Light of Dwayna (Infused) is soulbound

in Crafting

Posted by: Rhow.6814

Rhow.6814

I’m a huge supporter of the idea of making high-end gear account-bound – all the struggle, time, nerves and resources spent are not limited to a single cahracter. And with that in mind, look at long awaited Light of Dwayna and Shadow of Grenth infusion recipies – soulbound on stat selection. Now, comparing it to the ascended rings infusions all this looks like partly-completed job, Anet. People for a long time requested, first, LoD/SoG infusions, then making our precious shinies account bound, despite this we got… THAT. I am not hurt by the actual fact of my freshly-crafted infused LoD being soulbound, rather by that implying Anet either stupidly “missed a spot”(!) or deliberately left issue untreated, only poorly stating in the release notes the fact of high-end back pieces being added to infusion recipies. So, which is it then, lack of attention or deliberate nerf after a stated promise of improving quality of life?

PS: Make LoD/SoG (infused) account bound, ffs! To think, soulbound status of an item implies uniqueness, item’s worth etc, which in turn means infused LoD is more in that way that, say, Eternity… really? Really?

Attachments:

in Crafting

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I haven’t tested it since I haven’t infused my Dwanya backpiece yet (I just swapped other infused backpieces around since I heard it was bugged a while ago) but the Tempered Spinal Blades and coloured version give the same message “soulbound on use” but stay accountbound even after you select the stats. So maybe the same goes for LoD, worth trying if you’d mainly intend to use it on 1 character, but you are right, it’s a sloppy oversight.

in Crafting

Rhow.6814

“This item is soulbound to another character.” So infused LoD/SoG permanently stick to one character. In light of “account bound high-end items” (including legendaries) agenda this issue is really a ridiculous oversight. I wonder if correcting this would take as much time as it took for adding back pieces infusion recipies into the game, or other quality of life improvements (requested by players, mind you), for that matter.

in Crafting

Posted by: Samuirai.4561

Samuirai.4561

Can confirm. Have the same problem. I assume it was an oversight and they will change it sooner or later

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

It may be an oversight, but in no way “ridiculous”. They only made this change a month or so ago. Put in an in-game bug report and wait for them to fix it (I agree it should be account bound if it’s ascended gear).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

in Crafting

Rhow.6814

By “ridiculous” I meant that when normal people do something, they do not rely on circumstances, which were true for times gone. Think about it: if it were so simple to add infusion recipe as writing 1 line of code and flipping a switch, the item, being of ascended type, must abide by changes already made to this category of items, but it doesn’t; if it were so hard to make one single item, logic dictates surely Anet must be crafting each single RNG item by hand, infusing it with souls of little children, which is absolutely dumbfounded. Point here being there is no logical explanation why a single item (well, two) of a particular type would not abide by new rules and be unique for no reason. It is not a rocket science, but I’m not saying there’s a freaking conspiracy here either. It’s just… ridiculous. Pardon my language, by if a man all his life releaves himself after putting pants down, doing those two simple things in another order would seem rather odd, don’t you think?

(edited by Rhow.6814)

in Crafting

Rhow.6814

And bug report ofc submitted, I presume not by myself alone. Maybe Anet will pay attention to this, who knows. It just sadens me greatly meanwhile that I cannot do such a simple thing as throwing my infused LoD (with agony 20 btw) to anotehr character, if i wish to swap, say, and help my party in a high lvl fractal…
Quality of life… anyway.

PS: Ever since I started playing I am genuinely astonished by overall QoL, and I have played my fair share of other MMOs. It takes effort to keep up a good work, but it ought not to be at the cost of teeny tiny crap that is so annoying on the big picture and shadows all the good stuff we have.

in Crafting

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

By “ridiculous” I meant that when normal people do something, they do not rely on circumstances, which were true for times gone.
…….

Just remember you posted that the next time you make a mistake….

Yes, a perfect world is something we can all strive for, but in reality, mistakes happen. In terms of the overall importance of mistakes, this one is NOT that high on the list.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances