Loadstones: Just a wee bit ridiculous?

in Crafting

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

So, I’m wandering around trying to figure out what to do as an 80 with all my gear. I thought, “hey, I’ll make a cool weapon for my alt thats coming up” and decided Infinite Light looked pretty spiff even though every harpy on Tyria has one.

So what do I need?

50 skill points. Check.
100 daily coins. Easy enough.
250 Orichalcum blades. Hmm. That’ll take a couple weeks, but nothing unmanageable.
250 Charged Loadstones. …Oh, my, gods…

Guides say you’re doing good to get one an hour farming them with full magic find gear – for the 2 hours that its even possible to farm for them after the Temple of Zephyrs flips. You can get them out of chest in the CoE, I guess (no luck there). I’ve gotten 1 from killing the Jade Maw… Keep doing the daily there I guess. Or pay about 3 gold a pop for them at the AH, a price I can’t even say is unreasonable because they ARE a monumantal pain in the back side to get.

…but really? 250 hours of farming for a not-a-legendary skin? Is this the standard ANet thinks is appropriate for hanging around as a max level character? Weeks farming oricalum for the blades is a long term goal. 250 hours of smashing face on air elementals in Orr… cree-rack! That was the sound of my soul breaking.

I’m pleading with the Devs on this – tone down the recipe requirements for lodestones in general. Loosen the slots on the sliver/fragments/shard/core/lodestones drops at ALL levels. I’d be happy to get Zommoros drunk on wine to do some transmuting but they’re crazy rare/expensive at every level range. Get a few more of these things into the economy. At a bare minumum get some places we can hunt level 80 elementals that don’t rely on a temple being flipped. Consider a vendor that will swap WvW token or fractal relics or currency from any other endgame activity for Lodestones so I can at least mix it up a little as I roll the boulder up the hill.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Crafting

Posted by: Adenos.3018

Adenos.3018

Well, you are the one that decided to go for one of the most expensive non-legendary exotics in the game. The prices on lodestones spiked yesterday due to manipulators, but they seem to be going back down now. I do agree that lodestones are currently quite hard to obtain, and hope Anet will do something about it. Anet did introduce a new location fo get lodetones through fractals. Charged lodestones/cores can also drop from the chests in the harpy fractal. This actually lead to a fairly substantial drop in lodestone prices the first week of fractals. Now that the fractal craze has died down a bit, and less people seem to be running them, the prices are increasing agian.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Well, the others require at least 100 loadstones, so the issue exists with most if not all of the unique skins generated in the giant-glowie-flushie-thing. I did notice “charged” bits were more expensive than all others, but I chalked that up to the items that are made with charged bits are generally the most visually appealing .

I’ll keep an eye out for the Uncategorized fractal chests. More way of getting them is always welcome.

in Crafting

Posted by: Horheristo.3607

Horheristo.3607

Prices should rise even more for lodestones now with all the dozens of precursors that everyone got thanks to the karka chests.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Truthfully I don’t like the look of any of the Legendaries that much. The dawn-colored greatsword is neat, but not neat enough to slog after it. I was gonna get the shield until I saw one in person. I’m building the 2 universal Legendary gifts and hoping the second round of weapon skins (or the vaguely hinted at lgendary armor) materializes BEFORE ascended weapons make Legendaries pop up to a must-have red quality stat line.

I would think the surge of precurssors (and by “surge” I mean a whole 2 of them reported in the 100 or so people that downed the Ancient Karka on my server) would have come and gone some time ago.

in Crafting

Adenos.3018

People that had issues lost shores event and never receieved a chest, have been getting chests today. It seems like they’re issuing the chests in waves, so expect more precursors on the market.

in Crafting

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

At least you can get a great looking legendary, have you seen the horrible excuse for a legendary pistol they have available? And there’s no shield to speak of at ALL. meh. Engis SOL I guess.

The one shield I found was clearly solely guardian. And the pistol was just weird, like willy wonka weird LOL.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

in Crafting

Nike.2631

There is a Unique Shield recipe for the mystic forge known (1 Eldritch Scroll, 70 Mystic Coin, 1 Gift of Light, 250 Orichalcum Shield Boss), but seemingly no one has pics what it looks like.

You’ll be doing a mere one-hundred hours of Charged Lodestone farming for that one… :p

in Crafting

Posted by: Nemui.6753

Nemui.6753

since launch i’ve been more or less working towards the juggernaut (legendary hammer).
then i learned about “Mjolnir”.
then i learned about charged lodestones, and that Mjolnir requires 350 of them.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

I wondered why I had never seen one of the big ol’ lightning hammers outside of the wiki, while the Legendaries are kind of hanging around on street corners begging to be admired.

I really, really hope they get a second round of Legendaries out there. There are just no weapon/theme mixes that appeal to any of my character concepts (other than the seemingly endless greatswords – everybody has those, so they are kinda losing the prestige feel to me)

in Crafting

Adenos.3018

Just remember that if the second round of legendaries come out soon, the demand and consequently the price on charged lodestones will shoot up even more.

in Crafting

Nike.2631

Well, there will come a point when even the Devs are unhappy with loadstones as a gating mechanism, and then maybe we’ll see them loosen the deathgrip on loadstones dropping/creation.

I did get a loadstone (not charged, sadly) from trying to make a Mystic Clover. That startled me quite a bit.