Lodestones = bad design

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: lackofcheese.5617

lackofcheese.5617

So the main effect of such a change would be to make the game more inconvenient for many people. Why bother?

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

Hey most of the weapons in terms of “max stats possible” can be purchase from the TP for 3G or LESS
IF you want “extra” skins or more “unique” skins expect to pay more for it and according to today’s market you’ll have to pay a big premium. You can grind it, trade gems for it, buy gold from botters or invest/play in the market. So kitten You people, You “WANT” a better skin, you guys don’t “NEED” one.

I can buy a second hand 1992 accord for $500, but if i want a 2013 BMW M5 s well i would be paying roughly 90-95k… do the math. I agree that yes you get a big speed difference in both cars but its not like a 1992 accord isn’t gonna get you around just as well. I mean you ain’t driving legally if you’re doing 80 where it say’s 25

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

(edited by Kelvingts.2035)

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Mira.4071

Mira.4071

Have you played Lineage, Aion, etc?

You had to farm 1000000 mobs to drop rare recipe, you had to farm 1000 hours so you can craft something that didnt even crit and you had to start again. That made those things rare when somene achived them.

I know these are one of those most grindy mmorpgs. But if you ask me If I want something like world of warcraft, casual and simple mmorpg, where everyone is entitled to everything or someting like Aion, lineage. I would never pick up World of Warcraft again.

Legendary and rare weapons should take months, years to obtain. But when you obtain you never take them off. Its something you cherish, someting you are kitten proud off and when you have them, the whole server remebers your nickname.
But if players wants Legendaries, or really rare weapons like Mjolnir to take about few weeks, month to obtain. I am okey with that, I will just play Elder scrolls online.

I agree with more spots where to farm lodestones, etc. But grind is huge part of mmopgs.

If Legendaries are supposed to take “years to obtain”, why are there people already running around with them now, 2 months after release? The problem is that Legendaries only take “years to obtain” if you don’t have a fat wallet, so the most efficient way to get one is just to get a lot of gold. And in turn the most efficient way to get a lot of gold is to run the same boring event chains a million times.

If Arenanet truly wanted something that took a long time to earn, why not make some kind of daily crafting material? Imagine something like Mystic Coins but soulbound. You can get 1 per day. Now you have an item that makes you wait a specific amount of days before you can craft your item. Make it take 350 of them and then everyone has to wait at least a year to make one and nobody can buy their way past it.

I’m way more in favor of something like this, than the way it currently exists.

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Kelvingts.2035

Kelvingts.2035

If a player is smarter they can obviously obtain one much earlier
If a player was harder working they can obviously obtain much earlier
If a player was willing to spend real money they can obviously obtain one much earlier
If a player was able to play the market correctly they can obviously obtain one much earlier

Kelvingts – Human Warrior
Adventurethyme [BMO] , Dragonbrand

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Krulz.6245

Krulz.6245

Well, I didn’t cheat or buy gold, and already have all the clovers almost all the lodestones and due the raise in the globes prices I miss like 100 yet.
But besides that I have it all.
If you don’t know where to get lodestones, get any other thing and buy/trade em.
I didn’t pretend to be rude.
Just pointing it.
Like others I don’t like that after all my hard work now all will be easier, that’s all.

Krulz – Guardian –
~Piken Square~

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

So all lodestones drop from either a dungeon in about 4-5 clears you will get 1 or a 00000.1% from a certain elemental mob in the wild. Making farming these for crafting impossible. A-net NC soft failed with Aion in north america because they made the mistake in thinking we like to grind farm like the asian market. We dont mind the farming to a reasonable extent your current Drop% on most end game items is way way to high. Legendary precursors, Lodestones, BLChest. These issues need to be addressed.

Your system is pushing people to Gold buying sites because o these low drop %

My wife recently crafted “Corrupted Avenger” (GS) for her mesmer. We farmed the Corrupted Loadstones ourselves in Frostgorge, took us about a week to get 30 Farming 2-3 hours a night with MF gear and boosts. Not really bad IMO, I don’t want everything in the game to be super easy.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

(edited by blackgoat.5172)

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Greyfeld.7104

Greyfeld.7104

So all lodestones drop from either a dungeon in about 4-5 clears you will get 1 or a 00000.1% from a certain elemental mob in the wild. Making farming these for crafting impossible. A-net NC soft failed with Aion in north america because they made the mistake in thinking we like to grind farm like the asian market. We dont mind the farming to a reasonable extent your current Drop% on most end game items is way way to high. Legendary precursors, Lodestones, BLChest. These issues need to be addressed.

Your system is pushing people to Gold buying sites because o these low drop %

My wife recently crafted “Corrupted Avenger” (GS) for her mesmer. We farmed the Corrupted Loadstones ourselves in Frostgorge, took us about a week to get 30 Farming 2-3 hours a night with MF gear and boosts. Not really bad IMO, I don’t want everything in the game to be super easy.

That sounds incredibly boring, and a horrible way to “earn” a legendary weapon.

Personally, I’d prefer legendary weapons be tied to doing various actions in the game (much like daily and monthly achievements), but on a grand scale. Having to collect specific high-level materials from specific areas, buying more materials with badges through WvW, maybe picking up a craft-specific item, then running through certain explorable dungeon to craft them all together into one part of the legendary weapon. (Just as an example)

Currently, you can basically just buy a legendary if you have enough gold. That’s not epic or amazing in the slightest. It doesn’t say that your character went on an epic journey, or accomplished an epic task or feat, or even completed a near-impossible dungeon. All it says about your character is that you had enough spare cash laying around, or had enough spare time to grind trash mobs for several hours a day.

Course, I don’t think Anet is going to make a change like this, any more than I think they’re ever going to make a new generation version of Darkness Falls, so I suppose it’s a moot point.

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

It would be nice if we could trade dungeon tokens for lodestones. It would be a nice way to convert dungeon tokens to cash, and would certainly grant us a challenging new means of obtaining lodes.

1 lodestone/60 tokens sounds good?

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

1 token on 180 is good too… but plz kill this kitten RNG system!

I do like 20 30 TA full run (same path) at day for lodestone and some time i drop 4 5 for day and maybe a nab man that do it fot 1st time drop 3 in a run -.-

KILL RNG plz.

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

Legendaries are already tied to getting crazy achievements..you have to have searched the entire world, crafted some of the most difficult recipes, have found the most exotic and rare nodes, beaten Balthazar, slayed thousands of elementals and become a master of dungeons…as far as this game goes..that IS Legendary. That is a huge amount of things you have to do in order to get one, if you make the precursor any quest..these things will become nothing but paperweights the next week.

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: silvermember.8941

silvermember.8941

I hear a lot of people whining how guild wars 2 isn’t suppose to have grind. Guild wars 2 just like guild wars 1 does not have any mandatory grind i.e grind for better stats, but guild wars HAS ALWAYS had grind cosmetic items.

So if you want something that looks nice you have to work for it, if you just want max stat gear the grind is nonexistent.

As u know im pro. ~Tomonobu Itagaki

This is an mmo forum, if someone isn’t whining chances are the game is dead.

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Hellkaiser.6025

Hellkaiser.6025

“we don’t want you to grind, it’s not fun” – Colin Johansen (hope I spelled it right)

Yes, clearly that statement that was carefully prepared for the MMO manifesto, something that would be out there in terms of PR and statement wise in an advertisement, was meant to say

“We don’t want you to grind, but we’ll make long term goals grind-fests. But don’t grind them! don’t you dare”

I’m sorry but people defending the “legen-dairy” farm weapons, honestly just seem to have warped logic :S
By all means protect a system because it suits you, protect it for various reasons, but be bloody honest about those reasons or else your logical fallacies and flaws will just show up and leave other players with an even more bitter taste in their mouths,
having said that I’m pretty sure it’s already damage done and there’s no word of changing things so more fool A-net. We can’t say that we didn’t warn them it was a bad system.

Irony…. xD

Lodestones = bad design

in Crafting

Posted by: Apraxas.3685

Apraxas.3685

People cry and moan about precursors, now cry and moan about lodestones, then cry and moan about expensive t6 mats, is this just a never ending cycle?, just stop qqing, go farm and get your kitten weapons.