List of cooking material farm w/ maps

in Crafting

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, I compiled a list of cooking material farms that I encountered while exploring all the leveling zones. I thought this might help those who are trying to level up a chef although the mats themselves are not too expensive on the trading post.

Here is list, the top section is sorted by the cooking material while the bottom is sorted by zones with map for every zone along with the nearest waypoint
http://dulfy.net/2012/10/03/gw2-cooking-material-farms/

What are farms?

Farms in GW2 are a collection of 8 identical cooking material nodes. They have a 23 hr respawn and can be found in almost every zone. During the beta when this was first discovered, one of the devs said that they contain cooking materials that can be found only in those farms.

I am not a chef, why do I care about these farms?
Farms are a great way to get unidentified dyes. Unfortunately, not all of the cooking materials in them sell well. Most sell only a couple copper while others sell for a max of 30 copper each.

What cooking mats are available in farms?

• Artichoke
  • Butternut Squash
  • Cabbage
  • Cauliflower
  • Grape
  • Lettuce
  • Potato
  • Spinach
  • Strawberry
  • Sugar Pumpkin

(edited by dulfy.1493)

in Crafting

Posted by: Faramir.3582

Faramir.3582

Thank you.Nice and clean list-will using it.To effectively gather all the farms better have open all waypoints near them otherwise will be too time-consuming.Also for those who love doing jumping puzzles-doing Troll`s End in Lion`s Arch just near the chest there are several spawns combination of some of above mentioned vegetables.

in Crafting

Posted by: LinseyMurdock

LinseyMurdock

Game Designer

You are missing one and also, clams are not a farm material

Lead Designer – Living World

in Crafting

Posted by: Koega.8653

Koega.8653

Carrots and onions?

in Crafting

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Spinach is the one missing me thinks.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Crafting

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Thanks for the correction! Spinach is the one I am missing (had it listed under zones but forgot to correct it at the top). Removed Clam from the list