1720

jasonb.1720

Boring repetitive tasks are IRL, we play games to get away from that.

in Crafting

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

It’s not like you need it.

That’s what I love about this game. In another MMO the game would get to the point that competing in PvP meant you have to have it to stand a chance, whereas in this game it just makes you look pretty and stand out.

Anet make Rev great again.

in Crafting

Posted by: aRTy.8951

aRTy.8951

On guildwars2guru

where there’s you problem anyways the Twilight Great sword is THE HARDEST TO OBTAIN LEGENDARY OF THE WHOLE GAME as it has been stated you need both the dawn an the dusk legendary great swords just to craft it […]

That’s just wrong. Dawn and Dusk are no legendaries, they are special exotic weapons which are pre-weapons for a specific legendary: Sunrise and Twilight. The combined legendary you are talking about is Eternity.

in Crafting

Posted by: aRTy.8951

aRTy.8951

However the most interesting item is the Mystic Clover, we have come to the conclusion that you need 250 Mystic Clovers.

I read the thread and only see one person simply assuming you need 250 and other to just run with that. I actually don’t believe in 250 to be needed until someone knows the relevant recipe and thus knows the amount needed.

in Crafting

Posted by: McDili.1549

McDili.1549

I agree with the OP wholeheartedly! Grinding’s days are numbered. It is an archaic practice that kills MMOs. I’m not saying we should be spoon-fed everything, as that would be boring, but the goal should be to make a grind seem less “grindy”. Been playing MMOs for a VERY long time, and I’m over mind-numbing grinds. Since WoW seems to be THE benchmark of choice, I leveled many alts over the years… and guess what?
I only leveled Fishing and Cooking once!
Why?
It sucked <mule>.
…but that’s just my opinion.

This is different though, this is a Legendary Weapon. If it doesn’t take much work to get, well how can it be Legendary? If it was easy to get, then tons of people would run around with them.

The amount of work for Legendary Weapons does two things, for one it takes a strenuous amount of time to make, so you’re not going to see these weapons for a LONG time. For two, because of the amount of work, a LOT of people aren’t going to want to do this, because it doesn’t give any extra stats as opposed to normal exotics, so those very few that do dedicate the time to get one of these weapons, will be considered legendary and will feel legendary and that’s what matters. If I FEEL legendary because of how few and far between my weapon is in the game, I mean that’s something I will remember.

If I made the Legendary Greatsword Twilight, I would probably be 1 of less than 10 others on my server that has it, I’m going to remember that feeling. People are going to whisper me about it, talk about it, and I’m going to feel like a straight up boss.

I agree with the amount of work this takes, because you won’t see everybody running around with this thing. And those that do finally get this weapon won’t have gotten it simply by themselves, the creations of these weapons will most likely be fueled by entire guilds for one person to have.

in Crafting

Posted by: Berelain.2308

Berelain.2308

I’m planning to play this game for years, so why rushing to a legendary wapon within a few weeks after release? Its supposed to be hard! Supposed to be a challance. I’m not going to grind, but with simply play this game it might take longer, but in the end I will have a legendary wapon. But I will not have mindless grinded it, no I had fun while playing with friends and guildies. Maybe something to consider.

Look to GW1, the obsidian armour took years to get and was very special. You where proude to have one, i will be disappointed if I get the wapon within a year, while playing normal. That meens it was to easy to get.

Guild Leader Gwens Red Iris Flowers [GRIS]
Commander Berelain sur Hoiya
Far Shiverpeaks

in Crafting

Posted by: Lakhla.9183

Lakhla.9183

Khem…. What the hell are you talking about? Complaining about having LEGENDARY weapon in 40 Days or let say 2 or even 3 months? Please give me a break. It is called “legendary” for some reason. Or maybe you would like to have it in your inventory after 7 days grind???? Sure let equip everybody with legendary equipment. I wonder if it will still be LEGENDARY or just “common”…

No offence.

Patience you must have, Young Padawan…….

Best regards

(edited by Lakhla.9183)

in Crafting

Posted by: Sal.4672

Sal.4672

but this grind blows everything else out of the water.

Apparently you haven’t played RuneScape before. 40 days – 12hours a day is nothing.

in Crafting

SiNoS.2147

I’m planning to play this game for years, so why rushing to a legendary wapon within a few weeks after release? Its supposed to be hard! Supposed to be a challance. I’m not going to grind, but with simply play this game it might take longer, but in the end I will have a legendary wapon. But I will not have mindless grinded it, no I had fun while playing with friends and guildies. Maybe something to consider.

Look to GW1, the obsidian armour took years to get and was very special. You where proude to have one, i will be disappointed if I get the wapon within a year, while playing normal. That meens it was to easy to get.

Ya i remember back in the day of GW1 seeing people in obsidian. I would stop and give them a pat on the back because i knew what i took to get that armor set and they deserved it. I still to this day do not have it because i dident like the look of it personally. But doesent mean i did not give people there due that did the work.

in Crafting

Posted by: Genoc.5473

Genoc.5473

It’s a good thing that the legendaries are really really hard to obtain. They’re no better weapons than exotics, just usually far better looking skins on them. Something for those to work for who commit to the game, and eventually get rewarded for it. I’ll probably never get one if those requirements hold true, and that’s fine by me.

in Crafting

Posted by: LordVictorXII.1390

LordVictorXII.1390

Karma grinding. Just great. Time to make ue of the Influence Banners I’m crafting in my guild

in Crafting

Posted by: maaprid.2168

maaprid.2168

Did you even play WoW? It never took 4 months, world first pair of daggers took a month and a half, if you add an additional month you could get these daggers by playing 3 hours a week as long as you were in a half decent guild. These daggers are the easiest legendary item to get in WoW so far.

If Blizzard had allowed raiders to reset raid instances once they were cleared someone would have gotten the daggers in the first 3 days.

This was done so early because the whole guild server transferred on cool down, which then resets your raid ID. Not an exploit, but not as intended. Just Sayin’

in Crafting

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

“Boohoooo, I can’t get the best looking weapon in the game just 2 weeks after release QQ”

Cry more dude, wtf. They’re supposed to be hard to get, they’re LEGENDARY’S. Wouldn’t be legendary’s if they were easy to get, now would they?

And yes, Obsidian Armor in Guild Wars 1 took me about 2-3 months of constant farming Underworld for Glob of Ecto (12 hours a day probably). If I remember correctly you needed 120 of these, plus some extra materials to make the armor. And it was the equivalent of these legendary’s in Guild Wars 2.

Great job on the devs for giving us such cool end-game items to strive for (that you can’t buy off ebay, because the materials are soulbound), they look amazing and I want one. Guess I’ll have to work for it, but at least it gives me something to do in the game.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

in Crafting

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

took me months to get into the ship I wanted in eve. Took me months back in the old days of MMOs to get items.

You’ll get karma just playing the game, so why QQ? it will always have a use, just keep at it until you get it.

Not everything has to be obtainable in a week or two.

in Crafting

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I don’t understand the replies in this thread… The OP asked a simple question if anyone knew of a recipe for mystic clovers because the only known option right now is random…

Then a bunch of people come in and start screaming about how legendary weapons should be hard to get and the OP is an idiot because he wants to have everything handed to him…

Did I miss something?

in Crafting

Posted by: Curzen.9180

Curzen.9180

You don’t need a legendary. It won’t make you kill stuff easier or better. It is intended to be rare, difficult to obtain and something special to have. Given that I’m fine if it takes half a year of constant playing to craft and most people are put off by the requirements.

in Crafting

Posted by: Karthaugh.6532

Karthaugh.6532

Ah…..the days of Final Fantasy XI, grinding 4 years for a legendary greatsword…..great times ^^

in Crafting

Allso.5093

I don’t understand the replies in this thread… The OP asked a simple question if anyone knew of a recipe for mystic clovers because the only known option right now is random…

Then a bunch of people come in and start screaming about how legendary weapons should be hard to get and the OP is an idiot because he wants to have everything handed to him…

Did I miss something?

Exactly, it makes no sence that the recipe is random when Dusk/Dawn already is random. It also makes no sence that you have to grind karma for Mystic Clovers when you already have another karma grind of 525k to get 250 Obsidian Shards. The fact that the karma grind takes 2 million karma doesnt make any sence either because they want each piece of the item to take about the same amount of time to make however this piece will be 80% of the entire grind.

There have to be another way of getting mystic clovers and thats what I need help with.

I dont need people to tell me how hard grinds were in 10 year old games or in EVE online which btw is not a grind because you only have to log in for 10 mins a day for 2 years to fly a Titan decently.

in Crafting

Posted by: guts.6103

guts.6103

Have you guys looked at the wiki at all? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon
Has a list of legnedary weapons and the mats there are 2 legendary great swords btw
Twilight and Sunrise each require either dawn of rage for sunrise and dusk of rage for twilight.

in Crafting

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

All I see if we think we have the correct recipe and we think the calculation for the randomness of the mystic clover is correct
How about you find out if the recipe is correct first and how about you find out how many clovers you get with a certain number of combines
Then compare it to the other legedary recipes and what they have to do to get theirs
After all that is done then perhaps there may be a legitamate complaint behind the whole thing
But really in a game where just about everything you do gains karma and the fact that you are talking about what is called a legendary weapon, seeing that it would take a few months to get, I don’t really see an issue
And I don’t see it as a grind either. I don’t do events for Karma and I don’t do wvw for Karma I do those because I enjoy doing them so that is not a grind.
I’m sorry you don’t have your epic 2 weeks after the games was released though

in Crafting

Posted by: BradKing.3409

BradKing.3409

On guildwars2guru

where there’s you problem anyways the Twilight Great sword is THE HARDEST TO OBTAIN LEGENDARY OF THE WHOLE GAME as it has been stated you need both the dawn an the dusk legendary great swords just to craft it(didn’t you watch the dev blog on it and the rainbow shooting unicorn bow?) for it to be the hardest in the game this is completely fair if it was easy to get it would be no fun

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/324689481b 12 mins in enjoy

/thread

Rainbow shooting unicorn bow?
/) Brohoof

Legendaries will be fun to get, but I’ll probably only grind for one if I’m close to one by playing like I always play.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

Karma grinding. Just great. Time to make ue of the Influence Banners I’m crafting in my guild

Those are for guild influence only. you want the Karma boost banners under the politics upgrades to boost your Karma rewards. I believe there are also personal Karma boosters you can buy from the trading post or get from black lion chests.

in Crafting

Posted by: Cyferwolf.1089

Cyferwolf.1089

As I recall from friends in WoW 6 months of grinding for a legendary isn’t exactly extreme, especially compared to some other MMOs. It’s just a pretty skin, work on it with your buddies on the side and enjoy the game rather than burning yourself out grinding like a maniac for something that really should take a long time.

in Crafting

Posted by: FarFarAway.6579

FarFarAway.6579

I love that it takes a while to get legendaries. That not EVERY single thing in the game can be accomplished within a month. I know its frustrating for those of you who want everything now, and don’t want to work for it, but if you played MMOs back in the days of L2, Aion, etc, you would know what a real grind is.

You don’t really need the legendary anyway, its just something fun to work towards.

Kids these days…. they need instant gratification.

in Crafting

Posted by: andybmcc.8751

andybmcc.8751

but this grind blows everything else out of the water.

Apparently you haven’t played RuneScape before. 40 days – 12hours a day is nothing.

This. I’ve played on and off for over 10 years and I’m still nowhere close to max level.

in Crafting

Allso.5093

Have you guys looked at the wiki at all? http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_weapon
Has a list of legnedary weapons and the mats there are 2 legendary great swords btw
Twilight and Sunrise each require either dawn of rage for sunrise and dusk of rage for twilight.

The wiki is not written by ArenaNet employees, 90% of the information about legendary items on the wiki is false information.

All I see if we think we have the correct recipe and we think the calculation for the randomness of the mystic clover is correct
How about you find out if the recipe is correct first and how about you find out how many clovers you get with a certain number of combines
Then compare it to the other legedary recipes and what they have to do to get theirs
After all that is done then perhaps there may be a legitamate complaint behind the whole thing
But really in a game where just about everything you do gains karma and the fact that you are talking about what is called a legendary weapon, seeing that it would take a few months to get, I don’t really see an issue
And I don’t see it as a grind either. I don’t do events for Karma and I don’t do wvw for Karma I do those because I enjoy doing them so that is not a grind.

The recipe is 100% correct, we do however not know if there is more than one recipe and thats what im hoping for.

in Crafting

Allso.5093

Those are for guild influence only. you want the Karma boost banners under the politics upgrades to boost your Karma rewards. I believe there are also personal Karma boosters you can buy from the trading post or get from black lion chests.

Currently the Karma Boosts cant actually make it quicker, you NEED to take a break once every 50mins if you use the 50% extra karma item. If you keep going you will end up getting 20 karma per event.

in Crafting

SiNoS.2147

The wiki is not written by ArenaNet employees, 90% of the information about legendary items on the wiki is false information.

The recipe is 100% correct, we do however not know if there is more than one recipe and thats what im hoping for.

Just curious but how do you know its correct? Has anyone gotten the legendary live yet? If your going from beta things change from beta and this might have been one of them.

in Crafting

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Great, something to make gold on.

in Crafting

Allso.5093

Just curious but how do you know its correct? Has anyone gotten the legendary live yet? If your going from beta things change from beta and this might have been one of them.

No one on live have made a legendary, we know from the beta that you need Mystic Clover and people have already made Mystic Clover. The randomness of the recipe means that you have to spend 1,5 million karma to get 250 Mystic Clovers.

in Crafting

SiNoS.2147

No one on live have made a legendary, we know from the beta that you need Mystic Clover and people have already made Mystic Clover. The randomness of the recipe means that you have to spend 1,5 million karma to get 250 Mystic Clovers.

Ok well please avoid saying you know 100% that its this as till its actually crafted nothing is 100%.

in Crafting

Allso.5093

Ok well please avoid saying you know 100% that its this as till its actually crafted nothing is 100%.

Yes it is the description on the item still says that you need it to craft legendary weapons (which means all of them). We know the recipe 100% for Mystic Clover because people have made that item on live the problem is that the recipe doesnt have a 100% outcome for mystic clovers.