Made "The Lover", then "Spark" ( Now 6 more)

in Crafting

Posted by: zBluRrYz.1347

zBluRrYz.1347

“I see what you mean”, says the guy who pooped out 4 precursors in 3 days.

Don’t worry I’m not bitter, I got Dusk from a trash mob, but I don’t think you can empathise with those who have spent like 2-3k hours and got nothing.

I don’t really understand what you mean by “Spent 2-3k hours and got nothing”. They spent 2-3 hours at the forge and got nothing? Or they spent 2-3k hours playing and general and got nothing. 2-3 Hours unless you’re actively going for a precursor isnt much. If you spend that much time, just outright buy one like i did when i made my legendary. You can farm 4-6g an hour consistintly in good spots so i dont see what people with so much time played are doing :S

Legends Never [DIE].
B L U R R Y. Thiefy Thief Thief

in Crafting

Posted by: viennapleads.1784

viennapleads.1784

So after seeing this thread, I decided to try my luck at getting a Dragon’s Jade claim ticket again. I bought 350 coffers, and got three tickets! Probably the luckiest I’ve been since I’ve been playing.

in Crafting

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

“I see what you mean”, says the guy who pooped out 4 precursors in 3 days.

Don’t worry I’m not bitter, I got Dusk from a trash mob, but I don’t think you can empathise with those who have spent like 2-3k hours and got nothing.

I don’t really understand what you mean by “Spent 2-3k hours and got nothing”. They spent 2-3 hours at the forge and got nothing? Or they spent 2-3k hours playing and general and got nothing. 2-3 Hours unless you’re actively going for a precursor isnt much. If you spend that much time, just outright buy one like i did when i made my legendary. You can farm 4-6g an hour consistintly in good spots so i dont see what people with so much time played are doing :S

I mean those people who have racked up 2/3k hours gameplay since release and have no precursors to show for it.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Crafting

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

^^ At 2383 hours, having done everything from dungeon spaming, JPs, WVW, Hitting at least 7/8 daily chests (and many of the ground boxes as alts), and over 1k rares dumped into the forge; I finally got my first precursor at 2382 hours…

People with so much time played are thinking that they too might be able to get a precursor for less then the market price (which is incredibly high in my opinion). That’s why I’m not a fan of the only RNG approach with precursors, it’s silly that if you dedicate that much time to find one, you odds after 2000 hours are no better then your odds at 3 hours.

in Crafting

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Of all the things in GW2, probably the only thing I can not stand is the fact that to obtain a legendary you need to use the Mystic forge and rely on RNG or same thing rely on drop RNG from world/dungeon drops.

This infuriates me the most in mmos because there is no way to work at something like this when it is only based on luck and not time invested. I don t mind doing something twice a day for a year to obtain something…I mind doing something twice a day for a year and have no guarantees of reaching the goal.

Yup, this thread just shows the ridiculousness of the system and the inequity. Give us a way to work towards it please anet.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Crafting

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Yes, I grow tired of his bragging unless he intends to make up for the unfairness that is RNG. I couldn’t care less except for how annoyed I am at this gambling aspect of the game.

I think a developer from Wildstar said it best: From an economic standpoint, I love lotteries because they’d be an extra money sink. The extra money sink means I could reduce the costs of, say, item repair and the economy would remain balanced. However, gambling is not welcome in all regions and can create animosity.

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

Another braggart and his charity precs.

Grats, you must feel proud after the amount of effort you put into obtaining your prec.

The first precursor i ever got was a Dawn. I farmed for countless hours and bought it at 400g. I’ve been through the precursor grind. Thank you very much.

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

Yes, I grow tired of his bragging unless he intends to make up for the unfairness that is RNG. I couldn’t care less except for how annoyed I am at this gambling aspect of the game.

I think a developer from Wildstar said it best: From an economic standpoint, I love lotteries because they’d be an extra money sink. The extra money sink means I could reduce the costs of, say, item repair and the economy would remain balanced. However, gambling is not welcome in all regions and can create animosity.

The unfairness? RNG is 100% fair. It’s like the lottery. Is the lottery unfair? No. You choose to play and you know your odds.

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

Updated with Picture. Just forged “The Legend” 5 minutes ago,

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Stop…just stop stealing everyone’s luck.

(and Gz)

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

Stop…just stop stealing everyone’s luck.

(and Gz)

I think i’m done for abit. lol

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Lol this is just a subtle brag thread

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

Lol this is just a subtle brag thread

I wont deny that. But i’m hoping to as well inspire people to play the Mystic Forge more. People spend 50g, get depressed and stop. Trying a couple hundred. Get some more precursors in the market, the price will go down and help everyone. They’re not that hard to get guys…

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

So Blurryz, this has all be with 80 rares, right? And are you always using specific weapons types to get the pre you’re after, or are you throwing in random 80 rares?

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

So Blurryz, this has all be with 80 rares, right? And are you always using specific weapons types to get the pre you’re after, or are you throwing in random 80 rares?

I only use 80 rares. I sell back the Exotics i get. Also, yes, i go for specific Precursors using the weapon type it requires.

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I am your polar opposite and you scare me. :P
Gratz!!

Gunnar’s Hold

in Crafting

Posted by: sinderhella.5680

sinderhella.5680

Nice, wish I had that kind of coin to just throw around!

Sinderhella – 80 Thief | Magoria – 80 Necromancer
When a thief tells you ’’L2P’’, they mean this.
Solider Bee ~ Sinister Swarm

in Crafting

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Gratz!!

Yeah, I feel the same way. I’m sure that Blurryz is right and that some people spend 50g then give up, but I’ve spent much more than that on exotics that I pay ~85s each for, and rares as well, and I’ve gotten nada.

I know RNG is RNG, and we see it everywhere in the game. The dragon coffers, for example, there were people who opened over 6000 regular coffers to get 1 weapon ticket, and there were people who opened less than 5 to get one. The difference between that scenario and this one is that Blurz seems like one of the lucky ones that got a ticket in less than 5 boxes, but several times in a row, and then got even more tickets with a few hundred more attempts.

At this point I’m seriously considering sending you 300g and letting you MF Dawn for me, Blurz =P

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

in Crafting

Miku.6297

I wont deny that. But i’m hoping to as well inspire people to play the Mystic Forge more. People spend 50g, get depressed and stop. Trying a couple hundred. Get some more precursors in the market, the price will go down and help everyone. They’re not that hard to get guys…

Inspire maybe, but there are many people who have dumped over 500g over time in and gotten nothing out.

I’ve personaly done over 250 rare staves, 200 rare GSs, and 8 exotic staves, with nothing to show for it. I find it hard to feel inspired when it has literally nothing to do with player skill/playing better and has everything to do with LUCK.

in Crafting

Posted by: Insignya.8625

Insignya.8625

So the entire reward system of the game relies on winning the lottery and you’re telling me I should gamble more because it’s not that hard to win the lottery. God, I think I’m just about done with my faith in this community.

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

Gratz!!

Yeah, I feel the same way. I’m sure that Blurryz is right and that some people spend 50g then give up, but I’ve spent much more than that on exotics that I pay ~85s each for, and rares as well, and I’ve gotten nada.

I know RNG is RNG, and we see it everywhere in the game. The dragon coffers, for example, there were people who opened over 6000 regular coffers to get 1 weapon ticket, and there were people who opened less than 5 to get one. The difference between that scenario and this one is that Blurz seems like one of the lucky ones that got a ticket in less than 5 boxes, but several times in a row, and then got even more tickets with a few hundred more attempts.

At this point I’m seriously considering sending you 300g and letting you MF Dawn for me, Blurz =P

I have had guildies ask me to do that for them. I usually say no cause i don’t want to feel bad if it doesn’t work out. If you would like, i could do that for you, but i doubt you would want to since im just some guy over the internet

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

question…will the mystic forge take 4 of the exact same rare? or do they all have to be different?

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

in Crafting

Posted by: Galtrix.7369

Galtrix.7369

The unfairness? RNG is 100% fair. It’s like the lottery. Is the lottery unfair? No. You choose to play and you know your odds.

At the moment, I think people have a better chance at winning the lottery than gaining a precursor. Putting end-game gear as an RNG “chance to get it” is unbelievably ridiculous and should not have even been considered an aspect of this game. I spent more than 2000 hours ALONE just buying rares and throwing in exotics until I ran out of money. I did this daily and didn’t ever get a single worthwhile exotic or even a glimpse at a precursor. If you want a precursor, you have to grind the money for it, or have a chance to get it to drop. The mystic forge shouldn’t even exist. It probably exists only to get players to play more by making them dump all of their hard earned money down the forge and making them start from scratch. I don’t hate people like you for getting precursors whenever you feel lucky. I hate Anet for even implementing this stupid design in the first place.

[~Galtrix~] [~Level 80 Elementalist~] [~GoM~]

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

At the moment, I think people have a better chance at winning the lottery than gaining a precursor. Putting end-game gear as an RNG “chance to get it” is unbelievably ridiculous and should not have even been considered an aspect of this game. I spent more than 2000 hours ALONE just buying rares and throwing in exotics until I ran out of money. I did this daily and didn’t ever get a single worthwhile exotic or even a glimpse at a precursor. If you want a precursor, you have to grind the money for it, or have a chance to get it to drop. The mystic forge shouldn’t even exist. It probably exists only to get players to play more by making them dump all of their hard earned money down the forge and making them start from scratch. I don’t hate people like you for getting precursors whenever you feel lucky. I hate Anet for even implementing this stupid design in the first place.

The only reason to have the gears that comes from the mystic forge is to look nice. It has the same stats as easy to acquire end game gear. This is why the RNG on it IS acceptable.

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

The only reason to have the gears that comes from the mystic forge is to look nice. It has the same stats as easy to acquire end game gear. This is why the RNG on it IS acceptable.

The fact thakittens cosmetic doesn’t matter, its the major endgame goal to be achieved therefore the extreme RNG and luck associated with getting one is completely inequitable.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Crafting

Posted by: CryxTryx.9208

CryxTryx.9208

See I’m torn on the whole precursor thing. I think Anet really wanted to create a class of weapon that was rare, hard to achieve and thus rewarding and something to be saught after.

I understand the frustrating people are having trying to obtain one, ( I have yet to seriously try myself yet.), but at the same time I can’t think of another way to truly make a weapon class rare.

Because we have no ‘harder’ content or vertical gear grind, the options are limited to create a rare weapon class. If everyone could obtain whatever legendary they wanted at any time they wanted, they wouldn’t be very legendary. You’d see everyone standing around Lions Arch with the same gear.

As it is now, legendary’s are still fairly rare and I think that is how it should be. People keep asking for a way to ‘earn’ their legendary. I’ve seen requests for some crazy grind that people say they would be happy with because at least they know they would be working toward something instead of gambling for it.

This exists though. Because they made precursors tradable you CAN grind gold to buy a precursor. They could have made precursors a ticket that was bind on aquire and you could trade it in for the one you wanted.

So you can gamble for it, or you can grind for it. There are sure fire ways to progressively work towards a legendary.

So what are people asking for then? You just want the legendary’s to be flat our easier to aquire? You want them to be less rare? Should Anet just throw the legendaries all in a vendor like the Teir 3 armor and assing gold costs to them?

in Crafting

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

So what are people asking for then? You just want the legendary’s to be flat our easier to aquire? You want them to be less rare? Should Anet just throw the legendaries all in a vendor like the Teir 3 armor and assing gold costs to them?

What people want, but won’t come right out and say, is this:

I want a legendary weapon so that people will see me with it and be jealous. I don’t want them to be easy to get, I just want ME to have it. Because I see other people with legendary weapons and I am jealous of them, so I want other people to be jealous of me.

There are thousands of players out there with legendaries, and more of them every month. The problem for the complainers is that they don’t have their weapon now and don’t want to wait to get it. But if the system were to be tweaked so that it was easier, a lot more people would get them and then they wouldn’t feel special, so they would still complain because at any given moment there are 50 Twilights running around Lion’s Arch.

They will complain no matter what, so just ignore the complaints, they don’t really mean anything.

(edited by tolunart.2095)

in Crafting

zBluRrYz.1347

I want a legendary weapon so that people will see me with it and be jealous. I don’t want them to be easy to get, I just want ME to have it. Because I see other people with legendary weapons and I am jealous of them, so I want other people to be jealous of me.

There are thousands of players out there with legendaries, and more of them every month. The problem for the complainers is that they don’t have their weapon now and don’t want to wait to get it. But if the system were to be tweaked so that it was easier, a lot more people would get them and then they wouldn’t feel special, so they would still complain because at any given moment there are 50 Twilights running around Lion’s Arch.

They will complain no matter what, so just ignore the complaints, they don’t really mean anything.

^THIS

Legends Never [DIE].

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

^THIS

Aye this is what it seems like to me. I want one to, and I have not quite come to the point in my game yet were I want to throw a lot of resources at one. I’m OK with that.

But the minute that I log into Lions Arch and see Legendary’s everywhere, is the minute I cross them off my ‘to do’ list.

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

Says the guy with a legendary.

Plus its not just about getting a legendary, its about the fact that you can sell your precursor for a lot of gold that you can only otherwise get by a lot of grinding or by playing the TP.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

(edited by morrolan.9608)

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

I don’t have a legendary and I feel the same way. It is a TREAT to see a Lendary every now and then. Especially the non-great sword ones because they are even more rare.

It is fun to see people with them, and I do want one of my own at some point. I certainly won’t feel that way if Anet makes them trivial to get.

in Crafting

Miku.6297

I have two legendaries… I still think the amount of RNG is silly; I’m extremely unsatisfied with the current approach. I’d be happy to see others able to get them through things that actually rewarded time spent, not something that gives one person the item in 1 try and the other person still doesn’t have it in 200.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

I have two legendaries… I still think the amount of RNG is silly; I’m extremely unsatisfied with the current approach. I’d be happy to see others able to get them through things that actually rewarded time spent, not something that gives one person the item in 1 try and the other person still doesn’t have it in 200.

The people that do not want to play the RNG game have the option to save up gold and ‘be rewarded for time spent’ by buying the precursor, or hell, even the whole legendary off the TP.

There are currently two viable ways to obtain your precursor. Gambling for it, or farming for it.

Again I’ll say, what are you asking for? Do you want Anet to just put all precursors in a vendor for 500g each? What will change?

Or do you want it cheaper then that? 100g? If everyone has a legendary, no one has a legendary.

in Crafting

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Says the guy with a legendary.

Plus its not just about getting a legendary, its about the fact that you can sell your precursor for a lot of gold that you can only otherwise get by a lot of grinding or by playing the TP.

I don’t have a legendary. The gold I got from selling Dusk is long gone.

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

The people that do not want to play the RNG game have the option to save up gold and ‘be rewarded for time spent’ by buying the precursor, or hell, even the whole legendary off the TP.

This doesn’t change the essential inequity of the system.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

And your suggestion is?

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

And your suggestion is?

Make it quest based, a series of hard quests tied into the theme of the legendary, heck its what I thought they were going to do when they first announced legendaries instead of the meaningless RNG and grind that we got.

And its not like once you get a precursor you’ve got a legendary there’s still the grind to make the actual legendary.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

And your suggestion is?

Make it quest based, a series of hard quests tied into the theme of the legendary, heck its what I thought they were going to do when they first announced legendaries instead of the meaningless RNG and grind that we got.

And its not like once you get a precursor you’ve got a legendary there’s still the grind to make the actual legendary.

Ok so you don’t care if Legendaries are rare. If it meant the Legendary was easier to obtain you’re OK with everyone walking around with one?

I guess that is one side of the argument I didn’t consider. I just love the idea of the Legendary class of weapon actually having some rairity to it.

You make obtaining a legendary quest based and every other person in Lions Arch will be walking around with multiples inside of a week. Not to mention you say they should be ‘hard’ quests….

Hard quests? What are those? Look at the amount of people that find the Antherblade JP too hard? Do you remember what happended when they revamped AC? If I wanted to read the dungeon form I had to roll up my pants cuffs in order to wade through the tears.

There is nothing that is skill gated in GW2 yet. That is your solution to Legendaries? Or when you said ‘hard’ you didn’t really mean hard.

in Crafting

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

There is nothing that is skill gated in GW2 yet.

This couldn’t be more true, it’s sad…

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

There is nothing that is skill gated in GW2 yet.

This couldn’t be more true, it’s sad…

And don’t get me wrong, I am all for more challenging content. I get that guild wars is more about the expirience and there are a lot of players who treat the game as more of a sand box adventure and not a test of skill so I don’t think anything unique should be gated behind skill.

With that being said, I’m all for more challenging, dungeons, jumping puzzles, world bosses, you name it, bring it on.

I think it should be fairly obvious however that gating the legendary skins being skill is not the answer here.

in Crafting

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Tie them to achievement points 10k requirement on top of a scavenger hunt. Almost no one who has one atm would have one if it were the case and they actually would be rare. Down the road introduce new ones that require 20k points…..30k points…etc etc….

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

Ok so you don’t care if Legendaries are rare. If it meant the Legendary was easier to obtain you’re OK with everyone walking around with one?

I guess that is one side of the argument I didn’t consider. I just love the idea of the Legendary class of weapon actually having some rairity to it.

You make obtaining a legendary quest based and every other person in Lions Arch will be walking around with multiples inside of a week. Not to mention you say they should be ‘hard’ quests….

You realise that there is still the process to make one as I stated, make that grind longer then, at least the element of RNG is removed.

Plus there’s the fact that having quests based around the theme gives the weapon more meaning. As it is its just a hard to get shiny, no more no less, its essentially meaningless just a demonstration of a players luck and willingness to grind.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

Tie them to achievement points 10k requirement on top of a scavenger hunt. Almost no one who has one atm would have one if it were the case and they actually would be rare. Down the road introduce new ones that require 20k points…..30k points…etc etc….

That’s an idea. I wouldn’t mind seeing a new set of Legendary skins released in this way. It is a huge grind though, which is something many players would rally against.

Not to mention that when 30k achievment Legendaries were released, new players would complain about not being able to achieve it.

My point is, you just can’t please everyone. You guys are giving suggestions and they are not bad ones, but they are suggestions that you and players like you would like, and a whole bunch more players wouldn’t like.

I don’t really see a point in changing the current Legendary system. Not to mention the if it WAS made eaiser, it would devalue the Lendaries that players who have already obtained them the current way have.

The suggestions people are coming up with now are ones that Anet should consider when coming out with new Legendary sets. As the game develops new ways to obtain different Legendary skins will be made available. Just like we have for armor now.

You can get your armor skins through Karma (grind?), Dungeons (Skill?), WvWvW, Gold, crafting, ect.

One day we may have as many options for different Legendary sets. One set that is skill gated, one set you grind achievment points for, hey maybe there will even be a WvWvW legendary set specific to those achievments.

Because the simple fact is no one system is going to please everyone.

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

And don’t get me wrong, I am all for more challenging content. I get that guild wars is more about the expirience and there are a lot of players who treat the game as more of a sand box adventure and not a test of skill so I don’t think anything unique should be gated behind skill.

But you’re OK with it being gated behind luck?

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

You realise that there is still the process to make one as I stated, make that grind longer then, at least the element of RNG is removed.

Plus there’s the fact that having quests based around the theme gives the weapon more meaning. As it is its just a hard to get shiny, no more no less, its essentially meaningless just a demonstration of a players luck and willingness to grind.

Making the grind longer is not going to preserve the rarity of the set. ‘Grind’ is also almost as bad of a word around here as ‘RNG’.

You ask for grind instead of RNG, others ask for skill instead of grind. I am not saying it was the best choice but I really do understand why Anet chooses RNG for most of their rare items. Luck is the one thing everyone and .. no one has. Or at least can’t prove they don’t have.

If they made it skill, the casual and unskilled would complain. If they made it a grind, the casual players would complain and the hardcore players would say it was borning so what were they left with? Luck, lol.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

But you’re OK with it being gated behind luck?

Personally I’m OK with it being gated behind skill.

Dungeon skill – earn your Legendary with the help of friends and guildmates!

Jumping Skill – It could be a week long intense jumping puzzle where one wrong move means death.

I’m Ok with it being gated behind anything that preserves the rarity of the set, because IMO as soon as that is gone they might as well be just a skin you buy from a vendor.

in Crafting

morrolan.9608

Making the grind longer is not going to preserve the rarity of the set. ‘Grind’ is also almost as bad of a word around here as ‘RNG’.

You ask for grind instead of RNG, others ask for skill instead of grind. I am not saying it was the best choice but I really do understand why Anet chooses RNG for most of their rare items. Luck is the one thing everyone and .. no one has. Or at least can’t prove they don’t have.

If they made it skill, the casual and unskilled would complain. If they made it a grind, the casual players would complain and the hardcore players would say it was borning so what were they left with? Luck, lol.

1. I am asking for it to be based more around skill, removing luck completely from the equation. Your suggestion in your following post are worth consideration IMHO.

2. the grind already exists, its not like it would be created.

Lastly to quote from a Wildstar developer: “From an economic standpoint, I love lotteries because they’d be an extra money sink. The extra money sink means I could reduce the costs of, say, item repair and the economy would remain balanced. However, gambling is not welcome in all regions and can create animosity. Consequently, while we have thought about lotteries and similar systems, we are unlikely to have features like this at launch.”

Carbone gets it arenanet don’t.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

1. I am asking for it to be based more around skill, removing luck completely from the equation. Your suggestion in your following post are worth consideration IMHO.

2. the grind already exists, its not like it would be created.

Lastly to quote from a Wildstar developer: “From an economic standpoint, I love lotteries because they’d be an extra money sink. The extra money sink means I could reduce the costs of, say, item repair and the economy would remain balanced. However, gambling is not welcome in all regions and can create animosity. Consequently, while we have thought about lotteries and similar systems, we are unlikely to have features like this at launch.”

Carbone gets it arenanet don’t.

He doesn’t ‘get it’ until he creates a Legendary system with no matter of luck involved at all that keeps the items obtained rare.

It is very easy to look at another game system, pick an unpopular feature and say ‘yeah we won’t do that’, with out saying what you WILL do.

in Crafting

Miku.6297

My complaint isn’t there should be NO matter of luck, it’s more along the lines of there should be OTHER factors then just dumb luck.

in Crafting

CryxTryx.9208

As I said, I am not advocating the system as it is now is the best way to do it. What it has done successfully though, in my opinion, is keep the Lendary skins fairly rare.

To me that is a very important part of an ‘end-game’ skin. It needs to have some prestige to it for it to be worth any significant effort.

Right now that prestige may be ‘dumb-luck’ or ‘deep-pockets’, but its there.

Personally I have not come up with an idea yet that would eliminate the level of luck currently required while retaining the level of rairty currently in place. Which is why I don’t fault Anet for using the system they are right now.