Legendarys are over the top

in Crafting

Posted by: Timmy.9371

Timmy.9371

I just wanted to address the absolute ridiculousness of how legendarys are acquired.
Below is a visual representation i have made (mad paint skillz #yolo)

I have seen the forum post from anet addressing they are aware of the pre cursors etc etc. But it isnt the pre cursors that are the problem… Its the lodestones and ecto’s They are too hard to get and too expensive.

http://i.imgur.com/NC8Aq.png (<< excuse the external link i cant use bbcode for some reason…)

please share your thoughts.

(edited by Timmy.9371)

in Crafting

Posted by: Talel.2879

Talel.2879

I just wanted to address the absolute ridiculousness of how legendarys are acquired.

I have seen the forum post from anet addressing they are aware of the pre cursors etc etc. But it isnt the pre cursors that are the problem… Its the lodestones and ecto’s They are too hard to get and too expensive.

http://i.imgur.com/NC8Aq.png (<< excuse the external link i cant use bbcode for some reason…)

In my opinion the only problem are the lodestones (especially the charged lodestones since they’re required in a lot of cool items). Ectos on the other hand are easy to obtain.

Talel – Warrior – Gatekeepers of Desolation [GoD]

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

In my opinion the only problem are the lodestones (especially the charged lodestones since they’re required in a lot of cool items). Ectos on the other hand are easy to obtain.

easy to obtain yes. But very expensive, unless you spend countless hours farming rares

in Crafting

Posted by: That.8613

That.8613

I think you should not change on acquiring a legendary, cause to be honest this game is keep on repeating no new stuffs always just getting nerf. sooner or later the game will be Boring. same item just different stats and easy to be strong. just pick the perfect Traits and Skill. for me making a legendary is Useless cause it has no special attribute or add on and its just for showing off. and also you can’t show off cause of the rule can’t AFK for long time. so making legendary is useless if you Nerf, the Difficulty. of getting a Legendary this game will not be challenging anymore. well for my opinion make legendary a little bit useful like giving a little stat or add on so when players make one it won’t be a dissapointment.

in Crafting

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Well you picked one of the most popular and expensive legendaries to make. Orichalcum and the armored scales, can be slowly farmed from making mystic clovers and orichalcum map runs, 30min per map 2 maps 10 nodes ~15ingots a day (if you are just going for nodes). I have already farmed about ~1000 orichalcum ingots from a my daily map runs. The precursors prices are stupidly expensives but warriors/guardians are very popular classes to play. Sellers can get away with that price since their is a high demand for those ultra rare items and some players have that much money(not sure how).

Still it is a issue bought up by many players. I just feel that it is suppose to take ~100g on exotic for the mystic forge to get one. That is not happening for most players and some player think that attempting to get a precursor with rares is better because you can make more attempts. I find that to be flawed because the chances of getting a exotic about 1/20 so getting a precursor from rares would have a worst chance.

The price of globs have been slowly increase with the ban on some bots and players starting to buy the 500 they need for their legendaries. But you can reduce the cost of globs by buying rares to salvage. Still glob have increased by 1 silver a day this week.

Legendaries are suppose to take some time to make so slowly buy the materials for them. Atm it will take me one more month to get the karma globs and icy runes for my legendary (I am making a cheap one). So it will take 100days or so from start to finish.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

in Crafting

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

In my personal opinion, the only thing difficult about legendaries are the precursors, which are already being addressed.

Lodestones really aren’t that difficult to get either, I personally average around 10 per every 5 days, doing all 3 paths of CoE once a daily.

Ectoplasm is the same, you can do events in orr to get rares, as well as use the large bones that drop so frequently to go back and craft lvl 80 rares to salvage for ectoplasm.

You can easily get 250 ecto within a week and a half of doing so. This is all my personal experience/opinion though.

What exactly do you want changed about these materials?

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

In my personal opinion, the only thing difficult about legendaries are the precursors, which are already being addressed.

Lodestones really aren’t that difficult to get either, I personally average around 10 per every 5 days, doing all 3 paths of CoE once a daily.

Ectoplasm is the same, you can do events in orr to get rares, as well as use the large bones that drop so frequently to go back and craft lvl 80 rares to salvage for ectoplasm.

You can easily get 250 ecto within a week and a half of doing so. This is all my personal experience/opinion though.

what i want changed is the way you obtain these gifts. I think that instead of a massive grind for karma. You do an extreamly hard jumping puzzle for one part of the gift, Then an exclusive dungeon for another (that you have to solo). I just look at people with a legendary and think wow they got lucky with the tp and wow they spent a lot of time running plinx. Not thinking WOW he’s a really skilled player.

in Crafting

Posted by: That.8613

That.8613

Opinion

Sunrise = Holy DMG+ 100 ATK + Trails w/ DMG
Twiglight = Dark DMG+ 100 ATK + Trails w/ DMG
Jaggernut = Armor Change + 100 Thoughness
Frost Fang = Cold DMG + Chill on Everyhit + Trails w/DMG
Biforst = Holy DMG + Blindness for every 10 sec CD + Trails w/DMG

well some of this combination would be good and it will be really useful making a legendary.

in Crafting

Celestea.4105

what i want changed is the way you obtain these gifts. I think that instead of a massive grind for karma. You do an extreamly hard jumping puzzle for one part of the gift, Then an exclusive dungeon for another (that you have to solo). I just look at people with a legendary and think wow they got lucky with the tp and wow they spent a lot of time running plinx. Not thinking WOW he’s a really skilled player.

Well with the karma thing, you get karma from dungeons as well as your daily now. If you use the guild banner/boost as well as the normal booster you can receive an extra 70% = 7.6k karma just from doing your daily which takes a minimum of 20-30mins at level 80.

I’m not sure how doing a jumping puzzle or a 1 man dungeon is indicative of player skill. For example, a lot of people were complaining about the Clocktower puzzle, yet my friend who can’t even do his personal story completed it. That puzzle was considered “hard” by the community.

I understand where you are coming from, and It’s nice you’re putting ideas out here for people to discuss. I just don’t think they are exactly befitting of a means of acquiring legendary weapons.

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

Well with the karma thing, you get karma from dungeons as well as your daily now. If you use the guild banner/boost as well as the normal booster you can receive an extra 70% = 7.6k karma just from doing your daily which takes a minimum of 20-30mins at level 80.

I’m not sure how doing a jumping puzzle or a 1 man dungeon is indicative of player skill. For example, a lot of people were complaining about the Clocktower puzzle, yet my friend who can’t even do his personal story completed it. That puzzle was considered “hard” by the community.

I understand where you are coming from, and It’s nice you’re putting ideas out here for people to discuss. I just don’t think they are exactly befitting of a means of acquiring legendary weapons.

i found the clockwork puzzle really easy.
its different from some.

what i mean is the legendary’s need to be obtained with skill. Not massive grinds, I don’t mean get the whole legendary from a jumping puzzle, Just replace the karma with the puzzle for example. It would give me at least, more motivation.

in Crafting

Celestea.4105

its different from some.

what i mean is the legendary’s need to be obtained with skill. Not massive grinds, I don’t mean get the whole legendary from a jumping puzzle, Just replace the karma with the puzzle for example. It would give me at least, more motivation.

I have a feeling the new dungeon they are adding on the 15th will have a part in all of this. They were saying the dungeon had multiple levels and if you manage to get to the bottom you will get “really good loot”.

Maybe there will be lodestones, jugs of karma etc. =P

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

its different from some.

I have a feeling the new dungeon they are adding on the 15th will have a part in all of this. They were saying the dungeon had multiple levels and if you manage to get to the bottom you will get “really good loot”.

Maybe there will be lodestones, jugs of karma etc. =P

i really do hope so

in Crafting

Posted by: frak.5239

frak.5239

this is absolute stupidity, and for the last time nobody is forcing you to farm
you don’t want to spend endless hours getting karma? don’t get a legendary… unlike gw1, there are an immense number of beautiful skins in the game (and some are still undiscovered) for every budget, so you don’t have any reason to complain about not being able to get a legendary
how about buy items when they’re cheap (buying ectos at 20s is stupid), gather orichalcum by yourself (you’ll get it during the time you farm everything else anyways), make lodestone out of cores and get a part of each t6 material stack by crafting clovers?

learn to buy and sell at the right moment, and for god sake when there are multiple ways to get an item go for the cheapest

i’m so pissed off of threads bashing legendaries, and i can’t stand people who think they’re entitled to get a legendary because they want to, you either give yourself the means to do it or you don’t and stop whining, it’s just a game and nobody cares about your frustration

in Crafting

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

you don’t want to spend endless hours getting karma? don’t get a legendary… unlike gw1, there are an immense number of beautiful skins in the game (and some are still undiscovered) for every budget, so you don’t have any reason to complain about not being able to get a legendary
how about buy items when they’re cheap (buying ectos at 20s is stupid), gather orichalcum by yourself (you’ll get it during the time you farm everything else anyways), make lodestone out of cores and get a part of each t6 material stack by crafting clovers?

learn to buy and sell at the right moment, and for god sake when there are multiple ways to get an item go for the cheapest

i’m so pissed off of threads bashing legendaries, and i can’t stand people who think they’re entitled to get a legendary because they want to, you either give yourself the means to do it or you don’t and stop whining, it’s just a game and nobody cares about your frustration

And I am so sick of cheaters coming on the threads and say No No No.
Only 10% of the legendaries now are legit the rest were gained through exploiting and gold buying.
And according to Anet we are entitled to it if you put in the time and skill and dedication.
No one is asking for one to be handed to them and stop making something out of nothing.
All that is asked is for a fair way to obtain them.
Sorry: opening my wallet and clicking forge are not legendary to me and sure as hell not an adventure.

in Crafting

frak.5239

And I am so sick of cheaters coming on the threads and say No No No.
Only 10% of the legendaries now are legit the rest were gained through exploiting and gold buying.
And according to Anet we are entitled to it if you put in the time and skill and dedication.
No one is asking for one to be handed to them and stop making something out of nothing.
All that is asked is for a fair way to obtain them.
Sorry: opening my wallet and clicking forge are not legendary to me and sure as hell not an adventure.

because obviously gold buying and exploiting are the only ways to make money in this game
that dude who posted pics of himself buying black lion chests for less than 10c and selling them for more than 40c on halloween is obviously a cheater and should be banned right?
let me guess, you never made significant profits from the trading post, did you?
if you weren’t even able to make money with the trading post on halloween it’s ludicrous to even think you’re entitled to call out people who farmed for 2 months (almost got my legendary, and i’m amongst those) cheaters
dedication isn’t being stubborn and farming unprofitable events all day long while whining on the forums, it’s actually using your brain to find more efficient ways to make money

as for the 10%, is that an official percentage or did you just made that up according to what you think?

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Playing the trading post isnt a honest way of earning a legendary imo. It doesnt suffer from diminishing returns like almost everything else in this game and manipulates prices.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

frak.5239

Playing the trading post isnt a honest way of earning a legendary imo. It doesnt suffer from diminishing returns like almost everything else in this game and manipulates prices.

wow, i just give up
you’re actually saying you want the process to be easier because you keep using the wrong and harder way of achieving it… that really tells a lot
this is what i was talking about when i wrote using your brain to find profitable way to achieve your goal instead of being stubborn
but apparently you’d rather be stubborn, then go ahead and work way harder on an already hard process to get no benefits in return, possibly even making you sick of the game

in Crafting

Posted by: Sythus.2396

Sythus.2396

People will never be satisfied. If ANET make legendaries easier to obtain then people will whine that now it is too easy and almost half the players have it. If they leave it like it is now people will continue to whine that it is too hard and it should be way easier. It’s a lose-lose situation either way :/

in Crafting

Posted by: Delolith.9645

Delolith.9645

Share my thoughts? I don’t think it matters. Do you want me to pass the thoughts of ANet since they have shared them in the past? ONLY LESS THAN 5% OF THE TOTAL POPULATION will have a legendary. Now put some effort to make your brain function. Think of what this percentage means. Try to apply it to the general populous….voila. Now it doesn’t seem that ridiculous eh?

TL:DR version: According to ANet it is intentional.

in Crafting

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

wow, i just give up
you’re actually saying you want the process to be easier because you keep using the wrong and harder way of achieving it… that really tells a lot
this is what i was talking about when i wrote using your brain to find profitable way to achieve your goal instead of being stubborn
but apparently you’d rather be stubborn, then go ahead and work way harder on an already hard process to get no benefits in return, possibly even making you sick of the game

You are funny. Dont you think its sad playing the most challanging and fun content of the game gives a lot less rewards than mindless Orr farming or trading post manipulation (flipping and all the dishonest other crap you can do)?

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Crafting

Delolith.9645

wow, i just give up

You are funny. Dont you think its sad playing the most challanging and fun content of the game gives a lot less rewards than mindless Orr farming or trading post manipulation (flipping and all the dishonest other crap you can do)?

I agree that karma could be easily tied to dungeon completions instead and been made even more difficult than what they are now. However, I don’t see how you claim that market manupulation is dishonest crap. You know there are people that actually study in universities in order to do that in this thing we call the real world. You seem to have a very strange grasp of reality….

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

TP trading is there for people who like doing this sort of thing but it SHOULD NOT be the only viable way to get enough gold for a legendary. This is not Economy Wars 2. If you can’t get what you want through normal play then the system is broken. With the exception of certain mmos like EvE, these types of games aren’t designed around market trading. They’re designed around going out and playing the actual game.

in Crafting

Delolith.9645

TP trading is there for people who like doing this sort of thing but it SHOULD NOT be the only viable way to get enough gold for a legendary. This is not Economy Wars 2. If you can’t get what you want through normal play then the system is broken. With the exception of certain mmos like EvE, these types of games aren’t designed around market trading. They’re designed around going out and playing the actual game.

I think I gained around 50g out of TP manipulation. The rest was from pure gameplay. 430 hours played (very focused gaming) and managed to make Bolt. People just overexaggerate cause they don’t have the patience to go through all the things a legendary requires.

in Crafting

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

TP trading is there for people who like doing this sort of thing but it SHOULD NOT be the only viable way to get enough gold for a legendary.

It’s not the only viable way. It’s simply the best, and unlimited, way. As a result, people who manipulate the economy are richer than everyone else, and as such drive prices up. Do you realize that the really expensive things in making a Legendary, the Lodestones and the precursors, have prices driven by the players? If all players had less gold, those items would be cheaper. With a few players having a lot of gold (due to TB manipulation) and most people having less gold, the items are at the price they currently are.

TP manipulation should be limited. It needs to be nerfed as much as farming was nerfed with the DR system.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Crafting

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

I think I gained around 50g out of TP manipulation. The rest was from pure gameplay. 430 hours played (very focused gaming) and managed to make Bolt. People just overexaggerate cause they don’t have the patience to go through all the things a legendary requires.

My only impatience was with the precursors. I could circumvent the TP by farming for any item I felt wasn’t worth paying for but with precursors I didn’t have that option and I didn’t trust the TP prices to be fair or to remain the same by the time I earned enough gold to buy one.

It’s not the only viable way. It’s simply the best, and unlimited, way. As a result, people who manipulate the economy are richer than everyone else, and as such drive prices up. Do you realize that the really expensive things in making a Legendary, the Lodestones and the precursors, have prices driven by the players? If all players had less gold, those items would be cheaper. With a few players having a lot of gold (due to TB manipulation) and most people having less gold, the items are at the price they currently are.

TP manipulation should be limited. It needs to be nerfed as much as farming was nerfed with the DR system.

TP manipulation is already limited with a 15% tax. If it was higher the casuals who sell the things they don’t need would probably hurt more. Items like lodestones can only become so much more expensive before they become the best way to farm money and then everyone and their mom will go for them and thus balance out the supply.

The problem with precursors was different because obtaining just one was so random It wasn’t a reliable way to make a profit. That’s why the supply remained small even as the demand increased allowing the few owners to bring the prices higher and higher.

in Crafting

Posted by: ubwcgm.2415

ubwcgm.2415

I see a lot of people saying it’s happening, but what manipulation is taking place?

in Crafting

Ulion.5476

I see a lot of people saying it’s happening, but what manipulation is taking place?

He is talking about flipping items. Order an item at a low price them resell it at full price. Overall the player that are making legendaries so fast are spending most of their game time farming in Orr. Making +10gold a day. I just do not find farming above 2hrs a day to be fun so I am taking my time.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

ubwcgm.2415

He is talking about flipping items. Order an item at a low price them resell it at full price.

I guess I don’t see how that’s necessarily manipulation. Seems to me that some people want the gold now and other people are willing to wait. A present value/preference issue.

And I’m with you on taking time, I’m in no rush.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vigil.3408

Vigil.3408

The initial post implies you need to grind gold to purchase all of the required items from the Trading Post to make a legendary weapon.

This is not the case. At all.

The hardest and longest part of any legendary is the kitten mystic clovers. RNG is a heartless kitten sometimes and the important ingredient in what makes mystic clovers is karma. You can not purchase karma.

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

please take your moronic posts elsewhere, Barely any of the legendarys (on sea of sorrows atleast) are legit. I and many others are aware people purchase gold from gold sellers to make this happen. I have a friend who has been a power trader for over 6 years, he made over 300g on the Halloween event with BL chests, the only viable way to make mass amounts of money in gw2 is to play the TP, but if everyone does this then the market will crash. You have no idea what you are talking about please dont ever post here again.

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

While I completely agree with this topic.

Just wanted to say that there are ways make a lot more money / 1hour.
I for one, make over 20g within 2h+ every day without messing with the TP.
Working on your alts is one good example, since this game serves no purpose for 1 main character to begin with.

That said, Legendaries should remain as their name imply, but not at such grand cost. perhaps a 1/4th or 1/3rd cut of the total price will do.
Plenty of solutions have been suggested to obtain a precursor weapon… I’ve read that Anet are addressing this issue in upcoming update so we’ll see how this goes.

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

Working on your alts is one good example, since this game serves no purpose for 1 main character to begin with.

That said, Legendaries should remain as their name imply, but not at such grand cost. perhaps a 1/4th or 1/3rd cut of the total price will do.
Plenty of solutions have been suggested to obtain a precursor weapon… I’ve read that Anet are addressing this issue in upcoming update so we’ll see how this goes.

how do you make 20g per 2/hrs…

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

how do you make 20g per 2/hrs…

The market is bad enough as it is for all of us.
Please understand my decision not to share this kind of info…

But it is very possible and not something grand, any person can do it once all conditions are met.

in Crafting

Erasculio.2914

I guess I don’t see how that’s necessarily manipulation.

That’s clearly manipulation. Someone can buy all items at the lower value and sell at the higher value, keeping the profit, which then allows the person to buy more of the same item and afford being able to see it for an even higher price. For extremely limited items, like the precursors, it allows people to have almost a monopoly on those items, by buying all cheap offers and offering the same items at an increased price.

This has many issues, some of which are:

• The prices are overinflated. Someone could say, “the price is a matter of how much valuable people think the item is”. Not really. Considering how those playing the market can buy the item and sell for each other, they are creating a market mostly limited to themselves. In other words, the price is set by them, not by how much the other players think the item is worth.
  • There is no limit to how often this can be done. Farming is limited by the DR system which is in place to prevent grinders to have too much more money than normal players, so they cannot drive all prices up. Playing the market has no such limitation, and thus it creates a massive gap between TP players and normal players, leading to prices being driven up.

We end with a group of players who have a lot of gold by artificially inflating prices in the TP. This is bad for all other players, since the TP manipulators are driving prices up due to hoarding gold, and is especially bad for those trying to buy the items the TP manipulators are playing with, since said items are being overinflated due to two different reasons. Little surprise to see so many people complaining about the price of precursors.

ArenaNet should put a cap on the price of some of the more valuable items, like precursors and lodestones. This would prevent them being used for market manipulation, as well as limit how much easy gold TP players can get.

Of course, for the TP manipulators themselves things are fine the way they are, so they don’t really want to see any change…

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to

in Crafting

Posted by: TurboGuard.4865

TurboGuard.4865

Here’s a simple solution that everyone should be able to agree on: let achievement points go towards legendary components or legendaries themselves. That way you could actually work towards a legendary by actually enjoying and participating in all facets of the game and not just mindlessly grinding, playing the TP, or exploiting.

*Also, this would give legendaries more meaning, because the only thing I think now when I see someone with a legendary is “the only thing legendary about that guy is how deep his pockets are.”

(edited by TurboGuard.4865)

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

Here’s a simple solution that everyone should be able to agree on: let achievement points go towards legendary components or legendaries themselves. That way you could actually work towards a legendary by actually enjoying and participating in all facets of the game and not just mindlessly grinding, playing the TP, or exploiting.

THIS^

in Crafting

Erasculio.2914

Then people would find a way to exploit achievemnt completition. They would look at the entire list of achievements, see which one give the best points gain/time spent ratio, and abuse said achievement as much as possible. Also keep in mind that the amount of achievement points a casual player is going to make per day is very limited – many of the refreshing ones require a lot of time spent grinding.

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

Then people would find a way to exploit achievemnt completition. They would look at the entire list of achievements, see which one give the best points gain/time spent ratio, and abuse said achievement as much as possible. Also keep in mind that the amount of achievement points a casual player is going to make per day is very limited – many of the refreshing ones require a lot of time spent grinding.

everything will be exploited its an online game….

look at plinx for example.

in Crafting

Ulion.5476

THIS^

You can still grind that by using agent of entropy. 200 salvage =2 achievement points. I have gained about 300 points because of that.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

THIS^

You can still grind that by using agent of entropy. 200 salvage =2 achievement points. I have gained about 300 points because of that.

There are far better ways to gain fast points…
I can hit 10k points if I was bored enough. Currently sitting on 4k+ just to annoy a hardcore member of my guild who can’t understand why he can’t catch up to me.

in Crafting

Erasculio.2914

everything will be exploited its an online game….

That’s the same as saying that the game will always have bugs, so it’s not worth fixing the ones that are already there :-P Using achievement points would be very exploited.

in Crafting

Posted by: Vegas.5790

Vegas.5790

It still comes out to ‘just a grind’ for money/mats/pre. Nothing epic about obtaining one of these. There should be a quest line that gets you going/helps with crafting one of these.

And ppl wonder why there is so much botting. Although I have noticed some of the ‘usual’ bots are gone, so maybe Anet is finally stepping up and banning these ppl.

in Crafting

Horheristo.3607

Event the bots can’t make enough for a legendary

in Crafting

ubwcgm.2415

That’s clearly manipulation.

What I responded to about not being necessarily manipulation was what Ulion.5476 said. Placing a buy order and reselling with a sell order. That, by itself, is not market manipulation.

And I’m familiar with all of these concepts your talking about, I just don’t see how you come to the conclusion that this is happening. Do we know that only a few people control all of the precursors? Is there a way to track this? Or are you just assuming this is happening because the prices have gone up?

Also I don’t understand why you are separating people into two groups, TP player and normal players. Do they have to be mutually exclusive? And what is your definition of a normal player?

in Crafting

Posted by: BiscaWolf.4237

BiscaWolf.4237

My only issue is getting dusk ,I am at a point were I have farmed all my mats , I am at a stage were all I need now is karma and gift of battle and world completion, I have tried about gods know how many times to mystic forge it lol and now I am back at work full time so I am freaking out that I will never get dusk and my character is down to 9gold (0.0)
I think getting the mats is fine but precursor should be easier to
Get to inspire a person to upgrade it into amazin looking weapon

[Lilith Algais : lvl 80 Mesmer ]
Merc
[Sea of Sorrows ]

in Crafting

Posted by: Rore.3548

Rore.3548

I’m pretty sure Legendary’s , and other similar skins are meant to be a money / time sinks. What else are you going to do with all your gold / time in game?

I don’t know why everyone keeps kittening about it, do a /age to put things into perspective for gods sake.

in Crafting

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Legendary’s it’s legendary, you don’t need to go for it if you don’t want to, isn’t easy or fast…of course.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

in Crafting

Timmy.9371

Legendary’s it’s legendary, you don’t need to go for it if you don’t want to, isn’t easy or fast…of course.

the only end game is getting a legendary.
the rest of the things to do you can do at nearly any level,
grinding plinx for hours on end is boring, this is why people are unhappy. Its not a skill factor. It is a who can grind the most factor.

in Crafting

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Well, you can do it in a lot of ways, not just grinding, you can play with TP also.
And of course if you have time you will be able to have more gold/exp or whatever, I think nothing is wrong with that.
If you don’t have want/have time for it , don’t go. It doesn’t have more stats.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

in Crafting

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

Farmers views will never change, they will always be right and they will always state they have skill, which in reality translates to hours played.

But there is the rub isnt it? The hours played. A farmer/boxer deserves a legendary because they have “skill and dedication” but the “average” Gamers does not deserve a legendary.

That is some target audience Anet.

Here is an easy fix for legendaries. Anet sells no ingame gold, they need to stop now. Anything for the legendaries needs a rework, example loadstones, simply pitiful. A grind isnt bad, mindless farming is. Everthing associate with any type of legendary anything needs to be bind to account, no TP, no trading to other players.

Legendaries need to be storylined, period. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out a much better way to impliment this.

Having to make tens or even hundreds of dungeon runs is simply stupid for anything let alone the legendaries. I run dungeons ONE time, why the hell would you want to go through them again except to farm? Farmer game mechanics, a bad thing.

What happened to the innovation Anet promised, this game is worse than some korean MMOs in the farming dept.

We gamers complain, yes, because you farmers feel you are entitled. You farmers feel because you play alot, which by the way require zero skill, that your “dedication” leads to great things. The only thing i feel is sad for the Gamers getting fooled by Anet. I feel sad for the developers that did not speak up during meetings when others looked on in disbelief that some things were decided with the farmer in mind.

Legendaries…That is some line of thinking you have Anet.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.